Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Igbo Man - Best Gift To Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Man - Best Gift To Nigeria (853 Views)

What Is The Best Gift To Get For Your Girlfriend With 180k (pictures Added) / ADVICE On The Best Gift To Give An EX On Her Wedding. / Have You Ever Bought A Gift To Your Gf And You Regret it afterwards. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man - Best Gift To Nigeria by IGBOnation: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Have you ever wondered what this country would have been like without Igbo men? If you have been to various business places and markets then you will know that the best gift God gave Nigeria is the Igbo man. Igbo men are the bedrock of a growing Nigerian economy. They buy and sell to Nigeria. Little wonder they are either comfortable or wealthy with only a few poor ones.

There is a usual saying that Igbos make money only via dubious means. I find this rather ridiculous. Some people are so comfortable being poor and can't fathom how others hustle and make money, that is why they ascribe Igbos hustle to ritual money.

The very state I did my service have some set of people very much comfortable with salaries as little as NGN 7,000 - NGN 20,000 per month, even with NCE, OND, HND, BSc and MSc. Now, how do you expect an Igbo man with BSc or MSc to be comfortable with that peanut?

These same people will call wealthy Igbo businessmen ritualist but will go sing songs of praises to the wives of these Igbo men just to get some pocket money. These are bunch of hanger-ons.

I know some people so comfortable getting married in their father's rented apartments. Not an Igbo man. I know some people who can't spend money on their wives. Most Igbo men spend on their wives. I know some people who jump from one wife to another, leaving the woman to train their children. Not an Igbo man. I know some people who reproduce for the street (giving birth and sending kids out to beg). Not an Igbo man.

If you don't like lying to yourself, then you will agree with me that Nigeria is surviving mainly because of the efforts of Igbo men.

God bless Ndigbo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man - Best Gift To Nigeria by francizy(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
hustle makes Igbos thick. One must not tie up the neck on daily basis just to make monthly pay.

Gbabanu mbo umu nwanne'm..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man - Best Gift To Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
I agree with some of your point but your last paragraph reeks of self importance and self glorification. Other tribes would have venture into business more without the Igbo and Nigeria would have still survive.

(1) (Reply)

Guys: How Do You React If A Lady Asked You To Tell Her A Story? / A Lady Who Knows What She Wants - Honestly Speaking By Elizabeth Aluko / Pls Judge Am I Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.