Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95267 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Mi Oga Spyder880, can this be done after german floor is completed?

Basically can you dig into the german floor to lay pipes or you have to do it before laying the german floor?

Thanks.

We usually do this before the cast of the German floor. This will ensure that the fixed portion will be protected with concrete cast and hold the pipes firmly.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
We have removed all the wood casing for the concrete parapet fascia, and this is how it looks now...... cheesy

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
The curve shows itself. ......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
The "W" design shows itself. ........ this is the WWW . Spydercraft dot com grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
The block of flats. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
From a distance. ........ grin

What this house needs now is some finesse. Some precision in plastering and dressing works which we will bring in to make this the most beautiful house in Port Harcourt grin

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by donbuchi1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice work spyder
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
donbuchi1:
Nice work spyder

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by cleric(m): 5:20am On Sep 12, 2015
Spyder880,

1. Please can you share the cost of carpentry for the roofing woodwork only?
2. Does that mean your lightening collector passed under your roof, into the block work before going into the pit? If so, is this not fire risk as against putting it on top of the roof and on the wall of the building after completion. I must confess, it spoils the aesthetics.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Sep 12, 2015
cleric:
Spyder880,

1. Please can you share the cost of carpentry for the roofing woodwork only?
2. Does that mean your lightening collector passed under your roof, into the block work before going into the pit? If so, is this not fire risk as against putting it on top of the roof and on the wall of the building after completion. I must confess, it spoils the aesthetics.

The carpenters collected N70,000 to roof each building
The lightening collector is passed beneath the roofing sheets as you described. I hate to see wires and copper tapes dangling from the house, it seems a much higher risk to me.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by cleric(m): 11:28am On Sep 13, 2015
spyder880:

The carpenters collected N70,000 to roof each building
The lightening collector is passed beneath the roofing sheets as you described. I hate to see wires and copper tapes dangling from the house, it seems a much higher risk to me.

Now I am certain I am being taken to the cleaners by my carpenter. He charged me 220k for a similar project here in Lagos. Perhaps location is playing a role here.

I am adopting your method of 'conduiting' the copper tapes for the Thunder arrestor. Makes a lot of sense to me. However, I observed you have only one arrestor for the two buildings or am I wrong? If not, will only one arrestor serve both?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2015
cleric:

Now I am certain I am being taken to the cleaners by my carpenter. He charged me 220k for a similar project here in Lagos. Perhaps location is playing a role here.

I am adopting your method of 'conduiting' the copper tapes for the Thunder arrestor. Makes a lot of sense to me. However, I observed you have only one arrestor for the two buildings or am I wrong? If not, will only one arrestor serve both?

No, I have arrestors on both buildings, I will show closer pictures when I return to site tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by cleric(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
spyder880:

No, I have arrestors on both buildings, I will show closer pictures when I return to site tomorrow.

Wow, brilliant! Thanks for ur speedy responses.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
More works going in this building, we are doing the electrical piping for the block of flats after completing the duplex. We are also working on the A/C piping provisions and plumbing piping, all these works are in preparation for the plastering and dressing stage. More pictures tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
Going on this morning. ......

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
More works planned for the weekend.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2015
All hands are on deck here, just cant wait to smooth and dress this house, workers doing their bit this morning.....
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by tranxo(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2015
spyder880:
All hands are on deck here, just cant wait to smooth and dress this house, workers doing their bit this morning.....
spyder880 starving us of pictures
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2015
tranxo:
spyder880 starving us of pictures

Don't worry, I am awaiting the completion of the internal works, expect serious beauty from this work when we start the finish. I am also eagerly awaiting the pictures cheesy
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by tranxo(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2015
spyder880:

Don't worry, I am awaiting the completion of the internal works, expect serious beauty from this work when we start the finish. I am also eagerly awaiting the pictures cheesy
correct!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by danny34(m): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
beautiful oga spyder.... You are good at what you do! This house amongst other things would need quality painting by a proffessional to bring its beauty to life... @Dannypainters dats what we do. Whatever your budget we give you the best. Just like you, we are good at what we do!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
danny34:
beautiful oga spyder.... You are good at what you do! This house amongst other things would need quality painting by a proffessional to bring its beauty to life... @Dannypainters dats what we do. Whatever your budget we give you the best. Just like you, we are good at what we do!

l will contact you when the time comes, thank you.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by danny34(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
spyder880:

l will contact you when the time comes, thank you.

Thanks Boss.... More power to your engine!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by skimmer01(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
my boss ride on
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
skimmer01:
my boss ride on

How far bro? I will soon come over and see una good works on your side. Well done.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Malbel: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please Oga Spyder do you have a good carpenter in Abuja/Niger state axis you can introduce to me who is very good in parapet work.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Malbel:
Please Oga Spyder do you have a good carpenter in Abuja/Niger state axis you can introduce to me who is very good in parapet work.

Not at the moment, they are all busy.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by tranxo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:

Not at the moment, they are all busy.
no more update?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by skimmer01(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Will be pleased to welcome you sir
spyder880:

How far bro? I will soon come over and see una good works on your side. Well done.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by ogogo24(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Oga Spyder...I'm wowed by these houses o, fantastic!

How high is the block of flats roof? Do you consider a 12ft roof too short for a bungalow? If yes, what do u recommend?

Also, have you done any in depth research on the stone coated roof tiles? There seem to be many products in town now. Looking for a reasonable substitute to the ever expensive Wichtech products.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 5:37am On Oct 12, 2015
ogogo24:
Oga Spyder...I'm wowed by these houses o, fantastic!

How high is the block of flats roof? Do you consider a 12ft roof too short for a bungalow? If yes, what do u recommend?

Also, have you done any in depth research on the stone coated roof tiles? There seem to be many products in town now. Looking for a reasonable substitute to the ever expensive Wichtech products.

Thank you sir.

15 ft is the height of the block of flats, and 12 ft is not too short for a bungalow, depending on the span of the house. My research on stone coated roofing sheets? There are good substitutes to Wichtech, but that brand has become very popular in Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by ogogo24(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
spyder880:

15 ft is the height of the block of flats, and 12 ft is not too short for a bungalow, depending on the span of the house. My research on stone coated roofing sheets? There are good substitutes to Wichtech, but that brand has become very popular in Nigeria.

Thanks, can you please expantiate on the good substitutes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.