Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice (34212 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by georgylee: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thank you Prof....... Her time is over.....
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by africanusvu(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
David West,so this man is still alive?was a minister when I was in primary 3,I ve now graduated from uni 15yrs ago,well,if he is realy stil alive,His brain must be real dead by now
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by dandoki: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...

She is only admin officer at the world bank.

2 Likes

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ocelot2006(m): 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
Boss13:

NOI is a pack load of surprises. I was elated when Jonathan made the announcement on her being the coordinating minister of the economy and I said, for once Nigeria will get it right. I was wrong. Her first shocking moment was Sure-P and I was like - WTF. This is what Venture Capitalist do in developed countries. Then there was Subsidy fraud and the heap of frauds emanating from the Jonathan's administration and each time these fraud cases appear on front page, I asked myself is NOI still part of that administration or is she a co-conspirator too?

From your post it is pretty obvious that you dony know what you're talking about. You first mentioned the SURE-P programme. Do you even know how the programme came about in the first place OR the whole idea behind it? of course you dont, else you wouldve known that funds from the sure-p used in the massive rehabilitation of our transport infrasture and inveatment in our primary health care services is actually from savings from the partial Termination of the Fuel subsidy programme by the GEJ administration. Oh btw, you do know that it was the GEJ administration via NOI and Sanusi that exposed the rot in the same Fuel subsidy programme and pushed for its outright termination while the opposition and people like you kicked against it, right?

So please get you.facts straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ocelot2006(m): 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
grin

Okonjo surprises me... Am amazed at how she climbed so high at the world bank really.... She seems less knowledgeable than a PhD student at the university of Ibadan in matters of Economics ...

Sure.....yet she passed through Ivy League schools (the VERY BEST in yhe world) from MIT to Harvard. Yet you compare her with a UI graduate
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by olajide8(m): 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
I believe Dr Iweala is a practical economist in her own right and one of the brains this country has produced in her field, I only feel the system she met doesn't permit her kind of policies with the ravaging corruption in the country. She should have just resigned at least as a matter of principle but it seems the system she was supposed to conquer, conquered her and she is now seen as one of those who took part in the carting away of the country's resources in the last four years. She really has a lot of image remaking to do.
Nope she's not a practical economists - she is an economics lecturer* and lecturers teach based on books, they don't live outside the box- everything is confined to certain rules and principles - where as psychology of human behaviour is more important in balancing economic fundamentals - she is one of the worst products to ever be produced as a minister of finance in nigeria* she can only fit into the world bank as an MD - and can't even run as president because it entails measuring psychological elements as against what the MD would propose.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ocelot2006(m): 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
philips70:

Yet we are in all this economic mess? If someone of less pedigree had managed our economy for these number of years means we would have been worse off than Somalia.

Care to explain the "economic mess"? Last i checked, the.economy ia still the largest in Africa, still grows at 6% + rate, is still a choice destination for FDI, is slowly being diversified with sectors like agriculture now accounting for a xonaiderable chunk of our foreign exchange earnings with the manufacturing sector on the rise. All these thanks to NOI. But please do tell us about this "mess".
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by sadissbala(m): 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Duru1:

The above post reflected the typical idiosyncrasy of most Nigerians when they appear and sound like they know it all yet exude ignorance of unimaginable height. Nigeria had someone named Gen. M. Buhari due to the corruptive practices of NPC led by Bello and Balewa. One wonders how the APC is going to eradicate corruption in Nigeria when the top dog in the party is a product of nepotistic endeavors of NPC and northern region of Nigeria.
u talk ur own grammar base on your interest.but It sound bias to me.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by kinibigdeal(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
I can't believe david west can now be talking like an illiterate, can you compare the nigeria under the military rule to the nigeria we have now. What was the value of Naira before General buhari took over from shagari? Even when abacha was looting the hell out of Nigeria, the naira was still very strong in regards to the economy. I will not but ask david west the following question

1. What determine the values of a currency?
2. What was our per capital income then compare to now
3. What is the ratio of our foreign reserve to our currency ratio?

I can't but laugh when some people call the respectable "minister for finance" clueless, do you think if she has the capacity to strengthen the naira she wouldn't have done so. If she's that clueless, why the hell is "IMF and World bank under her ass to work for them, if she's that clueless. With the current state of the world economy, only few currency may survive as time goes by. Even the dollars is falling. How do you strengthen the naira when the global oil price is falling? I think david west and some of his supporters are clueless. There is nothing Gen.Buhari can do about the currency except he devaluate the naira instead.

Hence, if you frustrate the minister for finance and she went back to work with either world bank or IMF, be ready to be frustrated through her because Nigeria may want to borrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ohenhen1: 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
Iweala gave some good advise. We do need to monitor how state governments manage the allocation, we also need to save more money in the excess crude account. We also need to build stronger institutions to fight corruption. We also need to generate more revenue.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by proudlyhandsome: 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
aceguy1:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/david-west-to-okonjo-iweala-buhari-doesnt-need-your-advice/

Pls Eastern part of the country needs her service only. We in the Southern and Northern part of the country have better and knowledgeable people to look after our economy.

She can go back to where failures are well celebrated and rewarded with royal blessing and senatorial seat.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by adeiza4u(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
PrinceMario:
BREAKING:

PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.
fell*d from palm tree, crash*d on the ground. See waitin u cause!!
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by philips70(m): 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:

Care to explain the "economic mess"? Last i checked, the.economy ia still the largest in Africa, still grows at 6% + rate, is still a choice destination for FDI, is slowly being diversified with sectors like agriculture now accounting for a xonaiderable chunk of our foreign exchange earnings with the manufacturing sector on the rise. All these thanks to NOI. But please do tell us about this "mess".

[b]In a country of 170M people only a negligible percentage could relate with these line of yours. Suffice it to say very few are knowledgable in financial matters. Same goes for people even in advanced countries. The only indices these category of people understand are jobs, the buying power of their currency, food on their table, affordable decent housing for all and life expectancy amongst others. With the reality on ground these indices are in sharp contrast with the sermon you just preached. Suffice it to say your sermon on the mount is only evident in the lives of politicians who have looted and appropriated huge funds to themselves and voodoo economists like NOI. For the common man on the streets there is weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Nigerians are still living on less than $2 a day and minimum wage is still N18,000 when the exchange of the Naira to the dollar is 199/$. By the way hope you are not one of the happy politicians who do not believe times are hard in Nigeria just because they are living in affluence?[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by lollybee15(m): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:
Who is Tam David West? grin
Tam David West is an old professor of virology in University of Ibadan. He was the minister for petroleum under Buhari/Idiagbon's regime between 1983 and 1985.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
somegirl1:
Never knew a Finance Minister could make or authorize arrests and could force her employer to act on her advice.
I'm sure she'd be as surprised as I am, when she reads this, that she was expected to do the job of president in addition to her job.
The things I learn on here.
she was coordinating minister whatever the heck that is
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
ehie:
we chose buhari deal with it. We chose him with his cows. With his old age.with his lost certificate.with the fact that he is an abo.ki. We are damn happy with our choice. Even if it turns out bad we will be happy with it . it might turn out to be our success or failure...so dearie.take a hike
gbam

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
philips70:

Yet we are in all this economic mess? If someone of less pedigree had managed our economy for these number of years means we would have been worse off than Somalia.
which mumu looting pedivree abeg make we hear word.she is an admon officer in world bank not practicing economist.glorified file pusher.her popsi obj friend. She did not get the hob cos she has anything in her puffpuff head
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
ceejayluv:

From the concluded election, over 40% of Nigerians don't share your opinion. Live with it.
this democracy not minoritycracy
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by seemsnice: 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Gbam! E don happen be that. See david west dey talk like him too buhari need him advice. Even u buhari no need your advice.
U are a big time liar, GMB need advice frm every Nigerians
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ceejayluv(m): 11:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
mikolo80:
this democracy not minoritycracy
And definitely not a "majoritycracy" , for opposition and separation of powers are real influences...
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by vicky4227(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Let us let peace reign because we need it in this country.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
ceejayluv:

And definitely not a "majoritycracy" , for opposition and separation of powers are real influences...
Majority trumps influenceocracy
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ibrokola(m): 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Gbam! E don happen be that. See david west dey talk like him too buhari need him advice. Even u buhari no need your advice.

Trust me, Buhari does.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Rick9(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
We don't need her yeye advice jor. Let her keep it to herself.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by zwar: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
dunkem21:
Who is Tam David West? grin

Obviously you are a youngster...otherwise you will know Tam David West grin grin grin grin grin
Go read your history books boy...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by gobizzy101: 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
PrinceMario:
BREAKING:

PDP TO MERGE WITH APGA,
LABOUR,
PDM,
ACORD,
AA,
SDP,
NCP,
AIT,
NTA,
NSA,
PFN,
CAN,
CBN,
SSCE,
OPC,
HIV,
MASSOB,
UTME, e.t.c ahead of 2019 election.
hahahahaha. U don off me. Gud 9t
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by PrinceMario(m): 1:51am On Apr 18, 2015
adeiza4u:
fell*d from palm tree, crash*d on the ground. See waitin u cause!!
Lol
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by PrinceMario(m): 1:53am On Apr 18, 2015
gobizzy101:
hahahahaha. U don off me. Gud 9t
Lol
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Daykoozy(m): 2:49am On Apr 18, 2015
Duru1:

The above post reflected the typical idiosyncrasy of most Nigerians when they appear and sound like they know it all yet exude ignorance of unimaginable height. Nigeria had someone named Gen. M. Buhari due to the corruptive practices of NPC led by Bello and Balewa. One wonders how the APC is going to eradicate corruption in Nigeria when the top dog in the party is a product of nepotistic endeavors of NPC and northern region of Nigeria.
The alleged attitude levelled against Boss13 is a farce. You are the one withproblem. It is obvious that a toddler would be able to observe that NOI will go down as one of the world's worst economic managers.
A pig like her would be hung in saner climes. She woefully damaged Nigeria's economy and the future of coming generations.
gej, her boss, was given the silver platter: rising oil prices, mandate of the people, and zero external debt left by OBJ administration. Yet this clueless woman and her boss fumbled the nation to bankruptcy.
Say what you may about Buhari, he is definitely not perfect but I doubt he would condone the BS witnessed the last six years. Buhari is known for one thing; his abhorrence for corruption. If Ngozi had maintained this principle and resigned due to endemic corruption, then the nation would be better for it.
Your obvious display of ignorance is clearly the malaise plaguing the nation and not Bob13's on point observations.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ibedun: 3:51am On Apr 18, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

Pls Eastern part of the country needs her service only. We in the Southern and Northern part of the country have better and knowledgeable people to look after our economy.

She can go back to where failures are well celebrated and rewarded with royal blessing and senatorial seat.

Absolutely. And yet her supporters are the ones running away from their economically barren region. That woman is just one grade better than a senior admin officer at the world bank.

1 Like

Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by ibedun: 3:54am On Apr 18, 2015
And the ugly Betty made a real mess of our economy making her eastern brothers very rich to the utter detrement of the country.
Re: David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 18, 2015
grin I come from a family of professors....now bounce along...

illiad:

Not in the entire existence of your lineage shall such a brain be born, Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airforce Jets Bomb Gbise, Ayaka, Benue Villages / Residents Protest As EFCC Storms Ambode’s House (Photos) / Shagari's Burial ‘Reunites’ Buhari And Tambuwal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.