Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (83980 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Yes she cost us the cup but she is a good player, in the group stage she was our best player i believe the Oshoala hype got to her head.

Loveth Ayila is worse than Halimatu Ayinde. Arguably, the best players at their positions on this Nigerian Falcons are Ngozi Okobi and Ngozi Ebere. Ebere is a very good left back for the team.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Duru1:

You may recall the above post because Cameroon is letting Switzerland have lt. If only the Nigerian Falcons attackers could borrow a leaf from the unselfish play being displayed by the Cameroonian attackers, the issue of bloody coach such as Edswine Okon should not have arisen.. Cameroon is the best African women team in this FIFA Canada 2015.
And they've done it. Cameroon become the first African debutants to advance to the knockout round.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Cameroon will meet China in the Round of 16. And I dare say they could match China player for player.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by khattab02: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Weldon Cameroon!!

I think by now they should be the best African team in the group stage of a FIFA women World cup in terms of goals and points earned.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
khattab02:
Weldon Cameroon!!

I think by now they should be the best African team in the group stage of a FIFA women World cup in terms of goals and points earned.
Right. The previous record was 5, by the Falcons in 1999. Cameroon scored 9 goals.

But The SF still hold the record for most in a tournament with 8 goals, also scored in 1999.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 17, 2015
Super Falcons line up:

Dede; Chukwunonye, Ebi, Sarah Nnodim, Ngozi Ebere; Nwabuoku, Okobi, Esther Sunday, Courtney Dike, Oshoala, Ordega.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by khattab02: 12:12am On Jun 17, 2015
CFCfan:
Super Falcons line up:

Dede; Chukwunonye, Ebi, Sarah Nnodim, Ngozi Ebere; Nwabuoku, Okobi, Esther Sunday, Courtney Dike, Oshoala, Ordega.
hmmmm...

what do you make up of the line up?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13am On Jun 17, 2015
OMG! Cameroun the best? Hahaha... Pls Sir I beg of u...
Cameroun faced Ecuador(d worst team at dis tournament), Japan(defending champions who aren't at their best in dis WWC), and Switzerland(who in da heavens is Switzerland in women's soccer?). Hey! Taking nuffin 4m d camerounians ok. They are a decent side but cant stand d Super Falcons... We took dis same camerounian team to da cleaners at d Awc final late last year and will still do so again.

The Super Falcons are in a group up against 3 Of THE TOP 10 SIDES IN WOMEN'S SOCCER WORLDWIDE. Give me a break!
U.S.A(Reigning Olympic, Concacaf and Algarve cup Champions and World no.1).
Sweden(European Powerhouse, bronze medallists at 2011 fifa wwc and World no.5).
Australia(AFC Runners-up and World no.10).

Put Nigeria wit Ecuador, Japan and Switzerland and u'll see D falcons bag at least 7points.

Put Cameroun wit d Aussies, d Swedes and d USWNT... Cameroun wont pick up a point #ThatIsAFact

Duru1:

You may recall the above post because Cameroon is letting Switzerland have lt. If only the Nigerian Falcons attackers could borrow a leaf from the unselfish play being displayed by the Cameroonian attackers, the issue of bloody coach such as Edswine Okon should not have arisen.. Cameroon is the best African women team in this FIFA Canada 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2015
khattab02:
hmmmm...

what do you make up of the line up?
looks to me like Okon has opted for a 4-2-3-1. Nwabuoku and Okobi will likely be the 2 central midfielders.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 12:17am On Jun 17, 2015
CFCfan:
Super Falcons line up:

okon must be a nairalander..
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2015
China's no longer a force in world women soccer. Since Sun wen and her band of chinese tai-chi ladies left d scene And the 2006 fifa u20 wwc mvp, liu xiang failed to live up to her potentials, China have been an average side living on past glories.
Cameroun shud not be intimidated, they got a chance against dis 'nothing-fantastic-about-them' Chinese side.

CFCfan:
Cameroon will meet China in the Round of 16. And I dare say they could match China player for player.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by khattab02: 12:22am On Jun 17, 2015
CFCfan:

looks to me like Okon has opted for a 4-2-3-1. Nwabuoku and Okobi will likely be the 2 central midfielders.
better if that is the case. Some fault him of leaving us playing short in the midfield against Australia. Like a 4-2-4 formation and yet the attack couldn't bite.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by khattab02: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2015
dodobytes:

haha...

Lol
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by khattab02: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2015
dodobytes:

haha...

Lol
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 12:29am On Jun 17, 2015
khattab02:
haha...

Lol
its like he borrowed a thing or two from our thread. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nayah(f): 1:11am On Jun 17, 2015
Cameroon what a wonderful country with a strong spirit just as Argentina in 90! I m so proud of you sisters you made it and put our flag very high . LIONESS for ever

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:09am On Jun 17, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

What do u mean force? Who is Okon to refuse help? Case in point Man U Ryan Giggs is an assistant to LVG.
All this refresher talk is nonsense how bout they actually watch game tapes and know what to expect, what gets me so angry is our player saying 'we have never seen them play but by Gods grace.....' we lose because of primary school mistakes not because these coaches are so great. My opinion is we learn from the best, get an American coach preferably a woman and i guarantee results, we have all the pieces to win a world cup but the only thing is we under value our women, we give them a dummy coach and staff then expect them to perform miracles let it be known Oshoala can't walk on water neither can Okobi turn water into wine.

I get your point
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 17, 2015
With four groups completed, it's safe to say that the Netherlands will be amongst the four best 3rd-placed teams across the groups; and have qualified for the Round of 16.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BlackKenichi(m): 3:40am On Jun 17, 2015
Nayah:
Cameroon what a wonderful country with a strong spirit just as Argentina in 90! I m so proud of you sisters you made it and put our flag very high . LIONESS for ever
Well done Cameroon ladies! I watched the latest match of CMR vs Switzerland and they were great. It also helps that CMR women are strong as oxen!
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nayah(f): 3:55am On Jun 17, 2015
BlackKenichi:

Well done Cameroon ladies! I watched the latest match of CMR vs Switzerland and they were great. It also helps that CMR women are strong as oxen!
Definetely bro we are a great Nation with a strong spirit no fear just patriotism wink
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:55am On Jun 17, 2015
Duru1:

Loveth Ayila is worse than Halimatu Ayinde. Arguably, the best players at their positions on this Nigerian Falcons are Ngozi Okobi and Ngozi Ebere. Ebere is a very good left back for the team.

u can't compare because Ayila is an attacking midfielder
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2015
The ref killed us, FIFA killed us. It seems people don't want these girls to shine. Every yellow card but the last was undeserved, i feel robbed as a Nigerian and we all should. Where was the NFF? So u mean Pinnick can fly to England for nothing but he can't go to Canada to make sure things go right, even after Njoku's suspension nobody said nothing on her behalf, not even to let her accept and apologize. Back to the game from when Okobi committed her first foul the ref threatened her with a card people don't understand that has an effect on a player and then any foul we committed she gave yellow cards how can one team have 5 yellow cards and the other have none are we Italy?
It seemed like a game of good vs evil cuz we very much were the villains. Its a simple fact against Sweden we had an Asian ref then in our last 2 we had European refs and they very much beat us. Against Australia the ref took so much time setting up set pieces on the slick killing the clock and as if that was not enough for her she went and ended the game 3 minutes early did FIFA address any of that? nope they just suspended our player for something people have gotten away with even in this same tournament. I love my country but what i see internationally shows me why we were so easily colonized we are a bunch of yes men no one fighting any cause we just no want wahala no matter all the ojoro they do on us. Anyways when is this AAG at least i know we are local champions lol.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Bowaley17(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
We were playing against the Americans and the Refree. The Refree didn't the Americans any card,even when one of our girls was stamped on the foot. When Oparanozie was rough tackled though she gave a free kick. The Ref is a pure racist...
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Belmot(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
CFCfan:

Right. The previous record was 5, by the Falcons in 1999. Cameroon scored 9 goals.

But The SF still hold the record for most in a tournament with 8 goals, also scored in 1999.
Cameroun scored 8 goals not 9... 6 against ecuador and 2 against switzerland, 0 against japan.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
OMG! Cameroun the best? Hahaha... Pls Sir I beg of u...
Cameroun faced Ecuador(d worst team at dis tournament), Japan(defending champions who aren't at their best in dis WWC), and Switzerland(who in da heavens is Switzerland in women's soccer?). Hey! Taking nuffin 4m d camerounians ok. They are a decent side but cant stand d Super Falcons... We took dis same camerounian team to da cleaners at d Awc final late last year and will still do so again.

The Super Falcons are in a group up against 3 Of THE TOP 10 SIDES IN WOMEN'S SOCCER WORLDWIDE. Give me a break!
U.S.A(Reigning Olympic, Concacaf and Algarve cup Champions and World no.1).
Sweden(European Powerhouse, bronze medallists at 2011 fifa wwc and World no.5).
Australia(AFC Runners-up and World no.10).

Put Nigeria wit Ecuador, Japan and Switzerland and u'll see D falcons bag at least 7points.

Put Cameroun wit d Aussies, d Swedes and d USWNT... Cameroun wont pick up a point #ThatIsAFact

Above post is one of the reasons Nigeria will remain under the curve of developmental progression. Anything can happen in any given game. Cameroon did not put themselves in the group but they performed. However the so-called chumps of Africa could not prove its classification as they performed below respectable pedigree. Idiocy could be found in the wallowing of faded glory. The Cameroonians ladies are getting better as the tournament progresses and tend to embrace unselfish style of play. From your post, I make it that Nigerian falcons are local champions.

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
^^^
Edwin Okon out!
Thank God the Falcons aren't meeting Cameroon in the Olympic qualifiers, otherwise that would have been a second elimination in a row from the Olympics by Cameroon.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
The ref killed us, FIFA killed us. It seems people don't want these girls to shine. Every yellow card but the last was undeserved, i feel robbed as a Nigerian and we all should. Where was the NFF? So u mean Pinnick can fly to England for nothing but he can't go to Canada to make sure things go right, even after Njoku's suspension nobody said nothing on her behalf, not even to let her accept and apologize. Back to the game from when Okobi committed her first foul the ref threatened her with a card people don't understand that has an effect on a player and then any foul we committed she gave yellow cards how can one team have 5 yellow cards and the other have none are we Italy?
It seemed like a game of good vs evil cuz we very much were the villains. Its a simple fact against Sweden we had an Asian ref then in our last 2 we had European refs and they very much beat us. Against Australia the ref took so much time setting up set pieces on the slick killing the clock and as if that was not enough for her she went and ended the game 3 minutes early did FIFA address any of that? nope they just suspended our player for something people have gotten away with even in this same tournament. I love my country but what i see internationally shows me why we were so easily colonized we are a bunch of yes men no one fighting any cause we just no want wahala no matter all the ojoro they do on us. Anyways when is this AAG at least i know we are local champions lol.

African in general and Nigeria in particular have failed to raise hell about soccer ill-minded tactics employed by referees from Europe, USA, Canada and Australia when officiating soccer matches involving teams from Africa. In most cases, teams from Africa have been subjected to moral and physical abuse by the referees from listed places and along with opposing teams. You are very much on the right when you touched on the colonial mentality exhibited by Africans. Most jackasses from Africa will kill their people if a European demands such from them.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
No they aren't... They remain the only African team to have made it to the quarter finals of the Fifa WWC in 1999 AND the quarter finals of the Olympics Women Soccer Event in 2004. At every Women's World cup since 1999, Nigeria's been placed in d grp of death always... Take a look...

1999-grouped with U.S.A, North Korea(then Asian runners up), and Denmark(then european powerhouse)
2003- grouped with U.S.A, North Korea(then Asian runners-up) and Sweden.
2007-grouped with U.S.A, North Korea(then Asian Champs and world top 10 team), and Sweden again!!!!!
2011- grouped with Germany(world champs then), France(have Uefa women club winners @ lyonnais ladies), and Canada(anoda powerhouse- world top 10)
2015- grouped with U.S.A(WORLD NO. 1), Sweden(WORLD NO. 5), and Australia(WORLD NO. 10).

4 out of these 5 editions of the Fifa Wwc, we came up against d world no. 1 team in women soccer, THE U.S.A. #LooksSuspiciously

Since 2003, all our grp opponents have been teams within the top 10 of D fifa rankings in d year of each world cup tournament.

I SAY THIS IS BEING TOO TOUGH ON OUR GIRLS. We face d giants while teams lyk Ghana(back then), and Cameroun (rite now) face d minnows. Who in da heavens are ecuador and switzerland in women soccer? Even Civ dat got bashed 10-0 by Germany wud hv sent Ecuador to da cleaners. (Watch d Ivoriens against Norway, u'll see wat I mean).

Dont get me wrong, I still stand by the fact dat ''if u wanna be d best, then u hv to beat the best'' BUT NEVER U COMPARE THE RESULTS OF ODA AFRICAN TEAMGS TAKING ON MINNOWS TO THE RESULTS OF AN AFRICAN TEAM(IN THIS CASE, NIGERIA) TAKING ON CHAMPIONS AND GIANTS...

Duru1:

Above post is one of the reasons Nigeria will remain under the curve of developmental progression. Anything can happen in any given game. Cameroon did not put themselves in the group but they performed. However the so-called chumps of Africa could not prove its classification as they performed below respectable pedigree. Idiocy could be found in the wallowing of faded glory. The Cameroonians ladies are getting better as the tournament progresses and tend to embrace unselfish style of play. From your post, I make it that Nigerian falcons are local champions.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Lilboots(m): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
Our mumu coach just tire out this ladies. Read this excerpts from Courtney Dike and you will see the kind of program Okon put this girls. Why others dey de-stress their girls, Okon dey....... Just read,

Being a player in the World Cup comes with a busy schedule.

Courtney Dike can attest.

The Edmond North alum and Oklahoma State standout traded emails with me a couple of times Monday. I was working on a column about Lisa Miley, the woman who first coached Dike and had to convince her parents to let her play soccer. I wanted to see if Dike would answer some questions about the road that led her to be part of the Nigerian national team, and she agreed that she would.

But around 10:45 Monday evening, she emailed to say that she was in a team meeting that never seemed to end.

A couple hours later -- and well past our deadline -- she emailed again to say that the team went from practice into a three-hour meeting then to dinner. She apologized, which was nice but unnecessary; I just appreciate her taking any time to help me with her busy schedule.

Nigeria plays its final group-stage game at 7 p.m. Tuesday against the U.S.

http://newsok.com/courtney-dike-first-soccer-coach-like-a-second-mom/article/5427852
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
Germany just crushed Sweden 4-1, with 10 attempts on target. If they get past France (potentially) in the Q/finals, I think the Germans may well be celebrating a 3rd WC triumph.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
By the way, the Germans are now the leading goal scorers in WWC history with 110 goals.In this tournament, they've scored 19 goals, and have had a staggering 117 attempts on goal.

The United States are in 2nd place with 102 goals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.