Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1242165 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2017
charlesm91:

Character development for Stephenwolf was poor; his motivations for stealing the mother boxes wasn't fully explored and so I didn't feel like the world was at stake. The resurrection of Superman in justice league totally negates the scene in BvS at his funeral where the sands were levitating on the coffin- I wished they referenced it when the mother box was used on him. The movie was enjoyable no doubt but it could've been better with a longer runtime.
P.s feminists aren't dealing too well with wonder woman having a hard time with superman. I mean he's superman for f**ks sake, and that's just a glimpse of his overpowered nature if he were to go dark.

I really think the newer second and third act narratives handled by Joss Whedon was too knee-jerked and failed to rationalise the previous stories from BVS, MOS and Wonder Woman. In the previous narrative by Chris Terrio, everything was actually more explained: Stepphenwolf had other motivations and plans for the motherboxes: He wanted to please Darkseid and get back his place in apokalips by recapturing the earth and making the earth's populations parademons. He also had a connection to the Motherboxes in that his mother was trapped within or something like that. Even Superman's resurrection was much more different and well-thought out in Terrio's narrative. Infact, the theme of Terrio and Snyder's narrative was to overtly explore the mythological concepts of Old Gods, New Gods and Metahumans in the DCEU. The last minute attempts by WB, Whedon and Geoff attempt to "marvelise" Justice League muddled up the original straight-forward narrative and created plotholes where there should have been none. This is exactly what happened to Suicide Squad and BVS. In this theatrical version, Joss Whedon shot at least 40% of the movie because run time was reduced to 2 hours. Blame WB, bro!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by chrisooblog: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
yes i agree that stepphonwolf's character could have been further explored plus yes his motivations are your standard super villain template '' i want to take over the world just because'' how are his motivations any different from ultron, red skull? not by much but the latter's movies were praised no unnecessary nitpicking about how bad the villain was or not.

about the resurrection part remember supes body is a living battery absorbing all that solar power already started a regeneration process all be it at a slower pace. the mother box just sped the process up. even in the comics when he died he was revived in a special chamber. my take would be the levitating sand indicated the regeneration and repair of his bodily cells had begun. with time and more exposure to solar rays he would eventually come back to life but the extreme trauma he suffered from his death just made that healing process much slower

in all as an introduction to the team justice league i think the film did ok. hopefully if they decide to do a sequel the stakes would be significantly raised when they face darksied

charlesm91:

Character development for Stephenwolf was poor; his motivations for stealing the mother boxes wasn't fully explored and so I didn't feel like the world was at stake. The resurrection of Superman in justice league totally negates the scene in BvS at his funeral where the sands were levitating on the coffin- I wished they referenced it when the mother box was used on him. The movie was enjoyable no doubt but it could've been better with a longer runtime.
P.s feminists aren't dealing too well with wonder woman having a hard time with superman. I mean he's superman for f**ks sake, and that's just a glimpse of his overpowered nature if he were to go dark.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
Saw JL yesterday.

They scrapped promising goosebumps scenes and at some point I got vexed with the cuts as it made the movie rushed.

I’m glad they made a GreenLantern visual reference.

I wish the ending could have been longer and darker.

6.5/10.
MOS>JL>BvS smiley

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afobear:
INFINITY WAR TRAILER DROPPED!

and already it is better than the entire JUstice league movie
Pls bro pls don't bring the war to nairaland pls
I beg u pls
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2017
Marvel already kicked DC with Infinity war people ...sorry DCnites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2017
Afobear:
Marvel already kicked DC with Infinity war people ...sorry DCnites
Ok

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
I saw Justice league today before I saw ragnarok. Definitely better than bvs but felt rushed and poorly edited(WB no go kill person), a few scenes that we saw in the trailers were surprisingly cut out and the storyline was average. I loved the fight scenes(na wetin most naija people dey look forward to in a movie like this). Barry was funny and fun to watch and oh we finally got the strong, powerful and agile superman that we craved for, he flawlessly owned the justice league and steffenwolf("is this guy still bothering you?" superman punches him). I no say feminists no go like how wonder woman was ass whooped by superman and steffenwolf but she really did not stand a chance. Batman again felt out of place, just like in the fight against doomsday in bvs(he was b*tch slapped by literally everyone in this movie).

When superman saw Batman again, I was thinking "just say Martha and he will get his senses back" grin grin

And why was Amy Adams calling superman Clark in front of the police? sad

And who does cgi for DC movies?, steffenwolf's cgi was Meh, just like doomsday and ares. Overall 6/10 for me.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
I hear Justice League might not out-gross Man of Steel...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
So I was able to watch JL on Saturday. Had to choose btw JL and Thor but that's hardly a choice. Thor is for downloading (meaning I haven't seen it yet), besides they've made enough money. I watched JL and I enjoyed it but... I wanted mooooooooooore.

First of all the CGI is terrible. Compared to a movie like Avatar in 2009 (I think) and visual splendors like Dr. Strange, Justice League is nothing close. The technology is there to make the CGI better than what I saw. On top of that, there were no standout fight scenes. Sure, Superman vs the JL was awesome but like I said before, it should have been mooooooore. There is nothing even remotely close to the warehouse scene from BvS. However one of my favorite scenes was the chase scene between Steppenwolf and the Amazonians. That bit took my breath away and showed Steppenwolf to be a legitimate threat. I wished that sequence was longer. Also, Flash was a major standout character for me. He brought the much needed levity into a potentially dour movie and plays socially awkward perfectly. Loved Cyborg... Wonder Woman was Wonder Woman. I especially loved when Superman levitated and gave her a destiny resetting headbutt to prove to her that a man is still a man. Cool stuff grin. Also loved the fact that Diana knew that Cyborg was trailing her and Bruce by the lake. It was such a brilliant touch to let us know that she is so aware of her environment. As far as we knew Bruce Wayne was none the wiser.

Worst character to me was Aquaman. Very useless and pointless. Felt like Jason Momoa was playing himself as Aquaman. I'm less hyped for the upcoming Aquaman project cos of this JL movie and have zero fvcks to give. I wasn't impressed by the underwater sequences. I am scared for the movie because Jason's portrayal of Aquaman doesn't inspire in the least. Superman came into his own in this movie. In fact, he used this movie to get revenge on Batman for whooping his as.s in BvS. Which brings me to Batman...

Why would they waste the goodwill Batman had garnered from BvS with this sh!tfest? Batman seemed tired in this movie, fatigued, worn out, out of place, like a grumpy grandpa that the rest of the team just had to indulge. In fact at one point he was literally trying to get himself killed. Why? The Batman I know has always been despondent but never to the point of stewpidly trying to commit suicide. I mean, what the actual fvck? He didn't inspire any confidence or display any mystique about himself. It would have made sense if some of them didn't even know his real identity yet due to the paranoid fvck that he is.

The reason why Batman is so overhyped is this: He is an ordinary human being who performs extraordinary feats through sheer force of will and ingenuity. Feed the hype too much and he seems unrealistic, inhuman and maybe even overpowered, take away the hype and you have a middle aged, washed out, rich man who barely poses any threat to the other members of the Justice League. You need to tread that fine line to give us the Batman we all know and love. In the cartoons, I'd believe a Batman stepping up to Jonn J'onnz in mortal combat. But in this movie? They would all crush him like an insect and it seems they all know it. Himself inclusive.

See when Diana punched Bruce and he fell backwards, Flash just told him: "You know if she kills you we are only gonna cover up for her right?"

That line was funny but it really pissed me off. You're talking to Batman for Pete's sake!

What of when Superman lifted Batman in the air and was about to kill him or whatever, then he saw Lois and just tossed Batman away to the ground like used sanitary pads? Omo e pain me o.

All in all sha it was a good movie, but not what I wanted from a Justice League movie. Justice League o!

Imagine Batman being all smiley and people friendly cry cry cry cry cry Why can't we get a Watchmen level of movie biko?

6/10 for me.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12am On Dec 05, 2017
waywardpikin:
So I was able to watch JL on Saturday. Had to choose btw JL and Thor but that's hardly a choice. Thor is for downloading (meaning I haven't seen it yet), besides they've made enough money. I watched JL and I enjoyed it but... I wanted mooooooooooore.

First of all the CGI is terrible. Compared to a movie like Avatar in 2009 (I think) and visual splendors like Dr. Strange, Justice League is nothing close. The technology is there to make the CGI better than what I saw. On top of that, there were no standout fight scenes. Sure, Superman vs the JL was awesome but like I said before, it should have been mooooooore. There is nothing even remotely close to the warehouse scene from BvS. However one of my favorite scenes was the chase scene between Steppenwolf and the Amazonians. That bit took my breath away and showed Steppenwolf to be a legitimate threat. I wished that sequence was longer. Also, Flash was a major standout character for me. He brought the much needed levity into a potentially dour movie and plays socially awkward perfectly. Loved Cyborg... Wonder Woman was Wonder Woman. I especially loved when Superman levitated and gave her a destiny resetting headbutt to prove to her that a man is still a man. Cool stuff grin. Also loved the fact that Diana knew that Cyborg was trailing her and Bruce by the lake. It was such a brilliant touch to let us know that she is so aware of her environment. As far as we knew Bruce Wayne was none the wiser.

Worst character to me was Aquaman. Very useless and pointless. Felt like Jason Momoa was playing himself as Aquaman. I'm less hyped for the upcoming Aquaman project cos of this JL movie and have zero fvcks to give. I wasn't impressed by the underwater sequences. I am scared for the movie because Jason's portrayal of Aquaman doesn't inspire in the least. Superman came into his own in this movie. In fact, he used this movie to get revenge on Batman for whooping his as.s in BvS. Which brings me to Batman...

Why would they waste the goodwill Batman had garnered from BvS with this sh!tfest? Batman seemed tired in this movie, fatigued, worn out, out of place, like a grumpy grandpa that the rest of the team just had to indulge. In fact at one point he was literally trying to get himself killed. Why? The Batman I know has always been despondent but never to the point of stewpidly trying to commit suicide. I mean, what the actual fvck? He didn't inspire any confidence or display any mystique about himself. It would have made sense if some of them didn't even know his real identity yet due to the paranoid fvck that he is.

The reason why Batman is so overhyped is this: He is an ordinary human being who performs extraordinary feats through sheer force of will and ingenuity. Feed the hype too much and he seems unrealistic, inhuman and maybe even overpowered, take away the hype and you have a middle aged, washed out, rich man who barely poses any threat to the other members of the Justice League. You need to tread that fine line to give us the Batman we all know and love. In the cartoons, I'd believe a Batman stepping up to Jonn J'onnz in mortal combat. But in this movie? They would all crush him like an insect and it seems they all know it. Himself inclusive.

See when Diana punched Bruce and he fell backwards, Flash just told him: "You know if she kills you we are only gonna cover up for her right?"

That line was funny but it really pissed me off. You're talking to Batman for Pete's sake!

What of when Superman lifted Batman in the air and was about to kill him or whatever, then he saw Lois and just tossed Batman away to the ground like used sanitary pads? Omo e pain me o.

All in all sha it was a good movie, but not what I wanted from a Justice League movie. Justice League o!

Imagine Batman being all smiley and people friendly cry cry cry cry cry Why can't we get a Watchmen level of movie biko?

6/10 for me.
Blame the critics. Blame BvS's B. O. Blame WB.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hmmmm na wa o justice league made less than 600mil? Maybe its when their movies start making 10 naira that they will know that dceu is a bad idea
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
forreelinc:
Hmmmm na wa o justice league made less than 600mil? Maybe its when their movies start making 10 naira that they will know that dceu is a bad idea

This is wrong info, dude. Justice League has made about $620 million already.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:04am On Dec 11, 2017
TonySpike:

i wonder why you replied the dude. DC just released a new slate, did you see it?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2017
this movie will be lucky to reach 800m....very poor so far
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
TonySpike:

wrong info it made $613.4million to be precise
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
kendrick9:
this movie will be lucky to reach 800m....very poor so far
no mind them they obviously enjoy losing money and respect

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2017
forreelinc:

wrong info it made $613.4million to be precise

Dude, do you have a problem with interpreting English?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
forreelinc:

Who cares about the box office money? WB doesn't pay me a dime for what I post here. Meanwhile, I am certain that Disney doesn't pay you for being a marveltard that you are right now.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
forreelinc:

WB you mean? Cos i don't see how i, tonyspike or any Dc fan has lost m0ney or respect. Yea, Disney is making a hell lot of m0ney, owns the hype and all and DC is loosing. Great! No other franchise to keep the other at its heels. Yea! Thats good. Marvel is winning, DC is loosing. Infinity war would be epic, justice league was disaster. Can we hear word n0w? Marvel w0n, okay?

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Congrats

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
waywardpikin:

6/10 for me.

I can assure you that most of the portrayals of Batman and Aquaman you saw in JL is the effect of WB reshoots undertaken by Whedon. Somehow Whedon succeeded in convincing WB that he could lighten up the dark version of Snyder, then we got new narratives for Cyborg, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash. They cut out large portions of the backstories for Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash and Stepphenwolf and then finally gave us an uneven movie with massive tonal schism. Warner Bros wanted to satisfy the larger audience to earn more cash by adding more one liner jokes in the reshoots. The saddest part of this saga is that much of the scenes in the trailers didn't make it into the current cinema version. Why would they even show a different movie as opposed to the advertised trailers? I hope they learn their lesson by the time the final box office tally comes out. I'm seeing an unfortunate upper bound of $700 as the final figure for JL.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
TonySpike:

Dude, do you have a problem with interpreting English?
Do have a problem interpreting mathematics?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
Minemrys:

WB you mean?
no o its you and tonyspike becos apparently you now lose money at the box office and lose respect of reviewers abi?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
forreelinc:

no o its you and tonyspike becos apparently you now lose money at the box office and lose respect of reviewers abi?

then i wonder why u brought that to the DCEU nairaland page rather than taking it up to WB. Or wait, perhaps nairaland is being owned by WB or this page was created by a WB exec. They lost m0ney, g0od but how does it c0ncern me? Am just a fan dude. You got s0me beef with DC or WB, they've got a facebook page. Hardly would you see me on the MCU nairaland page bashing marvel fans or disney. Dude, you're taking this fan thing to a whole different level. I might delete this thread s0on to put a stop to this so we have on the MCU nairaland page as a cinematic fandom on nairaland.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Anyone got that feeling Wonder Woman II is now gonna get bashed by critics when it c0mes out? I said it 1st.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Minemrys:

then i wonder why u brought that to the DCEU nairaland page rather than taking it up to WB.

ok DC fan how do I contact WB so I don't "disturb" y'all?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
forreelinc:

ok DC fan how do I contact WB so I don't "disturb" y'all?
Click on google home page, type in "how do I contact WB?"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
Minemrys:

Click on google home page, type in "how do I contact WB?"

ehen? if you aren't going to Help then why are you giving yourself headache over my posts
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Minemrys:
Anyone got that feeling Wonder Woman II is now gonna get bashed by critics when it c0mes out? I said it 1st.

Bad press, Disney critics everywhere... What else do you expect? I suspect that in the next ten years, Disney might just be the only surviving studio in Hollywood at this rate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dudes exhibiting pms as they're getting trolled.. Forreelinc dem for don burst your head if no be nairaland grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.