Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1238285 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2017
Shittaakeem:

Bro have you seen the purnisher
NOPE I haven't
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
Just watched Jleague, story felt a bit rushed- straight to the point, no dilly dalling around. Stephenwolf looked good to me until the final battle (superman did a number on him). And superman finally looked liked a beacon of hope he was meant to be. Overall enjoyable- resurrection part was hands down the best scene in the movie. I wish some scenes weren't cut from the final version. 7.5/10 for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Some info on deleted and changed scenes from Justice League. Some of the scenes were very cool:

Check this out. This dude on DCEU leaks reddiit posted this about other deleted scenes:

LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

DELETED: Barry Allen visits the library because he knows that Iris West is there. He tries to talk to her but fumbles and blushes. He mentions that "he might go and see his Dad today". Iris likes his awkwardness but doesn't think he's all that special. We see Barry breaking the window with his finger to kind-of impress Iris (our FIRST look at his powers). When everyone and Iris are surprised at this window breaking, Barry just says "weak glass" and walks out.

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually "talks" to the Box. His mother, Heggra's essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers - finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his younger brother - Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers - "No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother."

DELETED - Cyborg's previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car - causing a fiery crash.

LONGER - The Gordon scene had a little setup that I didn't see in the theatrical version. Gordon dismisses a Junkie and tells him to "get better at life" before another cop comes to him with drawings of Parademons. His conversation with the League also ran longer. First, he asks Wonder Woman "if she's the same woman he keeps seeing reports of in London". Then, he asks Cyborg "how does he eat? Does he even need to?".

DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she "doesn't trust Orm". Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a "nightmare" he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and "that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too."

CHANGED: Superman's resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

DELETED: Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. They part ways because the cops are hot on their trail - deciding to meet up later at "the location they discussed".

DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what's happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that "the voices won't shut up". Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused - his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the "Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me" speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about "embracing who you really are". He tells Clark that "you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad." Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn't strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That's how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

DELETED: Steppenwolf's second conversation with Heggra. Now that he has all three Mother Boxes - her return to this world can begin.

CHANGED: Bruce's conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce's shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says "he deserves to die because of what he's done. He's killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that". Diana tells him that "he's changed now" but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

CHANGED: Bruce's Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won't do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

ALTERNATE ENDING WE WERE SHOWN: Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes while Heggra keeps trying to talk him away. Furious, Steppenwolf grabs him and rips him apart - essentially killing him.

CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman's vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to "meet the Kryptonian".

DELETED: Aquaman meets Mera off the village coast and agrees to come back. Barry steps into the library, Iris smiles at him cutely.

DELETED: Bruce and Barry place Victor's "body" in the Batcave. Bruce comments that "his organic tissue is dead but it may be possible to reignite his mechanical parts". Barry promises to help however he can.

DELETED: Lois introduces Perry White to "Clark Kent a.k.a Superman".

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
It was said that Zack Snyder hasn't watched Justice League as at when it was released. It would seem that WB cut him out of the loop and replaced his vision with Whedon's. Anyway, it seems WB never learnt their lessons after super-editing Suicide Squad and BVS. I guess the lower opening weekend returns will teach them a good lesson at least! Justice league only made $96 million this weekend, even lower than Wonder Woman's opening weekend.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
TonySpike:
Some info on deleted and changed scenes from Justice League. Some of the scenes were very cool:
Check this out. This dude on DCEU leaks reddiit posted this about other deleted scenes:

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue,
DELETED - Cyborg's previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car - causing a fiery crash.
How could WB and whedon do this to us? I guess agent whed0n finally succeeded in his mission sent by his handler kevin feige, lols

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
TonySpike:
It was said that Zack Snyder hasn't watched Justice League as at when it was released. It would seem that WB cut him out of the loop and replaced his vision with Whedon's. Anyway, it seems WB never learnt their lessons after super-editing Suicide Squad and BVS. I guess the lower opening weekend returns will teach them a good lesson at least! Justice league only made $96 million this weekend, even lower than Wonder Woman's opening weekend.
good. Isn't it m0ney they want? M0ney they shall get. Thank God they sent zack free fr0m his slavery to them.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 8:57am On Nov 20, 2017
TonySpike:

LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

DELETED: Barry Allen visits the library because he knows that Iris West is there. He tries to talk to her but fumbles and blushes. He mentions that "he might go and see his Dad today". Iris likes his awkwardness but doesn't think he's all that special. We see Barry breaking the window with his finger to kind-of impress Iris (our FIRST look at his powers). When everyone and Iris are surprised at this window breaking, Barry just says "weak glass" and walks out.

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually "talks" to the Box. His mother, Heggra's essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers - finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his younger brother - Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers - "No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother."

LONGER - The Gordon scene had a little setup that I didn't see in the theatrical version. Gordon dismisses a Junkie and tells him to "get better at life" before another cop comes to him with drawings of Parademons. His conversation with the League also ran longer. First, he asks Wonder Woman "if she's the same woman he keeps seeing reports of in London". Then, he asks Cyborg "how does he eat? Does he even need to?".

DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she "doesn't trust Orm". Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a "nightmare" he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and "that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too."

CHANGED: Superman's resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

DELETED: Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. They part ways because the cops are hot on their trail - deciding to meet up later at "the location they discussed".

DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what's happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that "the voices won't shut up". Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused - his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the "Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me" speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about "embracing who you really are". He tells Clark that "you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad." Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn't strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That's how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

DELETED: Steppenwolf's second conversation with Heggra. Now that he has all three Mother Boxes - her return to this world can begin.

CHANGED: Bruce's conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce's shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says "he deserves to die because of what he's done. He's killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that". Diana tells him that "he's changed now" but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

CHANGED: Bruce's Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won't do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

ALTERNATE ENDING WE WERE SHOWN: Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes while Heggra keeps trying to talk him away. Furious, Steppenwolf grabs him and rips him apart - essentially killing him.

CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman's vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to "meet the Kryptonian".

DELETED: Aquaman meets Mera off the village coast and agrees to come back. Barry steps into the library, Iris smiles at him cutely.

DELETED: Bruce and Barry place Victor's "body" in the Batcave. Bruce comments that "his organic tissue is dead but it may be possible to reignite his mechanical parts". Barry promises to help however he can.

DELETED: Lois introduces Perry White to "Clark Kent a.k.a Superman".

This is really wicked from WB.... i just pray this version would one day be released

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2017
AmuEwu:

This is really wicked from WB.... i just pray this version would one day be released
do u still think its snyder's fault again? Lols. Half of his work was cut just like in bvs and he was dumped by wb like a trash can.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
DESPITE SOME MAJOR PART OF JL BEING CUT OFF I STILL DON'T THINK THE MOVIE WAS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BAD... IN FACT THE VISUAL STUNTS WERE ALL ZACK SNYDER-LIKE, JUST THAT CRITICS AND COs LOVE TO NITPICK WHEN IT COMES TO DCEU'S MOVIES...

THEY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE FAST PACE, YET THEY QUIETLY EMBRACED THE "ALL-OF-A-SUDDEN" RE-APPEARANCES OF THOR AND HULK WITHOUT BOTHERING TO KNOW WHERE THEY WERE ALL THOSE WHILE. SHOULD I EVEN NEED TO TALK ABOUT HOW HULK BECAME SO INFLUENT WITH ENGLISH! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED HULK WAS JUST A RAGING MONSTER WHO KEPT YELLING AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE. ALSO, HOW THOR WAS TRAPPED AT THE BEGINNING OF THOR: RAGNAROK WITHOUT ANY STORY (SCENES) TO BACK WHAT OUGHT TO HAD TRANSPIRED BEFORE HAND.

JL WAS A FAST PACE ONE WHICH IN TURN HAMPERS SOME OF ITS NARRATIVES BUT, OVERALL, I DON'T THINK THE WORD "BAD" SHOULD BE USED ON JL AT ALL. FOR JL TO BE ROTTEN SHOWS HOW WICKED AND SENTIMENTAL THOSE CRITICS ARE.... I DON'T EVEN THINK MARVEL FANS WOULD EVER AGREED/THINK THAT ALL MCU'S MOVIES WERE BETTER THAN JL.

I LAUGHED WHEN I SEE CRITICS CALLING STEPPANWOLF THE WEAKEST VILLIAN LOL!!! A VILLIAN THAT STOOD ITS GROUND AGAINST JL FROM THE BEGINNING TILL SUPES SHOWED UP, AND WE SHOULDN'T FORGET THAT HE ALSO DEFEATED MOST OF THE AMAZONIANS BEFORE BOOM TUBING AWAY WITH THE MOTHER-BOX. AND IF CRITICS THINK STEPPANWOLF CGI WAS BAD THEN WHAT WOULD ONE THINKS OF KORG'S OWN? #CRITICSAREBIAS#
FOR ME, JL = 8.5/10

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
SMUAG:

DESPITE SOME MAJOR PART OF JL BEING CUT OFF I STILL DON'T THINK THE MOVIE WAS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BAD... IN FACT THE VISUAL STUNTS WERE ALL ZACK SNYDER-LIKE, JUST THAT CRITICS AND COs LOVE TO NITPICK WHEN IT COMES TO DCEU'S MOVIES...

THEY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE FAST PACE, YET THEY QUIETLY EMBRACED THE "ALL-OF-A-SUDDEN" RE-APPEARANCES OF THOR AND HULK WITHOUT BOTHERING TO KNOW WHERE THEY WERE ALL THOSE WHILE. SHOULD I EVEN NEED TO TALK ABOUT HOW HULK BECAME SO INFLUENT WITH ENGLISH! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED HULK WAS JUST A RAGING MONSTER WHO KEPT YELLING AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE. ALSO, HOW THOR WAS TRAPPED AT THE BEGINNING OF THOR: RAGNAROK WITHOUT ANY STORY (SCENES) TO BACK WHAT OUGHT TO HAD TRANSPIRED BEFORE HAND.

JL WAS A FAST PACE ONE WHICH IN TURN HAMPERS SOME OF ITS NARRATIVES BUT, OVERALL, I DON'T THINK THE WORD "BAD" SHOULD BE USED ON JL AT ALL. FOR JL TO BE ROTTEN SHOWS HOW WICKED AND SENTIMENTAL THOSE CRITICS ARE.... I DON'T EVEN THINK MARVEL FANS WOULD EVER AGREED/THINK THAT ALL MCU'S MOVIES WERE BETTER THAN JL.

I LAUGHED WHEN I SEE CRITICS CALLING STEPPANWOLF THE WEAKEST VILLIAN LOL!!! A VILLIAN THAT STOOD ITS GROUND AGAINST JL FROM THE BEGINNING TILL SUPES SHOWED UP, AND WE SHOULDN'T FORGET THAT HE ALSO DEFEATED MOST OF THE AMAZONIANS BEFORE BOOM TUBING AWAY WITH THE MOTHER-BOX. AND IF CRITICS THINK STEPPANWOLF CGI WAS BAD THEN WHAT WOULD ONE THINKS OF KORG'S OWN? #CRITICSAREBIAS#
FOR ME, JL = 8.5/10

Do you know that some backstories of Stepphenwolf's motivation were cut off for no reason because of WB? This might have furthermore helped watered-down his motivations. I am very sad that more than 40% of Snyder's scenes were deleted when many of these scenes could have further explained each character's motivation. What I don't understand is how they claimed WB and Geoff John "course-corrected" Wonder Woman perfectly but failed at "course correcting" Justice League in the same guise. Could it be that Wonder Woman did little or no reshoots? If that is so, then Geoff John really didn't really course correct WW as being rumored. This simply means that WB and Geoff John wanted to capitalise on WW's success by totally changing parts of the second act and the entire third act causing an apologetic mish-mash of creative tones. I want to believe that the script written by Chris Terrio was sufficient in itself until WB came to spoil the everything by cutting out important scenes and slotting in Joss Whedon's.

I will try to watch the movie this week or sometime next week, until then, I will reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Someone125(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
SMUAG:

FOR ME, JL = 8.5/10
Steppenwolf is the best DCEU villain after Zod
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
TonySpike:

Do you know that some backstories of Stepphenwolf's motivation were cut off for no reason because of WB? This might have furthermore helped watered-down his motivations. I am very sad that more than 40% of Snyder's scenes were deleted when many of these scenes could have further explained each character's motivation. What I don't understand is how they claimed WB and Geoff John "course-corrected" Wonder Woman perfectly but failed at "course correcting" Justice League in the same guise. Could it be that Wonder Woman did little or no reshoots? If that is so, then Geoff John really didn't really course correct WW as being rumored. This simply means that WB and Geoff John wanted to capitalise on WW's success by totally changing parts of the second act and the entire third act causing an apologetic mish-mash of creative tones. I want to believe that the script written by Chris Terrio was sufficient in itself until WB came to spoil the everything by cutting out important scenes and slotting in Joss Whedon's.

I will try to watch the movie this week or sometime next week, until then, I will reserve my comments.

YEAH. THEY MAY HAVE GOT JL WRONG, BUT NEVER THE LESS, IT WASN'T IN ANY FORM A BAD MOVIE.... I QUITE ENJOYED IT!
MOVIES LIKE AoU, THOR3 AND EVEN SM:HC SUFFERED PACING AND NARRATIVE ISSUES YET THEY WERE ALL SCORED FRESH.... I CAN AUTHORITATIVELY SAY THAT JL IS BETTER THAN AoU.
JUST SEE IT YOURSELF AND BE A JUDGE.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Someone125:
Steppenwolf is the best DCEU villain after Zod

STEPPENWOLF WAS A BADASS VILLAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the movie's score, not bad tho. Stephenwolf to me was better than Doomsday, He was quite the villian until Superman stepped in- Again Supes was rushed into the final battle with no background story telling the viewer (the trailer showing Alfred talking to someone was cut out). Stephenwolf's best scene was his intro scene into Amazonian island. He still was better than most marvel villians I've watched. Wonder Woman was kinda projected to be the leader here(a feeling I'm guessing the directors did having seen the success of her stand alone movie in order to entice viewers, hence the reshoots). In the end, I think it affected Batman who to me was off amongst them all. There was no real special thing Bat did, (warehouse scene from bvs comes to mind.)
In all, the movie was light humour and so was enjoyable. Still I think an extra 30 mins would've made it even better. Anyone else thinks Stephenwolf was straight lifted from a videogame?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
SMUAG:

STEPPENWOLF WAS A BADASS VILLAIN!!!
Yea, he was. I liked his menacing voice. I don't why people are saying he sucked all cos Supes who finally showed his power after 3 movies did what we all expected him to do.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
I like this version of Flash compared to the TV show. Gustin is good but Ezra stole it for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
charlesm91:
I wasn't a fan of the movie's score, not bad tho. Stephenwolf to me was better than Doomsday, He was quite the villian until Superman stepped in- Again Supes was rushed into the final battle with no background story telling the viewer (the trailer showing Alfred talking to someone was cut out). Stephenwolf's best scene was his intro scene into Amazonian island. He still was better than most marvel villians I've watched. Wonder Woman was kinda projected to be the leader here(a feeling I'm guessing the directors did having seen the success of her stand alone movie in order to entice viewers, hence the reshoots). In the end, I think it affected Batman who to me was off amongst them all. There was no real special thing Bat did, (warehouse scene from bvs comes to mind.)
In all, the movie was light humour and so was enjoyable. Still I think an extra 30 mins would've made it even better. Anyone else thinks Stephenwolf was straight lifted from a videogame?

Doomsday was never a villain, he was just a plot point. In BVS, there were two villains: Batman and Lex Luthor.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
After watching the Justice League movie, I can boldly say that the movie is fun and entertaining. There is nothing remotely dull or bad about this movie. Although it feels rushed at a time, and some scenes dont connect well, but the story is coherent and straight forward. This movie clearly did not deserve the bashing it got from critics at all, BvS I can understand but not this one. Even if WB had included some of those deleted scenes, I still believe critics would still hate on this movie. To me, I believe if WB released a solo movie for Aquaman, Flash and introduced Cyborg earlier on at least before giving us Justice league, it would have solved the talk of it being rushed and it would have been an even more superb movie. But above all its still okay based on what we have now...For me its 7/10

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
TonySpike:

Doomsday was never a villain, he was just a plot point. In BVS, there were two villains: Batman and Lex Luthor.
lipsrsealed shocked
This is one of the many problems of BVS. It had way too many villains.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
Gmajor:
lipsrsealed shocked

The way I understand BVS is this, the first and second acts had Batman as the primary villain and the third act had Lex Luthor was revealed as the actual villain. Doomsday was just a plotpoint Lex Luthor used to achieve his ambition.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gmajor:
lipsrsealed shocked
am guessin captain america the winter soldier didn't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Justice League was dope. The famous shirt rip scene. The villain was okay bt n0t bad like its being made out to be. Bad is what whiplash was in ir0n man 2 bt then, that m0vie got a higher rating. There are faults in it like in every m0vie but n0t the way critics make it out to be. Aquaman was funny, that lasso scene had me laughing. And, diana punched Bruce.
JL 8/10.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Minemrys:

am guessin captain america the winter soldier didn't.
How many villains did it have?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gmajor:
How many villains did it have?
go see the film 1st.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by barackodam: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
charlesm91:
I like this version of Flash compared to the TV show. Gustin is good but Ezra stole it for me.

Ezra was very good, but still, I prefer Grant Gustin.

I know, it's our different opinions
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by barackodam: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
charlesm91:

yes, I quite agree, asides from Barry, Bruce was the most off character.

Yeah, Stepenwolf at Themyschira, I loved it. But then, I love the character at which the Amazonians defended the mother boxes, they did everything possible, throwing it to one another and dying for it too. Stepenwolf was just too strong for them.

The cut scenes did really affect the movie, anyone who watched it would admit. Too many scenes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Minemrys:
Justice League was dope. The famous shirt rip scene. The villain was okay bt n0t bad like its being made out to be. Bad is what whiplash was in ir0n man 2 bt then, that m0vie got a higher rating. There are faults in it like in every m0vie but n0t the way critics make it out to be. Aquaman was funny, that lasso scene had me laughing. And, diana punched Bruce.
JL 8/10.
If you commend the movie without making an attempt at comparison, will you fall ill?

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 12:13am On Nov 22, 2017
badinfluence:

If you commend the movie without making an attempt at comparison, will you fall ill?

Envy/Jealousy Bro

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2017
WHEN IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THIS WAY.....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
badinfluence:

if critics reviewed DC films without making references to Marvel films, will they fall ill?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Minemrys:

if critics reviewed DC films without making references to Marvel films, will they fall ill?
Lately, you've been coming across as an envious fellow.. Hope it's paying off for you..

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Shittaakeem:

Envy/Jealousy Bro

jealous of ir0n man 2 villain? Why would i be jealous? Its a m0vie man n0t like my life depends on it or anything. I aint being paid self so why would i envy any c0mpany? What i pointed out in my short review is the level of critical backlash facing DC films by critics whereas other films are given the soft spot. Look at the ghostbusters female film, whiplash in ir0n man 2 and tell me those films deserve the level of praise they got. They make these films lo0k like they are disasters when there are s0me that are outrightly bad but given a pass. Drop this marvel/dc thingy, do u think steppenwolf or jl deserved the bashing it got?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.