Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1295581 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2016
Minemrys:

king Tchaka Tchaka or Tshabalala whatever, died before the war. Seriously in CW, i wasn't expecting any casualty based on the t0ne, to me it was m0re of a clash of difference than a war e.g the kind quarrell wey our w0men dy quarrell for market, later if them cum house dem go cum dy beg each other 4 maggi and salt. To me the stakes in TWS was so high that even though i knew Chris evans still had m0re films on his c0ntract, i felt captain america would die. In TWS u just couldn't trust anybody, at a time i felt Black widow was a hydra agent and falc0n, a spy for Pearce.
You, my friend, are seriously paranoid. The only person I thought was going to die was the Winter Soldier. But then, I've read a bit of the comics so I can't put myself in your shoes. Bro, don't insult Civil War. Zemo came really close to tearing them apart. And they're not exactly the merry band they once were. There will definitely be a bit of tension between them when they team up for Infinity War.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:57pm On May 16, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I no really dey watch flash.
honestly,I was just hoping he bust out of that his burial ground after sufficient healing.
or maybe they introduce the Martian and he throws superman into the sun.
introducing martian manhunter to throw supes into the sun? Haba thats a little too c0nvenient. Supes bursting out of the grave l0oks badass. Thats why i say dy should keep supes in a dream world till he fights to c0me back [legend of the seeker "valley of perditi0n" etc]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 3:57pm On May 16, 2016
TonySpike:

This is the wikipedia definition of war, note the bolded:

War is a state of armed conflict between societies. It is generally characterized by extreme collective aggression, destruction, and usually high mortality. An absence of war is usually called "peace". Total war is warfare that is not restricted to purely legitimate military targets, and can result in massive civilian or other non-combatant casualties

You see, these words: WAR, BLOODSHED and CASUALTIES, are mutually related. So, if there were no casualties, that was just a brawl, as simple as that.
It also clearly states "...and can result..." which implies that it's a possibility. If it had stated "and will result..." or "and must result...", then your point would have been valid.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 4:00pm On May 16, 2016
Kaycee7:
I think, and there are rumors, that a lot of folks won't survive Infinity War: Part One. Cap and Tony are top on my list.
Tony and cap go survive,
maybe till infinity war part 2.
but hawkeye should've stayed retired. maybe we kill war machine for real this time,
but mostly hawkeye after showing us that his wife is pregnant again.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
Minemrys:

introducing martian manhunter to throw supes into the sun? Haba thats a little too c0nvenient. Supes bursting out of the grave l0oks badass. Thats why i say dy should keep supes in a dream world till he fights to c0me back [legend of the seeker "valley of perditi0n" etc]
I get what you're going for now with the seeker reference,don't you think it will take too much time we need to give screen time to other league members.
you know am certain I didn't come up with that "manhunter sun story" I must've seen it somewhere.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:24pm On May 16, 2016
Minemrys:

i hope they keep superman in a matrix kinda simulati0n ala The flash "the runaway din0saur" where he fights to c0me back and c0mes back like Barry allen, a changed man/hero. Let them fix clark kents death. Say he was injured and didn't die and was taken in by s0me old lady or Lana.

The first scene of Justice league is a montage called "Cave Man", I read it in the news. What could Cave Man mean, wandering superman?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I get what you're going for now with the seeker reference,don't you think it will take too much time we need to give screen time to other league members.
you know am certain I didn't come up with that "manhunter sun story" I must've seen it somewhere.
Smallville. After Clark lost his powers and was fatally wounded by a mind-controlled Green Arrow, the Martian Manhunter takes him to the sun to revive him. The Manhunter loses his powers in the process though, as the sun affects him negatively.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:14pm On May 16, 2016
TonySpike:

The first scene of Justice league is a montage called "Cave Man", I read it in the news. What could Cave Man mean, wandering superman?
i heard caveman was the working title though. But caveman could refer to the early war between the humans, amaz0ns, and atlanteans against darkseid. But why make supes a wanderer when thats what he's been doing since M0s and BvS? If thats their plan, all the m0re reas0n to have snyder fired.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:18pm On May 16, 2016
Kaycee7:
Smallville. After Clark lost his powers and was fatally wounded by a mind-controlled Green Arrow, the Martian Manhunter takes him to the sun to revive him. The Manhunter loses his powers in the process though, as the sun affects him negatively.
putting supes in simulati0n for 10 mins isn't a bad idea. That way u could have martha, lois, perry show up without them taking part in the main st0ry. They could have flash pull him out with help fr0m cyborg. I wish cisco was in JL. And that smallville martian st0ry is lame and too easy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:27pm On May 16, 2016
Hey guys, i heard katie lance (sorry katie cassidy) was cast in JL as black canary. Is it true?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:38pm On May 16, 2016
Minemrys:
Hey guys, i heard katie lance (sorry katie cassidy) was cast in JL as black canary. Is it true?
I'll check the news. By the way, what do you think about the extraterrestrial and "alienistic" approach DCEU is taking for its movies. It seems these movies would be mythological and battle like, or so to say 300-like sequences. I suspect this is Snyder's unadulterated signature everywhere.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:05pm On May 16, 2016
TonySpike:

I'll check the news. By the way, what do you think about the extraterrestrial and "alienistic" approach DCEU is taking for its movies. It seems these movies would be mythological and battle like, or so to say 300-like sequences. I suspect this is Snyder's unadulterated signature everywhere.
if it helps the st0ry, g0od. If it doesn't, i guess it'll really show.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:22pm On May 16, 2016
TonySpike:
I just compared the International box office of BvS and Civil War, It seems BVS did badly in China. They need to get more followership in China for their next movies.
They don't need any follower ship. The Chinese are brilliant enough to know Zack Snyder is the problem with the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Strawman: 11:33pm On May 16, 2016
Minemrys and sircumalot, I've got bad (?) news for you guys.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is set up in what is known as the New 52 era in the comics, where Martian Manhunter is not a member of the Justice League, but instead is replaced by Cyborg (who's had a cameo appearance in BvS).

So I doubt they'd be introducing Manhunter anytime soon.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Strawman:
Minemrys and sircumalot, I've got bad (?) news for you guys.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is set up in what is known as the New 52 era in the comics, where Martian Manhunter is not a member of the Justice League, but instead is replaced by Cyborg (who's had a cameo appearance in BvS).

So I doubt they'd be introducing Manhunter anytime soon.
yea, am aware of that. The way i see it, they plan on introducing manhunter via espi0nage. Thus making manhunter an ARGUS agent.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:05am On May 17, 2016
I don't seem to fancy this new 52 era and the stories therein. The stories seem so warped too. You know the TV flash series is also based on new 52 era, that was why they had 52 portals that opened during the timeline breach.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Strawman: 10:05am On May 17, 2016
Minemrys:

yea, am aware of that. The way i see it, they plan on introducing manhunter via espi0nage. Thus making manhunter an ARGUS agent.

Well maybe. But in case they aren't planning on introducing him anytime soon, I think time-travel (The Flash) would be an interesting way to bring back Superman tho.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Strawman: 10:17am On May 17, 2016
TonySpike:
I don't seem to fancy this new 52 era and the stories therein. The stories seem so warped too. You know the TV flash series is also based on new 52 era, that was why they had 52 portals that opened during the timeline breach.

Yh people who liked the classic DC storyline would find faults in the New 52. DC just tried to make everything look cooler by changing everything.

At least New 52 Superman doesn't wear a pant outside his trousers undecided

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2016
Strawman:

Yh people who liked the classic DC storyline would find faults in the New 52. DC just tried to make everything look cooler by changing everything.

At least New 52 Superman doesn't wear a pant outside his trousers undecided
Yeah, took supes 80years to figure that out
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:45am On May 17, 2016
Kaycee7:
I think, and there are rumors, that a lot of folks won't survive Infinity War: Part One. Cap and Tony are top on my list.
doubt it...this guys are every box offices dream....chris evans and robert downey are the two main reasons why the avengers movie are guaranteed success in the box office,there is no way the executives will even think of that
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick9(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2016
Raalsalghul:
They don't need any follower ship. The Chinese are brilliant enough to know Zack Snyder is the problem with the DCEU.
i think DC has realized that they made a mistake in Snyder which is why they have made ben affleck to direct his solo batman movie and also as an executive producer in justice league.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:02am On May 17, 2016
kendrick9:
i think DC has realized that they made a mistake in Snyder which is why they have made ben affleck to direct his solo batman movie and also as an executive producer in justice league.

I personally think Snyder played his role well to some extent, but the problem of the DCEU has always been weak stories and unfaithful plotlines which I hope Chris Terrio will sort out. Ben Affleck coming on board will also help improve character development and help juice up the story. Affleck is the main reason why Goyer with Terrio was replaced also. I also personally think Snyder has a good vision for DCEU in terms of successive movie development but they have been unable to create concrete stories that can carry the crowd.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:06am On May 17, 2016
Yes, fresh news from the vine:

Warner Bros and DCEU are developing a Harley Quinn movie which will majorly be a female ensemble-like movie. Now, it seems Man of Steel might not be getting a sequel, I just hope this proposed movie will not take the second untitled movie slot announced by Warner Bros. Batgirl (Jena Malone) will be featuring in this movie also and most likely The Joker.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:36pm On May 17, 2016
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:06pm On May 17, 2016
Strawman:

Well maybe. But in case they aren't planning on introducing him anytime soon, I think time-travel (The Flash) would be an interesting way to bring back Superman tho.
n0. Thats too cheap and cliche. Leave time travel for the flash m0vie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:34pm On May 17, 2016
Green Lantern to appear in this week's episode of Legends of Tom0rrow
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:26pm On May 18, 2016
A THESIS ON MAN OF STEEL

Quite an interesting video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:41pm On May 18, 2016
I heard that there's been a creative re-organisation at the DC Comics. For records' sake, Snyder is in charge of Justice League movie grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:59pm On May 19, 2016
The updated slate of movies from the DCEU:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – March 25, 2016
Suicide Squad – August 5, 2016
Wonder Woman – June 2, 2017
Justice League Part One – November 17, 2017
The Flash – March 16, 2018
Aquaman – July 27, 2018
Untitled Movie – October 5, 2018 (The Batman, maybe?)
Shazam – April 5, 2019
Justice League Part Two – June 14, 2019
Untitled Movie – November 1, 2019 (Man of Steel 2, maybe?)
Cyborg – April 3, 2020
Green Lantern Corps – July 24, 2020
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:05pm On May 19, 2016
Anyone notice what is happening here? Snyder is one hell of a crazy director who loves details...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFO4cruwTIc/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:52pm On May 19, 2016
Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow epic four part crossover is being planned for this Fall. What do you guys think about this?

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/19/supergirl-arrow-the-flash-and-legends-crossover-planned/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2016
TonySpike:
Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow epic four part crossover is being planned for this Fall. What do you guys think about this?

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/19/supergirl-arrow-the-flash-and-legends-crossover-planned/
I loathe that Supergirl show. It feels alot like Power Rangers on Nickelodeon. Now these people are tempting me to watch it. Or maybe I'll not. It's not like I need to follow her series to understand and enjoy the crossover.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija β€œAll Starsβ€œ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.