Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241751 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:

Well I wasn't surprised with BvS! Snyder took too many foreseen risks...

About wonder woman, Gadot isn't a good actress. But I hope she steps up her game to convince critics...
Settling for Jason Fuchs as the screenwriter is like an experiment. Hope the risk pays off.
dude do u so hate the dceu? How m0re do u want gadot to act seeing what she did in bvs. Looking at it are u a better actor than her?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
Minemrys:

you win. Okay, you win. But why would u criticize a film b4 its even released? It was as if you were praying for it to fail the whole time.

Lol! I wasn't praying for it to fail, it was my 2016 most anticipated-movie but after I got to read the plot...it was obvious Snyder was taking a huge risk.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Minemrys:

dude do u so hate the dceu? How m0re do u want gadot to act seeing what she did in bvs. Looking at it are u a better actor than her?

I'm just a worried fan that demands quality...please what qualifies Gadot as a good actress? Has she ever taken a lead role in a major movie?
I know you will say..."there's first time for everything".
That was why I said I hope she steps up her game.

About me being a better actor, I don't need to be a good cook to judge the Chef.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:

Well I wasn't surprised with BvS! Snyder took too many foreseen risks...

About wonder woman, Gadot isn't a good actress. But I hope she steps up her game to convince critics...
Settling for Jason Fuchs as the screenwriter is like an experiment. Hope the risk pays off.
Yes, I can agree with you on that.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ElCount: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Minemrys:

The Gadot xter is the only xter that made the movie interesting I don't know what that guy is talking about
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
@elcount

Let's see how interesting wonderwoman will be..@least this time, her character is the main course. She wont be involved in her usual 10-20 lines.
This is a huge task for her. 95% of female superhero movies have flopped! I hope this will be a breakthrough for her.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:

I'm just a worried fan that demands quality...please what qualifies Gadot as a good actress? Has she ever taken a lead role in a major movie?
I know you will say..."there's first time for everything".
That was why I said I hope she steps up her game.

About me being a better actor, I don't need to be a good cook to judge the Chef.
but to c0ndemn one that much u need to be in the industry. Ur argument on gadot n0t having a leading role in a m0vie is invalid. Tom cruise was neva io a major role b4 he was cast in a major role and i neva heard he was n0minated 4 a razzie. N0t all those who are major stars in films are g0od. S0me got lucky. So ur argument is baseless.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ElCount: 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
lloydpras:
@elcount

Let's see how interesting wonderwoman will be..@least this time, her character is the main course. She wont be involved in her usual 10-20 lines.
This is a huge task for her. 95% of female superhero movies have flopped! I hope this will be a breakthrough for her.
Meh! Gal Gadot got this.
Well let's hope so I really like the intro she was given in Batman v Superman, made me forget how horrible the movie was
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth were relatively unknown prior to Captain America and Thor. I think Gal Gadot should be given a benefit of doubt. Though I agree that female superhero movies are often poorly patronised.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kraftykc(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
lloydpras:

Wow...with how crappy BvS is..u guys still believe Wonder woman will come good? I salute your optimism.

And where are those Fanatics who almost crucified me for negatively criticizing BvS prior to the release.

Cc: Kraftykc minemrys, tonyspike, kendrick9

Are u guys still expecting a $1.4Billion revenue?

For real dude, crappy Lol I will warrant u though, it won't reach a billion.

BUT I DUCKING LOVED IT
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
TonySpike:
Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth were relatively unknown prior to Captain America and Thor. I think Gal Gadot should be given a benefit of doubt. Though I agree that female superhero movies are often poorly patronised.
Chris hemsworth yes but Chris Evans was already know before captain America. He appeared in the original fantastic four as human torch and before that, appeared in the movie cellular.

You do have a point though, Gal Gadot should be given a benefit of doubt, just that most female superhero movies do not perform well.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by epospiky(m): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Where can I download the movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 10:26am On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

but to c0ndemn one that much u need to be in the industry. Ur argument on gadot n0t having a leading role in a m0vie is invalid. Tom cruise was neva io a major role b4 he was cast in a major role and i neva heard he was n0minated 4 a razzie. N0t all those who are major stars in films are g0od. S0me got lucky. So ur argument is baseless.

Referencing Tom Cruise on this issue is very much in contrast and disrespectful to Cruise's outstanding career. And that's invalid.
On this thread, I predicted $850M-$950M revenue for Dawn Of Justice. Its around $830M currently,I am still on track .So not being in the industry doesn't still disqualify one as a Fan from sharing his opinion.
Let's put razzie and other nomination talks aside...Marvel is still shying away from the "Black widow" movie project cos they know the risk that is @stake..despite having a Power-house (Scarlett Johansson) in lead-role. There's a major reason for that.
For DC, Gadot must deliver...cos female superhero movies hardly go a long way on box-office.
It might take almost a decade for DC to catch up with Marvel but I am hopeful..DC still made some good decisions like hanging on to David Ayer for Suicide Squad. He's a huge asset.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2016
kraftykc:

For real dude, crappy Lol I will warrant u though, it won't reach a billion.

BUT I DUCKING LOVED IT

Lol..Nice! U luv it..But let's be honest here, is it worth the HYPE?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by lloydpras: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2016
ElCount:

Meh! Gal Gadot got this.
Well let's hope so I really like the intro she was given in Batman v Superman, made me forget how horrible the movie was
Lol
I hope it turns out well.
We shall be here to give our opinion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
lloydpras:

Referencing Tom Cruise on this issue is very much in contrast and disrespectful to Cruise's outstanding career. And that's invalid.
On this thread, I predicted $850M-$950M revenue for Dawn Of Justice. Its around $830M currently,I am still on track .So not being in the industry doesn't still disqualify one as a Fan from sharing his opinion.
Let's put razzie and other nomination talks aside...Marvel is still shying away from the "Black widow" movie project cos they know the risk that is @stake..despite having a Power-house (Scarlett Johansson) in lead-role. There's a major reason for that.
For DC, Gadot must deliver...cos female superhero movies hardly go a long way on box-office.
It might take almost a decade for DC to catch up with Marvel but I am hopeful..DC still made some good decisions like hanging on to David Ayer for Suicide Squad. He's a huge asset.

Dc laid the foundati0ns for superhero c0mic b0oks and films and am sure they'll lay that for female superhero m0vies. They take risks but others rip the glory <marvel>.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

Dc laid the foundati0ns for superhero c0mic b0oks and films and am sure they'll lay that for female superhero m0vies. They take risks but others rip the glory <marvel>.
ur right bro...infact chop knuckle
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

Like that upcoming movie called Doctor Strange that is stealing concepts from Batman begins and Inception, mostly Nolan's work. I still love DC but they need to get more creative and realistic writers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
TonySpike:

Like that upcoming movie called Doctor Strange that is stealing concepts from Batman begins and Inception, mostly Nolan's work. I still love DC but they need to get more creative and realistic writers.

Marvel copying DC? Lol

Anyone that has read a Doctor Strange comic will tell you he invented the whole "mystic arts" shtick. Even his comic origin with the Tibet thing was made before Batman. That's like saying Justice League is copying Avengers just cos Marvel managed to produce their movie first.

Learn to let go man, we all this anti - marvel propaganda is unnecessary. The whole hate is getting one-sided and profits no one
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
Some folks don start...Tim Burton laid the groundwork for Batman, which Joel Schumacher destroyed. Punisher crashed & burned. Then Blade reminded everyone that superhero films could still make money. Or have y'all forgotten that's a Marvel brand? X-Men came in and blew us away. X2 gave us more awesomeness with a very good Nightcrawler. X3 annoys the hell out of me, I was ready to slap everyone involved. Daredevil & Elektra crashed & burned so bad thanks to nonsense script & weird CGI. Fantastic 4 took the not so serious route and made some money. Did an okay sequel, at least Silver Surfer looked good... Superman Returns happened, gave us a few fantastic scenes (that baseball scene with the plane...sweet), but kinda bored us. It took Christopher Nolan to save Batman after those rubber nips of Joel hell. Nolan made it relevant. Plus, folks have forgotten the travesty that was Catwoman... I forgot to mention the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, that gave us one of the best movie tie-in games (Spider-Man 2), we even forgive him for the weak link (SM3, still a gazillion times better than Batman & Robin).

Then, Marvel decided to take control of their own characters and decided to release their own shared universe using their C-list superhero, Iron Man, since they weren't really making money from Fox & Sony...and we've seen the rubbish they can do sometimes (Wolverine Origins, X3, Elektra, Daredevil..remember Fox nearly killed Deadpool with whatever that was in Wolverine Origins, I'm not even going to talk about the mistranslated Igbo) and they scored big time. All this time your dearest DC/WB, didn't try to take the shared universe, because they played it safe. Now, they're trying to rush everything. It's a shame Nolan declined, he would have given us BvS that we deserved. Just imagine the VFXs that guy would have given us, since he's a big advocate of practical effects. Do you know why the spinning room looked so real in Inception? The dude made them build the thing, the room was bloody spinning, not CGI. **sighs**

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

Yeah like how DC decided to launch their own universe after seeing how successful marvel was with theirs. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
And remember folks, DC/WB cancelled Wonder Woman before Black Widow appeared in Avengers. Even MCU messed up when they cancelled the Black Widow film, in fact I don't even want a BW film anymore. As others have mentioned, female led superhero films/tv don't usually make money. I believe Lara Croft was the highest grossing female led film for a while, before Hunger Games. Some of you might have not watched the terrible f**kfest that was Supergirl, made during the terribleness that's the last two Reeves Superman films. Argo City must be dead, since Supergirl wasted so much time on Earth deciding to experience the American high school system, being defeated by wind & battling a witch. Man, that film sucks assballs...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
parrotibaba:
Yeah like how DC decided to launch their own universe after seeing how successful marvel was with theirs. grin grin
think again. Dc started it with the c0mics then with supergirl 1984 film. They even had a pre producti0n 4 a JL film with george miller directing in 2007 b4 ir0n man even came out. What u can say is that, they were late to it becos of s0 many things kn0wn to WB. Its n0t like DC has its own studio like marvel to make its own decision
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Err...Minemrys, I covered that already. They failed when they tried that, oh how they failed...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
cao:
Some folks don start...Tim Burton laid the groundwork for Batman, which Joel Schumacher destroyed. Punisher crashed & burned. Then Blade reminded everyone that superhero films could still make money. Or have y'all forgotten that's a Marvel brand? X-Men came in and blew us away. X2 gave us more awesomeness with a very good Nightcrawler. X3 annoys the hell out of me, I was ready to slap everyone involved. Daredevil & Elektra crashed & burned so bad thanks to nonsense script & weird CGI. Fantastic 4 took the not so serious route and made some money. Did an okay sequel, at least Silver Surfer looked good... Superman Returns happened, gave us a few fantastic scenes (that baseball scene with the plane...sweet), but kinda bored us. It took Christopher Nolan to save Batman after those rubber nips of Joel hell. Nolan made it relevant. Plus, folks have forgotten the travesty that was Catwoman... I forgot to mention the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, that gave us one of the best movie tie-in games (Spider-Man 2), we even forgive him for the weak link (SM3, still a gazillion times better than Batman & Robin).

Then, Marvel decided to take control of their own characters and decided to release their own shared universe using their C-list superhero, Iron Man, since they weren't really making money from Fox & Sony...and we've seen the rubbish they can do sometimes (Wolverine Origins, X3, Elektra, Daredevil..remember Fox nearly killed Deadpool with whatever that was in Wolverine Origins, I'm not even going to talk about the mistranslated Igbo) and they scored big time. All this time your dearest DC/WB, didn't try to take the shared universe, because they played it safe. Now, they're trying to rush everything. It's a shame Nolan declined, he would have given us BvS that we deserved. Just imagine the VFXs that guy would have given us, since he's a big advocate of practical effects. Do you know why the spinning room looked so real in Inception? The dude made them build the thing, the room was bloody spinning, not CGI. **sighs**
dc playing safe? Heard anything of JL 2007 b4 avengers? Superman 1976? Batman with a c0mic actor? Thats risk.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
cao:
Err...Minemrys, I covered that already. They failed when they tried that, oh how they failed...
we all fail cao. We all do. Why do we fall, bruce?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

dc playing safe? Heard anything of JL 2007 b4 avengers? Superman 1976? Batman with a c0mic actor? Thats risk.
Quick question, after they failed with the rubbish that was Supergirl, when did DC/WB attempt to do a shared universe again? When did they start taking risks again in their life action films? After Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's now they're taking risks again after poor choices. That's why they're rushing things, forgetting that Marvel* took time to create MCU. So abeg, stop deceiving yourself. It's a shame DC/WB never took a leaf outta of the DCAU (Paul Dini & Bruce Timm were fantastic writers/creators. They did give us Harley Quinn, Nora Fries' backstory, Renee Montoya & Terry McGuiness).

*I'd personally would like to use another reference, but unfortunately Marvel are the only ones doing a shared live action universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Minemrys:

think again. Dc started it with the c0mics then with supergirl 1984 film. They even had a pre producti0n 4 a JL film with george miller directing in 2007 b4 ir0n man even came out. What u can say is that, they were late to it becos of s0 many things kn0wn to WB. Its n0t like DC has its own studio like marvel to make its own decision
Oga I'm talking about the cinematic universe and not the comics or who first shot a movie. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) started in 2008 and after DC witnessed the success of the first avengers movie, they decided to launch theirs in 2013, calling it the DC Extended Universe(DCEU).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 25, 2016
Everytime Marvel copied DC. Dont y'all get tired??

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hey guys, it seems my comments triggered this Marvel vs Dc war again. That comment about Doctor Strange was only directed at the film-making concept and not the storyline. Of course, Doctor Strange has a well-established storyline even though it was ripped-off from DC's Doctor Fate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga I'm talking about the cinematic universe and not the comics or who first shot a movie. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) started in 2008 and after DC witnessed the success of the first avengers movie, they decided to launch theirs in 2013, calling it the DC Extended Universe(DCEU).
guy DC didn't just sit and watch marvel start the mcu, they had set ups that failed even b4 marvel had an independent studio. Marvel had the fortune of success. Back then dc wantd doing a supes bats film with keat0n and reeves but reeve's accident made it imp0ssible. Pre producti0n 4 superman lives had began with nick cage but it got cancelled. Bale was cast 4 a bats film with supes but n0lan came and decided against it. Had superman returns n0t fl0pped in 2006, jl would've been here. And dc alm0st startd filming 4 jl b4 the writer's strike in 2007 halted it. So u could see dc didn't just sit to watch how it went. They were unlucky. Marvel's lucky ir0n man didn't flop s0mething DC isn't fortunate of. But with M0S they could c0me into the game.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
cao:

Quick question, after they failed with the rubbish that was Supergirl, when did DC/WB attempt to do a shared universe again? When did they start taking risks again in their life action films? After Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's now they're taking risks again after poor choices. That's why they're rushing things, forgetting that Marvel* took time to create MCU. So abeg, stop deceiving yourself. It's a shame DC/WB never took a leaf outta of the DCAU (Paul Dini & Bruce Timm were fantastic writers/creators. They did give us Harley Quinn, Nora Fries' backstory, Renee Montoya & Terry McGuiness).

*I'd personally would like to use another reference, but unfortunately Marvel are the only ones doing a shared live action universe.
every0ne's all pro marvel to see facts. Dc intended launching dceu with batman begins do you kn0w? But n0lan was against it. They tried with supes return but failed. And in 2007, do u knw there was a green arrow film in development then? That would've included Lex, joker and references to the dcu. 0ne thing u need to kn0w, dc isn't an independent studio like marvel, if they were we w0n't be saying this. Marvel was able to take risks as a studio but WB didn't see the profit in other characters of dc but supes and bats. Why do u think dc does well in animati0n and tv? Wb are less c0ncerned with dc making the decisi0n but in m0vies, its WB. And to c0rrect ur n0ti0n of n0lan, n0lan handling jl would've been disaster <acti0n wise> yes he does well st0ry wise but...take a l0ok at tdkr fight, it l0oked like 2 igbo men fighting over land. No acti0n at all. How would u do a jl film where u have 7 superheroes fighting like gals with darkseid? N0lan is go0d but u must agree, he can't do jl. N0lan knew this. The only film in dcu n0lan could direct is sand man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.