Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1243813 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
TonySpike:

I believe the story for JL will work fine in the very least. It was written by Chris Terrio, a proven writer. My grouse is on why they chose Elfman and instructed him to work with themes from the 70's and 80's. Isn't that bizarre?
lol he sounded so annoying in that interview..... there's only one batman theme my as*..... I say the junkie xl theme suits batfleck..... but I'm one of the people who don't really notice those underlying stuff when watching a movie and u feel jl wouldn't be as much as music driven as Mos or BvS....... but am sure they will make up for Danny's generic sounds with cool action scenes and easter Eggs....

I do feel WB are trying to please general audience and critics and not fans but I can't blame them.... they haven't had a billion dollar movie since 2012 so the pressure is on jl..I just think they don't want another bvs situation.... I blame chronic hater critics they pushed WB, well in Cavill's voice "nothing stays serious in cbm world " as for the general audience.... people generally don't like change they like business as usual, formulaic and generic..... I bet if dceu came before the MCU... it will be the Mcu that will be criticised for being too lighthearted...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
Minemrys:

my hype for ragnarok died when they introduced hulk and turned it into a c0medy.
it was actually entertaining totally worth my time
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Kingrapha:
lol he sounded so annoying in that interview..... there's only one batman theme my as*..... I say the junkie xl theme suits batfleck..... but I'm one of the people who don't really notice those underlying stuff when watching a movie and u feel jl wouldn't be as much as music driven as Mos or BvS....... but am sure they will make up for Danny's generic sounds with cool action scenes and easter Eggs....

I do feel WB are trying to please general audience and critics and not fans but I can't blame them.... they haven't had a billion dollar movie since 2012 so the pressure is on jl..I just think they don't want another bvs situation.... I blame chronic hater critics they pushed WB, well in Cavill's voice "nothing stays serious in cbm world " as for the general audience.... people generally don't like change they like business as usual, formulaic and generic..... I bet if dceu came before the MCU... it will be the Mcu that will be criticised for being too lighthearted...

Oh well, WB is desperately trying hard to get as many billion dollar entries as Disney does yearly. But I don't think they are making the right decisions at the moment. As contentious as those previous DCEU movies were, it still had lot of admirers globally. But this new direction being proposed by Geoff John will be the death of DCEU and the downward spiralling of Comic Book Movies. I read that a comedy writer is being proposed to write Shazam, when exactly did Shazam become comedy? I just don't understand these guys again.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
TonySpike:

Oh well, WB is desperately trying hard to get as many billion dollar entries as Disney does yearly. But I don't think they are making the right decisions at the moment. As contentious as those previous DCEU movies were, it still had lot of admirers globally. But this new direction being proposed by Geoff John will be the death of DCEU and the downward spiralling of Comic Book Movies. I read that a comedy writer is being proposed to write Shazam, when exactly did Shazam become comedy? I just don't understand these guys again.
On the contrary, when I heard a Shazam movie was in the works, I instantly thought of maybe not fully comedic but very very lighthearted movie. I think it will be very fitting. When Zachary Levi was cast, I thought "perfect". I see no wrong in that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 5:16am On Nov 03, 2017
superbloke:

On the contrary, when I heard a Shazam movie was in the works, I instantly thought of maybe not fully comedic but very very lighthearted movie. I think it will be very fitting. When Zachary Levi was cast, I thought "perfect". I see no wrong in that.

Ditto
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2017
TonySpike:

The mind of a teenager in the body of an adult wizard. If that's not a recipe for comedy, I don't know what is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
Kaycee7:
The mind of a teenager in the body of an adult wizard. If that's not a recipe for comedy, I don't know what is
Lol.. Na all these people wey dey form Socrates on top film..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is your typical Shazam origin story as a DC animated short. I don't see any absurd comedy here, rather, I see a story with the right blend of seriousness and light humour. There might be other portrayals of Shazam but this is the most appropriate for an origin story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuK_r0kcQg
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
badinfluence:

Lol.. Na all these people wey dey form Socrates on top film..
Brother I tire for this people ooo
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
TonySpike:
This is your typical Shazam origin story as a DC animated short. I don't see any absurd comedy here, rather, I see a story with the right blend of seriousness and light humour. There might be other portrayals of Shazam but this is the most appropriate for an origin story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuK_r0kcQg
Modified:
Why must the origin story follow this format?
This doesn't mean a very light or lightly comedic theme won't work. It's not every story or character that has to be brooding or serious. This is one case where comedy will work. Nothing wrong in exploring it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
superbloke:
Modified:
Why must the origin story follow this format?
This doesn't mean a very light or lightly comedic theme won't work. It's not every story or character that has to be brooding or serious. This is one case where comedy will work. Nothing wrong in exploring it.

Which format are you referring to, dude? I am referring to the tone of the Shazam DC short video I posted. That doesn't look absurdly comedic to me. Light humour is fine with me but not making it excessive is also okay

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
TonySpike:

Which format are you referring to, dude? I am referring to the tone of the Shazam DC short video I posted. That doesn't look absurdly comedic to me. Light humour is fine with me but not making it excessive is also okay
Format, tone...all join. We're talking about the lightheadedness. Let's not run in circles around saying the same thing.
The bold is just saying the same thing i stated.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
The Thor reviews coming in say it's a great flick and I'm sure it is. Haven't seen either one yet but I know I'll definitely love JL more and rewatch it a thousand times. There is something about DC that just calls to me. I just hope JL will be able to maintain that epic feel that BvS had, but with all the blackpink hues used in these newer clips we are seeing we'll just have to watch it first and see. I stopped taking Marvel seriously when I watched GOTG vol 2. The sheer amount of jokes (and forced laughing) crammed into the movie had me complaining like 'Okay guys, allow me to make up my mind if this is funny or not.' It was ludicrous. Then Homecoming was a bust as per what I was personally expecting. Grew up watching the 90s animated cartoons (had been reading the comics way before then and also played the video games) and I've always preferred him in that just out of High School/Rookie reporter phase. Seeing him as such a young small cockroach playing hero was a jarring experience for me. Felt like I was watching Nickelodeon. I hope Infinity Wars does some major damage cos I want the stakes to be sky high. The kind of damage that Civil War hinted at but was too pvs§y to go all the way. Let Thanos murder one or more people so we know that shít just got real and we are not watching Cartoon Network. However, this last installation of Thor will definitely and easily be the best of the trilogy. First one was okay, second one was meh. One Marvel movie I'm stoked for is Black Panther. He's gonna bring the serious back. That motherfuckèr does not joke around.

Whew.. long post!

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Fuckusernamesjor(m): 3:21am On Nov 05, 2017
You guys happy now? I've taken it down.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 6:27am On Nov 05, 2017
Fuckusernamesjor:
http://barnabasoyarero..com.ng/2017/11/thor-ragnarok.html

Review on the disappointment that is ragnarok,don't forget to leave a comment.
What sort of clickbaiting are you doing? You posted the same link in the MCU thread with a different caption. Bloggers!! Na in a dey stoke fire.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Fuckusernamesjor:
http://barnabasoyarero..com.ng/2017/11/thor-ragnarok.html

Review on the disappointment that is ragnarok,don't forget to leave a comment.
angry rubbish
Absolute rubbish
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2017
superbloke:

What sort of clickbaiting are you doing? You posted the same link in the MCU thread with a different caption. Bloggers!! Na in a dey stoke fire.
thats how DC fans feel when bloggers dish out clickbait articles against their films.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Fuckusernamesjor(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2017
superbloke:

Although my intention wasn't for it to be click bait-y it's just honest,I feel it's a disappointment but since you're offended,I'll take it down
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
Fuckusernamesjor:

Although my intention wasn't for it to be click bait-y it's just honest,I feel it's a disappointment but since you're offended,I'll take it down
It's fine to have your reviews and opinions. The movie has a few things that could have been done better, but i think it's far from being a disappointment.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
Minemrys:

thats how DC fans feel when bloggers dish out clickbait articles against their films.
I didn't feel offended really. Just thought to point it out. I'm a DC fan too and I see it happen a lot.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Fuckusernamesjor(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
superbloke:

It's fine to have your reviews and opinions. The movie has a few things that could have been done better, but i think it's far from being a disappointment.

Well it was too me considering it was based on Ragnarok and the fact Age of Ultron set up a much better story than what we got
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2017
SAW THOR RAGNAROK LAST NIGHT.
WAS IT SUPERB? HELL NO! HOW ABOUT BEING BETTER THAN THE FIRST GoTG? I WILL SAY A HELL NO AGAIN!!
THE HUMORS AND JOKES FELT LIKE THEY WERE SHOEHORNED, UNLIKE THE FIRST GoTG'S JOKES THAT FLOWED MORE NATURALLY.
DON'T WANT TO SPOIL NOR REVIEW ANYTHING, BUT I WILL SAY; IF THIS IS WHAT SOME DIE-HARD MARVEL FANS AND MARVEL EXECUTIVES CALLED THE BEST THEN I NEED THEIR WORST (LIKE CA:TWS). WHEN DID THOR BECOME A JERK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! ALL OF A SUDDEN, HULK AS SUDDENLY BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE.... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL/EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THOR AND HULK'S BANTER WAS SETTLE ( MARTHA COMES TO MIND)?
I THINK MARVEL STILL NEED TO WORK HARDER ON THEIR CGI..... WAS I WATCHING A PS4 CGI GAME LAST NIGHT LOL.... HULK'S CGI WASN,T GREAT AT ALL TO SAY THE LEST AND THE WORST OF ALL WAS TA*** WA**** KORG. THE ONLY GOOD CGI, IF AT ALL THERE IS IS HELA'S GIGANTIC WOLF/DOG
I AM SERIOUSLY PRAYING DC REALIZE THAT THIS JUICY PATH THEY ABOUT TO VENTURE IN GOES WITH BOREDOM AND FATIGUE LURKING IN SHORT DISTANCE...!
MY REVIEW:
THOR RAGNAROK 6.9/10

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
SMUAG:
WAS IT SUPERB? HELL NO! HOW ABOUT BEING BETTER THAN THE FIRST GoTG? I WILL SAY A HELL NO AGAIN!!
THE HUMORS AND JOKES FELT LIKE THEY WERE SHOEHORNED, UNLIKE THE FIRST GoTG'S JOKES THAT FLOWED MORE NATURALLY.
DON'T WANT TO SPOIL NOR REVIEW ANYTHING, BUT I WILL SAY; IF THIS IS WHAT SOME DIE-HARD MARVEL FANS AND MARVEL EXECUTIVES CALLED THE BEST THEN I NEED THEIR WORST (LIKE CA:TWS). WHEN DID THOR BECOME A JERK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! ALL OF A SUDDEN, HULK AS SUDDENLY BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE.... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL/EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THOR AND HULK'S BANTER WAS SETTLE ( MARTHA COMES TO MIND)?
I THINK MARVEL STILL NEED TO WORK HARDER ON THEIR CGI..... WAS I WATCHING A PS4 CGI GAME LAST NIGHT LOL.... HULK'S CGI WASN,T GREAT AT ALL TO SAY THE LEST AND THE WORST OF ALL WAS TA*** WA**** KORG. THE ONLY GOOD CGI, IF AT ALL THERE IS IS HELA'S GIGANTIC WOLF/DOG
I AM SERIOUSLY PRAYING DC REALIZE THAT THIS JUICY PATH THEY ABOUT TO VENTURE IN GOES WITH BOREDOM AND FATIGUE LURKING IN SHORT DISTANCE...!
MY REVIEW:
THOR RAGNAROK 6.9/10

How can you be totally disappointed in a movie and still give it 6.9/10? .. Sigh.. Sometimes I feel opinions should be earned..

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
SMUAG:
MY REVIEW:
THOR RAGNAROK 6.9/10

You are not alone, kryptonian.
Me and my guy who is a marvel fan felt disappointed with ragnarok. Bringing in hulk to a w0nderful story ruined it. Thor and hulk had to share air space and story. If dc had released this, guys like badinfluence would'a been all over the place. Fanboyism for you. I anticipated Thor but it let me down, h0nestly. Lets forget abt Thor ragnarok shall we?

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
Minemrys:

Me and my guy who is a marvel fan felt disappointed with ragnarok. Bringing in hulk to a w0nderful story ruined it. Thor and hulk had to share air space and story. If dc had released this, guys like badinfluence would'a been all over the place. Fanboyism for you. I anticipated Thor but it let me down, h0nestly. Lets forget abt Thor ragnarok shall we?
Please I'm nothing like you guys.. I don't knock off a studio's product because of whatever reason you guys do it.. And 'me and my guy who is a marvel fan' is a really bad attempt at validating your point..

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Minemrys:

Liar
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Minemrys:

I FEEL MCU IS GRADUALLY LOSING ITS GRIPS ON MOVIE GOERS. MY THEATRE WITH A CAPACITY OF 200-250 HAD ONLY 20 (INCLUDING ME AND MY FRIEND) PERSONS IN IT FOR ITS FIRST WEEKEND SUNDAY. SAME THING WITH SPIDER-MAN: HC...
I DONT SEE RAGNAROK DOING #350 DOMESTICALLY BY THE TIME IT FINISHES IT RUN... THEIR LEGGY STAYING POWER IS DIMINISHING SLOWLY DOMESTICALLY, DESPITE THEIR POWERFUL ''WORD OF MOUTHS''.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2017
badinfluence:

How can you be totally disappointed in a movie and still give it 6.9/10? .. Sigh.. Sometimes I feel opinions should be earned..

THAT'S MY POOR/AVERAGE RATING
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2017
SMUAG:

I FEEL MCU IS GRADUALLY LOSING ITS GRIPS ON MOVIE GOERS. MY THEATRE WITH A CAPACITY OF 200-250 HAD ONLY 20 (INCLUDING ME AND MY FRIEND) PERSONS IN IT FOR ITS FIRST WEEKEND SUNDAY. SAME THING WITH SPIDER-MAN: HC...
I DONT SEE RAGNAROK DOING #350 DOMESTICALLY BY THE TIME IT FINISHES IT RUN... THEIR LEGGY STAYING POWER IS DIMINISHING SLOWLY DOMESTICALLY, DESPITE THEIR POWERFUL ''WORD OF MOUTHS''.
LOL.
You are basing your opinion on the Nigerian market. SMH for you
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2017
Gmajor:

LOL.
You are basing your opinion on the Nigerian market. SMH for you
REALLY?!! DO YOUR MULTIPLIER AND SEE...
MCU HARDLY DO THE 3X MULTIPLIER THIS DAYS ANYMORE DESPITE THEIR GREAT ROTTEN TOMATO SCORE.... ALWAYS UNDER 3X MULTIPLIER CURRENTLY....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
SMUAG:

Oga linus.. Easy na
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
SMUAG:

THAT'S MY POOR/AVERAGE RATING
Abegii..

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.