Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1240843 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonySpike:

I saw this statistics this morning and I was so surprised, BVS: Dawn of Justice on DVD and Blu-ray is selling like hot cake!!! This was the same "shitty CBM" that was so proclaimed by the almighty parrotibaba. It is either that parrotibaba and his ilks are biased critics or people around the world are wasting their hard-earned cash to buy BVS on Blu-ray for $16 (5700 Naira)...lol.

Bro, is Parrotibaba a critic or a fanatic?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
MJBOLT:
You guys should accept the fact that CW is better than BvS and that the MCU will always be better than DCEU
Yes CW is far better than BvS and the MCU will be far better than the DCEU as long as Zack Snyder is attached to it. Snyder should be sacked!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
kryptonian1987:

this is how we know a dying man-child when he's nothing relevant to say again. he'll become arrogant, pompous and very aggressive towards others (like what Parrot is doing now)!

SIGNING OFF, BRO....
This is exactly what I mean grin grin When someone feels inferior in an argument he claims that he's been insulted. Now I officially know your level in the halls of intellectual discourse. I made the mistake of replying you, I apologize to myself for thinking that I was dealing with a bright mind, I never knew that it was with a crybaby who even sucks at that. Next time, find people who relate to your level more, those ones that will be shouting upandan with little or no substance to back up their statements.

This will be my last response to you. Good night!

Oh and remember that advice I gave you, education is fundamental. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:00am On Jul 30, 2016
parrotibaba:
This is exactly what I mean grin grin When someone feels inferior in an argument he claims that he's been insulted. Now I officially know your level in the halls of intellectual discourse. I made the mistake of replying you, I apologize to myself for thinking that I was dealing with a bright mind, I never knew that it was with a crybaby who even sucks at that. Next time, find people who relate to your level more, those ones that will be shouting upandan with little or no substance to back up their statements.

This will be my last response to you. Good night!

Oh and remember that advice I gave you, education is fundamental. grin grin

you see how foolish you're! you keep saying "you're not going to join issues with me, but you're ignorantly and cowardly doing so" lolllll!. MAN-CHILD!!!!!!
is better I show you what "silence is the golden answer" means...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Enough of this marvel DC stuff. Who started it anyway? Friendlyadvice, come clean your handwork.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Minemrys:
Enough of this marvel DC stuff. Who started it anyway? Friendlyadvice, come clean your handwork.
Me? What did I do?
Anyway
#SuicideSquad countdown oya dc nerds join me 5 days to go
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by honorbule(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Too much argument. How marvel success abi CA.CW success tey affecet DC now...all dis Man Chester United guys abi its MCU una be...please pack your shit and go to your boring dead thread. ..stop polluting this thread with your lame agruments..please I beg you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
friendlyadvice:

Me? What did I do?
Anyway
#SuicideSquad countdown oya dc nerds join me 5 days to go
you cause trouble for this board c0me run ba? Lolx. Apologise to parrotibaba and kryptonian1987 oh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Salimmuhammad(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
I was waiting for someone to notice this..

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Minemrys:

you cause trouble for this board c0me run ba? Lolx. Apologise to parrotibaba and kryptonian1987 oh

lol! don't worry, by next week Sunday we shall resume debate war 2 here again... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Minemrys:

lol! don't worry, by next week Sunday we shall resume debate war 2 here again... grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MrDojo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
HAPPY WEEKEND FAM!!!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO

VOTE MRDOJO FOR MR NAIRALAND, VOTE MRDOJO FOR MR NAIRALAND,
VOTE MRDOJO FOR MR NAIRALAND,VOTE MRDOJO FOR MR NAIRALAND

From All of us @ #TEAMDOJO

We say a big THANK YOU

#TEAMDOJO

Voting starts 01/08/2016... By 10am

cool cool cool cool wink wink
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Salimmuhammad:
TF!! Nigga looks so gay. That second pic no even make am at all. Seems season 2 of Supergirl ll be just as bad as season 1
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
As far as this DC vs Marvel jagbajantis goes, there's really no need for long epistles and cool stories. I still stand by the prophecy i made earlier this yr....
"As far as 2016 is consigned, DC will always remain in second place".

Lets start looking forward to 2017. Maybe DC can mount a comeback. For their own sake, i really hope so tho.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
Minemrys:

Ehen? I tantalize una with sneak pix from suicide squad and this is the thanks I get?
*storms out of thread*
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Keep crying

Civil War vs BvS

Bigger Domestic Box Office: Civil War
Bigger Worldwide Box Office: Civil War
Better IMDb Score: Civil War
Better Rotten Tomatoes Critical Score: Civil War
Better Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score: Civil War
Better CinemaScore: Civil War
Better Word of Mouth: Civil War
Smaller Box Office Drops: Civil War
Better Movie: Civil War
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
And so the cycle begins....

DC fanboys: "The Avengers looks shitty, The Dark Knight Rises is gonna be epic and will beat The Avengers and DC will be back on top again."

2012:

The Avengers becomes the 3rd Highest Grossing Movie of All Time with $1.5 Billion Dollars and has 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and an A+ CinemaScore from the audience, The Dark Knight Rises not even in the top 20 highest grossing movies of all time grossing $500 Million Dollars less than The Avengers did, 87% on Rotten Tomatoes because critics received death threats but still the best it can don and A CinemaScore, Marvel won marginally

Nolan's trilogy concluded, DCCU announced with Man of Steel and Zack Snyder as director, DC fanboys: "Pfffft Marvel is nothing, now that DC has started their cinematic universe it will eclipse Marvel's, Iron Man 3 will fail at the box office and Man of Steel is gonna do a Billion Dollars maybe more and maybe will outgross The Avengers because he's the most iconic and beloved superhero of all time, the DCEU has come goodbye Marvel"

Man of Steel ROTTEN with the critics at 56%, Marvel kept its winning streak and Certified Fresh hits for over 13 movies while DC failed on their first try with Man of Steel the beginning of their universe receiving a 56% ROTTEN rating, DC failed from the get-go and its universe was 100% Rotten while Marvel's is 100% Fresh after 13 movies, not only this, but Man of Steel only managed to gross $668 Million Dollars ߘ°ߘ losing money to the studio (over $17 Million Dollars according to Forbes) being deemed a FLOP and a box office bomb, while Iron Man 3 grossed $1.2 Billion Dollars and it's about an obscure character that 5 years ago no one know who he is yet he still managed to outgross the oldest greatest most iconic and most popular and most beloved superhero of all time which is Superman because DC can't make a proper movie, Zack Snyder's job is at risk because the movie flopped and lost money to the studio, they cancel Man of Steel 2 and decide to bring in their savior Batman in a desperate attempt to catch up with Marvel, Marvel having made the Highest Grossing Movie of the year for a second year in a row (2012 it was The Avengers) and now has two movies in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time list, with Iron Man 3 also receiving great reviews despite DC stupid idiots saying that it's bad, yet another Certified Fresh hit with 79% on Rotten Tomatoes compared to Man of Steel's 56%, Marvel won easily

2015:

Batfleck is announced, trailer for BvS drops, DC fanboys: "HAHAHAHAHAHHA goodbye Marvel, you're long gone the Dawn of Justice is here Bleep the shitty Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel is finished, Chris Terrio is an Academy Award-winning screenwriter and he's working on the movie it will be great! It will be amazing! It's gonna blow away all the critics and the fans, DC has officially started baby, BvS will outgross both shitty Avengers movies and will hit $2 Billion Dollars at the box office because it has the two most iconic and popular and beloved and ticket-selling superheroes of all time in the TITLE! Bleep Captain America: Civil War that movie was only announced to compete with BvS but it can't it will fail because Marvel sucks and people are sick and tired of cartoonish shitty Marvel movies, Civil War releasing on the same day as BvS is just a publicity stunt and Marvel will back down because they know they can't stop the Dawn, they can't stop the Dawn of Justice the dawn of DC movies receiving great reviews and why shouldn't they? The movie has 5 Oscar-winners, yeah, I think the DCEU willnbe fine thank you very much, Box Office analysts are saying that BvS will hit $1.6 Billion Dollars and outgross both shitty Avengers movies it's gonna gross $2 Billion Dollars!!!! So of coursen $1 Billion is guaranteed and yes the Certified Fresh rating is also guaranteed we have Terrio and Affleck on this, bye bye Marvel"
Meanwhile, Marvel quietly sips tea as the Marvel Cinematic Universe hit $9 Billion Dollars at the box office becoming the Highest Grossing Movie Franchise of All Time, while also achieving success with obscure unknown characters that are extremely ridiculous and dumb but Marvel still nailed it and made American fall in love with them the Guardians of the Galaxy, a walking talking Tree and a talking gun-tooting Racoon while also proving that they can make dark gritty serious movies that fit in to their universe like Captain America: Winter Soldier and its thought-provoking intelligent themes while also achieving major success on the small screen with Daredevil and Jessica Jones which have become the benchmark to gritty surreal television with DD and JJ and the brilliant Agents of SHIELD continuing the in-universe tie-ins and world building to help set-up the movies in more ways than none, they also add yet another entry to the Billion Dollars club with Avengers: Age of Ultron grossing $1.4 Billion Dollars and becoming the sixth highest grossing movie of all time pushing the Marvel Cinematic Universe to $9 Billion Dollars worldwide and making it the Highest Grossing Movie Franchise of All Time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2016

Marvel goes head to head with DC in the clearest most unparalleled challange between the two, each company releases a hero vs hero movie with their two flagship characters in it, DC's flagship characters are much much more popular and known than Marvel's, Marvel adds the Avengers, DC adds the Justice League but they won't need them because there's BATMAN and SUPERMAN in the title and that will sell much more tickets than a movie titled Captain America, nevertheless Marvel stayed confidence, they didn't back down and they didn't run away from DC in the release date wars, DC runs away from Marvel deciding to release Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice on April 2016 with Marvel's Captain America: Civil War releasing on May 2016, this is the clearest most absolute fight between the two companies that we'll ever get, if BvS is more successful than DC will not only catch up with Marvel but they will likely beat them in the foreseeable future, if Marvel wins however then it's over the fight is done DC is knocked out no matter how much hits they will make Marvel will still have double the hits and double the success and if this battle between the two companies was won by Marvel this will teach DC a lesson to not dare steal their release dates or meet up with them or challenge them in any way ever again, this battle was a lot like the battle between Captain America and Iron Man or the battle between Batman and Superman, both sides are evenly matched both sides have their supporters and dedeciated fanboys it's the public's time to decide which does the audience like more? The battle wages on, Marvel CRUSHES, DESTROYS, OBLITERATES, ANNIHILATE, RAPES AND HUMILIATES DC, telling them not to dare to meet up with them again, the underdog Civil War grosses $1.3 Billion Dollars and becomes Marvel's fourth entry in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time, yes that's right about half of the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time are Marvel movies, Civil War becomes the Highest Grossing Movie of the year with $1.3 Billion Dollars with Forbes estimating a profit of about $290-300 Million Dollars for Marvel Studios while the pathetic Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice FLOPS with $850 Million Dollars on a $250 Million Dollars production budget and $150 Million Dollars in marketing costs for a total budget of $400 Million Dollars and since studios get to keep only 50% of the gross then DC Entertainment got back $425 Million Dollars having paid $400 Million Dollars for a total net profit of $25 Million Dollars ߘ°ߘ°ߘ¬ BARELY making up the loss of money with Man of Steel and leaving only $8 Million Dollars for DC to build the rest of their cinematic universe with while all the rest has to be gambled on by Warner, not only did Civil War gross $500 Million Dollars more than BvS which grossed less than half of the expectations had at it but the movie was a HUGE critical flop as well receiving 28% on Rotten Tomatoes with yet ANOTHER Rotten flop continuing the Rotten streak that DC has started with Man of Steel their first entry in the DC Extended Universe which was also a critical flop and a box office bomb like BvS while Marvel continues the tradition and the streak with yet another Certified Fresh hit as Civil War received a whopping mind blowing ridiculous 98% with the critics on Rotten Tomatoes, Marvel furthers their curb stomp as Civil War receives 8.3/10 on IMDb and an A+ CinemaScore with 85% on Metacritic while BvS received a 6.8/10 on IMDb and a B- CinemaScore with 45% on Metacritic, in the direct battle between the two, the battle that will decide their cinematic fates, that clearest closest most unparalleled battle between the two companies, Marvel won, Marvel curbstomped DC

Now

After DC was humiliated by Marvel and had their third movie in a row being defeated by a Marvel movie at a direct battle they admit their defeat, they're not gonna even try to go up against Marvel ever again, they're just gonna do their own thing different from Marvel hoping that their fans won't embarrass them ever again, they admit BvS was a flop they fire half of the executive team who worked on the film, Zack Snyder's job is in jeopardy, his wife who is a major executive at Warner keeps him but only for one movie as Justice League Part 2 is cancelled and Justice League Part 1 becoming just Justice League and them pushing its date further with Cyborg being cancelled and the Flash director leaving the movie, DC hires Geoff Jones as the head of DC Entertainment, DC whores up Harley Quinn and has several reshoots to add humor to Suicide Squad, they also add a lot of humor and comedy for both the Justice League and Wonder Woman to try and appeal to more people by copying Marvel hoping to get some of their success, not to compete with them but in a desperate attemptt to get the people's approval, they know they can't compete with Marvel, they know they've already lost.

DC fanboys: "BYE BYE MARVEL!!!"

ߘ頉 mean have you not learned anything in the past 5 years? STOP making a fool out of yourselves, you bet on the wrong horse, you lost, accept it, don't be such a sore loser

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
MJBOLT:
Keep crying

Civil War vs BvS

Bigger Domestic Box Office: Civil War
Bigger Worldwide Box Office: Civil War
Better IMDb Score: Civil War
Better Rotten Tomatoes Critical Score: Civil War
Better Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score: Civil War
Better CinemaScore: Civil War
Better Word of Mouth: Civil War
Smaller Box Office Drops: Civil War
Better Movie: Civil War
I dont get are they arguing about all that, its ok naa u guys no dey rest by the way this is a DC thread why not do it on the marvel thread.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
MJBOLT:

Marvel goes head to head with DC in the clearest most unparalleled challange between the two, each company releases a hero vs hero movie with their two flagship characters in it, DC's flagship characters are much much more popular and known than Marvel's, Marvel adds the Avengers, DC adds the Justice League but they won't need them because there's BATMAN and SUPERMAN in the title and that will sell much more tickets than a movie titled Captain America, nevertheless Marvel stayed confidence, they didn't back down and they didn't run away from DC in the release date wars, DC runs away from Marvel deciding to release Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice on April 2016 with Marvel's Captain America: Civil War releasing on May 2016, this is the clearest most absolute fight between the two companies that we'll ever get, if BvS is more successful than DC will not only catch up with Marvel but they will likely beat them in the foreseeable future, if Marvel wins however then it's over the fight is done DC is knocked out no matter how much hits they will make Marvel will still have double the hits and double the success and if this battle between the two companies was won by Marvel this will teach DC a lesson to not dare steal their release dates or meet up with them or challenge them in any way ever again, this battle was a lot like the battle between Captain America and Iron Man or the battle between Batman and Superman, both sides are evenly matched both sides have their supporters and dedeciated fanboys it's the public's time to decide which does the audience like more? The battle wages on, Marvel CRUSHES, DESTROYS, OBLITERATES, ANNIHILATE, RAPES AND HUMILIATES DC, telling them not to dare to meet up with them again, the underdog Civil War grosses $1.3 Billion Dollars and becomes Marvel's fourth entry in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time, yes that's right about half of the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time are Marvel movies, Civil War becomes the Highest Grossing Movie of the year with $1.3 Billion Dollars with Forbes estimating a profit of about $290-300 Million Dollars for Marvel Studios while the pathetic Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice FLOPS with $850 Million Dollars on a $250 Million Dollars production budget and $150 Million Dollars in marketing costs for a total budget of $400 Million Dollars and since studios get to keep only 50% of the gross then DC Entertainment got back $425 Million Dollars having paid $400 Million Dollars for a total net profit of $25 Million Dollars ߘ°ߘ°ߘ¬ BARELY making up the loss of money with Man of Steel and leaving only $8 Million Dollars for DC to build the rest of their cinematic universe with while all the rest has to be gambled on by Warner, not only did Civil War gross $500 Million Dollars more than BvS which grossed less than half of the expectations had at it but the movie was a HUGE critical flop as well receiving 28% on Rotten Tomatoes with yet ANOTHER Rotten flop continuing the Rotten streak that DC has started with Man of Steel their first entry in the DC Extended Universe which was also a critical flop and a box office bomb like BvS while Marvel continues the tradition and the streak with yet another Certified Fresh hit as Civil War received a whopping mind blowing ridiculous 98% with the critics on Rotten Tomatoes, Marvel furthers their curb stomp as Civil War receives 8.3/10 on IMDb and an A+ CinemaScore with 85% on Metacritic while BvS received a 6.8/10 on IMDb and a B- CinemaScore with 45% on Metacritic, in the direct battle between the two, the battle that will decide their cinematic fates, that clearest closest most unparalleled battle between the two companies, Marvel won, Marvel curbstomped DC

Now

After DC was humiliated by Marvel and had their third movie in a row being defeated by a Marvel movie at a direct battle they admit their defeat, they're not gonna even try to go up against Marvel ever again, they're just gonna do their own thing different from Marvel hoping that their fans won't embarrass them ever again, they admit BvS was a flop they fire half of the executive team who worked on the film, Zack Snyder's job is in jeopardy, his wife who is a major executive at Warner keeps him but only for one movie as Justice League Part 2 is cancelled and Justice League Part 1 becoming just Justice League and them pushing its date further with Cyborg being cancelled and the Flash director leaving the movie, DC hires Geoff Jones as the head of DC Entertainment, DC whores up Harley Quinn and has several reshoots to add humor to Suicide Squad, they also add a lot of humor and comedy for both the Justice League and Wonder Woman to try and appeal to more people by copying Marvel hoping to get some of their success, not to compete with them but in a desperate attemptt to get the people's approval, they know they can't compete with Marvel, they know they've already lost.

DC fanboys: "BYE BYE MARVEL!!!"

ߘ頉 mean have you not learned anything in the past 5 years? STOP making a fool out of yourselves, you bet on the wrong horse, you lost, accept it, don't be such a sore loser
Lol. Bruh there's really no need for long epistles. I dont know where u people and especially parrot get the strength to go on long streaks of arguments lai dis.

Even with everything u typed here, watch them come up with the same old sleazy excuses like "Civil War had ps4 like graphics" and "its marvel fans posing as dc fans negatively criticizing BvS". This last one got me laffing real hard for no reason.

Its clear Marvel has been ahead for a while. And 2016 like so many others belongs to Marvel. No point in arguing this when the figures, stats and facts speak for themselves.

As for me i'm a Marvel fan but i still try to stay objective as much as possible. I really hope Suicide Squad makes sense. If not, wahala don dey for DC be dat....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

I dont get are they arguing about all that, its ok naa u guys no dey rest by the way this is a DC thread why not do it on the marvel thread.
If u look the tin well, this whole argument was started by two DC fans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
grin mehn I'm enjoying this
Oh a reminder Sam raimi's spiderman 2 is the only CBM movie to win an Oscar awards.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
friendlyadvice:

Ehen? I tantalize una with sneak pix from suicide squad and this is the thanks I get?
*storms out of thread*
lols na u start this marvel/DCstuff for the thread na.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Salimmuhammad:

the difference is sooo clear....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by friendlyadvice: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2016
Minemrys:

lols na u start this marvel/DCstuff for the thread na.

Okay I go carry una matter go my church make them break the lock wey marvel take hol' una for throat wey make film wey pack batman and superman inside to flop

#SuicideSquad 5 days to go
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by seribroo56(m): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Shittaakeem:
grin mehn I'm enjoying this
Oh a reminder Sam raimi's spiderman 2 is the only CBM movie to win an Oscar awards.
heath leager
Ledger had finished filming his performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight. His death occurred during editing of The Dark Knight and in the midst of filming his last role as Tony in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. His untimely death cast a somber shadow over the subsequent promotion of the $185 million Batman production.[10] Ledger received numerous posthumous accolades for his critically acclaimed performance in the film, including the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, a Best Actor International Award at the 2008 Australian Film Institute Awards (for which he became the first actor to win an award posthumously),[11] the 2008 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor, the 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture,[12] and the 2009 BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor.[3](copied). I hope this awards count
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by oyinkuro87: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2016
MJBOLT:
And so the cycle begins....

DC fanboys: "The Avengers looks shitty, The Dark Knight Rises is gonna be epic and will beat The Avengers and DC will be back on top again."

2012:

The Avengers becomes the 3rd Highest Grossing Movie of All Time with $1.5 Billion Dollars and has 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and an A+ CinemaScore from the audience, The Dark Knight Rises not even in the top 20 highest grossing movies of all time grossing $500 Million Dollars less than The Avengers did, 87% on Rotten Tomatoes because critics received death threats but still the best it can don and A CinemaScore, Marvel won marginally

Nolan's trilogy concluded, DCCU announced with Man of Steel and Zack Snyder as director, DC fanboys: "Pfffft Marvel is nothing, now that DC has started their cinematic universe it will eclipse Marvel's, Iron Man 3 will fail at the box office and Man of Steel is gonna do a Billion Dollars maybe more and maybe will outgross The Avengers because he's the most iconic and beloved superhero of all time, the DCEU has come goodbye Marvel"

Man of Steel ROTTEN with the critics at 56%, Marvel kept its winning streak and Certified Fresh hits for over 13 movies while DC failed on their first try with Man of Steel the beginning of their universe receiving a 56% ROTTEN rating, DC failed from the get-go and its universe was 100% Rotten while Marvel's is 100% Fresh after 13 movies, not only this, but Man of Steel only managed to gross $668 Million Dollars ߘ°ߘ losing money to the studio (over $17 Million Dollars according to Forbes) being deemed a FLOP and a box office bomb, while Iron Man 3 grossed $1.2 Billion Dollars and it's about an obscure character that 5 years ago no one know who he is yet he still managed to outgross the oldest greatest most iconic and most popular and most beloved superhero of all time which is Superman because DC can't make a proper movie, Zack Snyder's job is at risk because the movie flopped and lost money to the studio, they cancel Man of Steel 2 and decide to bring in their savior Batman in a desperate attempt to catch up with Marvel, Marvel having made the Highest Grossing Movie of the year for a second year in a row (2012 it was The Avengers) and now has two movies in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time list, with Iron Man 3 also receiving great reviews despite DC stupid idiots saying that it's bad, yet another Certified Fresh hit with 79% on Rotten Tomatoes compared to Man of Steel's 56%, Marvel won easily

2015:

Batfleck is announced, trailer for BvS drops, DC fanboys: "HAHAHAHAHAHHA goodbye Marvel, you're long gone the Dawn of Justice is here Bleep the shitty Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel is finished, Chris Terrio is an Academy Award-winning screenwriter and he's working on the movie it will be great! It will be amazing! It's gonna blow away all the critics and the fans, DC has officially started baby, BvS will outgross both shitty Avengers movies and will hit $2 Billion Dollars at the box office because it has the two most iconic and popular and beloved and ticket-selling superheroes of all time in the TITLE! Bleep Captain America: Civil War that movie was only announced to compete with BvS but it can't it will fail because Marvel sucks and people are sick and tired of cartoonish shitty Marvel movies, Civil War releasing on the same day as BvS is just a publicity stunt and Marvel will back down because they know they can't stop the Dawn, they can't stop the Dawn of Justice the dawn of DC movies receiving great reviews and why shouldn't they? The movie has 5 Oscar-winners, yeah, I think the DCEU willnbe fine thank you very much, Box Office analysts are saying that BvS will hit $1.6 Billion Dollars and outgross both shitty Avengers movies it's gonna gross $2 Billion Dollars!!!! So of coursen $1 Billion is guaranteed and yes the Certified Fresh rating is also guaranteed we have Terrio and Affleck on this, bye bye Marvel"
Meanwhile, Marvel quietly sips tea as the Marvel Cinematic Universe hit $9 Billion Dollars at the box office becoming the Highest Grossing Movie Franchise of All Time, while also achieving success with obscure unknown characters that are extremely ridiculous and dumb but Marvel still nailed it and made American fall in love with them the Guardians of the Galaxy, a walking talking Tree and a talking gun-tooting Racoon while also proving that they can make dark gritty serious movies that fit in to their universe like Captain America: Winter Soldier and its thought-provoking intelligent themes while also achieving major success on the small screen with Daredevil and Jessica Jones which have become the benchmark to gritty surreal television with DD and JJ and the brilliant Agents of SHIELD continuing the in-universe tie-ins and world building to help set-up the movies in more ways than none, they also add yet another entry to the Billion Dollars club with Avengers: Age of Ultron grossing $1.4 Billion Dollars and becoming the sixth highest grossing movie of all time pushing the Marvel Cinematic Universe to $9 Billion Dollars worldwide and making it the Highest Grossing Movie Franchise of All Time.

I just want to clear my stand point here!

RT: 83%, box office: $2.788b.
Avengers:
RT: 92%, box office: $1.519b
Jurassic World:
RT: 71%, box office $1.670b
AoU:
RT: 75%, box office: $1.405.1
The Dark Knight:
RT: 94%, box office: $ 1.004b
Civil War:
RT: 90%, box office: $1.151b

This is just to say taste and preference diverse on how we see these movies.
Some of these movies tend to appeal the younger audiences easily. Like the case of JW. Despite it has a lesser rating in compare to others, yet it sat ahead of most.
The major problem I see in DC movies isn't even the directors nor their executive. The problem is we, we the fans. Virtually 2/3 of all CBM fans, one way or the other believed they understand these characters. And if something outside their understanding (scope) is presented to them they find it extremely difficult to accept it. Just like The Lex's case.
The Lex we got there was still that Lex with terrifying and master of masterminder(s). He still possess that callous, demonic and deep hatred towards Superman. They only altered his charisma and nothing much (which I totally support because there need to be changes due to writers and directors' creativities). But because, maybe we already have that preconceived ideas of how these characters are ought to be....we then finding it unbearable to accept something different.
We watched how a ruthless delusional psychopath killing android (ultron) was turned into a mediocre and lousy buffoon, yet reactions around the globe said Ultron was the best and most interesting character in the movie. I am not saying I disagreed with others. No! What I am saying is that, because ultron was a character known by very few perhaps allowed it changes not to be spotted easily (which may have caused outcry).

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by oyinkuro87: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2016
Lana1:
Lol. Bruh there's really no need for long epistles. I dont know where u people and especially parrot get the strength to go on long streaks of arguments lai dis.

Even with everything u typed here, watch them come up with the same old sleazy excuses like "Civil War had ps4 like graphics" and "its marvel fans posing as dc fans negatively criticizing BvS". This last one got me laffing real hard for no reason.

Its clear Marvel has been ahead for a while. And 2016 like so many others belongs to Marvel. No point in arguing this when the figures, stats and facts speak for themselves.

As for me i'm a Marvel fan but i still try to stay objective as much as possible. I really hope Suicide Squad makes sense. If not, wahala don dey for DC be dat....

When Marvel smells the Oscar award, please wake me from sleep...lol! Despite all their high high RT scores and billion billion dollars

Have you ever seen or heard movies that are critics (89% above) success, box office (1b+) success yet no Oscar nomination, except MCU? Excluding animation movies ooh!
This can..no!..not can..! This means, they are enjoyable, but aren't Damn fit to be mentioned where who is who when is time for big boys (Oscar). Perhaps they can go ahead to claim everything in teen choice award... grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
marvel shitty logic

at least in bvs,DC didn't pretend batman could beat doomsday, they know he couldn't and had him sit out just like black widow and Hawkeye should if the movies were realistic

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
CzarRex:
marvel shitty logic

at least in bvs,DC didn't pretend batman could beat doomsday, they know he couldn't and had him sit out just like black widow and Hawkeye should if the movies were realistic

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
that's how weak a plot can be. But you see kiddies shouting....oh! my god!.... this the greatest cbm movie of all time!!! this can be only course by one reason, and that's: just waiting for gbosa gbosa gbosa without using their faculties to analyze scenes.

Ultron below looks epic, right?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
that's how weak a plot can be. But you see kiddies shouting....oh! my god!.... this the greatest cbm movie of all time!!! this can be only course by one reason, and that's: just waiting for gbosa gbosa gbosa without using their faculties to analyze scenes.

Ultron below looks epic, right?
dope as hell! ultron is the only villain from MCU that I gbadun wella!

only movies I can re-watch from MCU are just age of ultron and winter soldier

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
oyinkuro87:

When Marvel smells the Oscar award, please wake me from sleep...lol! Despite all their high high RT scores and billion billion dollars

Have you ever seen or heard movies that are critics (89% above) success, box office (1b+) success yet no Oscar nomination, except MCU? Excluding animation movies ooh!
This can..no!..not can..! This means, they are enjoyable, but aren't Damn fit to be mentioned where who is who when is time for big boys (Oscar). Perhaps they can go ahead to claim everything in teen choice award... grin
What point exactly are u trying to pass across here?? Leonardo DiCaprio just won his first Oscar in 2016. It still didn't stop him from being any less an awesome actor in all those yrs he couldn't win it.

Marvel has produced an Oscar winning movie b4. So what's ur point here. They might not ve won as many as DC and none of the phase 1 to 3 movies so far have won any Oscars. But it still doesn't stop Marvel from being better than DC in 2016 like i stated in my post u quoted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.