Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241793 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
sad hmmm for some reason I'm not really surprised that justice league sucked
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
badinfluence:

Lately, you've been coming across as an envious fellow.. Hope it's paying off for you..
seriously i d0n't understand what u guys mean by envy. Is it envy if u point out the bias critics have against s0me products when reviewing it? If it was, then i guess envy made martin luther or malcolm x fight for blacks' rights in america. These critics favor s0me products bt if other products produce s0mething different, they bash it and wish they made it like the favoured product. And if they did the exact thing, they trash it despite having praised the former for same fault. These are c0mm0n tropes that need to be pointed out so people will kn0w their view is what matterz instead of the views of opini0n leaderz. Envy is when i start hating the avengers or a product cos of the m0ney it makes. Am n0t envious, and bro drop this marvel/dc thingy, i d0n't do such. You needn't reply me when i gave my review of JL, rather u drop ur alternative opini0n of it. I stated mine, u weren't forced to accept it.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
Minemrys:

seriously i d0n't understand what u guys mean by envy. Is it envy if u point out the bias critics have against s0me products when reviewing it? If it was, then i guess envy made martin luther or malcolm x fight for blacks' rights in america. These critics favor s0me products bt if other products produce s0mething different, they bash it and wish they made it like the favoured product. And if they did the exact thing, they trash it despite having praised the former for same fault. These are c0mm0n tropes that need to be pointed out so people will kn0w their view is what matterz instead of the views of opini0n leaderz. Envy is when i start hating the avengers or a product cos of the m0ney it makes. Am n0t envious, and bro drop this marvel/dc thingy, i d0n't do such. You needn't reply me when i gave my review of JL, rather u drop ur alternative opini0n of it. I stated mine, u weren't forced to accept it.
Wow.. You compared your conspiracy theory to the beliefs of martin luther and Malcolm x.. Just wow
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
badinfluence:

Wow.. You compared your conspiracy theory to the beliefs of martin luther and Malcolm x.. Just wow
you kn0w, i'd appreciate it if u didn't reply me again.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
This was the smiling and hopeful Superman y'all wanted.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
-double post-
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
TonySpike:
This was the smiling and hopeful Superman y'all wanted.
lol. Aside the cgi mustache thingy, i really enjoyed Henry cavill's portrayal of supes in JL. He smiled when situati0n called for it. I guess any0ne would be happy waking up to meet his hot girlfriend by his side after m0nths of been away or dead. The thought of even going back to bang her after the stress would make any0ne happy. If i was supes, and my 1st sight after rising fr0m the dead with n0 weight on my shoulderz was Lois Lane, i'd be happy. Supes indeed had reas0ns to be happy in JL unlike what people wanted in MOS and BvS with0ut caring if the story called for it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Looks like WB is dumping Joss Whedon following rum0rs he w0n't be directing batgirl. Seriously, do we need a batgirl film? Sorry to the feminists in the house [am also a feminist] but we d0n't need one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by RinzyReviews: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2017
charlesm91:
Just watched Jleague, story felt a bit rushed- straight to the point, no dilly dalling around. Stephenwolf looked good to me until the final battle (superman did a number on him). And superman finally looked liked a beacon of hope he was meant to be. Overall enjoyable- resurrection part was hands down the best scene in the movie. I wish some scenes weren't cut from the final version. 7.5/10 for me.

I concur. The resurrection and subsequent fight scenes between the League was awesome.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
I read somewhere that fans are demanding for Zach Synder's extended cut for Justice league. Humans are so funny and insatiable. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
toluxe0075:
I read somewhere that fans are demanding for Zach Synder's extended cut for Justice league. Humans are so funny and insatiable. grin

Here's the tweet for the petition sef
https://twitter.com/realsnyderos/status/932541298145292290
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
toluxe0075:

Critics: DC films are too slow, dark and depressive, no one wants to watch them.

Enters WB: We'll make it lighter and humorous

Critics: Justice league is flawed fun. Tries to be funny but not as funny as Thor Ragnarok.

WB: What exactly do you guys want?

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Lh19:

Here's the tweet for the petition sef
https://twitter.com/realsnyderos/status/932541298145292290

Synder certainly has more fans than assumed. Someone wrote that WB course-corrected DCEU at the expense of their actual fan base and got an opening weekend financial turd. The real hard core DCEU fans go for multiple viewings at the cinema and are now asking for the full movie in protest.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
TonySpike:

Synder certainly has more fans than assumed. Someone wrote that WB course-corrected DCEU at the expense of their actual fan base and got an opening weekend financial turd. The real hard core DCEU fans go for multiple viewings at the cinema and are now asking for the full movie in protest.

About 99,000 fans have signed the petition the last time I checked, as for Warner Bros they don't really care what the fans want they just wanted to appease the critics and make money not thinking it would backfire
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Just saw JL and the movie was great. Steppenwolf bossed it and he was easily beaten because obviously he didn't have the backing of the entire apokolips and Darkseid. Superman's battle with the Justice League squad was mad, if not for Louis he would have killed them all. Amazing he could catch up with flash, his relationship with flash best part of the movie. Overall I'll give it 8/10.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
Minemrys:

jealous of ir0n man 2 villain? Why would i be jealous? Its a m0vie man n0t like my life depends on it or anything. I aint being paid self so why would i envy any c0mpany? What i pointed out in my short review is the level of critical backlash facing DC films by critics whereas other films are given the soft spot. Look at the ghostbusters female film, whiplash in ir0n man 2 and tell me those films deserve the level of praise they got. They make these films lo0k like they are disasters when there are s0me that are outrightly bad but given a pass. Drop this marvel/dc thingy, do u think steppenwolf or jl deserved the bashing it got?
it didn't steppenwolf was a good villain and fit for uniting the league, critics just have it out for Snyder

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2017
TonySpike:

Critics: DC films are too slow, dark and depressive, no one wants to watch them.

Enters WB: We'll make it lighter and humorous

Critics: Justice league is flawed fun. Tries to be funny but not as funny as Thor Ragnarok.

WB: What exactly do you guys want?

DC just need to decide on what side they want to stick to, either to the critics or vision of their directors. But, I'm sure if they keep up with their vision, critics will one day succumb to it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2017
toluxe0075:

DC just need to decide on what side they want to stick to, either to the critics or vision of their directors. But, I'm sure if they keep up with their vision, critics will one day succumb to it.
you see, thats the secret abt life. When u do things solely to please people, they'd rather end up c0ndemning u.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Minemrys:

you see, thats the secret abt life. When u do things solely to please people, they'd rather end up c0ndemning u.

You CANNOT please everybody. That is the true secret of life.
There will always be haters and lovers. In real life, there are just two colours: Black and White.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
If you know you know

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
TonySpike:

There will always be haters and lovers. In real life, there are just two colours: Black and White.

Then the stupid WB thinks it's wise to please the haters at the expense of offending the lovers.
capitalize on what the lovers love about the movie and make better not what the haters hate. simple rule of life

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
TonySpike:

its best doing whats to ur passion, joy and satisfaction, and with excellence than try to please s0me0ne. S0me0ne with ur point of view would appreciate ur efforts
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Posman:

Then the stupid WB thinks it's wise to please the haters at the expense of offending the lovers.
capitalize on what the lovers love about the movie and make better not what the haters hate. simple rule of life

Honestly, I am shocked that an old and well-established movie organisation like Warner Bros can fail this simple test. All they care about is money, money and money! They fail to realise that branding a product takes a lot of time, resources and pain.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 3:00am On Nov 25, 2017
this movie tanking so hard...
Justice League has the lowest domestic opening weekend of the entire DCEU, and the lowest domestic opening weekend of any live-action superhero movie..
$300m spent making this movie.
will be lucky if it makes $1bn.
marvel truly are the kings of box offices...Thor ragnarok has already made close to $800m against a budget of 180m...
I can't imagine how much infinity war will make...I'm predicting close to $2b.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:57am On Nov 25, 2017
TonySpike:

Honestly, I am shocked that an old and well-established movie organisation like Warner Bros can fail this simple test. All they care about is money, money and money! They fail to realise that branding a product takes a lot of time, resources and pain.
s0me say its cos of wb's new ceo kevin tsujihara. Who kn0ws?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Justice league is looking like a movie that's about to blow up at the box office. I firmly believe that more than 300 million was spent on production, yet look at how it's struggling. Even batman vs superman made more money in its first weekend than justice league has made so far. .

Right now the 1billion target is really far fetched

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2017
I seriously can't understand what is wrong with the justice league movie. DC has a lot of fans whom I thought will lap up the justice league movie but the reverse is the case.
It seems like people judged the movie harshly even before seeing it.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by chrisooblog: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone not a regular poster here but just watched justice league today don't get all the negativity about it. It was a fun, super hero movie. Supes portrayal was good, same for bats, WW and the rest. If you watch the film without any bias it's truly enjoyable.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I f@cking loved justice league, what's it what I wanted, no, could it have been better, maybe, am I going to see again, f@ck yeah,(I missed all the easter eggs), for all the critics who said it wasn't good,f@ck you all. All that being said I think steppenwolf could have been given more scenes even if it would have made the movie 3hrs long

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:10am On Nov 27, 2017
dhex:
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I f@cking loved justice league, what's it what I wanted, no, could it have been better, maybe, am I going to see again, f@ck yeah,(I missed all the easter eggs), for all the critics who said it wasn't good,f@ck you all. All that being said I think steppenwolf could have been given more scenes even if it would have made the movie 3hrs long

Stepphenwolf actually had more scenes but these were cut to accommodate the movie time. Thanks to WB.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2017
"JUST THE ACTUAL REALITY FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS BETTER"

You know, there comes a time in life where you believe something great is going to happen, you are so sure of it, and then when it comes around you get entirely dismayed and disappointed. This is one of of those times for dc and warner bros. (and the third time in two years). Justice league was supposed to be their ultimate movie of the year, the movie everyone would remember and the movie, most importantly, that would bring in the big bucks. Nothing could stop it, nothing was powerful enough to block the dream, nothing, except of course, rotten tomatoes (…and kevin tsujihara, that meddling motherfucker). Rotten tomatoes to warner bros. is like your 3-year old step-son, that thing you own only 30% of, and yet can mess really shitty with your work, and it doesn’t help the fact that rotten tomatoes was going to show the rating of their big film in the midnight of the day that big film was going to premiere through a facebook show no one needed in an effort to rake in viewers, something they did with even a Bad Mom’s Christmas, and yet did nothing when speculations were running around saying it was Warner bros.’s doing to delay the ratings of justice league, which not only tarnished the image of warner bros., but also the image of justice league after the ratings came out.

Rotten tomatoes’ influence is something no one should ignore. While it is only a platform for opinions expressed by critics, many people see it as a legit platform used to actually rate if movies are good or bad. RT itself knows this very well, and while some reports say RT doesn’t affect a movie’s box office reciepts, we know that’s not entirely true. Batman vs superman was a movie poised to make a billion in box office, surely we all know that it was RT that made it not to, and then look at justice league, 93.8 mill domestically and 185 mill foreign, the movie had the lowest opening weekend of a DCEU movie, and I am pretty sure it wasn’t because of danny elfman’s soundtrack that it made that low (not entirely sure but 80% sure, that’s solid, right?). Now most may say 93.8 mill is much, they would be right, but they forget that Justice league is not only a superhero movie ( a genre that is already too big to fail), but it is an ensemble of the most iconic superheroes, avengers made 200 mill domestically, you see the difference.CA22

Now RT screwed justice league big time with all their shenanigans and made it worse when they rated justice league at 46%( it is now at 37%, mind you). But that wasn’t the end, as if they were waiting, many critic blogs, after the rating’s release, came out bashing the movie, saying it was ridiculous, CGI was terrible, acting was terrible, gal gadot couldn’t save it and shit like that. Before the rating was released, however, many blogs said all it had were CGI, narration and villain problems and it was overall a good film to watch, before RT it’s IMDb ratings was 8.5/10, after RT, it dropped to 7.9/10 and is now currently at 7.4/10 (mind you, wonder woman has a 7.6/10, so does logan and they both have 92% rating on RT, which makes you wonder how justice league was given a 46% rating and only for that number to drop) which shows you how much influence RT has not only on audiences but also critics. RT knows about this influence, and they just don’t know about it, they outright exploit it. I watched the see it/skip it show, and as a critic platform, instead of them to talk about the good and bad sides of a movie and say it’s overall stance, they emphasized ( and exaggerated) only on the bad side of Justice league, even accusing the film of sexualising wonder woman because it showed a scene of her butt ( a scene, mind you about her quacking a man behind her, which inevitably means they will have to show her butt, but i guess that’s offensive to Jacqueline, segun and RT) and marvel shows butt scenes of superheroines all the time, but i guess that’s a no problem for them. For those thinking disney and marvel are behind, they are not, they have nothing to loose if dc has great movies, it’s all RT’s intention to exert their influence and unfortunately for warner bros. ( partly because they didn’t do it right and early the first time), the DCEU has been chosen as a scapegoat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2017
chrisooblog:
Hi everyone not a regular poster here but just watched justice league today don't get all the negativity about it. It was a fun, super hero movie. Supes portrayal was good, same for bats, WW and the rest. If you watch the film without any bias it's truly enjoyable.
Character development for Stephenwolf was poor; his motivations for stealing the mother boxes wasn't fully explored and so I didn't feel like the world was at stake. The resurrection of Superman in justice league totally negates the scene in BvS at his funeral where the sands were levitating on the coffin- I wished they referenced it when the mother box was used on him. The movie was enjoyable no doubt but it could've been better with a longer runtime.
P.s feminists aren't dealing too well with wonder woman having a hard time with superman. I mean he's superman for f**ks sake, and that's just a glimpse of his overpowered nature if he were to go dark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.