Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! (3270 Views)

List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 8:41am On Apr 19, 2015
PPAngel:

You are a fool if you think your weak Taqiyya lie will work on me.

You are not only a Muslim but a fanatically one.

You blind vote for Buhari was because you hated having a Christian as your leader.

Well, I can guarantee that Buhari after his recent campaign accross Nigeria is better suited now than ever to appreciate Nigeria's diversity even compared to when he was head of state or campaigning in 2011.

Your Buhari lacks the power to proscribe any group or religion as this will go contrary to the constitution which guarantees freedom of association and freedom to practice ones religion peacefully.

Please stop mentioning me because I hate to waste my time with compound goats like you.
Let me mention you one more time, before you conclude about me, ask your self these questions, Why Is Nigeria Moving Four steps Forward and 30 years backwards. Have a wonderful Sun day.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by PPAngel(f): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2015
bolaino:
Let me mention you one more time, before you conclude about me, ask your self these questions, Why Is Nigeria Moving Four steps Forward and 30 years backwards. Have a wonderful Sun day.

Because of brain dead ediots like you who are so full of hate.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by Day169: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2015
Hi boliano, I salute ur courage picking on a topic as sensitive as this. This country has never been so divided, on religious and ethnic lines as it is today.
I think you have made ur point n I expect those entrusted with the Nation's destiny to do the right thing.
I'd advice that u maintain a gentleman's disposition n refrian from the "face off" this post is gradually degenerating into.
Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
Day169:
Hi boliano, I salute ur courage picking on a topic as sensitive as this. This country has never been so divided, on religious and ethnic lines as it is today.
I think you have made ur point n I expect those entrusted with the Nation's destiny to do the right thing.
I'd advice that u maintain a gentleman's disposition n refrian from the "face off" this post is gradually degenerating into.
Thank You.
Thank you very much, and I'll do my best to refrain myself from reacting to provoking arguments. Thank you.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by adaybayor(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
i will rather have Buhari probe that bling bling wearing Pastor for is role in the SA money laundering disgrace

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by akoaki(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
The day nigerians become bold to talk critically about religion and religious leaders, great things will start to happen. Just like corruption, poverty,insecurity etc, the best way to solve a problem is to subject it to critical public discourse as it is being done in civilized societies. As long as most of us are not willing or afraid to talk openly and objectively about our leaders ( be it political, traditional or religious leaders) the menace of reckless impunity will remain deep rooted in our society and may eventually slow down our growth and development as a nation. Or is it a case of " touch not my anointed "?
Nigerians, wake up now from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
adaybayor:
i will rather have Buhari probe that bling bling wearing Pastor for is role in the SA money laundering disgrace
My point exactly, Thank you.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
akoaki:
The day nigerians become bold to talk critically about religion and religious leaders, great things will start to happen. Just like corruption, poverty,insecurity etc, the best way to solve a problem is to subject it to critical public discourse as it is being done in civilized societies. As long as most of us are not willing or afraid to talk openly and objectively about our leaders ( be it political, traditional or religious leaders) the menace of reckless impunity will remain deep rooted in our society and may eventually slow down our growth and development as a nation. Or is a case of " touch not my anointed "?
Nigerians, wake up now from your slumber.
You've hit the nail on the head.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
4rm my observation this op is a boko haramite, hater
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by adaybayor(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolaino:
My point exactly, Thank you.

Ayo Oritshejafor is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
adaybayor:

Ayo Oritshejafor is a disgrace
he is nothing but a con man, the man is Everything that is wrong with CAN, he brought a form of corruption to The christian Body and that is the reason The catholic church in Nigeria decided to leave CAN.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vanityupnvanity:
4rm my observation this op is a boko haramite, hater
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you explain in detail your points exactly, Thank you.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by adaybayor(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolaino:
he is nothing but a con man, the man is Everything that is wrong with CAN, he brought a form of corruption to The christian Body and that is the reason The catholic church in Nigeria decided to leave CAN.

i wonder where the id..iat has been hiding since GEJ lost the election, he is now no where to found. now he must be ,ade to reveal how he got the private jet.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
adaybayor:

i wonder where the id..iat has been hiding since GEJ lost the election, he is now no where to found. now he must be ,ade to reveal how he got the private jet.
Thank you once again, The Story of the private jet, he should tell us more about his private jet, I am interested in that his plane, that is alleged to be used in the Buying of arms and ammunition. Why was his plane involved in an arms deal gone sour? These and many more are questions that he needs to answer, he is in hiding, where else would he be.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by ApexTitan(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
eejo:
Buhari can never do that he should probe boko harm

grin grin

The OP must be having a slow weekend that's why he spreading this kind of talk. Many people, even supporters of Buhari, still believe that Buhari's executive power in a democracy is complete and overarching. The distinction between a democracy and a dictatorship is yet to be fully appreciated by them (and I daresay, going by some of his comments during this and previous elections, that Buhari himself does not fully realise this difference)

Regardless whether the concerns about CAN are genuine or not, it is not Buhari's place to probe such an organisation. CAN is not an extension of government and so is not answerable to it nor does the Nigerian constitution recognise CAN. The OP's
suggestion, assuming it is even remotely possible, is at best a political minefield. The blowback from any government sanctioned probe of this nature can wreck presidencies.

Buhari might as well probe FIFA or the International Boys Scout if he is to probe CAN.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
ApexTitan:

grin grin

The OP must be having a slow weekend that's why he spreading this kind of talk. Many people, even supporters of Buhari, still believe that Buhari's executive power in a democracy is complete and overarching. The distinction between a democracy and a dictatorship is yet to be fully appreciated by them (and I daresay, going by some of his comments during this and previous elections, that Buhari himself fully realises this difference)

Regardless whether the concerns about CAN are genuine or not, it is not Buhari's place to probe such an organisation. CAN is not an extension of government and so is not answerable to it nor does the Nigerian constitution recognise CAN. The OP's
suggestion, assuming it was remotely possible, is at best a political minefield. The blowback from any government sanctioned probe of this nature can wreck presidencies.

Buhari might as well probe FIFA or the International Boys Scout if he is to probe CAN.
so should we allow the alleged corruption in CAN, strive
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by ApexTitan(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolaino:

The members of CAN should be the ones to put their house in order. The president has no business in this.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
ApexTitan:

The members of CAN should be the ones to put their house in order. The president has no business in this.
And this is where I disagree, let me explain further, I was Born a Christian, and In my Nigerian Passport, I have Christianity as My religion, I have been baptized and I have a baptisimal certificate to prove so, I believe I should be able, to an extent, explain some of the intricacies of Christian Theology/dogma, you see, in the real sense of Christianity, The Religion does not support a body like CAN, it is not written in The bible, That followers of Jesus The christ, should have an Apex body that unites various christian bodies with contradicting Religious Ideologies together, Rather the Bible calls people who engage in such activities Hypocrites, so in Retrospect, Jesus The Christ would be happy (if he were on earth today) to see that a fraudulent christian Body, Like CAN is Investigated. Not to talk of The President Elect. Or God Willing The President of Nigeria come may 29, haba, Sai Baba does not condone any form of corruption. Be it church or Mosque corruption.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sai Baba! Sai Buhari, Kai!!!!!!!
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by ApexTitan(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolaino:
And this is where I disagree, let me explain further, I was Born a Christian, and In my Nigerian Passport, I have Christianity as My religion, I have been baptized and I have a baptisimal certificate to prove so, I believe I should be able, to an extent, explain some of the intricacies of Christian Theology/dogma, you see, in the real sense of Christianity, The Religion does not support a body like CAN, it is not written in The bible, That followers of Jesus The christ, should have an Apex body that unites various christian bodies with contradicting Religious Ideologies together, Rather the Bible calls people who engage in such activities Hypocrites, so in Retrospect, Jesus The Christ would be happy (if he were on earth today) to see that a fraudulent christian Body, Like CAN is Investigated. Not to talk of The President Elect. Or God Willing The President of Nigeria come may 29, haba, Sai Baba does not condone any form of corruption. Be it church or Mosque corruption.

Let us not drag the Lord Christ into this.

By all means also let CAN be investigated if they so desire but suggesting that it should be Buhari, the president of Nigeria who is himself a muslim, that should do the investigating is unwise.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
ApexTitan:

Let us not drag the Lord Christ into this.

By all means also let CAN be investigated if they so desire but suggesting that it should be Buhari, the president of Nigeria who is himself a muslim, that should do the investigating is unwise.
in That case I agree with you, the investigation would be carried out by an independent body, like The EFCC, ICPC, DSS, Or NPF.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by juman(m): 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
The thread is funny. grin grin

In nigeria, the religious leaders are generally shamelessly shameful. They thinks of nothing except money.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
juman:
The thread is funny. grin grin

In nigeria, the religious leaders are generally shamelessly shameful. They thinks of nothing except money.

Very True.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by lomprico(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
bolaino:
Azzhole as in Nyansh, Shebi?
Yes o! Nyash hole whey sh¡t dey fall commot from, na wetin u be!

2 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by emmasege: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
bolaino:
What's your problem with CAN, Mr. Ishmaelite? Can't you find another thing to think about?. Your posts do not only indicate your high degree of illiteracy and religious bigotry, but also of extremism. Were it not that Nairaland is a faceless forum, the anti-terrorist unit of the Nigerian armed forces should be in your trail by now because you are not only a threat to national peace but also to global peace. I mean you are a potential ISIS member, if you are not yet one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by kay1one2(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
Born throway!

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by Olofintoto(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
I don't think it's necessary coz pple might term it to something else.
God is the best judge in some issues.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
emmasege:

What's your problem with CAN, Mr. Ishmaelite? Can't you find another thing to think about?. Your posts do not only indicate your high degree of illiteracy and religious bigotry, but also of extremism. Were it not that Nairaland is a faceless forum, the anti-terrorist unit of the Nigerian armed forces should be in your trail by now because you are not only a threat to national peace but also to global peace. I mean you are a potential ISIS member, if you are not yet one.
Thank You, I know that I am a threat, But I Thank You For acknowledging that fact.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to appeal To supporters of The Good General, Sai Baba, that he should put all his resources together in investigating the Christian Apex Body. CAN Christian Association Of Nigeria. The group is one of Nigeria's biggest problem and the sooner the group is disbanded the better. The group has been turned into a political/money making enterprise, and these criminal minded fraudsters go to their various churches and teach their followers their corrupt ways thereby leading to wild spread of that form of corruption, and before you know it has become normal for a man to jerry curl his hair to a place of worship, are you jimmy hendrix? I assure the incoming federal government that I will be a willing party in investigating some of these con Men who lie in the name of God to collect money from hard working Nigerians.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2015
I believe the sooner these investigations are started the better for Nigerians.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by bolaino(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2015
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to appeal To supporters of The Good General, Sai Baba, that he should put all his resources together in investigating the Christian Apex Body. CAN Christian Association Of Nigeria. The group is one of Nigeria's biggest problem and the sooner the group is disbanded the better. The group has been turned into a political/money making enterprise, and these criminal minded fraudsters go to their various churches and teach their followers their corrupt ways thereby leading to wild spread of that form of corruption, and before you know it has become normal for a man to jerry curl his hair to a place of worship, are you jimmy hendrix? I assure the incoming federal government that I will be a willing party in investigating some of these con Men who lie in the name of God to collect money from hard working Nigerians.
Re: Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! by boliano(m): 8:28am On May 25, 2015
bolaino:
I believe the sooner these investigations are started the better for Nigerians.

I suggest not only can leader should be probe but all office holder with infidel records........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXPOSED: How Dangote's Staff, Sunday Esan Lavishes Dollars On Women (photos) / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway,All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos / Photo:goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.