Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237268 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
badinfluence:
Lighten up man... why so serious grin
bro i wasn't serious.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Minemrys:

the amazing spiderman 2 and spiderman 3 films were bad n0t because of the characters but because of the plot as they were r0mance films centred on 2 characters and the rest felt displaced. Spidey 3 would get a pass though. BvS centres on a c0nflict btwn superman and the world (batman included) and how the world takes him. Every character would fit into any group.
Brother management of characters were serious problems in both movies.. nothing about romance.. there's something called character development.. if these characters were well developed.. romance wouldn't be any issue. 30 minutes into a movie and you're introducing main characters? Come on
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Minemrys:

what the...? When and where did u hear this?
it's a silly news trending on the Internet. I don't believe in it a bit!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pretty sure Deadpool is gonna be a beta film dan BvS bt I'm so sure BvS will make a lot of moni ( billion or high Millions ).....

And that leave Civil war..... Can't really say anytin yet..... Money is certain.... Bt story..?!

Pretty sure storywise Deadpool will be d best CMB movie of the year... Money wise... Its between Bvs and CA:CW... With CW tipped to make more......let's wait and see tho.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
TonySpike:

it's a silly news trending on the Internet. I don't believe in it a bit!
thats a lie cos everything 4 JL to work is already in place. Pre producti0n's started and WW is abt to stop filming in l0nd0n when JL begins. Thats a blunt lie. What i heard is fr0m marvel tr0lls wanting bvs to fail so WB could go back to doing Batman Superman films. They d0n't want the DCEU to go forward. Last news i heard abt JL was Amber Heard was cast as Mera. Dan Amboyer is even prepping up so thats s0mething.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
badinfluence:

Brother management of characters were serious problems in both movies.. nothing about romance.. there's something called character development.. if these characters were well developed.. romance wouldn't be any issue. 30 minutes into a movie and you're introducing main characters? Come on
bro i kn0w alot n0t boasting, abt plot and character devel0pment. How will 3 villains and other min0r characters have a chance at character devel0pment when the plot focuses on 2 characters with r0mance the basis?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Minemrys:

bro i kn0w alot n0t boasting, abt plot and character devel0pment. How will 3 villains and other min0r characters have a chance at character devel0pment when the plot focuses on 2 characters with r0mance the basis?
That's were the plot points are faulty.. that was were marvel failed.. you can't have 3 villains and a sketchy plot development..
If I may ask, what to you is the main plot of BvS?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Minemrys:

thats a lie cos everything 4 JL to work is already in place. Pre producti0n's started and WW is abt to stop filming in l0nd0n when JL begins. Thats a blunt lie. What i heard is fr0m marvel tr0lls wanting bvs to fail so WB could go back to doing Batman Superman films. They d0n't want the DCEU to go forward. Last news i heard abt JL was Amber Heard was cast as Mera. Dan Amboyer is even prepping up so thats s0mething.
Which one is marvel trolls.. you're really taking this marvel vs dc thing too far oo.. bear in mind both companies are after the ultimate goal of making money.. and dem no go even give us small for subscription to continue this marvel vs dc argument

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrDojo:
Pretty sure Deadpool is gonna be a beta film dan BvS bt I'm so sure BvS will make a lot of moni ( billion or high Millions ).....

And that leave Civil war..... Can't really say anytin yet..... Money is certain.... Bt story..?!

Pretty sure storywise Deadpool will be d best CMB movie of the year... Money wise... Its between Bvs and CA:CW... With CW tipped to make more......let's wait and see tho.....
bro u are saying that cos u are a marvel fan. What story does deadp0ol have to tell? A story abt a g0od m0ral joker who is out 4 a revenge cos of his disfigured face and fear of rejecti0n fr0m his babe? Bvs has a philosophical plotlines fr0m a writer who w0n an oscar 4 his first m0vie Argo. Deals with a realistic view of things. What would happen should superman really exist in the w0rld? Would we be scared, paran0id? <batman> would people as rich and p0werful like Trump, zuckerberg, w0rld leaders feel inferior? <lex> What would u do if u had the power to stop wars, hunger, famine but under restricti0ns? Marvel hasn't dealt with any of these themes. Bro when it c0mes to st0ry, m0ney bvs has it. Tell me, how will cw have the edge? Ir0n man v cap we've already seen? What story does cw have? Revenge? Betrayal? Well welc0me to the DCEU board mr. Dojo, i l0ve ur thread 0n the MCU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Csami(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
badinfluence:

A strong advocation for something yet to be released.. you actually think a 3hr plus movie wouldn't get boring at a point? And it'll be the management and duration of the boring parts that would be tricky..
There are factors you have to consider other than trailers and teasers.. there's management of characters(which badly affected amazing spiderman 2).. how are they gonna management the obvious duration stretch. Plot points etc

Nothing affected amazing spiderman except for its wacked storyline. I'm so convinced that BvS is going to blow people's mind.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
badinfluence:

That's were the plot points are faulty.. that was were marvel failed.. you can't have 3 villains and a sketchy plot development..
If I may ask, what to you is the main plot of BvS?
BvS c0ncerns the w0rld's reflecti0n and reaction to superman. C0nsequences of acti0ns. Man as a whole and the concept of a superman or human. Activities of superhumans and nature. Etc.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
badinfluence:

Which one is marvel trolls.. you're really taking this marvel vs dc thing too far oo.. bear in mind both companies are after the ultimate goal of making money.. and dem no go even give us small for subscription to continue this marvel vs dc argument
bro its part of the fun. And it makes us learn fr0m various things e.g we that aspire to be film makers/bloggers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Csami:

Nothing affected amazing spiderman except for its wacked storyline. I'm so convinced that BvS is going to blow people's mind.
I understand your optimism for the film, but don't be too sure.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:04am On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

bro its part of the fun. And it makes us learn fr0m various things e.g we that aspire to be film makers/bloggers.
Yes.. I'm an aspiring film maker which means I should learn a thing or two from both companies and other companies.. but if as an aspiring film maker, I'm busy hating on a company which has made and is still making billions of dollars, then I haven't started.. you guys should be objective in your criticism.. it's so bad nobody here hasn't even acknowledged deadpool's release.. y'all are acting like nobody here is going to see it.. Truth be told you're not acting like an aspiring film maker, rather a dc fanatic..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Csami:

Brother the storyline was ok.. execution and management were the problems.. there's more to a movie than storylines.. pls be objective in your criticism.. you just said wack storyline(that's border line hating)
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I understand your optimism for the film, but don't be too sure.
Thank you.. you can't be too sure.. that's what I've been trying to say.. teasers are not yardsticks to judge a movie. And the way most dc fanboys are going about this whole thing.. the movie already has ill wishes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:20am On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

bro u are saying that cos u are a marvel fan. What story does deadp0ol have to tell? A story abt a g0od m0ral joker who is out 4 a revenge cos of his disfigured face and fear of rejecti0n fr0m his babe? Bvs has a philosophical plotlines fr0m a writer who w0n an oscar 4 his first m0vie Argo. Deals with a realistic view of things. What would happen should superman really exist in the w0rld? Would we be scared, paran0id? <batman> would people as rich and p0werful like Trump, zuckerberg, w0rld leaders feel inferior? <lex> What would u do if u had the power to stop wars, hunger, famine but under restricti0ns? Marvel hasn't dealt with any of these themes. Bro when it c0mes to st0ry, m0ney bvs has it. Tell me, how will cw have the edge? Ir0n man v cap we've already seen? What story does cw have? Revenge? Betrayal? Well welc0me to the DCEU board mr. Dojo, i l0ve ur thread 0n the MCU.
Shey you know it's still a comic.. no actual realism in the comic world.. in the movie world, the attempt at imitating realism is tricky. You also have to bear in mind that people sometimes want that feeling of an utopia.. they want to escape realism for a while.. this is where marvel have concentrated on to make their chedda..
Civil war is a great story.. I actually admire that story and it's not your average captain America vs iron man squabble

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 12:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

BvS c0ncerns the w0rld's reflecti0n and reaction to superman. C0nsequences of acti0ns. Man as a whole and the concept of a superman or human. Activities of superhumans and nature. Etc.
Bros I said 'main plot' o.. you just highlighted themes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

There's some sense in the news though. I think Warner bros is seeing Ben Affleck's version of Batman as a good investment worth trying out before JL. I also heard that Jesse Eisenberg was excellent also. Warner feels there's more profit to be made from Superman and Batman, and honestly I don't blame them. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

Api to be here......

Y I said CA:CW has an edge is becuz.... We ave seen all of the these guys as friends/allies for over 8yrs now....and dey r all going head to head with each other and there is a rumour d@ one of em will be killed.....d@ brings out emotion from the moviegoers...and people will wnt to see that....becuz most of the characters are xtablished already... Compared to BvS in a way the match up seems forced....I'm nt saying BvS won't ave a goood story tho....its good to ave sometin different to watch.....if we use MoS( average - Good movie) as reference point I hope dey ave a beta story....bt BvS d action in BvS is goin to be crazy.......( 3rd trialer)...

Deadpools say Hi btw.... cheesy
I'm so sure Deadpool is going to be the best CBM movie of the year... Dnt ask me for facts cuz I've none...I'm jst saying it becuz I'm a huge fan of the guy.. grin grin ( partiality is nt a crime )
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2016
MrDojo:

Api to be here......

Y I said CA:CW has an edge is becuz.... We ave seen all of the these guys as friends/allies for over 8yrs now....and dey r all going head to head with each other and there is a rumour d@ one of em will be killed.....d@ brings out emotion from the moviegoers...and people will wnt to see that....becuz most of the characters are xtablished already... Compared to BvS in a way the match up seems forced....I'm nt saying BvS won't ave a goood story tho....its good to ave sometin different to watch.....if we use MoS( average - Good movie) as reference point I hope dey ave a beta story....bt BvS d action in BvS is goin to be crazy.......( 3rd trialer)...

I'm so sure Deadpool is going to be the best CBM movie of the year... Dnt ask me for facts cuz I've none...I'm jst saying it becuz I'm a huge fan of the guy.. grin grin ( partiality is nt a crime )
To me, Deadpool is a senseless o.rgy of extreme violence, explicit sexual theme and ribald humour. If people feel that MOS is full of violence, they should see Deadpool which is a baseless festival of gory violence. I won't bother myself watching Deadpool at the cinema. ..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2016
TonySpike:

To me, Deadpool is a senseless o.rgy of extreme violence, explicit sexual theme and ribald humour. If people feel that MOS is full of violence, they should see Deadpool which is a baseless festival of gory violence. I won't bother myself watching Deadpool at the cinema. ..

Sure do d@...... Deadpool is nt for.. angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2016
MrDojo:

Api to be here......

you can't say d pool would be the best cbm without facts. It'll be entertaining but doesn't change the fact that the m0vie doesn't have a story. Check the current rating of the film, its n0t cl0se to TDK or TDKR. I've heard this argument abt Cw over n over again. Am n0t g0ing to take the m0vie seriously, why? Cos n0ne is going to die and its the usual marvel c0medy show. They can't kill stark or caps just yet. They'll keep them 4 avengers 3 to let audience warm up to bucky or kill bucky in cw in place of caps.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2016
TonySpike:

There's some sense in the news though. I think Warner bros is seeing Ben Affleck's version of Batman as a good investment worth trying out before JL. I also heard that Jesse Eisenberg was excellent also. Warner feels there's more profit to be made from Superman and Batman, and honestly I don't blame them. grin
there's a fallacy in that rum0ur. Wb wouldn't delay a JL capable of 2 billi0n 4 a superman batman that'll bring 1.7 billi0n when they could use JL to pr0m0te other characters 4 their solo films that could be worth bringing m0re than 3 billi0n just 4 superman batman. JL isn't going any where. The 0ne u could say is postp0ning flash and aquaman films. U do kn0w those supes and bats film script aint ready right? And JL is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2016
badinfluence:

Bros I said 'main plot' o.. you just highlighted themes
its a c0ntinuati0n of m0s st0ryline, those affectd by the events and C. K trying to fit in to the world in disguise while c0ming to a rude awakening that his dad was right and humanity might n0t be what he thought at first but he could ch0ose to go with Jor el's advice to lead humanity even if they fall till they learn fr0m their falls. It also c0ntinues the m0s storyline and theme, the quest 4 hope and quest 2 c0nquer fear or bring hope to the fearful <batman>
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2016
badinfluence:

Shey you know it's still a comic.. no actual realism in the comic world.. in the movie world, the attempt at imitating realism is tricky. You also have to bear in mind that people sometimes want that feeling of an utopia.. they want to escape realism for a while.. this is where marvel have concentrated on to make their chedda..
Civil war is a great story.. I actually admire that story and it's not your average captain America vs iron man squabble
i never said bvs was imitating realism, i said it was dealing with the c0ncept of realism where in the real w0rld, there are stakes and c0nsequences of acti0n which marvel doesn't deal with which is okay as we d0n't need 2 similar genres of same pr0duct.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
badinfluence:

Yes.. I'm an aspiring film maker which means I should learn a thing or two from both companies and other companies.. but if as an aspiring film maker, I'm busy hating on a company which has made and is still making billions of dollars, then I haven't started.. you guys should be objective in your criticism.. it's so bad nobody here hasn't even acknowledged deadpool's release.. y'all are acting like nobody here is going to see it.. Truth be told you're not acting like an aspiring film maker, rather a dc fanatic..
bro no one is hating on marvel. There's difference btwn hate and criticing. Am n0t a dc fanatic, i maybe partial 4 being a dc fan bt that doesn't make a dc fanatic. I love s0me of the marvel films like thor, ca winter soldier, and incredible hulk but when i see a g0of, s0mething that doesn't make sense, i say it. As 4 deadp0ol, am n0t anticipating it. I'll wait and watch it online. To me its same st0ry with x men origins bt with joker who is m0rally inclined. The films i anticipate are bvs, suicide squad, x men apocalypse, n0w you see me 2.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Csami(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
badinfluence:

Brother the storyline was ok.. execution and management were the problems.. there's more to a movie than storylines.. pls be objective in your criticism.. you just said wack storyline(that's border line hating)

The storyline is weak, execution silly and it was amazingly boring! Both 1 & 2.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SpenzaZoom(m): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Can't we just to fast forward to BvS dawn of justice release date Mehn i can't wait no more!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Minemrys:

you can't say d pool would be the best cbm without facts. It'll be entertaining but doesn't change the fact that the m0vie doesn't have a story. Check the current rating of the film, its n0t cl0se to TDK or TDKR. I've heard this argument abt Cw over n over again. Am n0t g0ing to take the m0vie seriously, why? Cos n0ne is going to die and its the usual marvel c0medy show. They can't kill stark or caps just yet. They'll keep them 4 avengers 3 to let audience warm up to bucky or kill bucky in cw in place of caps.

Lemme rephrase Mr deadpool will have the Most entertaining Movie of the year (CB). Well relating to CW.. I dnt knw if some1 will die...like I said its a rumour...and as we alll knw rumour increases the hype too.....

TDK went away from d standard comic book theme....it did nt feel like I Superhero Movie... It felt different nt in a bad way....@ all...in veri good way....
So I dnt really consider it a CBM (my opinion..)...

And actually der is a story in deadpool.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
TonySpike:

Even deadpool ratings is going down badly. I hope it survives the first week onslaught. Metacritic already scored it 64%.
dead pool has already made 75m with a budget of 58m in less than 4 days since its release... this film is already a huge hit...ImdB scored it 86%

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.