Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing (1705 Views)

Man Cancels Wedding In Anambra, A Day To D-Day After He Caught Fiancée Cheating / Ladies. Watch Your Tongue. I Stopped Caring For Her After She Said This / Girl Slept With Guy At Her Church; Look At What He Sent Her On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:41pm
I met this young Lady some years ago, fell in love with her and finally proposed last year. I decided to make neccesary findings so as to get the whole deal through, but hit a serious brick wall. She said that the tradition in her church and family is that the man does the wedding in her church or nothing ...her mother isn't helping issues. My dad is a Bishop in a church that doesn't believe in white wedding talk less of going to another church to do it. I had a chitchat with him and he declared to me in confidence that I am the man and I should be the shot caller. The downside is that if I dare try it, my dad will be excommunicated. Having seen the danger that lies ahead I confided in my father that we can take the so call white wedding to a neutral place outside the walls of her church so not to give my church the reason to lynch my dad. I disscued this with her but she and most esp her mom aren't giving my proposal a thought. First her mother has nothing to loose been that the proximity will be such that her friends and colleague will still turn in their numbers..since her reasons in the first place was because she wanted a good attendance esp from people within her church circle and that she has been attending peoples wedding and they all are waiting for her daughters and that I can't afford to dash her own chance of inviting people.I find this very selfish....considering the fact that she hasn't given thought about my faith and what will happen to my dad...hence my proposal for a neutral place. I am very confused as I write and really want some good advise here.....
Pls I beg you, it a thing of the heart...
Kindly ignore if you don't have any reasonable contribution
Tnx
(Mod
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Cutehector(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Guy, seriously dis thread can't be void of bashin cuz u really need bashing!

R u a man?

If yes den act like one!
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:
I met this young Lady some years ago, fell in love with her and finally proposed last year. I decided to make neccesary findings so as to get the whole deal through, but hit a serious brick wall. She said that the tradition in her church and family is that the man does the wedding in her church or nothing ...her mother isn't helping issues. My dad is a Bishop in a church that doesn't believe in white wedding talk less of going to another church to do it. I had a chitchat with him and he declared to me in confidence that I am the man and I should be the shot caller. The downside is that if I dare try it, my dad will be excommunicated. Having seen the danger that lies ahead I confided in my father that we can take the so call white wedding to a neutral place outside the walls of her church so not to give my church the reason to lynch my dad. I disscued this with her but she and most esp her mom aren't giving my proposal a thought. First her mother has nothing to loose been that the proximity will be such that her friends and colleague will still turn in their numbers..since her reasons in the first place was because she wanted a good attendance esp from people within her church circle and that she has been attending peoples wedding and they all are waiting for her daughters and that I can't afford to dash her own chance of inviting people.I find this very selfish....considering the fact that she hasn't given thought about my faith and what will happen to my dad...hence my proposal for a neutral place. I am very confused as I write and really want some good advise here.....
Tnx
(Mod
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cutehector:
Guy, seriously dis thread can't be void of bashin cuz u really need bashing!

R u a man?

If yes den act like one!
U just don't get it..do u
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Jaraworldsms(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Still insist on the neutral location,her parent wont be the one to fund the wedding. White wedding is funded by the grooms family. your dad position is very important as well.Her parent should understand. If they dont accept it,marry from your faith.period.

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jaraworldsms:
Still insist on the neutral location,her parent wont be the one to fund the wedding. White wedding is funded by the grooms family. your dad position is very important as well.Her parent should understand. If they dont accept it,marry from your faith.period.
I have lost weight in the last few months....I can't concentrate. Thnx man
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Cutehector(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:

U just don't get it..do u
get wat? D fact dat she gvs d op a lifeline dat this it how it should be or the op can't tell her wat to do. Please make me understand

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cutehector:
get wat? D fact dat she gvs d op a lifeline dat this it how it should be or the op can't tell her wat to do. Please make me understand
Guy chill
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Basildvalour(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
If I were to be the man, I'll give her NOTHING

There are plenty fishes in the canal where she came from

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Basildvalour:
If I were to be the man, I'll give her NOTHING

There are plenty fishes in the canal where she came from
...and we can't catch all the fish everytime
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Basildvalour(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:

...and we can't catch all the fish everytime
No bro, its one SERIOUS fish at a time

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Basildvalour:
No bro, its one SERIOUS fish at a time
Noted sir
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by PrettyDian(f): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
my dear run!dis kin moda inlaw myt want to control ya lyf...if she truly luvs u she will marry anywer u choose...also it seems her mom is telling her wat to do
mummie’s gal!

2 Likes

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
PrettyDian:
my dear run!dis kin moda inlaw myt want to control ya lyf...if she truly luvs u she will marry anywer u choose...also it seems her mom is telling her wat to do
mummie’s gal!
You're right as if you know her.....she is control freak
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by MzzTega(f): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
You really do have your father at heart,and i guess they know about your father's status.
Can you act as if you are no longer interested atleast for now. Let's see their reaction,if they'll give in.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzzTega:
You really do have your father at heart,and i guess they know about your father's status.
Can you act as if you are no longer interested atleast for now. Let's see their reaction,if they'll give in.
If I give that...then I would have to let go the whole process....twill imply they are desperadoes.......
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by MzzTega(f): 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:

If I give that...then I would have to let go the whole process....twill imply they are desperadoes.......
nop. it will imply that she really loves you.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by sinizia: 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is a tough one, OP.

This is the time to make a decision as a man. You're the leader here, and it's your marriage, so you'll have to choose what's best for both you and your intending wife.

You're caught up in dilemma, and if you want to do what's right, the only opinion you have to consider is yours and your girl's. Your dad shouldn't and can't be blamed for your actions. Bishop or no Bishop!! Don't be afraid of your dad being excommunicated. If his church does that, then they are not a good church. They're brainless. Since your mind is made up on a neutral venue and your girl's mom will not have any of it, I guess it's time for your girl to grow up and take the bull by the horn. She can't be a mummy's pet for life. You've made your sacrifice by choosing a neutral ground, if your girl ain't ready to do her's, count your losses and move on with your life. There are other fishes in the ocean. Marriage is not do-or-die affair.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
U hav ur father, his status n options @heart
She has her mother, her status n options @heart...
Its 1:1..
And stop tryna blame it on one side.
Normal naija wil say d wedding be done in d girl's church since u are coming to take her away frm dem.. (dey call it an act of respect for whr she comes from).
So I dont blame her mum afterall its her dota's wedding. ..she wana make d news just like everyoda moda of d bride weda @ur xpens or nt.

Talk to ur bishop daddy to win his pple's heart its just a mata of merely 3hrs activity...nobody wil die (afteral titles dont guarantee we make heaven)...
U pliz d mom for just one day event (ontop ur money), shez gona hav no choice to pliz u afterwards...... u ar d man.. u dcide.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 1:08am On Apr 20, 2015
sinizia:
This is a tough one, OP.

This is the time to make a decision as a man. You're the leader here, and it's your marriage, so you'll have to choose what's best for both you and your intending wife.

You're caught up in dilemma, and if you want to do what's right, the only opinion you have to consider is yours and your girl's. Your dad shouldn't and can't be blamed for your actions. Bishop or no Bishop!! Don't be afraid of your dad being excommunicated. If his church does that, then they are not a good church. They're brainless. Since your mind is made up on a neutral venue and your girl's mom will not have any of it, I guess it's time for your girl to grow up and take the bull by the horn. She can't be a mummy's pet for life. You've made your sacrifice by choosing a neutral ground, if your girl ain't ready to do her's, count your losses and move on with your life. There are other fishes in the ocean. Marriage is not do-or-die affair.
Tnx
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 1:09am On Apr 20, 2015
amguud:
U hav ur father, his status n options @heart
She has her mother, her status n options @heart...
Its 1:1..
And stop tryna blame it on one side.
Normal naija wil say d wedding be done in d girl's church since u are coming to take her away frm dem.. (dey call it an act of respect for whr she comes from).
So I dont blame her mum afterall its her dota's wedding. ..she wana make d news just like everyoda moda of d bride weda @ur xpens or nt.

Talk to ur bishop daddy to win his pple's heart its just a mata of merely 3hrs activity...nobody wil die (afteral titles dont guarantee we make heaven)...
U pliz d mom for just one day event (ontop ur money), shez gona hav no choice to pliz u afterwards...... u ar d man.. u dcide.
So are you advising I go ahead with my parents in absentia? Which pastor will even conduct the white wedding without seeing both parent....do you quite understanding what it means for parents to grace your ocassion. The little I know is that they ask for parents consent before any nuptial ties... I have tried my best
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by ritababe(f): 1:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Ok
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2015
koife:

So are you advising I go ahead with my parents in absentia? Which pastor will even conduct the white wedding without seeing both parent....do you quite understanding what it means for parents to grace your ocassion. The little I know is that they ask for parents consent before any nuptial ties... I have tried my best

Dats nt wat am advicing,..
But one party has to bend dia rules just for peace to reign.
Its a one day event (I wil always say)... giv dem dat honour(anyway u can, its worth it)
Shez got her whole life to b submisiv to u.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Exponental(m): 6:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Are u not a nigerian?
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by dahmie2013: 7:18am On Apr 20, 2015
Op, leave her & let's see if she&her mum will not come & beg u! Haba! Y are ppl so selfish, who is more important in an ocassion like dat if its not ur both parents, what she shud be worried abt is hw 2 get ur fada 2 come, cos if he doesn't d same ppl she wants 2 attend will be bad mouthing her. She needs 2 learn 2 compromise, u're d man here, show it.

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2015
I really appreciate all your comment thus far!
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by mulattoclaro(m): 7:51am On Apr 20, 2015
Bro dump the girl and walk away. They're many fishes in the river. My bro girls plenty. The beautiful ones are not yet born. You're even the one doing her a favour by marrying her. I still don't understand why you guys are crazy over nigerian girls? I'm married to a Brazilian woman and believe me I didn't go through all these stress you're going through.

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 7:54am On Apr 20, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Bro dump the girl and walk away. They're many fishes in the river. My bro girls plenty. The beautiful ones are not yet born. You're even the one doing her a favour by marrying her. I still don't understand why you guys are crazy over nigerian girls? I'm married to a Brazilian woman and believe me I didn't go through all these stress you're going through.
I am really thinking hard .....my parents and siblings are down to frustrate me if I try it...and you know in African ways yove got to get the both FAM along..if not you end up making them hate you and your wify....they are all twlling me they wont come and that we shall see how any mog wil go ahead without both parents in agreement/attandant...they said,i have shifted my grounds to choosing a neutral place where she can wear the so call white cloth, but she ain't shifting hers.
I just might.........
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by mulattoclaro(m): 8:10am On Apr 20, 2015
koife:

I am really thinking hard .....my parents and siblings are down to frustrate me if I try it...and you know in African ways yove got to get the both FAM along..if not you end up making them hate you and your wify....they are all twlling me they wont come and that we shall see how any mog wil go ahead without both parents in agreement/attandant...they said,i have shifted my grounds to choosing a neutral place where she can wear the so call white cloth, but she ain't shifting hers.
I just might.........
bro never compromise your stance to pls a woman. She's not even your wife yet. You don't need this stress right now.

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 20, 2015
koife:
Tnx
(Mod

When women start putting you in a tight corner with their selfishness, o boy, free them. Leave that girl.

Any girl who cannot understand your predicament after you have explained it to her is not meant for you.

When I wanted marrying one girl like that and I knew she is the very selfish and possessive type. She and my mum no dey follow the same way. As my mum dey drag me make I no marry her, the girl dey one side dey issue ultimatum on date of marriage. Haha. I just freed/ignored both of them and kept my peace. 3 years later I never marry yet I never die. Later, the girl don beg tire make she come live with me(without marriage). Nothing pass peace of mind. Now I attract younger beautiful girls.

You are just boxing yourself. The girl and her mother will dictate your marriage and home later.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Jaraworldsms:

Simple.

Poster should understand that nobody, his father, mother, father in law or mother in law should dictate for him. His word is final. I wonder how someone should teach you how to spend, enjoy your money or ceremony.

Even the girl he is marrying should not dictate for him. That's what makes him a Man.
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
koife:

I have lost weight in the last few months....I can't concentrate. Thnx man

**Edited..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Next Time They Tell You "There Is A Woman For Every Man" What (photos) / See Reason To Hold Your Wife's Hand In A Shopping Mall: Photo / Photo: What Kind Of Family Is This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.