Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1236482 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Minemrys:

i prefer Gardner over Hal. To me Gardner is like Vin diesel in fast and furious. If it were the Hal portrayed in GL 2011 n0t the actor though i would've l0ved the character. Talking about richness in character, what makes you say so? They could literally give kyle Rayner Jordan's st0ries like they did Wally west in JL cart0on.
I mean his character fits into various situations. He can be funny when he needs to, serious when needed, his decision making is very logical...which is why the guardians trust and rely on him for special purposes. When you go through his different stories (blackest night, darkseid wars, even in injustice) you'll see what I mean. The only reason DC would use someone else as the main GL in the cinematic universe is if they just want to satisfy some fans of the other characters.
I agree Kyle can fit into those stories, but kyle is not well known. Hal is the most popular GL.
You know, we could have gotten a John Stewart Justice League but it was botched. Common was supposed to play John.
I would love to see how Gardner will be portrayed in live action though. I'm thinking Tom Hardy?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by csamii: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
100naira:
and what makes you think Tony Stark doesn't have a teleportation device? grin grin Bro stop hammering teleportation like it's the new stuff on board. Science geniuses like Hank pym( who Bruce Wayne can't even clean his shoes in the science and tech field) has built teleportation devices and you using it to brag for Bruce Wayne. When Bruce Wayne builds a space mechanic first, then we can talk.

And for the other guy, please Dr Bruce banner pales in comparison to Tony Stark.

So who are we talking about? Hank pym or tony stark?

And yes, it's the new stuff in the avengers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:32am On Jan 28, 2016
superbloke:

I mean his character fits into various situations. He can be funny when he needs to, serious when needed, his decision making is very logical...which is why the guardians trust and rely on him for special purposes. When you go through his different stories (blackest night, darkseid wars, even in injustice) you'll see what I mean. The only reason DC would use someone else as the main GL in the cinematic universe is if they just want to satisfy some fans of the other characters.
I agree Kyle can fit into those stories, but kyle is not well known. Hal is the most popular GL.
You know, we could have gotten a John Stewart Justice League but it was botched. Common was supposed to play John.
I would love to see how Gardner will be portrayed in live action though. I'm thinking Tom Hardy?
n0 pls n0t that guy. I want Matt Dam0n. I'd rather Hardy play a villain. And do you kn0w John Stewart is a guardian? Rayner's c0nstructs are m0re creative than Hal's. Rayner's ring is m0re powerful than Hal's. I would prefer Rayner over Hal. Rayner's m0re like ur everyday guy who was given a greater purp0se. He's st0ry is c0mpelling. Trust me i kn0w why i d0n't Hal. He's t0o similar to Peter Quill. Rayner's m0re like a struggling Artist who couldn't pay his bills. He has l0st all h0pes an driven down to alcoholism till he's given a purp0se. Do s0mething and be s0mething in the world. He's this humble guy that the world overl0oks. His st0ries are touching. Had it being they had g0ne with Rayner 4 GL 2011, the m0vie could've been successful.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
Minemrys:

n0 pls n0t that guy. I want Matt Dam0n. I'd rather Hardy play a villain. And do you kn0w John Stewart is a guardian? Rayner's c0nstructs are m0re creative than Hal's. Rayner's ring is m0re powerful than Hal's. I would prefer Rayner over Hal. Rayner's m0re like ur everyday guy who was given a greater purp0se. He's st0ry is c0mpelling. Trust me i kn0w why i d0n't Hal. He's t0o similar to Peter Quill. Rayner's m0re like a struggling Artist who couldn't pay his bills. He has l0st all h0pes an driven down to alcoholism till he's given a purp0se. Do s0mething and be s0mething in the world. He's this humble guy that the world overl0oks. His st0ries are touching. Had it being they had g0ne with Rayner 4 GL 2011, the m0vie could've been successful.
They had to give him something to do so they made him a guardian. grin
I can't argue against your point on Rayner though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:31am On Jan 29, 2016
superbloke:

They had to give him something to do so they made him a guardian. grin
I can't argue against your point on Rayner though.
to me making Rayner the Justice League lantern would diversify the team. Hal could be alluded to.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
Really psyched for this movie! I just hope it doesn't fall short of expectation.

I watched the DC animation Batman: Bad Blood, it was cool though I'm not really a fan of Damien Wayne. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis was horrible to me.

A time will come when we will experience fatigue and over-saturation regarding the superhero genre so they better take this sh.it seriously.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guys, this is a link for Injustice: Gods among us. Very exciting storyline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoZ0FHiAyI
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonySpike:
Guys, this is a link for Injustice: Gods among us. Very exciting storyline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoZ0FHiAyI
is that cyborg in the clip? I h0pe they d0n't use that l0ok 4 Cyborg in the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
waywardpikin:
Really psyched for this movie! I just hope it doesn't fall short of expectation.

I watched the DC animation Batman: Bad Blood, it was cool though I'm not really a fan of Damien Wayne. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis was horrible to me.

A time will come when we will experience fatigue and over-saturation regarding the superhero genre so they better take this sh.it seriously.
trust me, they are taking it seriously. The only thing that can result to over saturati0n of the genre are the Tv shows; Arrow, The flash, agents of shield, agent carter, daredevil, superbabe, legends of t0m0rrow, lucifer, gotham, jessica, etc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Minemrys:

is that cyborg in the clip? I h0pe they d0n't use that l0ok 4 Cyborg in the DCEU.

Yeah, that's cyborg. I don't think his armour concept might change so much in Justice League 2017. Any news about the Batman sequels to be directed by Ben Affleck yet?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonySpike:

Yeah, that's cyborg. I don't think his armour concept might change so much in Justice League 2017. Any news about the Batman sequels to be directed by Ben Affleck yet?
nah. Thats too early c0nsidering BvS isn't out and JUSTICE LEAGUE is about going into production. Am guessing we'll hear s0mething after BvS or after JL goes into filming.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonySpike:

i pray it changes and they d0n't use that for JL. I prefer that robocop suit in the Robocop 2014 film. Its less bulky and m0re believable. I d0n't want them making cyborg l0ok like a tank <cough--the amazing spiderman 2' rhin0>
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Minemrys:

i pray it changes and they d0n't use that for JL. I prefer that robocop suit in the Robocop 2014 film. Its less bulky and m0re believable. I d0n't want them making cyborg l0ok like a tank <cough--the amazing spiderman 2' rhin0>

lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
Minemrys:

nah. Thats too early c0nsidering BvS isn't out and JUSTICE LEAGUE is about going into production. Am guessing we'll hear s0mething after BvS or after JL goes into filming.
I suspect that Batman movie will be slated for 2018, I heard the movie will discuss the 10 year interval between The Dark Knight and Dawn of Justice. A spoiler might be the death of James Gordon, as he will not appear in Dawn of Justice.

I heard there might be another Superman solo movie too with the plot likely to have Brainiac as the villain.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonySpike:

I suspect that Batman movie will be slated for 2018, I heard the movie will discuss the 10 year interval between The Dark Knight and Dawn of Justice. A spoiler might be the death of James Gordon, as he will not appear in Dawn of Justice.

I heard there might be another Superman solo movie too with the plot likely to have Brainiac as the villain.
yea am guessing batman would be released in 2018 but this batman isn't c0nnected to the Nolan batman. Ben Affleck isn't playing christain Bale. Superman, i d0n't think will get an0ther m0vie. Brainiac is being saved for JUSTICE LEAGUE. I d0n't think Gord0n is dead, just a rum0r.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Minemrys:

trust me, they are taking it seriously. The only thing that can result to over saturati0n of the genre are the Tv shows; Arrow, The flash, agents of shield, agent carter, daredevil, superbabe, legends of t0m0rrow, lucifer, gotham, jessica, etc.

Lol @ superbabe. One day I will work up the courage to watch that one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
waywardpikin:

Lol @ superbabe. One day I will work up the courage to watch that one.
the series is decent though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
I can see you've changed the name of this thread. Interesting!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
tommychow:

You have a solid point about Lex's development story...and Bruce's too. If Snyder made Bruce too intelligent to see things perfectly he would have see the good in Kal-el but apparently, he's clouded by bitter experiences especially the death of Jason Todd (2nd Robin). Let's just say we are seeing a bitter Bruce and Lex is gonna take advantage of it.

The story, main cast and crew of the Batman reboot hasn't been confirmed. I strongly believe WB will use Batman: Arkham Knight or Under the hood to inspire a story. I mean, WB will use the idea of Jason Todd coming back as Redhood with evil vengeance for Joker and (or) Batman. It will be maaaaaaaad. With a movie like this, they can cast other Batman characters like Nightwing, Tim Drake (3rd Robin), Penguin and other villains for small roles. I hope Ben Affleck is fit for 10 more years.

And about, Green Lantern. Totally agree. It's already officially confirmed, the GL corps will be in the Justice League movie. Since JL movie is Nov 2017, the should start casting the Green lanterns this year. Hal Jordan will be the Green Lantern of JL, the other Green Lanterns will just have small roles.
I've always wondered how the lanterns would fit into the Justice League movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I can see you've changed the name of this thread. Interesting!
its the l0gical thing to do seeing as everything we discuss here's DC related.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2016
Raalsalghul:
i d0n't think its all the GLs they'll feature in Justice League.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2016
In some other news, the Flash universe is meeting the Supergirl universe in March 2016. The fans asked for it and they got it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
TonySpike:
In some other news, the Flash universe is meeting the Supergirl universe in March 2016. The fans asked for it and they got it!!
am guessing this would be earth 3, c0nsidering no menti0n of aliens on earth 2 let al0ne a Superman. A g0od way to b0ost ratings though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by tommychow(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Raalsalghul:

It would make sense if one of the lanterns, Hal Jordan, comes to earth to warn superman and co. that Darkseid is coming. Maybe the Lanterns have even fought Darkseid in the past since they both chill in space unlike the other JL members who are based on earth.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
tommychow:

It would make sense if one of the lanterns, Hal Jordan, comes to earth to warn superman and co. that Darkseid is coming. Maybe the Lanterns have even fought Darkseid in the past since they both chill in space unlike the other JL members who are based on earth.

Nice idea, if only the DC team writing sees this your concept. DC team used a lot of the feedback opinions from MOS to improve BvS. One of such opinions is the new colour palette chosen for BvS by Synder. From the trailers, it appears BVS will be colourful while Suicide Squad would be much darker. I guess their themes are different though..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by tommychow(m): 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
TonySpike:

Nice idea, if only the DC team writing sees this your concept. DC team used a lot of the feedback opinions from MOS to improve BvS. One of such opinions is the new colour palette chosen for BvS by Synder. From the trailers, it appears BVS will be colourful while Suicide Squad would be much darker. I guess their themes are different though..

Thanks. Green lantern is the only member that won't have a cameo in BvS. The cast hasn't even been officially confirmed. So, they really want a proper introduction to make up for that joke of a movie years ago.

I actually thought Suicide Squad was the colorful one. Have you seen their latest trailer? Lots of bright, colorful CGI effects. Anyways, I hope SS's storyline is dark and gritty like the DC comics. Leave the happy, fun action movies to Marvel Studios.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
tommychow:

Oh! That makes sense!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:21am On Feb 07, 2016
tommychow:

Thanks. Green lantern is the only member that won't have a cameo in BvS. The cast hasn't even been officially confirmed. So, they really want a proper introduction to make up for that joke of a movie years ago.

I actually thought Suicide Squad was the colorful one. Have you seen their latest trailer? Lots of bright, colorful CGI effects. Anyways, I hope SS's storyline is dark and gritty like the DC comics. Leave the happy, fun action movies to Marvel Studios.
i d0n't think i want GL in the JL just yet. Having him show up at the end of JL part 1 to warn about darkseid is too cliche. Its been talked about in every media board. To me they should leave GL yet to make people thirst for the character so when he finally sh0ws, he'll be a b0x office hit. Star wars any0ne
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by tommychow(m): 10:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Minemrys:

i d0n't think i want GL in the JL just yet. Having him show up at the end of JL part 1 to warn about darkseid is too cliche. Its been talked about in every media board. To me they should leave GL yet to make people thirst for the character so when he finally sh0ws, he'll be a b0x office hit. Star wars any0ne

JL is gonna fight Darkseid in part 1 (already teased in Batman's dream in BvS) so reckon GL would probably show up early in the movie. It's gonna be like Justice League: War but some plot changes.

They are LOTS of other JL members that can make part 2 highly anticipated: Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Shazam (aka Captain Marvel), Supergirl etc.

But let's see sha. We can only imagine.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Csami(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Minemrys:

Are you forgetting that GL is one of the founders of justice League? There's no justice League without GL. And him showing up to warn the others of Darkseid when he's in charge of sector whatever they call it(earth).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Wanna watch MOS again. This will be my third time
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
Justice League vs Teen Titans waiting for that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.