Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,423 members, 7,958,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1299172 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:51am On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

That leipzig airport in CACW was functional but cordoned off. I wonder how a cordoned airport had no heavy security presence? Also, I wonder how much it cost a normal government to release its international airport for fights? I see no wisdom in staging the fight in the airport environs. Imagine the number of planes with public and private infrastructures that would have been damaged?
I'm a bit lost here. Was it real-life government that cordoned the airport off or was it the in-movie government?
Minemrys:

if the airport wasn't functi0nal why was CA there? And what were those crafts doing there?
Exactly, CA was there because the airport was not functional. Even when airports aren't functioning, some of their hangars are used to park unused planes. Like I asked before, do you expect CA & WS, 2 internationally wanted men, to hijack a plane in a fully functional airport? I thought you didn't need spoon feeding.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:33am On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:
I'm a bit lost here. Was it real-life government that cordoned the airport off or was it the in-movie government?

Exactly, CA was there because the airport was not functional. Even when airports aren't functioning, some of their hangars are used to park unused planes. Like I asked before, do you expect CA & WS, 2 internationally wanted men, to hijack a plane in a fully functional airport? I thought you didn't need spoon feeding.

Is it logical for any government to cordone off an airport because of Captain America and his friends, without the military or any other form of security personnel present? It makes no sense, that's my point. If you paid attention to that movie, you will remember that the airport was indeed very functional but was cordoned off to allow that fight to take place. Infact, it was mentioned in the dialogues.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

Is it logical for any government to cordone off an airport because of Captain America and his friends, without the military or any other form of security personnel present? It makes no sense, that's my point. If you paid attention to that movie, you will remember that the airport was indeed very functional but was cordoned off to allow that fight to take place. Infact, it was mentioned in the dialogues.

If you had paid attention you world have noticed Tony Stark asking the Secretary of State for permission to arrest Cap himself. Ross refused initially and wanted to send in the military and Stark reminded him that ordinary humans would be unable to contain them if they didn't want to be held. He asked for 72 hours and was granted 36 hours.

Stark tracked Cap and friends at the airport and evacuated it. The cordone makes perfect sense when you consider the damage that had already been inflicted when civilians were hurt in Lagos, and it makes more sense to exclude the military as they were not up to the task. You send a thief to catch a thief
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

I just re-watched that part now. The airport was evacuated not cordoned off. Stark was just planning ahead. He knew that there was no possibility of CA coming along without a fight. So he got civilians out of the way first. About Security personnel, since signing the Accords, The Avengers are security personnel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:03am On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:
I just re-watched that part now. The airport was evacuated not cordoned off. Stark was just planning ahead. He knew that there was no possibility of CA coming along without a fight. So he got civilians out of the way first. About Security personnel, since signing the Accords, The Avengers are security personnel.
But at least, we agree that the airport was indeed very functional but only evacuated, right? My response was related to the airport not being functional in the very least. Now, let us think about all those functional plane fleets that were damaged in that fight...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:07am On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:

u see. You are the one c0nfusing yourself. Why was CA there in the 1st place? If it was to hijack a plane why would functi0nal planes be left on a n0n functi0nal airp0rt?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2016
Minemrys:

i never saw any0ne die 0nscreen in lagos in CW. And u d0n't expect them to sp0on feed u.
I'm talking about the empty streets of Gotham grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

But at least, we agree that the airport was indeed very functional but only evacuated, right? My response was related to the airport not being functional in the very least. Now, let us think about all those functional plane fleets that were damaged in that fight...
So your point is?

Minemrys:

u see. You are the one c0nfusing yourself. Why was CA there in the 1st place? If it was to hijack a plane why would functi0nal planes be left on a n0n functi0nal airp0rt?
Minemrys, usually you're making sense and then sometimes you start arguing like you kept your brain in the fridge. Even if the airport wasn't functioning, I mentioned that the hangars could be in use. Now I've re-watched that part to get my details in order, the airport was functioning, then evacuated and Hawkeye mentioned that he had a bird on the premises. However, you check it, it checks out.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:18pm On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:
So your point is?

Minemrys, usually you're making sense and then sometimes you start arguing like you kept your brain in the fridge. Even if the airport wasn't functioning, I mentioned that the hangars could be in use. Now I've re-watched that part to get my details in order, the airport was functioning, then evacuated and Hawkeye mentioned that he had a bird on the premises. However, you check it, it checks out.
Now, my point is that the argument is settled. Come over to my office and let us bond over a cup of coffee now. grin

By the way, the winter temperature here is getting crazy...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

Now, my point is that the argument is settled. Come over to my office and let us bond over a cup of coffee now. grin

By the way, the winter temperature here is getting crazy...lol
I'ld love a cup. But my boss has me tied down with an assignment. A rain-check, if you don't mind.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:54pm On May 25, 2016
Isn't this DC GIF so cool?

[img]http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Frlsh%2Fimages%2F6%2F62%2FDC-Logo.gif&key=YjVP0mHtSiz6_P6-Ba0Abw&w=800&h[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2016
Finally, after so long, I'm going to watch :
Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice.

Let me develop my own opinion about the movie. I'm tired of hearing other people's opinion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:54pm On May 26, 2016
Kaycee7:
Finally, after so long, I'm going to watch :
Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice.

Let me develop my own opinion about the movie. I'm tired of hearing other people's opinion.

I hope you got a very clear bootleg copy to watch or will it be at the cinema? You won't appreciate the visuals of Snyder if you don't have a clear copy. I re-watched it last week too. Be sure to watch out for, "ding ding ding, ding ding ding"...lol

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:15pm On May 26, 2016
TonySpike:

I hope you got a very clear bootleg copy to watch or will it be at the cinema? You won't appreciate the visuals of Snyder if you don't have a clear copy. I re-watched it last week too. Be sure to watch out for, "ding ding ding, ding ding ding"...lol
It's not very clear, HDTC. But it was the best I could find on limited data and I'm tired of waiting for a clear version. I previewed it a bit and the quality seems manageable.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:22am On May 27, 2016
Finished Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice.

My thoughts on BvS:

I think there are 2 different BvS movies being circulated. I hear people calling BvS a waste of time and money, boring, senseless and dull. Thankfully, that was not the BvS I watched yesterday night. What I watched yesterday night was definitely not a waste of time and money, may seem boring to anyone who enjoys senseless action and senseless to someone lacking sense. I think people now expect every superhero movie out there to be a popcorn action flick, but it doesn't have to be so. BvS was more of drama at the beginning with little but awesome action scenes and then the big fights from the 2nd half of the movie. Sure, there were a few drawbacks. Eisenberg played a nice villain that I would have enjoyed otherwise, sadly that villain was not Lex Luthor. Doomsday CGI was bad, really horrible. And maybe one or two other flaws that I haven't noticed yet. But this movie definitely does not deserve the hate it has been getting.
All in all, this is an awesome superhero flick. I will not call it a must watch. Not everyone has the intellectual capability to appreciate the appeal of this movie. But it is definitely not a bad movie. It should be on any list of great superhero movies. The acting was on point. Affleck and Gadot quelled any doubts I had and Cavill put up a good show. I rate this movie 8/10.

Snyder does need help obviously but DC's cinematic universe seems to be getting off to it's own good start.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:57am On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:
It's not very clear, HDTC. But it was the best I could find on limited data and I'm tired of waiting for a clear version. I previewed it a bit and the quality seems manageable.
Likewise. i too watched the TC version its clear enough for me though waiting for the 3 hour version.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:59am On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:

My thoughts on BvS:

I think there are 2 different BvS movies being circulated. I hear people calling BvS a waste of time and money, boring, senseless and dull. Thankfully, that was not the BvS I watched yesterday night. What I watched yesterday night was definitely not a waste of time and money, may seem boring to anyone who enjoys senseless action and senseless to someone lacking sense. I think people now expect every superhero movie out there to be a popcorn action flick, but it doesn't have to be so. BvS was more of drama at the beginning with little but awesome action scenes and then the big fights from the 2nd half of the movie. Sure, there were a few drawbacks. Eisenberg played a nice villain that I would have enjoyed otherwise, sadly that villain was not Lex Luthor. Doomsday CGI was bad, really horrible. And maybe one or two other flaws that I haven't noticed yet. But this movie definitely does not deserve the hate it has been getting.
All in all, this is an awesome superhero flick. I will not call it a must watch. Not everyone has the intellectual capability to appreciate the appeal of this movie. But it is definitely not a bad movie. It should be on any list of great superhero movies. The acting was on point. Affleck and Gadot quelled any doubts I had and Cavill put up a good show. I rate this movie 8/10.

Snyder does need help obviously but DC's cinematic universe seems to be getting off to it's own good start.
Now we are on the same page bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:44pm On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:

My thoughts on BvS:

Cool analysis and frankly spelt out also. I think lack of attention and impatience is the major problem many people have with BVS. If you're attentive and thoughtful enough, you'll get the gist of the movie otherwise it will look like a sordid mess to you. The movie clearly has very few dialogues and many visual content and facial gestures, which makes it a most unusual production style for many movie watchers. At least, it seems we both agree that Zack Snyder shouldn't be discarded but assisted. He makes one of the best visuals for movies and you can't get that elsewhere.

What I fail to understand is the bandwagon critical reviews and hatred that followed the movie premiere, it was unprecedented and callous. It wasn't as bad as was depicted!

Raalsalghul, here is another cool fellow who thinks Snyder shouldn't be booted out afterall... grin grin grin

Ding ding ding, ding ding ding!!! Stephenwolf is coming for the motherboxes!!! Cyborg is in trouble!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:50pm On May 27, 2016
TonySpike:
This is the trailer of the latest DC show, a comedy superhero show called POWERLES[/i]S. The show will run on NBC and will begin in about 3 months from now (not exactly sure). This is the official synopsis from wikipedia:

"[i]Powerless" is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains
"

Here's is the trailer of this TV series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGC6x2mc_W8

The show looks promising though. What do you guys think?

Oops, this video has been taken down by NBC. I heard somebody within NBC leaked this promotional trailer without permission. The first season of this TV show has just been ordered from DC by NBC.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2016
TonySpike:

Cool analysis and frankly spelt out also. I think lack of attention and impatience is the major problem many people have with BVS. If you're attentive and thoughtful enough, you'll get the gist of the movie otherwise it will look like a sordid mess to you. The movie clearly has very few dialogues and many visual content and facial gestures, which makes it a most unusual production style for many movie watchers. At least, it seems we both agree that Zack Snyder shouldn't be discarded but assisted. He makes one of the best visuals for movies and you can't get that elsewhere.

What I fail to understand is the bandwagon critical reviews and hatred that followed the movie premiere, it was unprecedented and callous. It wasn't as bad as was depicted!

Raasalghul, here is another cool fellow who thinks Snyder shouldn't be booted out afterall... grin grin grin

Ding ding ding, ding ding ding!!! Stephenwolf is coming for the motherboxes!!! Cyborg is in trouble!!!
I read a review some weeks back where the reviewer said "I tried to like this movie but I just couldn't". I want to see the foul mouthed liar now (can' remember which site exactly). You can't try to like BvS and not like it. Frankly you don't need to try. I wasn't even halfway into the movie and I already knew critics were just hating. I wonder who sponsored the hate fest because seriously it's suspicious to me. The way people were goin all "It's horrible" and all that, I thought it would be worse than 300: Rise of an Empire. Anyway, na their mouth abi keyboard. As for me, can't wait for Wonder Woman.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, her conversation with Bruce at Kal-El's burial just inflated my head.

Diana: A 100 years ago, I walked away from mankind. From the century of horrors. Man made a world where standing together is impossible.
Bruce's answer was generic alright but the way Affleck delivered it. His Batman might trump every other cinematic Bat so far.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:40pm On May 27, 2016
TonySpike:

Raalsalghul, here is another cool fellow who thinks Snyder shouldn't be booted out afterall... grin grin grin

When Justice League under performs at the box office just like BvS, your point of view will change. Dude should be booted out: two strikes now, we don't need a third one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2016
Raalsalghul:
When Justice League under performs at the box office just like BvS, your point of view will change. Dude should be booted out: two strikes now, we don't need a third one.
And I've asked you b4, who would you replace him with?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:44pm On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:
And I've asked you b4, who would you replace him with?
Someone who knows how to tell a coherent story, avoids second-rate CGI and puts his editor in check.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Someone who knows how to tell a coherent story, avoids second-rate CGI and puts his editor in check.
I'm not going to put the defining movie of the DCEU in the hands of an angel I don't know. I'ld rather stick with the devil I know and have an angel watch over him.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:43pm On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:
I'm not going to put the defining movie of the DCEU in the hands of an angel I don't know. I'ld rather stick with the devil I know and have an angel watch over him.
keep saying cool tinz like that and u may one day get to direct a Dc film. Lolx
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:01pm On May 27, 2016
Minemrys:

keep saying cool tinz like that and u may one day get to direct a Dc film. Lolx
Amen bro. Though I don't think I can handle the pressure. If I brush up my writing skills, I'ld like a go at the script though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:34pm On May 27, 2016
I heard that the wonder woman movie budget is $100 million. I'm guessing suicide squad budget should be around $150 million. I think Warner Bros should cut down some of their budgets to get more profits. Too much CGI makes the budget go high too, I believe Synder should learn from Nolan on using realistic movie props for different scenes.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:42pm On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:
I read a review some weeks back where the reviewer said "I tried to like this movie but I just couldn't". I want to see the foul mouthed liar now (can' remember which site exactly). You can't try to like BvS and not like it. Frankly you don't need to try. I wasn't even halfway into the movie and I already knew critics were just hating. I wonder who sponsored the hate fest because seriously it's suspicious to me. The way people were goin all "It's horrible" and all that, I thought it would be worse than 300: Rise of an Empire. Anyway, na their mouth abi keyboard. As for me, can't wait for Wonder Woman.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, her conversation with Bruce at Kal-El's burial just inflated my head.

Diana: A 100 years ago, I walked away from mankind. From the century of horrors. Man made a world where standing together is impossible.
Bruce's answer was generic alright but the way Affleck delivered it. His Batman might trump every other cinematic Bat so far.

I suspect Disney is doing something to promote their own movies. I can't say if they influenced BVS reviews, but all Disney movies have received awesome reviews this year. Besides, Disney is making an aggressive campaign to buy up any franchise that can be bought. Bad reviews for a movie franchise produced by a rival studio is good for Disney. Look at the current X-men reviews, I won't be surprised if Misney makes an attempt to buy that franchise too
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:36pm On May 27, 2016
Kaycee7:
Then sit back, relax and watch as the DCEU ends before it even starts.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:44am On May 28, 2016
Kaycee7:
Amen bro. Though I don't think I can handle the pressure. If I brush up my writing skills, I'ld like a go at the script though.
likewise bro. I've been thinking abt producing a m0vie, if i have the finance i'll definitely try it. Scripting doesn't pay though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:49am On May 28, 2016
TonySpike:
I heard that the wonder woman movie budget is $100 million. I'm guessing suicide squad budget should be around $150 million. I think Warner Bros should cut down some of their budgets to get more profits. Too much CGI makes the budget go high too, I believe Synder should learn from Nolan on using realistic movie props for different scenes.
WW can't be a hundred milli0n. It'll be within the range of 150 milli0n. Since there aren't any big stars it could be possible.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:53am On May 28, 2016
TonySpike:

I suspect Disney is doing something to promote their own movies. I can't say if they influenced BVS reviews, but all Disney movies have received awesome reviews this year. Besides, Disney is making an aggressive campaign to buy up any franchise that can be bought. Bad reviews for a movie franchise produced by a rival studio is good for Disney. Look at the current X-men reviews, I won't be surprised if Misney makes an attempt to buy that franchise too
i've been hearing that for a while but i d0n't think fox would do that. Fox is also a powerhouse oh. They alm0st bought Time Warner recently oh. So can't see how they'll sell x men. Giving disney x men would useless the universe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.