Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life (55630 Views)

PHOTOS: Osinbajo Attends RCCG Christmas Carol Service / UK Prime Minister Tweets About Nigeria.. See Snapshots. / Pastor Adeboye Prays For UK Prime Minister At RCCG Festival Of Light UK Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:
@Ralphlauren

I think the guy was alluding gentrification, and how all boroughs with huge black populations are gradually being gentrified.

Boris has been pulling down all the council estates, for new ones, with mostly US companies. And not all those folks are being returned to the new ones. The face of London is changing, and even the City and everywhere on the East end of Thames River aren't left out, with skyscrapers popping up everywhere. Only North and West London are safe for now.

If that's his point (which I doubt), he should have just made his point rather than rambling.

Yeah, I know they've pulling down all the old council houses (eg. Your hometown, Peckham) and replacing them with new ones but I thought most people affected were being re-homed.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

If that's his point (which I doubt), he should have just made his point rather than rambling.

Yeah, I know they've pulling down all the old council houses (eg. Your hometown, Peckham) and replacing them with new ones but I thought most people affected were being re-homed.

Not everyone. They are even moving some out of London.

The mad thing about it is that, a lot of those new structures have two entrances - one for the poor and one for the rich. Everywhere is changing.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Not everyone. They are even moving some out of London.

The mad thing about it is that, a lot of those new structures have two entrances - one for the poor and one for the rich. Everywhere is changing.

shocked shocked
Are you for real?
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Scholes007(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
paulolee:
hmmmm.....
we all kno dt e did it to get d votes...
politics ain't made to b taken to churches
GEJ visited some top churches n still lost to buhari who visited none
just hope dt Cameron's case ain't lyk GEJ story
bihari visited non?,
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Obamani: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

shocked shocked
Are you for real?

Don't listen to him. The building is divided into 2 sections. One side was sold to private owners and the other half is for council tenants paying cheap/no rent.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Boris is nuts lool.

Read this link: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/25/poor-doors-segregation-london-flats

Just finished reading the link.

That's really, really crazy.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Obamani:

Don't listen to him. The building is divided into 2 sections. One side was sold to private owners and the other half is for council tenants paying cheap/no rent.

Did you read the link at all undecided

That they are mandated to provide affordable housing as part of the requirements for planning permission is really no excuse to provide a "posh" entrance/lobby for one class of people and just a plain stairway for another.

These property developers make massive money from these building projects.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijababe:

You have to tell me the meaning of gerrymandering first

You have Google cant you use it..and are you not in the USA, correct me if i'm wrong
you should know this if you are state-side lol....

But i paste it for you..lol

gerrymandering - Wikipedia

In the process of setting electoral districts, gerrymandering is a practice that attempts to establish a political advantage for a particular party or group by manipulating district boundaries to create partisan advantaged districts. The resulting district apportionment is known as a gerrymander (/ˈdʒɛriˌmændər/); however, that word can also refer to the process. When used to allege that a given party is gaining disproportionate power, the term gerrymandering has negative connotations.

In addition to its use achieving desired electoral results for a particular party, gerrymandering may be used to help or hinder a particular demographic, such as a political, ethnic, racial, linguistic, religious, or class group, such as in U.S. federal voting district boundaries that produce a majority of constituents representative of African-American or other racial minorities, known as "majority-minority districts."
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
50calibre:

I don't!! Care to tell me why he went there? because given the timing, the only logical conclusion is that he went there to in-directly solicit for votes.

4real!! do you need to be spoon fed all the time... Think think and think again....!!!
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Obamani: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

That they are mandated to provide affordable housing as part of the requirements for planning permission is really no excuse to provide a "posh" entrance/lobby for one class of people and just a plain stairway for another.

They would make a lot more if they weren't forced to provide affordable housing. The private investors have already returned the favor for getting planning permission. It should be the governments job to provide social housing for it's people. It's all good bashing developers for wanting to make profits from their investments even though these are the same people who they are begging to solve the housing shortage... undecided
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

The dude is just chatting bullocks!

He is best ignored.

Look at KMB Post.. which is below yours and the trail on why Cameroun came to RCCG will get warmer to you
or else you are really in the dark... i post you KMB Post for you just to get you going in thought

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2323748_img20150418wa0002_jpeg210ef95b181afbb35c42d457a638cd90
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Obamani:

They would make a lot more if they weren't forced to provide affordable housing. The private investors have already returned the favor for getting planning permission. It should be the governments job to provide social housing for it's people. It's all good bashing developers for wanting to make profits from their investments even though these are the same people who they are begging to solve the housing shortage... undecided

I'm a little familiar with how planning permissions work for developers. If I remember correctly, they are to earmark 10% of flats from the proposed construction for affordable housing and that's not too much in my opinion considering the money these developers make in return.

Apart from providing homes, the essence of the "affordable housing" clause is to ensure social equality. Certain houses/postcodes should not be reserved for the rich only.

Personally, I think the only way the housing shortage can be resolved is to relax planning rules. They are just too stringent. Getting planning permission to build in "green belt zones" is almost impossible. Getting the same planning permission to extend or convert an existing property can be a pain.

A developer could have the best intentions only for residents of the community to reject their proposal during the consultation stage, hence putting the councils in a limbo.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Some folks are best ignored. How do you expect someone with naij mentality, where folks who drive banger Peugeot 407 get chauffeured around like King Jaffe Joffer know what segregation/class problem is?

2 Likes

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Look at KMB Post.. which is below yours and the trail on why Cameroun came to RCCG will get warmer to you
or else you are really in the dark... i post you KMB Post for you just to get you going in thought

get lost abeg.

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Lmaoooo grin grin grin grin

This is a Good Thread... and it will expose those Nigerians who are "Clue-less" about the Foreign countries
they live in
and those Nigerians who are supposed to be educated and upper class/Intellectually Exposed
living Back home in Nigeria
who are clue-less about the Global Political Economy that they are faced with.

i think Morpheus said it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mu_8w6db5M
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

get lost abeg.

Truth Hurts Dude...well i guess when people like KMB, myself and others speak from a rational logical
standpoint people get offended....

But i will post the pic again..so that reality will sink in for you...

As they say in Yonkers "whats New? same sh*** different toilet!"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2323748_img20150418wa0002_jpeg210ef95b181afbb35c42d457a638cd90
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
toyeoye:
Politicians!! The same yesterday, today and till tomorrow

CO-SIGN....You can tell when a Politician is lying "when his lips are moving" lol
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Obamani: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I'm a little familiar with how planning permissions work for developers. If I remember correctly, they are to earmark 10% of flats from the proposed construction for affordable housing and that's not too much in my opinion considering the money these developers make in return.

Apart from providing homes, the essence of the "affordable housing" clause is to ensure social equality. Certain houses/postcodes should not be reserved for the rich only.

Personally, I think the only way the housing shortage can be resolved is to relax planning rules. They are just too stringent. Getting planning permission to build in "green belt zones" are almost impossible. Getting the same planning permission to extend or convert an existing property can also be a pain.

A developer could have the best intentions only for residents of the community to reject their proposal during the consultation stage, hence putting the councils in a limbo.

I fully agree with you regarding the need to relax the strict planning rules. I've been a property developer for 7 years now and the red tape regarding extensions and conversions of homes to flats is ridiculous. Safety, suitability and visual impact should be their main consideration. Splitting an extended house with a floor space of 180m2 into 2 flats is impossible if the original floor space was under 130m2. A house with 7 massive bedrooms can only be used as HMO but some 3 bedroom house can get planning permission to become 2 flats. Land is not infinite. If they want more homes they will have to start building taller.

It's not easy for developers, the restrictions and red tape eats into most of the profits. What most people don't understand is that if profits become too small for the developers, they will simply invest their money elsewhere and NO houses would get built.

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Obamani: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Some folks are best ignored. How do you expect someone with naij mentality, where folks who drive banger Peugeot 407 get chauffeured around like King Jaffe Joffer know what segregation/class problem is?

You are such a dunce. What naij mentality are you talking about? You have no idea of my upbringing, class or background. You score zero on your profiling skills.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
Obamani:

You are such a dunce. What naij mentality are you talking about? You have no idea of my upbringing, class or background. You score zero on your profiling skills.

Obnoxious stark illiterate, I don't need to peruse too tough to get a clear picture of ya background. The idiotic logic you spouted on the subject-matter, is enough to know the cloth you were cut from.

Anyone with an IQ higher than 70, and who isn't from a society where classism thrives with impunity - where poor folks turn other poor folks to maids, and poor folks driving bangers get chauffeured around by other poor folks - would have seen everything wrong with segregated doors within the same building.

Now, run along, you despicable yokelish bonobo.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Obamani:

I fully agree with you regarding the need to relax the strict planning rules. I've been a property developer for 7 years now and the red tape regarding extensions and conversions of homes to flats is ridiculous. Safety, suitability and visual impact should be their main consideration. Splitting an extended house with a floor space of 180m2 into 2 flats is impossible if the original floor space was under 130m2. A house with 7 massive bedrooms can only be used as HMO but some 3 bedroom house can get planning permission to become 2 flats. Land is not infinite. If they want more homes they will have to start building taller.

It's not easy for developers, the restrictions and red tape eats into most of the profits. What most people don't understand is that if profits become too small for the developers, they will simply invest their money elsewhere and NO houses would get built.

Ahan smiley this is interesting. smiley

I took an elective course in Property Economics while I was at Uni and I was amazed at all the planning permission red tapes and how a "mere" planning permission "in principle" could affect the value of the property and how it could influence the interest of banks, etc to back such development.

You are right about the height restrictions -especially for proposed developments around Grade A listed buildings. Building works near a listed building has its own special conditions too. *sighs*

I doff my heart to property developers. Agreed, they make a lot of money but they do A LOT of work and brainstorming.

I don't see their profits becoming too small to be honest. All they need is to raise the cost of their houses. As long as the property is situated in a good location, they will be inundated with offers from interested buyers/those looking at renting.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
Obamani:

I knew shymexx was going to come for you grin grin

He doesn't joke with social inequality.

One of his mentors is the late Malcolm X, so go figure grin

Sheath your swords please wink
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Obnoxious stark illiterate, I don't need to peruse too tough to get a clear picture of ya background. The idiotic logic you spouted on the subject-matter, is enough to know the cloth you were cut from.

Anyone with an IQ higher than 70, and who isn't from a society where classism thrives with impunity - where poor folks turn other poor folks to maids, and poor folks driving bangers get chauffeured around by other poor folks - would have seen everything wrong with segregated doors within the same building.

Now, run along, you despicable yokelish bonobo.

Bro, let it slide please wink

I can see you bringing out the Malcolm X in you grin

Please, let it slide
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by naijaboyof4life(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
Celepope:
All these Naija Pastors get level sha.@OP mind what you think about men of God and do not incur the wrath of God.My 2 kobo advice. cool

Abi the wrath of God should not go on these Pastors that bring politics to the house of God. When did you see Jesus bring a king to speak to the people in order to gain votes.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by SirShymexx: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Bro, let it slide please wink

I can see you bringing out the Malcolm X in you grin

Please, let it slide

Lol. Okay, I will let it go.

The whole thing is more or less like Charles Dicken's London, where classism thrived - and there was segregation everywhere.

Yes, it is profit-oriented and developers want to maximise profits. However, without these disadvantaged folks - council wouldn't grant them permission in the first place. So, it is only right you look after them as well, and treat them equally. Once you start segregating folks, then it is problematic.

New York had the same problem with developers for the gentrification going on right now out there as well. But the Mayor had to stop the madness. However, with London, Boris has be adamant and he doesn't even care. Heck, those flats are extremely expensive and most of them go for about three grand a month. So, they are making so much money off them.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Ralphlauren(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Okay, I will let it go.

The whole thing is more or less like Charles Dicken's London, where classism thrived - and there was segregation everywhere.

Yes, it is profit-oriented and developers want to maximise profits. However, without these disadvantaged folks - council wouldn't grant them permission in the first place. So, it is only right you look after them as well, and treat them equally. Once you start segregating folks, then it is problematic.

New York had the same problem with developers for the gentrification going on right now out there as well. But the Mayor had to stop the madness. However, with London, Boris has be adamant and he doesn't even care. Heck, those flats are extremely expensive and most of them go for about three grand a month. So, they are making so much money off them.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from and I totally agree with you. I honestly never knew such existed until you mentioned it. What the developers are doing is all shades of wrong and it's shameful that Boris is letting them get away with it.

I really doubt if such will fly in scotland. I trust the Scots to do the needful grin grin

Even if there are going to provide separate entrances, each entrance should have the same "posh" appearance, after all the flats with the best views go to their rich clients and not those on the council's waiting list for accommodation.
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by martinosi: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijababe:

I nor fit shout! Other than bragging rights for redeemers, I dont see what his presence has to with anything. The total ethnic vote is not even worth headache seg! Just because he is there, RCCG will become the poster church for toffs, when mAjority of attendees never get papers?
Use your know it all wisely next time mate.

What a Shame..... is this your level of Political Knowledege
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by TV01(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Evening Martinosi,

I'm interested in knowing the reasons which you you are alluding too. I initially posted without looking -assuming it was a "religion" thread - I am actually more interested in pursuing a discussion on the religious implications.

Having said that, what is it you are insinuating? Politically it's clearly a great strategy to influence the "religious" vote - Sikh temple the day after, with probably more Temples/Synagogues/Mosques to come grin. And he so obviously stroked their "blab it and grab it mentality" - it was so cringe worthy (but like a lot of the aspirational sermons they undoubtedly hear every week.

Slightly more codedly, the Government already "owns" any religious body that registers as a charity anyway - hence no outspoken opposition to Camerons "Gay charter" - they simply can't, whatever they feel.

So what else is there? I'm always happy to be fed on occasion grin

Thanks
TV
Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by sukkot: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2015
RaptorX:
Cc:
Sukkot, Sir Shymmex
bros this is all a circus show. however the powers that be all dabble in celestial powers. all their powers to rule over the world are celestially endowed and they know things that will happen long before the masses which is why they have their little symbolic ' illuminati displays ' on oscars night or the superbowl half time show or the grammy or the brits awards etc etc. those are prophesies coded that they are giving out in those symbolic performances. they have to tip their hand before going ahead to execute. the point being they know that a shift has come. the celestial powers have spoken. the sun will be shinning south of the equator next meaning sanity and prosperity is returning to africa. so cameron is paying homage based on the celestial knowledge he is privileged to. however this is a circus act because he is paying homage to a circus act. he needs to be paying homage to the man that will lead this revolution, SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
sukkot:
bros this is all a circus show. however the powers that be all dabble in celestial powers. all their powers to rule over the world are celestially endowed and they know things that will happen long before the masses which is why they have their little symbolic ' illuminati displays ' on oscars night or the superbowl half time show or the grammy or the brits awards etc etc. those are prophesies coded that they are giving out in those symbolic performances. they have to tip their hand before going ahead to execute. the point being they know that a shift has come. the celestial powers have spoken. the sun will be shinning south of the equator next meaning sanity and prosperity is returning to africa. so cameron is paying homage based on the celestial knowledge he is privileged to. however this is a circus act because he is paying homage to a circus act. he needs to be paying homage to the man that will lead this revolution, SAI BUHARI

Gotta love BUZUGEE! grin grin grin grin

@ martinosi, that is my level of political knowledge! So when are you gracing this thread with the true significance of Cameron's visit? At least someone's asked you nicely.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by sukkot: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
naijababe:

Gotta love BUZUGEE! grin grin grin grin

@ martinosi, that is my level of political knowledge! So when are you gracing this thread with the true significance of Cameron's visit? At least someone's asked you nicely.
how are ya sweerie. i trust ya weekend went nicely grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bede Chukwuekezie Brutalized By Governor Ugwuanyi's Police In Enugu (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Meets Arsene Wenger, Drogba And Israeli PM In Russia (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Fractured Her Leg While Trying To Beat Aminu Adamu - Ja’afar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.