Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1235511 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Reviewing a movie is subjective, I loved BVS because of its themes inspite of its flaws. I don't like CACW for all I care, can you force me to like it? Naaaaaah. No matter how you convince me, I can see the flaws. The same thing can be said for BVS, if you don't like it, it's your problem....lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
So supes now use guns? undecided When the same ninja that was in nairomi delivers the kryptonite to lex wasn't that enough reason to believe that he works for lex? Or when lois found out that the bullet that was stuck in her journalist pad wasn't military grade but from lex's private firm, and even met with secretary Swanwick who confirmed it, wasn't it enough reason to know that lex set him up?
ah marvel fans sure can use their imaginati0ns. Okay so without the UC how could u have underst0od why superman was to blame for the nair0mi incident? And how does the nair0mian lady's hearing make sense to you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Minemrys:

cleverly manipulate the destructi0n of the avengers? How on earth did zem0 get hold of classified hydra top secret? The winter soldier? And why n0t release it and activities of the winter soldier(s) to the media/world? First to cause fricti0n am0ng the avengers themselves on why bucky should live or roam freely than the plot device that was the lagos explosi0n? In this case zem0 could've made the public questi0n the avengers (that is the side that wants to help cap free bucky solely) by framing them and forcing the u.n to sancti0n all heroes. It would've being m0re intense and less c0medic (what the hell, its civil war n0t c0medy war). So zem0 didn't cleverly manipulate the avengers, he manipulated t0ny and steve cos at the end of the day even the avengers weren't sure why they were fighting (cough black widow, panther, hawkeye <the guy even left his wife and kid at h0me to go to jail for a guy he's n0t cl0se to and@ spiderboy left his h0mew0rk he would submit in class the next day after a rich guy 4 no reas0n, scarlet witch<s0me0ne i expected to undastand why TWS must be arrested>. God civil war was a g0od c0medy film to n0t be taken serious.
Civil War doesn't necessarily mean a country vs country scenario, rather in this situation it's the division of the avengers following the sokovia accords. This is the definition of War in the dictionary. "A state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country. ".

Black panther was fighting cap because he's protecting the guy that he(T'challa) thought was responsible for the bomb blast that killed his father. He was in support of the accords. So was black widow, who helped cap when she later found out about zemo. Hawkeye is also an avenger is he not? Spiderman has been doing his assignments and fighting crime long before he met Stark and Stark clearly upgraded his suit so he had a reason to follow Stark and moreover, he was supposed to be on the sidelines but got caught up in the fight that resulted in him been eventually sent home by Stark.

Baron zemo was the reason for the eventual fracture of the relationship between the avengers when he impersonated bucky while blowing up that conference building. This resulted to the fight in the airport as Stark wanted to bring bucky in.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
kryptonian1987:

and that's the stereotype thinking true DC fans are trying to flush out. what makes you think SS is doomed or BvS was bad? because some critics and Marvel fans, disguising as DC fans said so? or your assumption is based on box office success?
if movies like: thor 1&2, IM2&3, Capes1, IH and finally but not the least AoU can mustered at least 70% rating RT, what makes you think something, either fishy, stereotype or preconceived ideas weren't at work.
not trying to say they are being bribed o... I am just trying look for the reasons why those poorly executed movies still managed to be certified fresh....
though, just my thought....
You know, I used to think like you: spinning conspiracy theories against d.c. But that changed after seeing CA;CW. My attack is against Zack Snyder who keeps churning out mediocre films-the fact that he hasn't been booted out surprises me. I really pity Justice League, that film might end up with a 12% RT score.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
TonySpike:
Reviewing a movie is subjective, I loved BVS because of its themes inspite of its flaws. I don't like CACW for all I care, can you force me to like it? Naaaaaah. No matter how you convince me, I can see the flaws. The same thing can be said for BVS, if you don't like it, it's your problem....lol
Shaking my head!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
Civil War doesn't necessarily mean a country vs country scenario, rather in this situation it's the division of the avengers following the sokovia accords. This is the definition of War in the dictionary. "A state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country. ".

Black panther was fighting cap because he's protecting the guy that he(T'challa) thought was responsible for the bomb blast that killed his father. He was in support of the accords. So was black widow, who helped cap when she later found out about zemo. Hawkeye is also an avenger is he not? Spiderman has been doing his assignments and fighting crime long before he met Stark and Stark clearly upgraded his suit so he had a reason to follow Stark and moreover, he was supposed to be on the sidelines but got caught up in the fight that resulted in him been eventually sent home by Stark.

Baron zemo was the reason for the eventual fracture of the relationship between the avengers when he impersonated bucky while blowing up that conference building. This resulted to the fight in the airport as Stark wanted to bring bucky in.
Don't mind them jare parrotibaba. CA;CW>>>>>>>>>BvS. And perhaps minemrys, it's easy to understand why hawkeye joined the captain's side. He has a family and his identity being exposed would have put them at risk. Simple! Snyder should be booted out!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Minemrys:

ah marvel fans sure can use their imaginati0ns. Okay so without the UC how could u have underst0od why superman was to blame for the nair0mi incident? And how does the nair0mian lady's hearing make sense to you?

This is ridiculously ludicrous grin grin Shey he left metropolis to go and rescue lois lane in far away nairomi and there were casualties plus the obvious Lex luthor set up. What has this got to do with imaginations? DC fans and their ridiculous thinking. The nairomi woman was clearly making things up like how her parents died caught up in supes supposedly cross fire when in fact nobody mentioned that supes was only present in the desert which was the abode of the nairomian terrorist. Why will supes suddenly go to Africa and start causing havoc when he goes to Mexico to rescue a girl from a fire outbreak?

One of the problems I had with bvs was that the whole world including Lex and Bruce Affleck forgot that barely 2 years back, supes singlehandedly stopped zod's earth invasion, something that should have removed the doubts and envy from people.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:

cap 3 wasn't a civil war. It was a t0ny vs stark stand off. The s0kovia AC was a subplot, how? To introduce black panther. Only 3 that ai robot, stark, and his friend in the avengers supported it. Black widow was just doing her job. She neva said yes or no.
In fact there was no formal agreement between the avengers for it to be a civil war.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
it didn't improve the original cut, we all knew that supes was set up in nairomi by lex. We knew that he wasn't responsible for the bomb blast in the Senate building so what exactly did the ultimate cut do to improve the original cut?

Whether you accept it or not cbm are not body language movies. There's nothing fantastic about the facial expressions or body languages in bvs except that the script writers didn't know how to delegate proper dialogues across the cast. Only Bruce Affleck had a proper dialogue in the movie. So please don't defend poor script writing as being smart.

Of course a DC fan will rate bvs over civil war even though he knows that it isn't true, I never expect a hardcore DC fan to do otherwise.

Civil War wasn't all about fights without reason. The movie was political and tested the strength of friendships. The world wants to keep the avengers under control and while one part of the avengers agrees to, the other doesn't. This causes division between the avengers plus the devious machinations of zemo, the behind the scenes villain that cleverly manipulated the destruction of the friendships and relationships between the avengers. Civil War was cleverly and artistically crafted and thoroughly deserves the success that has come it's way.

civil war was just another Marvel movie that is meant to appeal to mainstream moviegoers, didnt mean it was great. Winter Soldier still remain the topnotch in MCU to beat.
Baron Zemo wasn't even close to a good villian, not of even talking of great one. a villian that is ultimate plan is far beyond his control for it to hatch...
why using the red book on WS in that building when he won't get to murder any of the avengers, especially tony stark or Natasha. Rather he red it to him just to cause a minor and far lesser threat there.
ask yourself this question: what if iron man decided not to fight WS? accepting fully well that that wasn't bucky, but a brainwashed WS?
why is even Crossbones in civil war... because I didn't see any correlation between him and zemo...! Ok maybe because of action, action and action.
bro, the truth is:.... Civil war is too over hyped! despite the mixed and lacklustre reception BvS got, it's still a hot topic till date even if it is no longer playing in cinemas (while civil was is still). Ohhh.. and also, it's presently generating a cultic-like status as we speak, while civil war will definitely go the same way just like most Marvel movies, except Winter Soldier.
pardon my writing, cuz am writing through a mini browse app
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Don't mind them jare parrotibaba. CA;CW>>>>>>>>>BvS. And perhaps minemrys, it's easy to understand why hawkeye joined the captain's side. He has a family and his identity being exposed would have put them at risk. Simple! Snyder should be booted out!
oh my, hydra has corruptd raalsalghul into bec0ming a villain lols. Ehm hawkeye never had a secret identity. He came out of retirement to go to pris0n. Tell me, how would his ID be compr0mised when he retired fr0m the avengers? And what ID is he pr0tecting when he's kn0wn to have worked for shield, and the avengers...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by therealrajgupta: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
Has anyone seen this? I think it looks way more interesting than Dawn of Justice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Shaking my head!

I hope your head is still on your neck as you may have to shake it more. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:

This is ridiculously ludicrous grin grin Shey he left metropolis to go and rescue lois lane in far away nairomi and there were casualties plus the obvious Lex luthor set up. What has this got to do with imaginations? DC fans and their ridiculous thinking. The nairomi woman was clearly making things up like how her parents died caught up in supes supposedly cross fire when in fact nobody mentioned that supes was only present in the desert which was the abode of the nairomian terrorist. Why will supes suddenly go to Africa and start causing havoc when he goes to Mexico to rescue a girl from a fire outbreak?

One of the problems I had with bvs was that the whole world including Lex and Bruce Affleck forgot that barely 2 years back, supes singlehandedly stopped zod's earth invasion, something that should have removed the doubts and envy from people.

Let me tell you, BVS mirrors the very world and times we currently exist in. The action of Superman stopping Zod's invasion cannot be hailed by everyone because some people lost their important friends and families. Infact, the victory over Zod came at a cost to the people of Metropolis. Wallace Keefe, for example lost his limb and Bruce Wayne lost part of his investment and some of his staff; at least the movie made us see this. Imagine having a powerful person like Superman in our midst, how will the world respond to his existence? The problem is that people like you fail to understand how Superman is being portrayed. Take the powerful US military for example, they carry out precision airstrikes in many places around the globe trying to defeat terrorism. As usual, there will always be collateral in their airstrikes, and people whose lives and families were affected will always find a way to despise the US. This is exactly the scenario Superman found himself after MOS, some people liked him, some people feared him and some outrightly hated him. The movie was trying to draw parallels as it exists in our current world, yet, people like you fail to see that. This is what the scene of "God among Men" was trying to explain and I'm sure you failed to see it from that angle.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
Raalsalghul:
You know, I used to think like you: spinning conspiracy theories against d.c. But that changed after seeing CA;CW. My attack is against Zack Snyder who keeps churning out mediocre films-the fact that he hasn't been booted out surprises me. I really pity Justice League, that film might end up with a 12% RT score.

lol!! we can't think alike in this case. course I will never think of something like 12%RT for justice league.
I think I have literally watched all Zack Snyder's movies and I can authoritatively tell that there's no way he will dish out a movie that will go that low.
Initially, BvS was to be R rated, not PG-13, but WB executives decided to do almost 90% of the editing work themselves just to accommodate younger audiences (kids).
at least we watched his version and virtually 70-80% of critics who didn't like the theatrical cut gave his cut a pass mark. even one of the most critic, Schnep who totally destroyed the TC gave this version a pass mark and said that "if this version were to be the TC, then I think there wouldn't had been a discussion"
try and do the findings yourself so you won't accused me of cooking up stories.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Raalsalghul:

What was so special about Civil Brawl? Care to explain, my friend?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:

One of the problems I had with bvs was that the whole world including Lex and Bruce Wayne forgot that barely 2 years back, supes singlehandedly stopped zod's earth invasion, something that should have removed the doubts and envy from people.
see how the mcu makes people think. In a real world, an alien shows and starts doing tinz, how do u expect us to believe him right away?? Then the u.s says this alien has d0ne a bad tin, bring evidence and you tell me no one would believe?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by thenairama(m): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
friendlyadvice:
So I've got some spoilers on suicide squad and a few movie clips from twitter and youtube respectively, it doesn't seem like a billion dollar movie to me(fingers crossed miracles can happen) but it will certainly be fun

Story:
The movie starts with the
origin story of Enchantress, then Smith's
character tries to rob something and gets
caught, then we see Harley's origin and how
Batman caught her and put her in prison, then
we see Waller come to harley and asks her to join
Task Force X taking us to meet
the rest of the Squad.

THE MISSION:
Enchantress wants her full
powers back and to do that she needs two
things - to bring her brother back to life(she
finds a body and transfer his soul to it and they
make people into minion monsters) Second thing she
wants is her heart back and Waller has it Squad tries to kill
her and her brother, they fight the brother on
a train like we see in the trailers. Diablo
(fire guy) sacrifices himself and make an explosion that
kills him and enchantress brother(joining slipknot who dies in the beginning).
Then the Squad gets to Enchantress who has
Waller and the heart. They save Waller, Harley
destroys the heart and Enchantress is defeated
, "thankful" Waller put them back in their
cells. End of the movie is Joker - who's mostly
just in the background most of the movie and
trying to get Harley - breaks into the prison and
gets her out, she sees him and smiles. End.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEMcKrAFY0&itct=CAMQpDAYEyITCNvp0Z6Qkc4CFcUSHAodfbEGTlINc3VpY2lkZSBzcXVhZA%3D%3D&gl=ZA&hl=en&client=mv-google[/url]

What do you think? Billion dollar or bvs standard

Man the characters are so animated dc for kukuma save money do cartoon so we go know say na cartoon we dey watch cartoon now lol I vote BVS standard
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Minemrys:

cap 3 wasn't a civil war. It was a t0ny vs stark stand off. The s0kovia AC was a subplot, how? To introduce black panther. Only 3 that ai robot, stark, and his friend in the avengers supported it. Black widow was just doing her job. She neva said yes or no.
In fact there was no formal agreement between the avengers for it to be a civil war.
black widow was in support of the accords, if not what was she doing in Vienna? Vacation? Heck she even promised T'challa to help him bring in bucky Barnes before eventually betraying him as pursued both cap and bucky towards the aircraft. She did that because she finally heard what cap had to do, that's to stop zemo from resurrecting the other winter soldiers which clearly wasn't zemo's intention.

God why am I describing this movie for you? Why don't you go and watch it yourself.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
kryptonian1987:

civil war was just another Marvel movie that is meant to appeal to mainstream moviegoers, didnt mean it was great. Winter Soldier still remain the topnotch in MCU to beat.
Baron Zemo wasn't even close to a good villian, not of even talking of great one. a villian that is ultimate plan is far beyond his control for it to hatch...
why using the red book on WS in that building when he won't get to murder any of the avengers, especially tony stark or Natasha. Rather he red it to him just to cause a minor and far lesser threat there.
ask yourself this question: what if iron man decided not to fight WS? accepting fully well that that wasn't bucky, but a brainwashed WS?
why is even Crossbones in civil war... because I didn't see any correlation between him and zemo...! Ok maybe because of action, action and action.
bro, the truth is:.... Civil war is too over hyped! despite the mixed and lacklustre reception BvS got, it's still a hot topic till date even if it is no longer playing in cinemas (while civil was is still). Ohhh.. and also, it's presently generating a cultic-like status as we speak, while civil war will definitely go the same way just like most Marvel movies, except Winter Soldier.
pardon my writing, cuz am writing through a mini browse app
Civil War is one of the greatest cbms currently on the big screen whether you want to accept it or not. It deserves every bit of success and praise that it's currently getting.

Baron zemo clearly stated that he has no intention of killing the avengers simply because he can't, rather than trying to fight them one on one, he instead chose to pit them against each other. He said this when he wanted to end his life before T'challa stopped him. In that German intelligence building, what he simply did was to further prove to Stark that bucky Barnes is dangerous and capable of actually bombing the conference building which clearly worked. Baron zemo is one of a kind manipulative, scheming, devious villain.

Again why will Stark choose not to fight a guy that was running away from the supposed havoc that he wrecked in Vienna? Is bucky his cousin or friend? Are they even related in anyway? And to top it all off, he found out that bucky was responsible for his parents death. Before the final fight, Stark was doing all he could to at least get bucky a fair trial but after the Germany incident, he decided to use firepower.

Crossbones was in Nigeria doing an illegal business and apparently the avengers got wind of the operation and pursued him there. Have you forgotten that crossbones is hydra and that the avengers are still tracking the remaining hydra agents around the world. The aftermath of the mission was the important part, scarlet witch made a deadly mistake that resulted in deaths and hence pushed up the sokovia accords.

Civil War deserved all the hype that it got because it delivered where bvs failed woefully. BvS will forever be remembered as that shitty cbm that was released twice grin take it or leave it!.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Minemrys:

see how the mcu makes people think. In a real world, an alien shows and starts doing tinz, how do u expect us to believe him right away?? Then the u.s says this alien has d0ne a bad tin, bring evidence and you tell me no one would believe?
Oga had it been that this happened in man of Steel, it would have made perfect sense but not after he risked his life to fight for earth against zod. They believed him when he was snapping zod's neck but starts doubting him when he goes to nairomi to save an American journalist. So when he eventually resurrects in justice League and goes to Japan to eat sushi the world will start doubting and calling for his head again. Does that in any way make sense to you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
TonySpike:

Let me tell you, BVS mirrors the very world and times we currently exist in. The action of Superman stopping Zod's invasion cannot be hailed by everyone because some people lost their important friends and families. Infact, the victory over Zod came at a cost to the people of Metropolis. Wallace Keefe, for example lost his limb and Bruce Wayne lost part of his investment and some of his staff; at least the movie made us see this. Imagine having a powerful person like Superman in our midst, how will the world respond to his existence? The problem is that people like you fail to understand how Superman is being portrayed. Take the powerful US military for example, they carry out precision airstrikes in many places around the globe trying to defeat terrorism. As usual, there will always be collateral in their airstrikes, and people whose lives and families were affected will always find a way to despise the US. This is exactly the scenario Superman found himself after MOS, some people liked him, some people feared him and some outrightly hated him. The movie was trying to draw parallels as it exists in our current world, yet, people like you fail to see that. This is what the scene of "God among Men" was trying to explain and I'm sure you failed to see it from that angle.
And what were the people expecting supes to do when he was fighting zod? Avoid the buildings and go to Mars? Like he had any choice in the matter. Instead of trying to castigate the only dude that stepped up the plate to actually defend them, they should be thankful that they are alive and going about their businesses. Supes could have just kicked a cold bottle of beer and relaxed while zod takes over the world and then the same people will come up and accuse him of negligence. The US military is fighting wars with terrorists so that the people back home will not have to suffer from terror incidents like 9/11 and the majority are in support of that. We all know that wars bring casualties and it's inevitable but it's necessary. Don't you think that if the US for example decides to let this jihadists have it their way that the same people complaining about casualties will still come back and accuse the US for doing nothing. Now I'm not saying that he deserves ultimate praise and respect, all I'm saying is that from what we saw in bvs, he had more negative reactions from people, in fact overwhelming negative reactions from people than positive which is wrong. All of a sudden people forgot what he did and are looking for all sorts of excuses to make him look bad. If he was that bad, why will the whole world go into mourning when he died? What's the difference between what he did here and what he did in man of Steel? So if he wakes up tomorrow the same 1diots that mourned him will suddenly forget about doomsday and focus on scorning him again?. My main problem with this centers on why the events of man of Steel were easily forgotten, almost like it didn't happen.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
black widow was in support of the accords, if not what was she doing in Vienna? Vacation? Heck she even promised T'challa to help him bring in bucky Barnes before eventually betraying him as pursued both cap and bucky towards the aircraft. She did that because she finally heard what cap had to do, that's to stop zemo from resurrecting the other winter soldiers which clearly wasn't zemo's intention.

God why am I describing this movie for you? Why don't you go and watch it yourself.
black widow na follow follow she dy do. She no support am. She go that accord jux cos na her job, even cap went to berlin. BW na expensive chick she dy go where m0ney dy. She no get plan. :-D
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Minemrys:

black widow na follow follow she dy do. She no support am. She go that accord jux cos na her job, even cap went to berlin. BW na expensive chick she dy go where m0ney dy. She no get plan. :-D
We don't need to over flog this matter, she could easily have joined cap in carter's burial but she didn't, she instead went to the accords. She was in support of the accords, if you no wan accept that then it's really not my concern.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
Civil War is one of the greatest cbms currently on the big screen whether you want to accept it or not. It deserves every bit of success and praise that it's currently getting.

Baron zemo clearly stated that he has no intention of killing the avengers simply because he can't, rather than trying to fight them one on one, he instead chose to pit them against each other. He said this when he wanted to end his life before T'challa stopped him. In that German intelligence building, what he simply did was to further prove to Stark that bucky Barnes is dangerous and capable of actually bombing the conference building which clearly worked. Baron zemo is one of a kind manipulative, scheming, devious villain.

Again why will Stark choose not to fight a guy that was running away from the supposed havoc that he wrecked in Vienna? Is bucky his cousin or friend? Are they even related in anyway? And to top it all off, he found out that bucky was responsible for his parents death. Before the final fight, Stark was doing all he could to at least get bucky a fair trial but after the Germany incident, he decided to use firepower.

Crossbones was in Nigeria doing an illegal business and apparently the avengers got wind of the operation and pursued him there. Have you forgotten that crossbones is hydra and that the avengers are still tracking the remaining hydra agents around the world. The aftermath of the mission was the important part, scarlet witch made a deadly mistake that resulted in deaths and hence pushed up the sokovia accords.

Civil War deserved all the hype that it got because it delivered where bvs failed woefully. BvS will forever be remembered as that shitty cbm that was released twice grin take it or leave it!.

Did you listen to yourself? "after that deadly mistake "?...lol! can you compare it to the one caused by Ultron? or the one caused by Loki and his minions (which still, there's no military presence to arrest their mistakes)?.

very your point, you re making it looked like Zemo didn't want the avengers to die-yet he's busy impersonating/framing bucky to kill "innocent people ( Wakanda president among many). supposing his plan works, what do you think will happen to the avengers.... so you think there won't be casualties (deaths)?

Tony wasn't doing all his best to make bucky sign the accord. he was only doing his best to assemble his friends (core members) to sign the accord. he sees bucky as someone that can't be trusted despite the tribulations and traumas bucky was going through.
I don't think you know much about comics, because you just proof that to me... I bet that you became a comics fan or cbm fan not quite long, that's why you're praising civil war this way.
even the CGI scenes in CW were so so similar to ps4 game and you are here rating it that high, haba my guy!!!
I don't think any reasonable movie (not to even talk of universe filled movies) would take that long for govt to interfere when her world is being threatened by external force frequently.

I think I am a good judge of any movie I watched, not someone else will do that for me

with an open mind, look at all MCU movies and tell me if all are better than BvS or MOS?
your answer will clarify your person to me more

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:

Bros please stop making me to laugh!!!
do you even know Lex or Batman at all?
Batman is always having issue when it comes to trust, except for few, and you want him to trust a god-like being! I think you do not know Batman, even for a second. to cap it all, this Batman is a rip-off of Frank Millers' batman returns which perhaps is darker and gritty .
for Lex Luthor, nothing comes first before him.... that's his obsession. he can trade anything he has just to bring down superman.
I think Lex plan is far more articulated than Zemo's own... Lex didn't rely on luck to shine on him like Zemo did. Remember, they are both humans, and extraordinary humans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
thenairama:

Man the characters are so animated dc for kukuma save money do cartoon so we go know say na cartoon we dey watch cartoon now lol I vote BVS standard

this your statement just show how strongly biased you're towards BvS!
if you called SS and BvS too cartoonish, then I wonder what you'll call Civil War! where their graphics looked like PS 4
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
DC fans have no chill at all attacking CW and the MCU on a DCEU thread.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Did you listen to yourself? "after that deadly mistake "?...lol! can you compare it to the one caused by Ultron? or the one caused by Loki and his minions (which still, there's no military presence to arrest their mistakes)?.

very your point, you re making it looked like Zemo didn't want the avengers to die-yet he's busy impersonating/framing bucky to kill "innocent people ( Wakanda president among many). supposing his plan works, what do you think will happen to the avengers.... so you think there won't be casualties (deaths)?

Tony wasn't doing all his best to make bucky sign the accord. he was only doing his best to assemble his friends (core members) to sign the accord. he sees bucky as someone that can't be trusted despite the tribulations and traumas bucky was going through.
I don't think you know much about comics, because you just proof that to me... I bet that you became a comics fan or cbm fan not quite long, that's why you're praising civil war this way.
even the CGI scenes in CW were so so similar to ps4 game and you are here rating it that high, haba my guy!!!
I don't think any reasonable movie (not to even talk of universe filled movies) would take that long for govt to interfere when her world is being threatened by external force frequently.

I think I am a good judge of any movie I watched, not someone else will do that for me

with an open mind, look at all MCU movies and tell me if all are better than BvS or MOS?
your answer will clarify your person to me more
All these stuff you just posted are pure undiluted thrash grin grin

Scarlet witch made a deadly mistake on foreign soil that involved the deaths of 11 Wakandans plus a lot of Nigerians, how is that not a deadly mistake? Must it be ultr0n sized before it's a deadly mistake? Did you even listen to yourself when typing this garbage?

I can see that you lack basic comprehension ability, did you not read where I stated that he wanted to pit the avengers against each other? Did the avengers not fight themselves?. Did he not apologize to T'challa for the death of his father since the bombing was the casualties of his schemes? He wanted revenge for the death of his family and he knew that he couldn't get it by fighting the avengers one on one since he doesn't have the capacity to, rather he decided to turn them against each other. What's so hard to understand here?

First of, Tony Stark has no relationship with bucky Barnes, no one does except cap so why will he want bucky to sign the accords? Is bucky an avenger? He wanted to bring bucky in because bucky was accused of bombing the conference building in Vienna and cap was helping him get away with it. Why should he trust someone that was caught on tape as the perpetrator of the Vienna bombing and also worked for hydra?.

I don't know what brought ps4 to this argument and I can tell that you never saw this movie in the cinema, you probably saw it online in its TC version since you brazenly compared it to ps4 graphics. When the dvd version comes out, go and re watch it instead disgracing yourself in public.

I have been watching superhero cartoons and reading comics since I was a kid. I can certainly tell you that captain America civil war is one of the greatest cbms in the world. Take it or leave it!.

What makes you think that the government didn't intervene since Tony Stark first came out as ironman? Why don't you go and re watch the ironman series? What do you think S.H.I.E.L.D is? Is it not a government sanctioned body that oversees the actions of the avengers? I can see that your knowledge about marvel cinematic movies and TV shows are severely limited.

grin grin I don't need to list the various mcu movies that absolutely shiits on bvs and mos. You can educate yourself on that. There's not even a competition between marvel and DC in the cinematic world now as marvel is clearly on top.

I strongly suggest that you go back and watch all mcu movies till date without bias and sentiments because you seriously need to before engaging in an argument with me.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Bros please stop making me to laugh!!!
do you even know Lex or Batman at all?
Batman is always having issue when it comes to trust, except for few, and you want him to trust a god-like being! I think you do not know Batman, even for a second. to cap it all, this Batman is a rip-off of Frank Millers' batman returns which perhaps is darker and gritty .
for Lex Luthor, nothing comes first before him.... that's his obsession. he can trade anything he has just to bring down superman.
I think Lex plan is far more articulated than Zemo's own... Lex didn't rely on luck to shine on him like Zemo did. Remember, they are both humans, and extraordinary humans.
Actually Lex failed in his plan to get batman to kill supes, he too was relying on luck plus the numerous cash at his disposal. Zemo was just a sokovian soldier with virtually nothing, who almost pulled off his plan in spectacular fashion. Now before another argument starts, I'm in no way comparing zemo to Alexander.

Batman having no trust of anybody has nothing to do with the unwarranted hate towards supes. Like say na supes killed his parents and Robin. Like I pointed out before, bvs succeeded in totally forgetting about how supes stopped zod's invasion, almost like it didn't happen at all or it was wiped out of the memories of the whole world.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
parrotibaba:
All these stuff you just posted are pure undiluted thrash grin grin

Scarlet witch made a deadly mistake on foreign soil that involved the deaths of 11 Wakandans plus a lot of Nigerians, how is that not a deadly mistake? Must it be ultr0n sized before it's a deadly mistake? Did you even listen to yourself when typing this garbage?

I can see that you lack basic comprehension ability, did you not read where I stated that he wanted to pit the avengers against each other? Did the avengers not fight themselves?. Did he not apologize to T'challa for the death of his father since the bombing was the casualties of his schemes? He wanted revenge for the death of his family and he knew that he couldn't get it by fighting the avengers one on one since he doesn't have the capacity to, rather he decided to turn them against each other. What's so hard to understand here?

First of, Tony Stark has no relationship with bucky Barnes, no one does except cap so why will he want bucky to sign the accords? Is bucky an avenger? He wanted to bring bucky in because bucky was accused of bombing the conference building in Vienna and cap was helping him get away with it. Why should he trust someone that was caught on tape as the perpetrator of the Vienna bombing and also worked for hydra?.

I don't know what brought ps4 to this argument and I can tell that you never saw this movie in the cinema, you probably saw it online in its TC version since you brazenly compared it to ps4 graphics. When the dvd version comes out, go and re watch it instead disgracing yourself in public.

I have been watching superhero cartoons and reading comics since I was a kid. I can certainly tell you that captain America civil war is one of the greatest cbms in the world. Take it or leave it!.

What makes you think that the government didn't intervene since Tony Stark first came out as ironman? Why don't you go and re watch the ironman series? What do you think S.H.I.E.L.D is? Is it not a government sanctioned body that oversees the actions of the avengers? I can see that your knowledge about marvel cinematic movies and TV shows are severely limited.

grin grin I don't need to list the various mcu movies that absolutely shiits on bvs and mos. You can educate yourself on that. There's not even a competition between marvel and DC in the cinematic world now as marvel is clearly on top.

I strongly suggest that you go back and watch all mcu movies till date without bias and sentiments because you seriously need to before engaging in an argument with me.

FATALITY!!! smiley smiley
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by thenairama(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
kryptonian1987:

this your statement just show how strongly biased you're towards BvS!
if you called SS and BvS too cartoonish, then I wonder what you'll call Civil War! where their graphics looked like PS 4

smiley*sigh* look If something is good say it's good if it's bad say it's bad e.g: ss characters appear animated if you watched the link in my mention you will understand as for bvs it's flat out terrible(story,originality,direction etc)but its action scenes were good except for the batman superman fight and justice league doomsday fight.... see? That's how you do it so relax, stop deceiving yourself and giving yourself headaches whenever you see a comment you don't like it's really immature and as far as graphix go bvs is more ps 4 than civil war now it's zack snyders signature afterall check his movies
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
thenairama:

smiley*sigh* look If something is good say it's good if it's bad say it's bad e.g: ss characters appear animated if you watched the link in my mention you will understand as for bvs it's flat out terrible(story,originality,direction etc)but its action scenes were good except for the batman superman fight and justice league doomsday fight.... see? That's how you do it so relax, stop deceiving yourself and giving yourself headaches whenever you see a comment you don't like it's really immature and as far as graphix go bvs is more ps 4 than civil war now it's zack snyders signature afterall check his movies

Are you trying to make sense with your response or what exactly are you up to? All I see is that you typed a whole paragraph as a sentence without a single full stop. Please, make your post comprehensible next time. If you need tutorials on writing out a good post, see parrotibaba and cao posts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.