Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria (6790 Views)

10 Categories Of Ladies That Will End Up As Promiscuous Wives / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by sinizia: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2015

7. The Feminists
~These are those women that believe in gender equality and uphold the believe that women should be treated equally with men
They normally have high standards for men and wave off men that don't meet their requirements.
Most men are irritated by their ideologies and just chose to stay away from them

It should be noted that most of the Nairaland females that belong in this category are only feminist on Nairaland and other social networks. They pride themselves in using famous feminists' quotes and "putting men in their places," but the brash cold fact remains that, in the real word, they're meek as lambs and can't do shít. Their gra-gra/show-offs ends once they log out from their various social media accounts. undecided An investigative search into their lives will show that every guy bosses them around easily and flawlessly. Internet is about the only medium they have to act "tough." undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
I am 4, 7 and 9; but that's not why I am single. I am single because I have not met "the one" yet.

I am a proud feminists only in the promotion of rights of women; this does not necessarily transfer to my personal/intimate relationships with men. Independent because it establishes my individuality and assets that I bring into a relationship. Doesn't mean I don't need men. I sure Do. Lord knows, I DO. cheesy

I mostly play feminists out in the world/work place, BUT when I come home; I hang that position/ideology/mantra up and I slip into some my "damsel in distress" seeking my "knight in shinning armor" role (this has so many meanings and implications).

There can never be total equality and with my Christian principles, I don't think it was ever designed to be.

Extreme feministic ideologies are detrimental to man/woman relationship dynamics (or any relationship for that matter). There is always struggle for power and dominion; never a good thing.

MHO.

missclasssy:
1. The Broken-hearted
~This category of ladies have had countless break-ups in the past so they just decide to stay away from relationships, most times out of fear or just to recuperate.

2. The Dreamers.
~These ones normally have fantasy-like goals regarding the kind of relationships they want to have and the kind of man they want.
You see them saying things like, I want my man tall, handsome, rich, intelligent, with a cute smile, funny, prayerful, good in bed, blah, blah, blah.
Their desires are mostly unrealistic and they remain single trying to find the man of their "dreams"

3. The born Again
~These ones normally have the slogan "I am married to Jesus"
They are mostly virgins and have zero experience as pertaining relationships.
You find most of them in churches with awkward unattractive dressings hoping that a "brother" would look past all that and propose to them.

4. The Independent.
~These ones are single not because they choose to be but just because men are scared and intimidated by them.
Men generally want women who they can have some element of control over and who would want to depend on them so they chose not to approach these ones.
Asides that, most of the women in this category have a grandiose sense of worth coupled with pride and this is a turn-off for a lot of men.

5. Mummy's Pets
~These ones are always at the feet of their mums. They are normally very naïve about relationships and life as a whole.
They are always in their parents house, they don't go to social events, don't make friends easily and people hardly know that they even exist.

6. The Too Good To Be True.
~These ones are so beautiful and dress so attractively to the extent that guys desist from approaching them, not because they are intimidated by them, but just because the have this default mindset that a lady that looks and dresses like that must already be in a relationship.

7. The Feminists
~These are those women that believe in gender equality and uphold the believe that women should be treated equally with men
They normally have high standards for men and wave off men that don't meet their requirements.
Most men are irritated by their ideologies and just chose to stay away from them

8. The Fearful
~These ones just chose not to delve into any relationship because of fear.
Most of them have heard a lot of negative tales involving relationships and so are scared to engage in one.

9. Careers Seekers
~These ones have the principle that they have to have a source of income before getting into any relationship so they don't become liabilities to their partners.
Most of them prefer to finish school and get jobs before thinking of relationships.

10. Lesbians
~Yes, you read correctly.
This ones are just not attracted to men and since gay relationships hasn't been legalized in Nigeria, they just stay off relationships of any sort.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by LewisO: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
11.The realists:
Those ladies that fall within this category are those who are moved by what they see that can give them what they desire!

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol! It may come up hilarious but that wasn't the aim. There are many women who do not work and are to lazy to think of something to engage themselves in. I have an uncle in the village whose wife has never worked in the about 30years of their marriage. Whenever she wants to cook for instance and there's no maggi cubes, salt, palm oil etc she'll wait until the husband returns from work. This always get me infuriated then. I think that was what propelled the maggi illustration lol. And I'm sure there are such women out there. Or how else can one explain how a woman who just sit at home all her life get money for groceries from?
Lol wow.

Then it's really a big problem. Didn't really give much thought into such an issue.

Nawa o!
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
LewisO:
Reading...

You have been reading for a while, now type something Joor angry grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
LewisO:
Reading...

Are you done reading, now type something Joor angry grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sommyangel:
Proudly miss Independent
For how many years? grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by marieolae(f): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is the kind of mentality that most men have..
They want hard working, soul driven independent women. A woman that can fend for herself financially.
Examine yourself first. You are what you attract in most cases..
Many people want extraordinary things but their image limits them on what they receive.

ronald4lif:
Number 9 is spot on. Every woman should work on becoming one. Men no longer want liabilities as a wife. Those women who think they can just seat at home and nurse babies without contributing any income to the home had better have a rethink. Having babies doesn't stop a woman from working and pursuing her career.

Get your ass up, build a career for yourself so no man can push you around. How do you expect a man to respect you when you can't even afford something as common as your own sanitary pads or maggi cubes. Lazy women irks me mehn.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by LewisO: 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Xiadnat:

Are you done reading, now type something Joor angry grin
Modified grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Sommyangel(f): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

For how many years? grin
since I left secondary school
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by sinizia: 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Xiadnat:
I am 4, 7 and 9; but that's not why I am single. I am single because I have not met "the one" yet.

I am a proud feminists only in the promotion of rights of women; this does not necessarily transfer to my personal/intimate relationships with men. Independent because it establishes my individuality and assets that I bring into a relationship. Doesn't mean I don't need men. I sure Do. Lord knows, I DO. cheesy

I mostly play feminists out in the world/work place, BUT when I come home; I hang that position/ideology/mantra up and I slip into some my "damsel in distress" seeking my "knight in shinning armor" role (this has so many meanings and implications).

There can never be total equality and with my Christian principles, I don't think it was ever designed to be.

Extreme feministic ideologies are detrimental to man/woman relationship dynamics (or any relationship for that matter). There is always struggle for power and dominion; never a good thing.

MHO.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2272285_1565431_jpege5c78f0b83d649ee2ecc74302f750198
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nice piece of work smiley

Missclasssy
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
emusmith:
Nice piece of work smiley

Missclasssy

Thanks emusmith wink
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sommyangel:
since I left secondary school
Hope you'll not be independent enough not to get married? smiley
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
This is the kind of mentality that most men have..
They want hard working, soul driven independent women. A woman that can fend for herself financially.
Examine yourself first. You are what you attract in most cases..
Many people want extraordinary things but their image limits them on what they receive.

I don't think it should be whether a man want a woman that can fend for herself financially or not. A woman should fend for herself and be able to take up her own bills whether a man wants it or not. Not every woman needs a man in their life anyways. Life demands that every one should take up their own responsibilities atleast, not expect someone else do that because they are married or in a relationship with them.

Although a man is expected to take up most of the financial responsibilities and the welfare of the home but a woman should be able to assist and take care of some of her own bills.

The complete dependence of a woman to a man can also be really disastrous in a case of a sudden separation or a divorce. How would a woman who hasn't been earning cope with a sudden break up of a marriage?. If one should look at it closely they'll realize that most women who stays in an abusive marriage, be it physical or emotional abuse, are staying put because they don't have any other source of livelihood apart from the man.
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by countsparrow: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
All d single ladies... All d single ladies...

*Whistles out of thread*
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
cool
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't think it should be whether a man want a woman that can fend for herself financially or not. A woman should fend for herself and be able to take up her own bills whether a man wants it or not. Not every woman needs a man in their life anyways. Life demands that every one should take up their own responsibilities atleast, not expect someone else do that because they are married or in a relationship with them.

Although a man is expected to take up most of the financial responsibilities and the welfare of the home but a woman should be able to assist and take care of some of her own bills.

The complete dependence of a woman to a man can also be really disastrous in a case of a sudden separation or a divorce. How would a woman who hasn't been earning cope with a sudden break up of a marriage?. If one should look at it closely they'll realize that most women who stays in an abusive marriage, be it physical or emotional abuse, are staying put because they don't have any other source of livelihood about from the man.
That's where you find the gold diggers. They don't have anything doing for themselves. But they'll get married anyway and the next thing,,they look for a way to divorce so they can get something out of the man's property.

I like the way you countered that point.

How can men have a mentality of marrying only independent women. Are they not supposed to fend for themselves too?

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Sommyangel(f): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hope you'll not be independent enough not to get married? smiley
. I will, at the right time
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by LewisO: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

wink
Can't u bold the headings of your thread for it to look nice?
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

That's where you find the gold diggers. They don't have anything doing for themselves. But they'll get married anyway and the next thing,,they look for a way to divorce so they can get something out of the man's property.

I like the way you countered that point.

How can men have a mentality of marrying only independent women. Are they not supposed to fend for themselves too?

Naso. Every human should strive to fend for themselves. That's life.
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

These ones will get old before they get married. They will be in the single market for a long period of time. grin and when they get frustrated they console themselves with lesbianism.

Some of them remain single till old age.

They act like they don't give a fhuuck about men but deep down they actually give a fhuuck. grin

E.g vickybee grin
Your post is chauvinistic laced with misogyny.

1) I can never become a lesbian because I wasn't born that way. I rather be a celibate

2) Women are not commodity and none of us are in the single market.

3) Feminism doesn't equate singleness-not all single ladies are feminists.

4) There are countless of married women who are feminists.

5) Singleness isn't a curse.
-Some women don't fancy marriage; they give birth and raise their kids as a single parent.

6) Are you insinuating all single aged women are lesbians. What about prostitutes sleeping around?

7) My boyfriend love a feminist. tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:

1) I can never become a lesbian because I wasn't born that way. I rather be a celibate

-Some women don't fancy marriage; they give birth and raise their kids as a single parent.

6) Are you insinuating all single aged women are lesbians. What about prostitutes sleeping around?

She don vex. grin

So what if i'm a chauvinist and misogynist? Will you bite me? undecided

One has to be on one side of the divide. You chose yours and i've chosen mine. kiss

As for your boyfriend,,he hasn't seen anything yet.

Probably because you don't display your "e-feminism" to him. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by marieolae(f): 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
That's exactly what I'm trying to say. A woman that is financially stable regardless of any relationship is what men seek. At the end of the day, A man who isn't ambitious or striving to be successful shouldn't rant about having a successful/independent women by his side. It works on both ways. Being a 'man' doesn't give you that excuse.
ronald4lif:

The complete dependence of a woman to a man can also be really disastrous in a case of a sudden separation or a divorce. How would a woman who hasn't been earning cope with a sudden break up of a marriage?. If one should look at it closely they'll realize that most women who stays in an abusive marriage, be it physical or emotional abuse, are staying put because they don't have any other source of livelihood apart from the man.

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
LewisO:

Can't u bold the headings of your thread for it to look nice?

I like it like that. undecided
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
Xiadnat:

MHO.

I feel ur pain sister. The lord will provide grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:
That's exactly what I'm trying to say. A woman that is financially stable regardless of any relationship is what men seek. At the end of the day, A man who isn't ambitious or striving to be successful shouldn't rant about having a successful/independent women by his side. It works on both ways. Being a 'man' doesn't give you that excuse.
oh really. So that is why they say "but I still love him"

Chai. No wonder. I'v now gotten d answer to a thread I was thinkn abt creating. At least it has saved some people commentin useless comments

Oops,n sorry, I actually wanted to quote ronald4lif on this. Was a mistake

Cc: ronald4lif
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:

About your number 5 which I totally agree to, may I also add that marriage is not for everyone. The marital cert is just another piece of paper which doesn't guarantee the subsistence, happy home and how long the union will last. There are many couple who have lived together happily for years and are still waxing stronger but they never got married.

But just a quick question; how do you relate this your feminist stance to your mum. Let's say for instance, as an Igbo woman she is, she somehow ask or say things like please don't do a certain thing a certain way, "is that how you'll behave when you get married". How would you react to that?
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by WAGAZ: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:
undecided
mitheww

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
marieolae:

True to that. Should be a two way traffic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Ladies Does At Benin Club / What Part Of The Opposite Sex Get U Crazy? / Have All Nigerian Men Turned To Oloshos ? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.