Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (84146 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lilboots:
I noticed chiwendu ihezuo played. I thought she was dropped angry angry
She might be on standby in case of any injury to any of the players on the final list.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
The Super Falcons will meet 2-time African champions, Equatorial Guinea in the 3rd round of the 2016 Olympic football qualifiers in July.
EQ beat Congo Brazzaville 7-0 on aggregate.
The first leg takes place between July 17-19, while the 2nd leg comes up between July 31-August 2.

The winners of the 2-legged tie will meet the winner between South Africa and Kenya, in the 4th round. The winner of the 4th round tie qualifies for the 2016 Olympics.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Hello Sir... You're rite abt only one thing. WE ARE IN THE TOUGHEST GROUP!!! And so what??!! Should we withdraw our participation and just quit? What abt the place of surprises, shocks, etc in soccer? This Falcons team is unique and can hold their own bro. Besides, in Oshoala, they have a future fifa Ballon d'or winner.

Also, in U.S. 99, an Akide-inspired super falcons made it to the quarter finals where they played the most classic game ever watched in Fifa WWC history against Brazil. So u're wrong about our not ever making it to the quarter finals. This year's tournament will feature 24 teams unlike 16 4m previous editions... So the road to another quarter final or possibly the final itself just got longer but NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Anoda correction I wanna make is dis. We made our debut in 1991 in China PR... And that's over 2 decades ago(24yrs to be exact).

Finally, we played a goalless draw against WORLD NO.8, CANADA (complete wit Christine Sinclair. Remember her from canada 2002 fifa u-20 women's world cup?) and we were the dominant team... We were kinda unfortunate not to hv scored (THIS HAD BEEN THE BANE OF WHY OUR GIRLS DONT DOMINATE AT THE SENIOR LEVEL GLOBALLY... WE usually dominate games but lose out due to a 'poor' chances created/goals converted ratio. We create chances but do not convert. Well, hopefully, Oparanozie, Ordega, Oshoala et al get it 'super' right in Canada... I beliv they will). And the game was played rite in their(canada's) backyard!!! Can u beat dat?

Pls, dont write off This Super Falcons coz they are indeed 'SUPER'... They have what it takes (the world and fifa.com may not have taken notice but they've been given a hint in Oshoala) to cause quite a stir at the World Cup...
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO SUPER FALCONS! ! ! ! !

SuperNerd you have a special gift, I don't know what you have chosen to become in life, but your writing skills, conviction, persuassion and thinking speaks volumes. Your posts are very powerful, in as much as they may not be confrontational, they attack and critisize wrong notions and instill the spirit of self belief. I can as well read the content of your heart from here. I have been following your posts in Flying Eagles Thread and over here but uptil now haven't found you wanting.
**youhaveagift**
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
dodobytes:
Fly Girls!!!!.....

This is great keep it coming
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
Honestly Sir, I'm really not good with praises... But thank you so much. I'm kinda 'humbled and lifted' by your comments. And u're right Sir, you can indeed tell the contents of a man's heart by his words even b4 he acts... Godbless.

Orkpekyandega:
SuperNerd you have a special gift, I don't know what you have chosen to become in life, but your writing skills, conviction, persuassion and thinking speaks volumes. Your posts are very powerful, in as much as they may not be confrontational, they attack and critisize wrong notions and instill the spirit of self belief. I can as well read the content of your heart from here. I have been following your posts in Flying Eagles Thread and over here but uptil now haven't found you wanting.
**youhaveagift**

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
Equatorial Guinea are fast becoming our fiercest rivals in African women football(that title still belongs to Ghana's Black Queens) but The Super Falcons will take them apart piece by piece after we must have excelled at the FIFA WWC in Canada... We cant be stopped... Rio 2016 here we come! ! ! ! !

CFCfan:
The Super Falcons will meet 2-time African champions, Equatorial Guinea in the 3rd round of the 2016 Olympic football qualifiers in July.
EQ beat Congo Brazzaville 7-0 on aggregate.
The first leg takes place between July 17-19, while the 2nd leg comes up between July 31-August 2.

The winners of the 2-legged tie will meet the winner between South Africa and Kenya, in the 4th round. The winner of the 4th round tie qualifies for the 2016 Olympics.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly Sir, I'm really not good with praises... But thank you so much. I'm kinda 'humbled and lifted' by your comments. And u're right Sir, you can indeed tell the contents of a man's heart by his words even b4 he acts... Godbless.

One of the xtics of good people is that 'they never see themselves as good' They alway believe they are average but on the path that leads to excellence.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Make these babes nor take pics forget the biz wey dem go do there oo.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Pics galore..carry go! #SuperFalcons#

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 03, 2015
^^
Sweden will fall grin
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
dodobytes:
Pics galore..carry go! #SuperFalcons#
What is that in Oshoala's hand that is lifted up? Could it be NIGERIAN magic/black charm?
Also who is that white babe amist them? Could she be the team psychologist?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 04, 2015
2 days to go...
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 9:11am On Jun 04, 2015
terzurum5:

What is that in Oshoala's hand that is lifted up? Could it be NIGERIAN magic/black charm?
Also who is that white babe amist them? Could she be the team psychologist?
Selfie stick maybe
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by olapluto(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2015
The falcons will be more impressive than the U20s. They just have this never say die attitude. Moreso, they are a bunch of young fearless group.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2015
‘Oshoala Good For World Glory’
Super Falcons striker, Perpetua Nkwocha has said the side’s markswoman, Asisat Oshoala has the potential to earn the accolade of world best woman footballer.
Nkwocha, who is with the African champions in Toronto, Canada in preparation for her fourth World Cup finals said Oshoala is a young talent with a great future noting that she has the talent to achieve a lot more with a bit of hard work and composure.
“Seeing Asisat play reminds me of my hay days. She has shown that she can do better than me by becoming Africa’s Best Woman Footballer at just 20 years of age and the world’s best young footballer.
“Right now she has been named BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year. She is heading in the right direction and I see her being among the best in the world in no distant time.
“I believe she is an improved version of me and I see her getting better and picking up personal and club awards along the line but she must work hard.
“I saw her play in Namibia at Africa Women Championship (AWC) and I must confess that I marvelled at her skills, pace and confidence with the ball.
“I will continue to pray for her so that she could last and do better in the game than I did,” said Nkwocha who has been on the active scene for 15 years to NFF official website, www.thenff.com.
The Liverpool Ladies lethal finisher is one of the stars tipped to flower at the upcoming 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup in Canada.
Falcons will compete for laurel in Group D together with former champions, the United States of America (USA), Sweden and Australia.
thenationonlineng.net/new/oshoala-good-for-world-glory/
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2015
2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, Canada: Nigeria Profile.
The road to Canada.
Nigeria have dominated women's football on the continent since the African Women's Championship (AWC) was first staged. The Super Falcons have won seven of nine tournaments and the two times they have not won the competition it did not double as a qualifying tournament for the FIFA Women's World Cup™. Their overall record at the AWC is a remarkable 36 wins and five draws in 45 matches.
They secured their ticket to Canada by winning the ninth AWC in Namibia in October, winning all five matches they played, scoring 16 goals in the process and conceding just three. They topped their group after comfortable victories against Namibia, Zambia and Côte d'Ivoire, before beating South Africa 2-1 in the semi-finals. In the championship match they secured a 2-0 victory against Cameroon.
Strengths and style
In Africa, the Super Falcons have achieved success playing an all-out attacking style of play and it is not surprising that the top two scorers from the African championship were Nigerian. But with nine goals between them, Desire Oparanozie (five) and Asisat Oshoala (four) eclipsed the total scored by any other team that played in Namibia. Although only 20, Oparanozie is vastly experienced, having represented their country at the 2011 Women's World Cup in Germany, the 2010 and 2012 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and the 2008 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup.
Oshoala played at the last two U-20 World Cup competitions and won the Golden Ball and Golden Boot award at Canada 2014. Nigeria will be hoping that the two players can take their form from Namibia to Canada. The Super Falcons defence will undoubtedly have more to do in Canada than they did in Namibia and coach Edwin Okon can depend on veteran Onome Ebi and Osinachi Ohale to marshal the defence.
The coach
Edwin Okon was appointed coach of the senior women's side after leading Nigeria's U-20 team to a fourth place finish at the U-20 World Cup in Japan. He is also in charge of Port Harcourt Premier League club Rivers Angels and several of the clubs' players are in his Super Falcons squad.
FIFA Women's World Cup record
- This is Nigeria's seventh appearance in the tournament, having qualified for each previous edition of the competition
- Nigeria's best performance was at USA 1999 when they were knocked out in the quarter-finals by Brazil after finishing second in their group
What they said
“We can't go to the World Cup to merely add to the numbers, but we're going there to participate and to prove a point. I can't say right away how far we'll go at the World Cup, but I'm positive we won't disappoint Nigerians when hostilities start in Canada. We have quality and experienced players in our midst who can turn things around," Asisat Oshoala, Nigeria striker.
Fixtures:
Groupe D (Winnipeg, Vancouver)
08-06-2015 Nigeria - Sweden
12-06-2015 Nigeria - Australia
15-06-2015 Nigeria - USA
www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCenter/News/NewsDetails?id=a090QAW8oHE%2bZcRflzLxTw%3d%3d
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:57am On Jun 04, 2015
Nigeria: Falcons Can Beat Sweden - Okpodu
Former Super Falcons coach, Sam Okpodu believes the side stands a good chance against Sweden at the FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada.
The Falcons will open its title account against the Scandinavian giants in Winnipeg on Monday.
Okpodu said even though the Scandinavian side has an excellent structure, the African champions can remedy the shortcoming with the abundant talents in its fold.
"Sweden has been consistent as a result of a sound programme and structure in place.
"This is quite opposite in our own case, but we have abundant talent.
"However, I believe the Falcons can make all of us proud against Sweden.
"The encounter is certain to be tough but if the team get its act perfectly right the team won't have any difficulties handling the side.
"The first match is quite key as a good result in the clash will boost its morale for the next matches against Australia and the United States of America.
"I think the team stands a good chance of surpassing the quarterfinal best performance achieved in 1999," said the coach of Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side Warri Wolves.
The seven-time African champions will campaign for honours in Group D together with former champions USA, Sweden and Australia.
allafrica.com/stories/201506031400.html?viewall=1
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2015
Super Falcons Seek to Step Up.
Nigeria have been Africa's commanding team in women's soccer, ever present at every Women's World Cup, and are finally hoping to step up and join the list of the tournament's top contenders.
The Super Falcons kept up an obligatory African presence at the last six World Cups but made little headway, demonstrating the gulf between their game and the more developed standard of women's football in Europe and North America.
But in recent years the gap has narrowed and after Nigeria finished runner-up in last year's Under-20 Women's World Cup, there are now hopes Nigeria could be a realistic challenger.
"Our desire is to be counted at the World Cup and we won't leave any stone unturned to ensure we achieve the target," coach Edwin Okon said in a recent Nigeria press interview ahead of the June 6-July 5 Women's World Cup in Canada.
The target is at least a place in the last eight, emulating Nigeria's best ever achievement at a Women's World Cup when they got to the quarterfinals in 1999.
Key to Nigeria's hopes will be a positive result in their opening game in Group D against Sweden in Winnipeg on Monday. They also play Australia and the United States in a tough draw.
Okon has put heavy emphasis on fitness ahead of the tournament and there has been a lengthy preparatory camp.
African Women's Footballer of the year Asisat Oshoala leads their squad, having made a recent move to join Liverpool's ladies team and in the process become the first African in England's Women's Super League.
She is an exciting forward who was voted the best player at last year's U-20 Women's World Cup, also played in Canada, after a tournament-record seven goals.
The Nigerian captain is Evelyn Nwabuoko and 12 of the players are foreign-based, a major factor in the improvement of Nigeria's performances.
"As African champions I want you to go to the World Cup this time with a clear determination to do better than any of your predecessors have ever done," Nigerian Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick told the team before they left for Canada two weeks ago. "We believe you can."
mobi.supersport.com/football/fifa-womens-world-cup/news/150603/Super_Falcons_seek_to_step_up
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Update:

-Over 920,000 tickets have been sold, out of a max of 1.5 million

-33% of the group games are sold out, including the USA's 3 group matches.

-The opening match between Canada and China is already sold out. 52,000 fans are expected to cheer on the teams on Saturday.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by daveP(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
CFCfan:
^^when we meet them,
Sweden will fall grin
but before we meet Eq Guinea, They will trip

grin i had to pre-modify your... Lolz

Perpetua gat a pretty smile there. I think Desire would be extraordinary against the Swede, just feel it.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by daveP(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
When i say Super, you say duper

Super
re: Duper

Super
re: Duper

give me an F.

re: F

move to an A

re:A

How about an L

re: L

(notoriou BIG beat accompanies the followup)

a C, an O, ah N

re: (aloud) ah Cee, an O, ah Nnnn

(applause)

say ssssss

all:Ssssssssssssss

SUPER FALCONS!!!!!

Bring me Perpetua Desire@SuperZee!

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Canada 2015: Supporters Flay Visa Denial.
Members of Nigeria Football Supporters Club (NFSC) have protested the non-issuance of visas by the Canadian Embassy to about 300 members who are preparing to travel to Canada to support the Super Falcons in the FIFA Women’s World Cup kicking of tomorrow.
President General, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, said in a statement that of the 170 visa applications released by the embassy, only 19 members were issued visas, despite the members not having issues with previous travels.
“It is unfortunate that a supporters’ club that has been adjudged by FIFA as the best in the world will be denied visas to go and support their team despite their hotel accommodation being fully booked,” Ladipo said.
“We are also surprised that some of our members who have traveled to many countries with visas of those countries in their passports were not considered worthy of visas to Canada,” he added.
“We have appealed to the Canadian Embassy to rescind its decision in the spirit of sportsmanship and the cordial relationship existing between Nigeria and Canada because the integrity of our club is intact.”
nationalmirroronline.net/new/canada-2015-supporters-flay-visa-denial/.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
Pls any one with an idea on how other African representative in the FIFA Women World Cup are preparing the tournament?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Canada 2015: Falcons In Winnipeg.
Nigeria’s senior women team on Thursday morning moved to Winnipeg, venue of their first two group games in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup that begins on June 6.
The African representatives are paired with two time winners and favorites USA, Sweden and Australia in an undoubtedly Group of Death as they chase honours at the World Cup which holds from June 6 to July 5.
The Super Falcons touched down in Canada on May 20 and had been finalizing their preparation for the competition at their training base in Toronto. There, they played out a scoreless draw with World Cup hosts Canada and later whitewashed a Canadian Women League One side WoodBridge 9-0 in their two friendly matches.
Edwin Okon’s ladies will play their first opening two games at Winnipeg before moving to another hosts city, Vancouver for their final group phase match.
Nigeria who have participated in all Women’s World Cup will be aiming to surpass their best ever finish in USA 1999’s quarter-final.
Meanwhile, group opponents Sweden have arrived in Winnipeg on Wednesday ahead of their June 8 opening game with Nigeria. USA on Monday touched down in Winnipeg ahead of its opening match next Monday in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
leadership.ng/sports/438462/canada-2015-falcons-in-winnipeg
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
Pls any one with an idea on how other African representatives in the FIFA Women World Cup are preparing for the tournament?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Falcons Plan for Sweden, USA in Winnipeg.
Nigeria’s Super Falcons have settled in Winnipeg, venue of their group stage matches ahead of the 7th FIFA Women’s World Cup that kicks-off in Canada tomorrow.
Falcons departed Toronto, venue of their final training camp, for Winnipeg yesterday, getting ready for their opening game of the tournament against Sweden next Monday.
In Toronto for two weeks, the team played two friendly games against World Cup hosts Canada and local female club side, Woodbridge FC and has expressed determination to confront other Group D opponents, USA and Australia.
Before leaving their Novotel Hotel camp in Toronto, Coach Edwin Okon dropped three players who didn’t make the final cut.
The three players are: Sandra Chiichii (goalkeeper), Maryam Ibrahim (defender) and Chinwendu Ihezuo (forward). Yesterday, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) said in a statement that the trio, who were part of the silver-winning U-20 team last year also in Canada, wished the team well as they started their journey back to Nigeria.
Okon, however told the girls that their non-selection was not as a result of poor form, but because a certain number of players must be selected for the World Cup.
“I want you girls to know that you are all good footballers and were not dropped because you are not good enough. We just had to take a certain number and you are as good as any of your teammates chosen for the tournament proper.
“I want you to go home with your heads held high as there would be more opportunities to serve your country which I know you are so eager to do,” the coach said.
nationalmirroronline.net/new/falcons-plan-for-sweden-usa-in-winnipeg/
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
Looking at thiabour group again send shivers down my spine. Our best bet seems to be the game against Australia as Sweden and the US in that order are our biggest threat. It could have been easier for UA to beat the US but I want to believe that playing in Canada gives the US some form of home advantage. I may be wrong though or I hope I'm wrong. I wish the girls sha. At least, we can get a win and a draw or two, we will scale through.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
On their way to Winnipeg..

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Arriving Winnipeg..

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
first training at Winnipeg..

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Falcons Won’t Perform Magic at World Cup.
Former Super Falcons coach, Kadiri Ikhana, has said he is unconvinced the side were adequately prepared to excel at the upcoming FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.
The 24-team quadrennial global football showpiece will kick off today in Canada, though the nation’s representatives will wait till Monday to open their title account against the Scandinavian giants, Sweden, in Winnipeg.
Ikhana said regrettably that the senior women national side are hardly prepared adequately for any championship, despite a record of positive achievements for their fatherland.
“Of course, it’s near or almost impossible to achieve a landmark in a major competition without adequate preparations.
“Super Falcons have been the worst off when it comes to preparations for championships notwithstanding proven record of past achievements.
“Falcons are hardly prepared for championships yet a lot is still expected from them almost from nothing.
“I’m not convinced that they are well prepared for the challenges expected at the upcoming FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.
“Perhaps that’s more or less the reason I have avoided the forces who are expecting a magical performance at the World Cup.
“Ordinarily, Falcons should be a force to reckon with in any event as the players have been together for a while, but togetherness itself does not translate to instant success without the main ingredients.
“I’m not writing off the side completely as they have quality legs that can turn things around for good, but we should be realistic in our expectations.
“Had everything been done right (preparation) the side have potential to go as far as semi-final or further at the competition.
“However, let’s support them with prayers hoping they will start the campaign on a decent note against Sweden,” said the Enyimba head coach to supersport.com.
The reigning African champions are pitched in Group D together with former champions, USA, Sweden and Australia while the top two will progress to the knockout stage of the competition.
thenationonlineng.net/new/falcons-wont-perform-magic-at-wc/
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2015
FIFA Women’s World Cup: NFF gives Falcons second round target
Posted by: Our Reporterin Sports10 hours ago
As The Super Falcons will be kicking off their quest for World Cup glory in Canada this weekend, scribe of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, has revealed that the players are injury-free and in a competitive mood ahead of the tournament.
Speaking with www.footballlive.ng,Ikpeme stressed that the team’s top priority as spelt out by the football Federation is for the Edwin Okon-tutored side to advance beyond the group stage.
“It’s been good. They’re going there as African champions, they’ve had a wonderful pre-competition preparation. They were here at home and went to Canada to further prepare, we thank God there’s no injury. Secondly, the training is progressing well.
“Thirdly, the players themselves are in a very good, competitive mood, it was good we gave them that friendly against Canada. At least they have an idea of their likely opponents and what’s expected of them.
“I want to be very realistic here, over time the Super Falcons always qualified for the World Cup but they’ve never gone beyond the group stage, perhaps just once and it was a long time ago. So, between them and the Federation we have said that they must go beyond, at least the group stage,” Dr Ikpeme disclosed.
thenationonlineng.net/new/fifa-womens-world-cup-nff-gives-falcons-second-round-target/

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply)

Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court / Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.