Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (83993 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 23, 2015
The quarter finals are set. They start on Friday:

Germany v France at 9pm

Saturday:
China v USA at 12:30am
Australia v Japan/Netherlands at 9pm

Sunday:
England v Canada at 12:30am
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Bowaley17(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2015
CFCfan:
The quarter finals are set. They start on Friday:

Germany v France at 9pm

Saturday:
China v USA at 12:30am
Australia v Japan/Netherlands at 9pm

Sunday:
England v Canada at 12:30am
Nigeria time?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bowaley17:

Nigeria time?
Nigeria time
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Bowaley17(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
CFCfan:
Nigeria time
aiiiit thanks
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
The Netherlands will qualify for the Olympics if they beat Japan.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2015
CFCfan:
The Netherlands will qualify for the Olympics if they beat Japan.

Why is it so?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2015
denniece1:

Why is it so?
The top 3 European teams qualify. But since the Netherlands lost, UEFA will likely hold a mini tourney of 4 nations - Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and Norway, to determine the 3rd Euro team.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 11:03am On Jun 24, 2015
CFCfan:

The top 3 European teams qualify. But since the Netherlands lost, UEFA will likely hold a mini tourney of 4 nations - Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and Norway, to determine the 3rd Euro team.
Ok
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Washington Spirit have signed Ngozi Okobi from Delta Queens. She'll join two other Super Falcons players - Josephine Chukwunonye and Francisca Ordega at the club.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
CFCfan:
Washington Spirit have signed Ngozi Okobi from Delta Queens. She'll join two other Super Falcons players - Josephine Chukwunonye and Francisca Ordega at the club.
This is good news.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Edwin Okon has been sacked. Christopher Danjuma, Okon's former assistant, will be the acting head coach until a substantive coach is appointed.

Any ideas on the ideal substantive coach?

http://www.thenff.com/2015/06/danjuma-to-act-as-super-falcons-head-coach/
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Over 46,000 tickets have been sold for the Germany v USA semi final.

22,000 tickets have been sold for the Japan v England semi.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
USA v Germany is 4 hours away....
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
I want to know why Uchechi Sunday has not been invited also why keep any member of that staff if they wanted an interim coach they should have got the last U-20 coach i would say his name but i honestly can't spell it lol.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by olapluto(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
Okon was NEVER national team material. He is as good as an assistant coach at a local club.
I actually think the head coach is least important. We need to get our physical training right, defensive coach with organisational prowess. I will nominate Sunday Oliseh. Let him bring in his UEFA training and if he fails, he's gone.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2015
olapluto:
Okon was NEVER national team material. He is as good as an assistant coach at a local club.
I actually think the head coach is least important. We need to get our physical training right, defensive coach with organisational prowess. I will nominate Sunday Oliseh. Let him bring in his UEFA training and if he fails, he's gone.
Oliseh is qualified, but will he leave his FIFA job to coach any of the national teams?
The more likely choice could be an Ann Chiejine, who has attended coaching courses in Nigeria, South Africa, and America. Or the Danjuma guy could be given the job on a permanent basis.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Halimatu Ayinde has been signed by US club side, Western New York Flash.

As at last count, four Super Falcons players now ply their trade in the U.S. Like I said after the Sweden game, it would be hard for Delta Queens to hold on to Okobi; and my words proved prophetic cool
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2015
CFCfan:
Halimatu Ayinde has been signed by US club side, Western New York Flash.

As at last count, four Super Falcons players now ply their trade in the U.S. Like I said after the Sweden game, it would be hard for Delta Queens to hold on to Okobi; and my words proved prophetic cool

Really it would be hard to hold on to any of them because there are no transfer fees in women's football.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Bowaley17(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
What time is the Japan vs USA final match. Nigerian Time...
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 06, 2015
Bowaley17:
What time is the Japan vs USA final match. Nigerian Time...
Sorry, I saw this late.
USA won 5-2.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Bowaley17(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
CFCfan:
Sorry, I saw this late. USA won 5-2.
no prob. I will try to watch the highlights.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
The Super Falcons will battle against hosts, Congo-Brazzaville, Tanzania and Cote d Ivoire in group A of the AAG Women's football event.

The SF will fly into the semis with 9 points.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by olapluto(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
New super falcons coach, the dutch woman seems to be a no nonsense person, though there are allegations she's lesbian...I hope she can keep her sexuality in Holland and just focus on the job when she gets here.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
olapluto:
New super falcons coach, the dutch woman seems to be a no nonsense person, though there are allegations she's lesbian...I hope she can keep her sexuality in Holland and just focus on the job when she gets here.
Wow. This Pinnick-led NFF are clear departure from the usual NFF way of appointing coaches.

Hesterine Reus' resume is quite impressive, but a former Falcons player should be one of her assistants. At 53, she wouldn't be in the job for more than 10 years or thereabout.

Who knows, she could be the 2nd foreign coach to win a men's or women's WC after English woman, Jill Ellis, did it for the USA
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2015
News: super falcons climbed 4places to be ranked 29th in the world, still no.1 in Africa in the latest FIFA ranking.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2015
Josephine chukwunonye already got her visa and would be joining the spirits next week...ngozi okobi yet to get hers.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2015
denniece1:
Josephine chukwunonye already got her visa and would be joining the spirits next week...ngozi okobi yet to get hers.
Nice. But she'll likely return to the PH camp of the Falcons.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Asisat oshoala scored Liverpool's 3rd goal in their 3-1 away win against arsenal, her 3rd this season... Though She didn't really play well IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Lilboots(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
denniece1:
Asisat oshoala scored Liverpool's 3rd goal in their 3-1 away win against arsenal, her 3rd this season... Though She didn't really play well IMO.

I watched the match too on BT Sports and she was poor. She could not control a lot of balls and her passing was a bit off too. Her goal was well taken though lobbing Emma Byrne (Arsenal's GK) for Liverpool's third

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by denniece1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lilboots:

I watched the match too on BT Sports and she was poor. She could not control a lot of balls and her passing was a bit off too. Her goal was well taken though lobbing Emma Byrne (Arsenal's GK) for Liverpool's third
Yh I watched it too and was a bit disappointed... Hope she steps up her game.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
CFCfan:

Wow. This Pinnick-led NFF are clear departure from the usual NFF way of appointing coaches.

Hesterine Reus' resume is quite impressive, but a former Falcons player should be one of her assistants. At 53, she wouldn't be in the job for more than 10 years or thereabout.

Who knows, she could be the 2nd foreign coach to win a men's or women's WC after English woman, Jill Ellis, did it for the USA

Another letdown to the image of Africa. Does it mean Nigerians cannot manager ordinary soccer team?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
CFCfan:

I pray for Ngozi Ebere to secure position among European or USA teams. She is a new find during FIFA 2015 Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.