Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:12 PM

Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies (1606 Views)

Why Do Guys Seem More Justified For Cheating? / Who Is More Jealous In A Relationship? Guys Or Ladies. / Who Is More Jealous In A Relationship,the Guy Or The Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by HH(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2006
i feel a lady would allow her guy for a one nite stand with her close friend and still keep the relationship but its completely impossible for a guy to allow his gal for a nite stand with his close friend and still keep d relationship.
does that mean women are emotionaly stronger than men?
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by realpple(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2006
hi dear
I read ur message.Dat kool.Ok, let me ask u a questn.I u do dat urself.If yes,then ,
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Free(f): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2006
@real
what da huh??

@topic
hmmm i dont think women are emotionally stronger than men kraaaaaa
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Damollar(m): 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2006
HH:

i feel a lady would allow her guy for a one night stand with her close friend and still keep the relationship but its completely impossible for a guy to allow his girl for a night stand with his close friend and still keep d relationship.
does that mean women are emotionaly stronger than men?

There are individuals who use their feelings of jealousy to rate how much they love their partner or how much they are loved by their partner.

They believe, for instance, that if I’m feeling jealous that others are paying too much attention to my partner then that’s a sign of how much I love him/her.

Alternately they may believe that if I make my partner jealous through my friendships with others that it’s a sign of how much my partner loves me.

In the former case the feelings of jealousy simply reflect deep feelings of insecurity that have nothing to do with love. If your partner is being dishonest and this is obvious to you a more appropriate reaction might be to acknowledge this as a form of abuse and that this relationship is not worth entertaining further. In which case you should not feel jealous, rather relieved that you recognized it before you became further wounded.

In the latter case if “you” are intentionally “trying” to make you partner jealous to see how much he/she loves you then this too is coming from a place of deep insecurity, yours! In this case it is you who is being abusive and if this is your way of showing your love who do you expect would love you back for it, no one!

On the other hand if your partner is the jealous type and your friendships are not intended to make him/her jealous then he/she has the problem around insecurity and you the problem of deciding how much further to proceed in this relationship. If you too are insecure you may decide to put up with such a partner, If not, then you may decide otherwise, but then you already understood this.

So you see love and jealousy are not extensions of each other.

To get to a true place of love all your feelings of jealousy and therefore insecurity must be addressed for what they are; a sign that you are not yet ready for a mature relationship!
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2006
wow i really agree with you damollar.
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by candylips(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2006
smiley
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Damollar(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

wow i really agree with you damollar.

@Thoniaslim - thanx
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by candylips(m): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2006
damollar u r a wise man. i want to give u a Chieftency title in my village
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Damollar(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2006
candylips:

damollar you're a wise man. i want to give u a Chieftency title in my village

@candylips - lol
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by mekoyo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2006
Hi Guys

I dont see any reason why there should be jealousy in a relationship. In a relationship there should be trust, love, care and sharing. If u dont trust your partner then why are u in such a relationship, u better find ur level nd get out of it.

Relationships are built on trust nd remember u can only find true luv when u follow ur heart.[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]

best of luck
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by candylips(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2006
are u game. u will need to by 10 cows , 10 monkeys , 50 snakes and a live octopus for us to perfom the ritual  grin
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Damollar(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2006
mekoyo:

Relationships are built on trust nd remember u can only find true love when u follow your heart.[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]

@mekoyo - Love and jealousy are mutually exclusive.

At first, women feel quite flattered by all this attention as they mistake it for love. After all, a little jealousy is part of most relationships. ,

Think of the problem in a different way - remember that jealousy is a sign of love.
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by iice(f): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Topic i don't think guys are more jealous
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Damollar(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2006
[quote link=topic=22643.msg598112#msg598112 date=1157738474]
i don't think guys are more jealous
[quote][/quote]

Let's assume the best: A man and woman have navigated strategic interference and traps of deception ,
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by jintujinta(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
Damollar:

To get to a true place of love all your feelings of jealousy and therefore insecurity must be addressed for what they are; a sign that you are not yet ready for a mature relationship!

I quite agree with most of your points but i find it difficult to go with this. Are you saying there cant be jealousy in a mature relationship?
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
jintujinta:

Are you saying there can't be jealousy in a mature relationship?

@ Damollar - Well?? undecided
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by pleep(m): 12:50am On Jul 08, 2012
Cheating for men and women are two completely different things.
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 08, 2012
pleep: Cheating for men and women are two completely different things.

educate us....?
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by pleep(m): 1:18am On Jul 08, 2012
Its evolutionary phychology. Men have become more sensitive to infedelity because we have more to loose from it, this has been proven by studies showing that males are much more able to identify a cheating parter than women. In the past, when a woman was unfaithful there was a huge possibility that the man would end up raising an offspring that was not his, men who were less capable of spotting cheaters were less able to pass on their genes.

As it stands 1/6 of of all children born are not the child of the man who thinks he is the father.

In addition to this men idealize women, always have always will. Thats how we justify paying dowries, spending big bucks on rings, or paying for dates. When a chick cheats on you she falls of the pedestal and becomes a regular ol' b[i]i[/i]tch. grin
Re: Guys Seem More Jealous Than Ladies by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 08, 2012
lol mah Niqqah Pleep cheesy

Now im going to quietly tip toe out of this room while the Black Feminist Movement engage in trying to Maim you lol

(1) (Reply)

Sometimes Falling In Love Can Be An Out Of Body Experience. / Love Or Infactuation / Women Problems Starts With Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.