Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95531 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 10:20am On May 28, 2015
spyder880:

Certainly, we bring out the plans again and obey all the specifications.
I was the one who called you lastnight
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2015
erico2k2:

I was the one who called you lastnight

Yes I remember, you are welcome.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2015
Updates now.......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Moana(f): 11:47am On May 28, 2015
spyder880:
Updates now.......
how many projects do you normally tackle at a time? What the highest number of projects you have worked on at once?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:39pm On May 28, 2015
Moana:
how many projects do you normally tackle at a time? What the highest number of projects you have worked on at once?

I like to work on 4 projects at the maximum. Last year I did 7 at the same time, it wasn't a funny experience.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Moana(f): 1:44pm On May 28, 2015
spyder880:

I like to work on 4 projects at the maximum. Last year I did 7 at the same time, it wasn't a funny experience.
7 definitely was a lot
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2015
spyder880:

Yes I remember, you are welcome.
them orange pipes are they for sewage?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2015
erico2k2:

them orange pipes are they for sewage?

Yes, they are for sewage.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by erico2k2(m): 10:04pm On May 31, 2015
spyder880:

cool now I understand why no sewage pip appears o n my friend's hose, now since its embedded withing the holo block can one do same for6 inches solid block?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by milvet(f): 8:21am On Jun 01, 2015
Sir welldone i go like work with u one day..
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2015
spyder880:

I was speaking with a friend about embedded pipes in blocks, which I really loved, but he raised a disturbing issue. He said what if the pipes burst for any reason... That means one would have to break through the walls.

What do you have to say regarding this sir?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
2sex:
I was speaking with a friend about embedded pipes in blocks, which I really loved, but he raised a disturbing issue. He said what if the pipes burst for any reason... That means one would have to break through the walls.

A lot, but am a bit busy now, maybe after work hours.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
We have completed the concrete cast of the lintels in the duplex side of the houses as we complete the first stage blocks before the lintels at the block of flats side.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
We now have two units of soak-away and septic tank pits plastered and waiting to be decked this week.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
More views from the top........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
Work goes on. .....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 4:50am On Jun 02, 2015
spyder880:
Work goes on. .....

I love the height of this DPC

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 6:04am On Jun 02, 2015
2sex:

Embedded/conduit piping has better appeal or esthetics compared to surface piping but its not the best.
Sewage pipes are made of pvc, and pvc doesn't last forever (not even whitchtech IPS fusion system that promises 50yrs warranty) and so there's need for maintenance in the long run.
Whenever the there's leakage or maintenance issues, you must crack the wall before you can assess the sewage pipe.
This means whenever there's need for maintenance you'll probably the the services of a plumber, a mason, & sometimes a tiler to fix a single problem.

Another problem with this system of piping is during the casting of columns/beams and decking, if the pipes are not properly sealed it might get filled with concrete and no one will notice it,
You get to know about the blockage during final installation and by then its already late so you end up doing surface piping for that particular line.

The question now is what's the best way to fo about this.

The solution is,
During the architectural/structural design, provisions should be made for duct.
The ducts are created with blocks & sewage pipes/supply line run in them.
The ducts have covers (aluminium sun breaker as it's locally called) to cover them up when all the plumbing job has been completed.
Whenever the need for maintenance arises, you open them up, do your servicing and close them back.
The duct covers also adds to the esthetics of the building.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by cleric(m): 6:31am On Jun 02, 2015
koman:

Embedded/conduit piping has better appeal or esthetics compared to surface piping but its not the best.
Sewage pipes are made of pvc, and pvc doesn't last forever (not even whitchtech IPS fusion system that promises 50yrs warranty) and so there's need for maintenance in the long run.
Whenever the there's leakage or maintenance issues, you must crack the wall before you can assess the sewage pipe.
This means whenever there's need for maintenance you'll probably the the services of a plumber, a mason, & sometimes a tiler to fix a single problem.

Another problem with this system of piping is during the casting of columns/beams and decking, if the pipes are not properly sealed it might get filled with concrete and no one will notice it,
You get to know about the blockage during final installation and by then its already late so you end up doing surface piping for that particular line.

The solution is,
The ducts have covers (aluminium sun breaker as it's locally called) to cover them up when all the plumbing job has been completed.
Whenever the need for maintenance arises, you open them up, do your servicing and close them back.

I am totally with you on this one.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by 2sex(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
koman:

The solution is,
succinct! 5 stars

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
It's been raining again today. .....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
But we are moving on......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Decking ready in the duplex side, lintel ready in the flats side.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by buskie13(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
first to comment after this wonderful pics...spyder...more grace on u... cool
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Chicent(m): 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
Please I sent u a mail. I will be glad if u kindly reply. @spyder880

Note- the projects will be in Iagos and owerri precisely.

Thanks
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by cmecproblem(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
koman:

The solution is,
is there anything that can be done to rectify this after a building has been finished but the plastering and plumbing has not been done yet?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
spyder880:
Decking ready in the duplex side, lintel ready in the flats side.
Oga Spyder,
From your experience and estimate, approximately how many 6 inches block do I need to fence a plot of land 90ft by 70. ( Regular fence height of a storey building). Is it better to buy blocks or to engage molders.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 8:45am On Jun 07, 2015
cmecproblem:

is there anything that can be done to rectify this after a building has been finished but the plastering and plumbing has not been done yet?

It will be difficult to achieve because ducts are planned from onset.
Let's say you want one duct on one section of the building,
to achieve that, all the bathrooms on that section has to be aligned and if they're not, that means you'll more than one.

But there's something else that can be done.
You can do surface piping and later make a cover with aluminium profile to cover them up,
But the cover won't be the regular type, it will be U-form.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by plasgidy: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2015
koman:

It will be difficult to achieve because ducts are planned from onset.
Let's say you want one duct on one section of the building,
to achieve that, all the bathrooms on that section has to be aligned and if they're not, that means you'll more than one.

But there's something else that can be done.
Koman, pls can you

You can do surface piping and later make a cover with aluminium profile to cover them up,
But the cover won't be the regular type, it will be U-form.

Koman, pls can you show us how the u cover for the drain pipes looks like, thanks

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Graceovereffort(f): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy The work is coming on smoothly. Fertiliser dey there smiley

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by twinskenny(m): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Graceovereffort:
cheesy cheesy cheesy The work is coming on smoothly. Fertiliser dey there smiley

no be only fertilizer my sister.. e get enough manure

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Roofing sheets: Current prices of all roofing sheets in Nigeria 2023 / Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.