Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria (6785 Views)

10 Categories Of Ladies That Will End Up As Promiscuous Wives / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2015
1. The Broken-hearted
~This category of ladies have had countless break-ups in the past so they just decide to stay away from relationships, most times out of fear or just to recuperate.

2. The Dreamers.
~These ones normally have fantasy-like goals regarding the kind of relationships they want to have and the kind of man they want.
You see them saying things like, I want my man tall, handsome, rich, intelligent, with a cute smile, funny, prayerful, good in bed, blah, blah, blah.
Their desires are mostly unrealistic and they remain single trying to find the man of their "dreams"

3. The Born Again
~These ones normally have the slogan "I am married to Jesus"
They are mostly virgins and have zero experience as pertaining relationships.
You find most of them in churches with awkward unattractive dressings hoping that a "brother" would look past all that and propose to them.

4. The Independent.
~These ones are single not because they choose to be but just because men are scared and intimidated by them.
Men generally want women who they can have some element of control over and who would want to depend on them so they chose not to approach these ones.
Asides that, most of the women in this category have a grandiose sense of worth coupled with pride and this is a turn-off for a lot of men.

5. Mummy's Pets
~These ones are always at the feet of their mums. They are normally very naïve about relationships and life as a whole.
They are always in their parents house, they don't go to social events, don't make friends easily and people hardly know that they even exist.

6. The Too Good To Be True.
~These ones are so beautiful and dress so attractively to the extent that guys desist from approaching them, not because they are intimidated by them, but just because the have this default mindset that a lady that looks and dresses like that must already be in a relationship.

7. The Feminists
~These are those women that believe in gender equality and uphold the believe that women should be treated equally with men
They normally have high standards for men and wave off men that don't meet their requirements.
Most men are irritated by their ideologies and just chose to stay away from them

8. The Fearful
~These ones just chose not to delve into any relationship because of fear.
Most of them have heard a lot of negative tales involving relationships and so are scared to engage in one.

9. Careers Seekers
~These ones have the principle that they have to have a source of income before getting into any relationship so they don't become liabilities to their partners.
Most of them prefer to finish school and get jobs before thinking of relationships.

10. Lesbians
~Yes, you read correctly.
These ones are just not attracted to men and since gay relationships hasn't been legalized in Nigeria, they just stay off relationships of any sort.

Disclaimer: This write-up was written and compiled by me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2015

7. The Feminists
~These are those women that believe in gender equality and uphold the believe that women should be treated equally with men
They normally have high standards for men and wave off men that don't meet their requirements.
Most men are irritated by their ideologies and just chose to stay away from them
These ones will get old before they get married. They will be in the single market for a long period of time. grin and when they get frustrated they console themselves with lesbianism.

Some of them remain single till old age.

They act like they don't give a fhuuck about men but deep down they actually give a fhuuck. grin

E.g vickybee grin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2015
So op, which category or categories did you fall into? wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2015
Misclassy abeg which one u fall under abeg. Cuz I knw ur very much single.. How do I knw? Wheneva ur bein asked in a form "marital status?" Lool u knw the answer already grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 11:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Nnemuka:
Miss Independent here.....

I'm confused about my sexuality.
Hmmm...
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Nnemuka:
Miss Independent here.....

I'm confused about my sexuality.
try loosenin up a bit, by not showin urself too much. So them guys will aproach
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2015
Cutehector:
Misclassy abeg which one u fall under abeg. Cuz I knw ur very much single.. How do I knw? Wheneva ur bein asked in a form "marital status?" Lool u knw the answer already grin

Presently, I am under category (9) grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

I tell you solemnly, u are a wife material!
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by MzzTega(f): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2015
2. Dreamers
And those who fall under this category keep dreaming for long and later wake up when its already late. smh.
To all the dreamers; Wake up and face reality smiley
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2015
The dreamers are mostly teenagers.

The independent ones turn me on for some odd reason. I guess the challenge they pose seems like adventure to me. I mostly date such.

Feminists: They are somewhat bossy. They are good companions too. I once crossed the line of friendship and got entangled with one. I particularly like the fact that they are worthy opponents in debates. Ever had an endless argument in the nude with a lady about psychology and metaphysics IN BED? CRAZY FUN!

Mummy's pets: Too childish.

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by FLAWLES(f): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2015
-_-
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

Then you'll move to category 4 grin

Then later 7 cheesy and then probably 10 lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by 7kahfe(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2015
11. The Overly-Critical Lady
Anything you do for this type of woman is simply not good
enough. Nothing seems to work unless it is done according to
her standards. Anything that is said by anyone will be quickly
taken out of context to become some sort of insult or some
reason to wage war against the world. This type of woman has
plenty of emotional baggage and will make you an angry and
bitter person as there will be nothing but misery with her. They end up being single
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
The dreamers are mostly teenagers.

The independent ones turn me on for some odd reason. I guess the challenge they pose seems like adventure to me. I mostly date such.

Feminists: They are somewhat bossy. They are good companions too. I was crossed the lone of friendship and got entangled with one. I particularly like the fact that they are worthy opponents in debates. Ever had an endless argument in the nude with a lady about psychology and metaphysics
with a nudè woman IN BED? CRAZY FUN!

Mummy's pets: Too childish.
Yea the dreamers are mostly teenagers or fresh adults.

They still have that warped idea that life is in a straight linear motion. Some of them have set the age and standards of when they will get married thinking that's how life goes.

I like arguing with the feminists. It's fun seeing them trying to defend the women folk in all ramifications. grin

Sadly,,not every woman likes an argument. Some may take it personal. sad

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

These ones will get old before they get married. They will be in the single market for a long period of time. grin and when they get frustrated they console themselves with lesbianism.

They act like they don't give a fhuuck about men but deep down they actually give a fhuuck. grin

E.g vickybee grin

We've seen their likes, we've dated their likes. Their toughness is a façade to cover their mushy feelings. MOST OF THEM ARE EVEN HOOKED TO ROMANCE NOVELS!

After all the shenanigans and rebuffing, when a relationship kick starts they'll be the first to pop the where-are-we-headed-to question barely 4 months into it.

We know better.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by chibwike(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nice one missclassy

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Then you'll move to category 4 grin

Then later 7 cheesy and then probably 10 lipsrsealed

Impossible grin
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

We've seen their likes, we've dated their likes. Their toughness is a façade to cover their mushy feelings. MOST OF THEM ARE EVEN HOOKED TO ROMANCE NOVELS!

After all the shenanigans and rebuffing, when a relationship kick starts they'll be the first to pop the where-are-we-headed-to question barely 4 months into it.

We know better.

Lol @where-are-we-headed-to. gringrin

And then you'll be like "is this not the same Lady that was forming tough up and down?" cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

Impossible grin
But I know you want to be independent.
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea the dreamers are mostly teenagers or fresh adults.

They still have that warped idea that life is in a straight linear motion. Some of them have set the age and standards of when they will get married thinking that's how life goes.

I like arguing with the feminists. It's fun seeing them trying to defend the women folk in all ramifications. grin

Sadly,,not every woman likes an argument. Some may take it personal. sad

I actually do not DATE ladies who aren't intelligent to hold their own against me in a conversation/debate. UNINTELLIGENT FEMALES ARE A COMPLETE TURN OFF FOR ME.

I know when to stop though but hold your own against me in the meantime. A girl can be my girlfriend if she can't debate with me on topics ranging from politics to psychology and from literature to world events.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Number 9 is spot on. Every woman should work on becoming one. Men no longer want liabilities as a wife. Those women who think they can just seat at home and nurse babies without contributing any income to the home had better have a rethink. Having babies doesn't stop a woman from working and pursuing her career.

Get your ass up, build a career for yourself so no man can push you around. How do you expect a man to respect you when you can't even afford something as common as your own sanitary pads or maggi cubes. Lazy women irks me mehn.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I actually do not DATE ladies who aren't intelligent to hold their own against me in a conversation/debate. UNINTELLIGENT FEMALES ARE A COMPLETE TURN OFF FOR ME.

I know when to stop though but hold your own against me in the meantime. A girl can be my girlfriend if she can't debate with me on topics ranging from politics to psychology and from literature to world events.

We totally share the same sentiments on this.

That's why you see when a girl makes an erroneous or dumb comment and you want to counter her opinion,,she goes ballistic. grin

SMH! sad
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
ronald4lif:
Number 9 is spot on. Every woman should work on becoming number 9. Men no longer want liabilities as a wife. Those women who think they can just seat at home and nurse babies without contributing any income to the home had better have a rethink. Having babies doesn't stop a woman from working and pursuing her career.

Get your ass up, build a career for yourself so no man can push you around. How do you expect a man to respect you when you can't even afford something as common as your own sanitary pads or maggi cubes. Lazy women irks me mehn.
Maggi cubes?!!! gringrin

Oga Ronald when did you start becoming a comedian? cheesy
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Sommyangel(f): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Proudly miss Independent
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by alberto2k(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Op, which category do u fall into? undecided
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by Halimi24: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

E.g vickybee grin
hello darling.still posting nonsense all over nairaland qui??

3 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by jejemanito: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
11. Prostitutes

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by vjsmiles: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
[size=14pt] oh well.... [/size]
Re: 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Maggi cubes?!!! gringrin

Oga Ronald when did you start becoming a comedian? cheesy

Lol! It might have come off hilarious but that wasn't the aim. There are many women who do not work and are to lazy to think of something to engage themselves in. I have an uncle in the village whose wife has never worked in the about 30years of their marriage. Whenever she wants to cook for instance and there's no maggi cubes, salt, palm oil etc she'll wait until the husband returns from work. This always get me infuriated then. I think that was what propelled the maggi illustration lol. And I'm sure there are such women out there. Or how else can one explain how a woman who just sit at home all her life get money for groceries from?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Feminists Will Forever Remain A Joke In Nigeria / The Little Boy That Was Saved Has Now Grow Healthy (pics) / Has Your Girl Ever Asked You This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.