Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226841 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 24, 2016
sontoly:
Saw BVS and I must say that I was highly disappointed, it this is what DC could offer then they r way behind MCU.

Now comes to CACW, this is what u call a blockbuster in 2wks its allready at d 1billion mark, that is d feat DC cant b able to surpass.

As far am concern Marvel is way ahead of DC on this.
Wait for suicide squad to drop , if it fails then dc is fücked
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

Bros, at least commend the movie small na...
the movie sucks ass , the actors try small but the story was ridiculous
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:49pm On May 24, 2016
redrobin:
the movie sucks ass , the actors try small but the story was ridiculous
u d0n watch am?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

You have summarised the whole movie, my friend. CACW was all about Bucky, Bucky and Bucky again and all over again. Even the issue with the Sokovia accords (which should have been the main issue) became buried in the aftermath of the senseless brawls in the movie. The movie, in my opinion, had similar and unforgivable plotholes as BVS, but the action scenes totally masked these loopholes. I was a little bit disappointed with the movie and I am totally shocked that this is what many people want DC movies to be. Seriously, after watching CACW, I concluded that what people want from DC are as thus:

1. More action and combat scenes, even if they are senseless and not needed
2. More cheesy and one-line dialogues that bring some humour to child-like plotlines
3. More bright colours and joyous scenes like Disney cartoons
4. Unserious stories without stakes and deeper intellectual contexts
I was busy typing a looong reply to this, then I stopped and thought, why bother? People will belive what they want to believe. So instead I just found some pics comparing Civil War and BvS. Enjoy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2016
And for my favourite...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:33pm On May 24, 2016
moneyallowed:

I was busy typing a looong reply to this, then I stopped and thought, why bother? People will belive what they want to believe. So instead I just found some pics comparing Civil War and BvS. Enjoy

Those pictures say a lot, hahaha. At least, no more superhero fighting themselves type of movies for the rest of the year. There's nothing like that on DC movies slate at least for the next 3 years...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:38pm On May 24, 2016
But come to think of it, that Granny Peach Tea scene is simply genius of Lex Luthor. He eliminated the evidence (Mercy Graves), witnesses (Senator Finch and the other Senator), sympathizers of superman (Public opinion), haters (Wallace Keefe) and framed up superman himself with just one wheel chair and a bomb. It's a pity the plot development didn't explicitly state the source of Lex's motivations but I can infer that his father did a number on him when he was young...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by moneyallowed(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

Those pictures say a lot, hahaha. At least, no more superhero fighting themselves type of movies for the rest of the year. There's nothing like that on DC movies slate at least for the next 3 years...

Honestly after this year we don't need that for a long while. Like you say there's nothing like that on DC and MCU slate. I think the fact that CW and BvS came out the same year is a blessing in disguise: we've been there and done that, now we can move on to something else

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 5:25pm On May 24, 2016
moneyallowed:

Honestly after this year we don't need that for a long while. Like you say there's nothing like that on DC and MCU slate. I think the fact that CW and BvS came out the same year is a blessing in disguise: we've been there and done that, now we can move on to something else
Now...imagine if DC/WB had stuck with the May 6 date (a date Marvel had first, then DC decided to tempt fate, before they pulled forward)...that could have turned into a potential bloodbath...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:45pm On May 24, 2016
cao:

Now...imagine if DC/WB had stuck with the May 6 date (a date Marvel had first, then DC decided to tempt fate, before they pulled forward)...that could have turned into a potential bloodbath...
Honestly, if that had happened, fans viewing the two movies at adjacent rooms in the same cinema would have exchanged deadly punches after watching them...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

I agree with rapmike that the movie had no real stakes as such. I still think CACW is just an or.gy of street fights. The fights were cool though, but made you forget many plotholes of that movie. The movie is neither spectacular nor innovative, just another formulaic and forgettable production of Misney. We all know how it works: talk a little, then fight for sometime and then talk again, then fight. There are no parts of the movie that leave you challenged, and yet, no intellectual content to make you stimulated.
Couldn't have said it better. Same way I felt after watching it, but nevertheless a good movie though. But Am I the only one who enjoyed BVS fight scenes more than CAWS?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:00pm On May 24, 2016
charlesm91:
Couldn't have said it better. Same way I felt after watching it, but nevertheless a good movie though. But Am I the only one who enjoyed BVS fight scenes more than CAWS?

You are not ALONE...says General Zod of Kandor.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:18pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

You are not ALONE...says General Zod of Kandor.
you are n0t al0ne. Mhen DC really has mem0rable quotes. "you are scared of me because you can't c0ntrol me. You d0n't and you never will but that doesn't mean am your enemy" i alm0st said this line to my lecturer then lolx. Cavill sold it with that line.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:33pm On May 24, 2016
Minemrys:

you are n0t al0ne. Mhen DC really has mem0rable quotes. "you are scared of me because you can't c0ntrol me. You d0n't and you never will but that doesn't mean am your enemy" i alm0st said this line to my lecturer then lolx. Cavill sold it with that line.
I like the line of Faora to that army officer when she said, "A good death is its own reward".
I think Man of Steel was a good movie with unforgettable dialogues unlike BvS. I'd really give Goyer a good grade for those excellent punchlines. I hope he does a good job on the script of the upcoming KRYPTON series.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On May 24, 2016
una just dey make me laugh for this threadgrin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2016
moneyallowed:

I can't stop laughing at this pics you posted. grin grin grin grin

I also found it extremely strange that from all the fight scenes in bvs there were no civilians at all, like say Gotham de empty, grin grin All the wreckage caused by doomsday, no single casualties or people injured.

Great job Zack!! cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:05pm On May 24, 2016
TonySpike:

I like the line of Faora to that army officer when she said, "A good death is its own reward".
I think Man of Steel was a good movie with unforgettable dialogues unlike BvS. I'd really give Goyer a good grade for those excellent punchlines. I hope he does a good job on the script of the upcoming KRYPTON series.
"where did u train at, on a farm?" i said this line to s0me0ne and we alm0st got into a fight.
"thats a 12 milli0n dollar piece of hardware" i got shocked when an igbo bizness man told a guy who broke a beer bottle in his shop. Lolx

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2016
parrotibaba:

I also found it extremely strange that from all the fight scenes in bvs there were no civilians at all, like say Gotham de empty, grin grin All the wreckage caused by doomsday, no single casualties or people injured.

Great job Zack!! cheesy
@ bolded. That's really dark and gritty. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:09pm On May 24, 2016
parrotibaba:

Great job Zack!! cheesy
had it been d0omsday burn pers0n alive n0w, you go talk say Dc bad and has n0 care 4 casualties. Ehm have u forgotten that was an aband0ned site where bats and supes fought earlier?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:09pm On May 24, 2016
parrotibaba:

Great job Zack!! cheesy
had it been dey show d0omsday burn pers0n fada alive n0w, you go talk say Dc bad and has n0 care 4 casualties. Ehm have u forgotten that was an aband0ned site where bats and supes fought earlier?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:13pm On May 24, 2016
Minemrys:

"where did u train at, on a farm?" i said this line to s0me0ne and we alm0st got into a fight.
"thats a 12 milli0n dollar piece of hardware" i got shocked when an igbo bizness man told a guy who broke a beer bottle in his shop. Lolx
IMO, Michael Shannon's Zod lines were just oozing epic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:17pm On May 24, 2016
Kaycee7:
@ bolded. That's really dark and gritty. grin grin
bro, u didn't watch the film. See it again. It was an aband0ned site. And if u still insist on it n0t been an aband0ned site, u d0n't expect the film to show u extras dying when the scene was ab0ut the trinity. Wait oh, how c0me that airport scene in civil war had no regular people or w0rkers? Them go strike? Oh boy e be like say NLC catch that airport too oh.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:20pm On May 24, 2016
Kaycee7:
IMO, Michael Shannon's Zod lines were just oozing epic.
lolx. "its n0t an S on my world it means hope" my guy twisted the line and said, "its n0t my dick on my world it means hope".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:30pm On May 24, 2016
Minemrys:

bro, u didn't watch the film. See it again. It was an aband0ned site. And if u still insist on it n0t been an aband0ned site, u d0n't expect the film to show u extras dying when the scene was ab0ut the trinity. Wait oh, how c0me that airport scene in civil war had no regular people or w0rkers? Them go strike? Oh boy e be like say NLC catch that airport too oh.
Nope. I'm yet to see BvS.

The Civil War airport was obviously not a functioning airport or at least was not functioning at the moment. You don't expect two wanted men to walk into a functioning airport and buy tickets to Siberia, do you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:48pm On May 24, 2016
The doomsday fight in BVS took place at three different locations. The fight initially started around central Metropolis with some destructions to Luthor Towers (serves Lex right). Superman was then able to take the fight to outerspace where both he and doomsday were nuked. On approaching earth, doomsday landed on Stryker's Island, which is midway between Gotham and Metropolis, and also uninhabited. Batman was able to lure doomsday out of this Island with his jet, to an abandoned section of Gotham, apparently owned by Bruce Wayne. This last location carries a lot of memory for Batman as this is most likely where Jason Todd was killed by the Joker. This location was also where Batman and Superman fought just before the doomsday battle.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:55pm On May 24, 2016
Kaycee7:

The Civil War airport was obviously not a functioning airport or at least was not functioning at the moment. You don't expect two wanted men to walk into a functioning airport and buy tickets to Siberia, do you?
That leipzig airport in CACW was functional but cordoned off. I wonder how a cordoned airport had no heavy security presence? Also, I wonder how much it cost a normal government to release its international airport for fights? I see no wisdom in staging the fight in the airport environs. Imagine the number of planes with public and private infrastructures that would have been damaged?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2016
Minemrys:

had it been dey show d0omsday burn pers0n fada alive n0w, you go talk say Dc bad and has n0 care 4 casualties. Ehm have u forgotten that was an aband0ned site where bats and supes fought earlier?
why will I say that DC is bad when there's civilian casualties in bvs? People no die for Lah-gos in civil war? The scene where batman and Callan were in a chase, firing shots and missiles at each other how many civilians did you see there? E just be like say Gotham na one virus infected city where like 20 people lives. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:02am On May 25, 2016
parrotibaba:
why will I say that DC is bad when there's civilian casualties in bvs? People no die for Lah-gos in civil war? The scene where batman and Callan were in a chase, firing shots and missiles at each other how many civilians did you see there? E just be like say Gotham na one virus infected city where like 20 people lives. grin grin
i never saw any0ne die 0nscreen in lagos in CW. And u d0n't expect them to sp0on feed u.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:06am On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:

if the airport wasn't functi0nal why was CA there? And what were those crafts doing there?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:08am On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:
The doomsday fight in BVS took place at three different locations. The fight initially started around central Metropolis with some destructions to Luthor Towers (serves Lex right). Superman was then able to take the fight to outerspace where both he and doomsday were nuked. On approaching earth, doomsday landed on Stryker's Island, which is midway between Gotham and Metropolis, and also uninhabited. Batman was able to lure doomsday out of this Island with his jet, to an abandoned section of Gotham, apparently owned by Bruce Wayne. This last location carries a lot of memory for Batman as this is most likely where Jason Todd was killed by the Joker. This location was also where Batman and Superman fought just before the doomsday battle.
thanks bro. You d0n't expect them to sp0on feed u. Thats why its a film and n0t a documentary.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by rapmike(m): 4:18am On May 25, 2016
TonySpike:

You have summarised the whole movie, my friend. CACW was all about Bucky, Bucky and Bucky again and all over again. Even the issue with the Sokovia accords (which should have been the main issue) became buried in the aftermath of the senseless brawls in the movie. The movie, in my opinion, had similar and unforgivable plotholes as BVS, but the action scenes totally masked these loopholes. I was a little bit disappointed with the movie and I am totally shocked that this is what many people want DC movies to be. Seriously, after watching CACW, I concluded that what people want from DC are as thus:

1. More action and combat scenes, even if they are senseless and not needed
2. More cheesy and one-line dialogues that bring some humour to child-like plotlines
3. More bright colours and joyous scenes like Disney cartoons
4. Unserious stories without stakes and deeper intellectual contexts

actually, I don't hate CW, but i expected much more from it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by rapmike(m): 4:18am On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:
In the comics, Mystique is Nightcrawler's mom. She conceived him from an affair with Azazel. Though I don't think they will acknowledge it in the movies. The timeline won't make sense.

That makes sense but I doubt many people know this at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.