Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95450 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
ogogo24:

Thanks, can you please expantiate on the good substitutes?

There are a lot of products in the market now and some of them are equally good. I have heard good recommendations for Tilcor roofing tiles, others are good quality Korean roofing tiles.l
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Onuokwu: 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
spyder880:

There are a lot of products in the market now and some of them are equally good. I have heard good recommendations for Tilcor roofing tiles, others are good quality Korean roofing tiles.l

Tilcor by EMEL is about 10-15% cheaper than Wichtec. There are other New Zealand and Korean products you can get about 40% of cost of these premium brand....amongst these are lots of substandard ones that fade avter a few months and some very nice ones tht still come with warranties. You just need to do proper due diligence and save you self the money.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Onuokwu:

Tilcor by EMEL is about 10-15% cheaper than Wichtec. There are other New Zealand and Korean products you can get about 40% of cost of these premium brand....amongst these are lots of substandard ones that fade avter a few months and some very nice ones tht still come with warranties. You just need to do proper due diligence and save you self the money.

Problem is, how will a layman know which one will not fade and stand test of time?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by earthrealm(m): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2015
@ house, with cement being at an all time low price of 1400, am considering buying cement and storing.
my structure is like a twin duplex, but instead of having 2 duplexes, i have 1 duplex + 2 units of 2br on the other side,
i need an estimate of the qty of cement i need to start the project and complete the foundation works...
normal foundation..soil structure is normal

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by janykute: 9:43am On Oct 13, 2015
earthrealm:
@ house, with cement being at an all time low price of 1400, am considering buying cement and storing.
my structure is like a twin duplex, but instead of having 2 duplexes, i have 1 duplex + 2 units of 2br on the other side,
i need an estimate of the qty of cement i need to start the project and complete the foundation works...
Storing of cement is not a good idea though it all depends on how long you had in mind.Cement can congeal easily.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Empiree: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
janykute:

Storing of cement is not a good idea though it all depends on how long you had in mind.Cement can congeal easily.
That will be waste of $#$#$#. Too bad. But i just wonder why cement dont congeal at local stores we buy them....what's the trick behind that?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kolomax(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
earthrealm:
#1200 not #1400
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Empiree: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
kolomax:
#1200 not #1400
So it's really cheap now. Price wisely dropped. Great!
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Onuokwu: 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Problem is, how will a layman know which one will not fade and stand test of time?

Hajji M.

That is where the problem lies. A way around it for now is the reputation of the dealer. If he tells you 25 or 50 year warranty, let him know that if the thing changes color over the next year or so, you will seek redress. Most of the reputable second tier ones also stamp their names and country of manufacture on the tiles, but that can be easily faked. Best way is the reputation of the dealer.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by kolomax(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Empiree:
So it's really cheap now. Price wisely dropped. Great!
yes I bought a bag day before yesterday for a particular job
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Onuokwu:

That is where the problem lies. A way around it for now is the reputation of the dealer. If he tells you 25 or 50 year warranty, let him know that if the thing changes color over the next year or so, you will seek redress. Most of the reputable second tier ones also stamp their names and country of manufacture on the tiles, but that can be easily faked. Best way is the reputation of the dealer.

Got you. Thank you very much for this useful info.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by earthrealm(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2015
janykute:

JUST intend to store for 2 to 3 months
pls still waiting for the quotes/estimates
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2015
earthrealm:

JUST intend to store for 2 to 3 months
pls still waiting for the quotes/estimates

When I want to store cement, I give the money to the dealer at current low prices and allow him trade with my money, I keep a receipt that states "Paid but not yet collected" He can sell off and replenish his stock, I can come and pick up my cement any day, even if the price has gone up.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by janykute: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2015
spyder880:

When I want to store cement, I give the money to the dealer at current low prices and allow him trade with my money, I keep a receipt that states "Paid but not yet collected" He can sell off and replenish his stock, I can come and pick up my cement any day, even if the price has gone up.
Very good idea.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 12:23am On Nov 13, 2015
janykute:

Very good idea.
Spyder, Hajj, Ihebrooks and all our able professionals; I need the services of a quantity surveyor/ architect for a 4 bedroom duplex and the architect t to draw plan of an attached one bedroom self con. Pls give me your email or number and I will contact you for details.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 6:02am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by olumide4christ: 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Alwaysareward:

Spyder, Hajj, Ihebrooks and all our able professionals; I need the services of a quantity surveyor/ architect for a 4 bedroom duplex and the architect t to draw plan of an attached one bedroom self con. Pls give me your email or number and I will contact you for details.

I'm a nairalander and a professional Quantity Surveyor with at least 10 years experience. Contact me - 08188211300.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dressing the parapet

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
Looking good after the works on the walls

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lovely cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
spyder880:
Lovely cheesy
Good job oga Spyder. The lord is your strength.
I was going through your blogs and saw this....http://spydercraft..com/2014/05/the-steel-parapet-fascia.html?m=1
Pls could you shade more light on it; it will benefit those of us who desire pretty homes with good finishings but " mindful of how much we can afford" ( cutting our coat accordingly.... As you adviced.
1. How affordable is it
2. Durability and where to buy it.
3. Pros and Cons (photos where it was used)
We know how busy you and other professionals on Nairaland are; but The knowledge we gain from you and others are immeasurable.
Thanks you.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by eghosajohnny: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
Alwaysareward:

Good job oga Spyder. The lord is your strength.
I was going through your blogs and saw this....http://spydercraft..com/2014/05/the-steel-parapet-fascia.html?m=1
Pls could you shade more light on it; it will benefit those of us who desire pretty homes with good finishings but " mindful of how much we can afford" ( cutting our coat accordingly.... As you adviced.
1. How affordable is it
2. Durability and where to buy it.
3. Pros and Cons (photos where it was used)
We know how busy you and other professionals on Nairaland are; but The knowledge we gain from you and others are immeasurable.
Thanks you.

Sir,you can contact me for any quote as I will give a reasonable quote for your project

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Alwaysareward: 4:35am On Nov 22, 2015
eghosajohnny:

Sir,you can contact me for any quote as I will give a reasonable quote for your project

Will call you today's morning (8am)if it's ok by you. Though I will still appreciate info from spyder the blog owner.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by terrylin0501(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello Sir,
Do you still need concrete mixer. We are manufacturer from China.

Kind regards
Terry
earthrealm:
new to th e thread, sorry to take us back, but i have a question

Using concrete mixer for the foundation of a 1 storey building, is it really important/critical?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by twinskenny(m): 9:18am On Nov 24, 2015
spyder880:
Lovely cheesy
awesome
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Oguledoen: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
spyder880:
Scenes from the cast of the second concrete fascia, today.
Oga Spyder how much did the parapet carpentry work cost? And the cost of parapet iron work too?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
Oguledoen:

Oga Spyder how much did the parapet carpentry work cost? And the cost of parapet iron work too?

N60k and N50k respectively.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Empiree: 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
spyder880:

N60k and N50k respectively.
With prices you indicated, how then a parapet you did on other house, on different thread (or maybe not you). It costs 500k. Dont know if could remember the thread. Even Hajj Mufu was alarmed by it.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
Empiree:
With prices you indicated, how then a parapet you did on other house, on different thread (or maybe not you). It costs 500k. Dont know if could remember the thread. Even Hajj Mufu was alarmed by it.

When you add wood, cement, chippings, iron rods, sand, water and casting labour to it, its bound to get high.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Empiree: 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
spyder880:

When you add wood, cement, chippings, iron rods, sand, water and casting labour to it, its bound to get high.
oh...wasnt thinking about all that. Thanks
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 12:10am On Jan 01, 2016
[b]I don't know where to start, but I want to use this opportunity to thank all my esteemed readers, friends and partners here for all their support, prayers and encouragement throughout the year 2015. I must tell you all that I am still amazed by the confidence you repose in us. We also want to assure you all that we will do everything within our power to remain as transparent as possible, to deliver more buildings with precision and timeliness, to communicate with openness and speed, to improve on the overall quality of our product offerings, and finally to invest your funds in very safe and profitable ventures.

May 2016 be a year we all can spread our wings and fly high, soaring so high that everyone that knows us will marvel at the grace of GOD on our individual lives. May good health, prosperity and safety continue to pursue you all, may your lives continue to be a testimony to GOD.

Once again, we thank you all for all your support in 2015. Merci! Danke! Obrigado! xie xie! shukran! grazie! gracias! cheesy cheesy grin

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED
.[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.