Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1235479 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Csami:

Are you forgetting that GL is one of the founders of justice League? There's no justice League without GL. And him showing up to warn the others of Darkseid when he's in charge of sector whatever they call it(earth).
bro, thats exactly what am saying. When GL isn't in JL part 1, we fans start asking why? Audiences start asking who he is and whats so special abt him, rum0rs circulate, speculati0ns begin, the hype starts and when he shows up, people bec0me invested. There's a JL without GL, if he wouldn't be there during zod's attack, then he should sure stay in hiding throughout the JL films. Guys, i want his m0vies to be like star wars and thats the only way.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
tommychow:

JL is gonna fight Darkseid in part 1 (already teased in Batman's dream in BvS) so reckon GL would probably show up early in the movie. It's gonna be like Justice League: War but some plot changes.

They are LOTS of other JL members that can make part 2 highly anticipated: Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Shazam (aka Captain Marvel), Supergirl etc.

But let's see sha. We can only imagine.
darkseid is just speculati0n, m0re like a prophecy. That doesn't mean he'll be in JL part 1. JL WAR is the cart0on i m0st hate. No substance, no st0ry, no character devel0pment just pure C0mputer imagery. Adapting such feature would be a shame, and a sad m0ve by DC. The dceu doesn't need an alien invasi0n st0ry again. By my guess JL part one which has Mera (Amber Heard) would be about Atlantis if n0thing m0re. It could be about the mystical and remember its said W0nder W0man film would lead into JUSTICE LEAGUE.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
TonySpike:
Wanna watch MOS again. This will be my third time
for me? I've l0st count. I just l0ve the opening and the ending scene. Am going to watch it before i watch BvS that very day. A sad thing we d0n't have cinema where i am presently.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Minemrys:

for me? I've l0st count. I just l0ve the opening and the ending scene. Am going to watch it before i watch BvS that very day. A sad thing we d0n't have cinema where i am presently.
Recently, I watched some footages of Watchmen on YouTube and many people were surprised that such quality of movie existed on superheroes in 2009. Snyder's movie are more appreciated when watched over and over again. His scenes are always detailed and cryptic as well. He puts more efforts on cinematography and character development. MOS is one of his greatest works on my opinion. I just wonder why his works are always misunderstood though. ..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
TonySpike:

Recently, I watched some footages of Watchmen on YouTube and many people were surprised that such quality of movie existed on superheroes in 2009. Snyder's movie are more appreciated when watched over and over again. His scenes are always detailed and cryptic as well. He puts more efforts on cinematography and character development. MOS is one of his greatest works on my opinion. I just wonder why his works are always misunderstood though. ..
maybe because he isn't influential like other directors or maybe because he hasn't made an independent film thats critically acclaimed. I d0n't kn0w why critics hate the man though. I like the man. The man seems s0mehow nervous in interviews or would i say shy? I kinda pity him when he talks cos i kn0w he's an intelligent genius who has alot in his head but can't get it out.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
The reas0n why people hated man of steel aside fr0m it n0t being a christ0pher reeve tribute film was becos of snyder, s0me even c0mpare him with michael bay. An unfair criticism. If M0s was released by n0lan, camer0n, spielberg or marvel studios, it would've been praised. To me man of steel wasn't great becos snyder was trying to be like n0lan and again Goyer's script.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Csami(m): 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Minemrys:

bro, thats exactly what am saying. When GL isn't in JL part 1, we fans start asking why? Audiences start asking who he is and whats so special abt him, rum0rs circulate, speculati0ns begin, the hype starts and when he shows up, people bec0me invested. There's a JL without GL, if he wouldn't be there during zod's attack, then he should sure stay in hiding throughout the JL films. Guys, i want his m0vies to be like star wars and thats the only way.

Lemme get this straight! You want DC to do a justice League movie without a GL because you want fans to want more? There's no JL without GL as there's no Gotham city without batman or metropolis without superman.

Can you watch a JL series without batman in it?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:53am On Feb 08, 2016
Csami:

Lemme get this straight! You want DC to do a justice League movie without a GL because you want fans to want more? There's no JL without GL as there's no Gotham city without batman or metropolis without superman.

Can you watch a JL series without batman in it?
Gl is a min0r character and 2 get him to be taken seriously by audience, introduce him in his m0vie. JL should only hint at the GLC. And again GL isn't as big as the trinity. What u can say is, there's no JL without a member of the trinity.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2016
Minemrys:

Gl is a min0r character and 2 get him to be taken seriously by audience, introduce him in his m0vie. JL should only hint at the GLC. And again GL isn't as big as the trinity. What u can say is, there's no JL without a member of the trinity.

I am hearing rumours that another BvS trailer was released yesterday for Superbowl Sunday. I think it's two TV spots though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2016
TonySpike:

I am hearing rumours that another BvS trailer was released yesterday for Superbowl Sunday. I think it's two TV spots though.
yea i just downloaded it. Its the turkish airline stuff.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2016
Minemrys:

yea i just downloaded it. Its the turkish airline stuff.

Gotham and Bruce Wayne: Turkish Airline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk8eSpRBnY

Lex Luthor and Metropolis: Turkish Airline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReIozZ1b10

I think these TV spots are smart!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by tommychow(m): 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Minemrys:

darkseid is just speculati0n, m0re like a prophecy. That doesn't mean he'll be in JL part 1. JL WAR is the cart0on i m0st hate. No substance, no st0ry, no character devel0pment just pure C0mputer imagery. Adapting such feature would be a shame, and a sad m0ve by DC. The dceu doesn't need an alien invasi0n st0ry again. By my guess JL part one which has Mera (Amber Heard) would be about Atlantis if n0thing m0re. It could be about the mystical and remember its said W0nder W0man film would lead into JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Maybe we should bet on it then because the signs are too clear. It's not about which villains we want in JL part 1 (personally I preferred they fought brainiac OR a team of villains brought together by lex including joker since doomsday wasn't enough to fight a team of the three bests) BUT it's what Snyder, WB, DC etc. want and everyone is following their lead with the new pictures. If they choose to mislead us and surprise us with something more interesting, more power to them. They are teasing Darkseid so Darkseid is what everyone expects for now till the actual plot is confirmed.

I think Wonder woman is a prequel to BvS. It's confirmed that it's gonna be her origin story cos many people don't know unlike Batman and Supes (watched it on YouTube). Plus "dawn of justice" pretty much says JL will most likely be the continuation, so let's watch BvS and know what's next.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
tommychow:

Maybe we should bet on it then because the signs are too clear. It's not about which villains we want in JL part 1 (personally I preferred they fought brainiac OR a team of villains brought together by lex including joker since doomsday wasn't enough to fight a team of the three bests) BUT it's what Snyder, WB, DC etc. want and everyone is following their lead with the new pictures. If they choose to mislead us and surprise us with something more interesting, more power to them. They are teasing Darkseid so Darkseid is what everyone expects for now till the actual plot is confirmed.

I think Wonder woman is a prequel to BvS. It's confirmed that it's gonna be her origin story cos many people don't know unlike Batman and Supes (watched it on YouTube). Plus "dawn of justice" pretty much says JL will most likely be the continuation, so let's watch BvS and know what's next.
using the injustice league as villains 4 JL when the team has n0t together is too easy d0n't u think? U need to ask, why would GL c0me to earth just 4 mere villains supes could take down, why would aquaman be c0ncerned about the surface dwellers to help them? Because u need JL to band together, u d0n't need darkseid or brainiac which are an0ther alien invasi0n st0ry. We just got back fr0m M0S right? Give the world time to trust superman and making an alien invasi0n a result fr0m him would be bad. Remember we need aquaman to trust humans and supes to be trustd. So what better way than to use an aquaman villain 4 JL?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
TonySpike:

Gotham and Bruce Wayne: Turkish Airline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk8eSpRBnY

Lex Luthor and Metropolis: Turkish Airline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReIozZ1b10

I think these TV spots are smart!
what do you think about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:43am On Feb 09, 2016
Minemrys:

I think he will make an excellent Lex Luther. I am not one of those that condemned him based on the trailers. I suspect the Lex Luthor character will be a near bipolar character in BvS. He will have at least two personalities, one required to sway public opinion against superman, another to pull a facade on Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. It is will be quite interesting to see how he pulls this off. Lex will definitely be a charismatic man to the people of Gotham and Metropolis, but a devil incarnate to batsy and supes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:08am On Feb 09, 2016
TonySpike:

I think he will make an excellent Lex Luther. I am not one of those that condemned him based on the trailers. I suspect the Lex Luthor character will be a near bipolar character in BvS. He will have at least two personalities, one required to sway public opinion against superman, another to pull a facade on Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. It is will be quite interesting to see how he pulls this off. Lex will definitely be a charismatic man to the people of Gotham and Metropolis, but a devil incarnate to batsy and supes.
i never doubted jesse since he was cast. That guy is a great actor. I l0ve every film he is in.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
Minemrys:

Brilliant. I love his eccentricity from the trailers. I was afraid of another grim-faced, Kal-el-hating baldie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Kaycee7:
Brilliant. I love his eccentricity from the trailers. I was afraid of another grim-faced, Kal-el-hating baldie.
thanks. We d0n't want s0me0ne generic and too predictable.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
Minemrys:

thanks. We d0n't want s0me0ne generic and too predictable.

Yeah, everyone is looking for silly reasons to bring down BvS, which is why they condemned Jesse Eisenberg. Infact, they condemned Ben Aflleck first but were surprised at his performance. Isn't that crazy? I learnt MOS got a bad rating because of the snapping of Zod's neck in the end. This was Zod that destroyed almost half of Metropolis with the World Engine and his unstable eye lasers. Imagine, many haters are already lurking behind and waiting to vote down BvS on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes the moemnt it is released!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
TonySpike:

Yeah, everyone is looking for silly reasons to bring down BvS, which is why they condemned Jesse Eisenberg. Infact, they condemned Ben Aflleck first but were surprised at his performance. Isn't that crazy? I learnt MOS got a bad rating because of the snapping of Zod's neck in the end. This was Zod that destroyed almost half of Metropolis with the World Engine and his unstable eye lasers. Imagine, many haters are already lurking behind and waiting to vote down BvS on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes the moemnt it is released!
d0n't bother urself about them. Its the way u see the film and ur opini0n abt it that matters.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:22am On Feb 11, 2016
TonySpike:

I can assure you that some critics have drafts of negative reviews locked up somewhere-waiting for the film's release before condemning it

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:25am On Feb 11, 2016
No matter what the nitpickers say, I just want BvS to make a billion dollars.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:22am On Feb 11, 2016
Hmmm! I was hoping to start a flame war, so I went to the Marvel thread and posted "D.C Rules" with four posters of BvS. I just hope that works.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:59am On Feb 11, 2016
A new and final BvS trailer will be released tomorrow just before Deadpool premieres. This marketing strategy is to distract Deadpood opening grosses. I personally don't expect Deadpool to make more than $400 million considering the fact that it is rated R and already banned in China!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:12am On Feb 11, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Hmmm! I was hoping to start a flame war, so I went to the Marvel thread and posted "grin.C Rules" with four posters of BvS. I just hope that works.

That Marvel thread looks so boring and bland. I wonder why they aren't even discussing Captain America CW enough on that thread? Are Marvel fans getting tired or what?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
TonySpike:
A new and final BvS trailer will be released tomorrow just before Deadpool premieres. This marketing strategy is to distract Deadpood opening grosses. I personally don't expect Deadpool to make more than $400 million considering the fact that it is rated R and already banned in China!
Bvs would rather b0ost its sales then, if the trailer will be released with deadp0ol. I heard its 100% in RT.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2016
TonySpike:

That Marvel thread looks so boring and bland. I wonder why they aren't even discussing Captain America CW enough on that thread? Are Marvel fans getting tired or what?
marvel as a whole is boring. What's there 2 talk about? This is the 1st time am n0t anticipating spiderman. I'll watch it 4 captain america though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Hmmm! I was hoping to start a flame war, so I went to the Marvel thread and posted "grin.C Rules" with four posters of BvS. I just hope that works.
lols. In heath ledger voice, "then every0ne l0oses their mind"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I can assure you that some critics have drafts of negative reviews locked up somewhere-waiting for the film's release before condemning it
lols so true. I kn0w a guy on IMDB who voted Bvs 1 even before last year. So funny but that doesn't matter as it'll gr0ss 1 billi0n and is sure to be interesting. And has any0ne seen Dan Amboyer's recent interview? He said s0mething that makes me suspect he's GL, Hal Jordan.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2016
This is what one hater wrote about BvS on Rotten Tomatoes:

"With a director known more for his semi-impressive visuals and lack-luster story telling at the helm of this movie, this movie will be one of the biggest disappointments of the year. It will be CGI filled, lack a story, and look non-impressive. I can see past the loyal fans and I will tell you this, the film will be a disappointment when it hits theaters."
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2016
This is so funny. I guess the Turkish airline is been taken seriously...

A number of people have apparently been confused by the latest Turkish Airlines (THY) commercial for the upcoming “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” movie featuring fictional destinations, phoning call centers to demand tickets to “Gotham City” and “Metropolis.”

Some confused customers reportedly phoned the carrier’s call centers and tried to buy tickets for the fictional cities after watching the commercials.

Accordingly, THY’s call center personnel have had to inform the mistaken customers about “Gotham City” and “Metropolis,” explaining that they were fictional locations.

“Those cities have been shown for commercial purposes. It is fiction. People occasionally call and we explain the situation. THY personnel have also been informed about the subject,” a call center worker said.

Turkish Airlines had introduced “Gotham City” and “Metropolis” as its two brand new destinations on Super Bowl night, through commercials in line with its sponsorship deal with Warner Bros Pictures for the upcoming movie “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-airlines-ads-prompt-demands-for-tickets-to-gotham-and-metropolis.aspx?pageID=238&nID=95012&NewsCatID=341
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2016
TonySpike:
This is so funny. I guess the Turkish airline is been taken seriously...

A number of people have apparently been confused by the latest Turkish Airlines (THY) commercial for the upcoming “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” movie featuring fictional destinations, phoning call centers to demand tickets to “Gotham City” and “Metropolis.”

Some confused customers reportedly phoned the carrier’s call centers and tried to buy tickets for the fictional cities after watching the commercials.

Accordingly, THY’s call center personnel have had to inform the mistaken customers about “Gotham City” and “Metropolis,” explaining that they were fictional locations.

“Those cities have been shown for commercial purposes. It is fiction. People occasionally call and we explain the situation. THY personnel have also been informed about the subject,” a call center worker said.

Turkish Airlines had introduced “Gotham City” and “Metropolis” as its two brand new destinations on Super Bowl night, through commercials in line with its sponsorship deal with Warner Bros Pictures for the upcoming movie “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-airlines-ads-prompt-demands-for-tickets-to-gotham-and-metropolis.aspx?pageID=238&nID=95012&NewsCatID=341
funny. i knew this was going to happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.