Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" (95265 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Duplex + Penthouse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by gabbytabby: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

We'll see about that grin

and I am talking about the windows and its security railings.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
gabbytabby:

and I am talking about the windows and its security railings.

So they didn't have to break any concrete?

I'll be looking at the whole entry point as a whole.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
gabbytabby:

On the issue of security I have come to realise that the prayer needs to be God's protection cos I locked myself out once and if you see the ease with which this was resolved, I now know that only the opportunist is kept out not the career criminals.

True o sister... God should always be our security... and then goes the saying "God protects those who protects themselves".

BTW.. Mama Gabby, I don send you a mail with some attachments o...

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2015
For plumbers in the house, is there any other alternative you know to the toilet chamber? http://amazingviewpoints..com/

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by mufutau55(m): 1:08am On Aug 13, 2015
spyder880:
For plumbers in the house, is there any other alternative you know to the toilet chamber? http://amazingviewpoints..com/

Very nice Spyder,.. that is how it's done here in obodo.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Very nice Spyder,.. that is how it's done here in obodo.

Hajji M.

I did those last three pictures from the blog on my own house as a test, and it has never given me any problems for 4 years now.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by koman: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2015
spyder880:

I guess the alternative will be an underground drainage from the toilets to the pit grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just kidding though.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Roofing carpentry works still ongoing here........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
Roofing carpentry works for the duplex side is now completed.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
More of the roof.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Moana(f): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
Moana:
Thumbs up

Thank you.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
From a distance. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by PeoplesArmy: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
spyder880:
More of the roof.......

What's the height of this roof (king post)?
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

What's the height of this roof (king post)?

6.1mts as against the 4.5m on the building plans. I hate roofs that lie flat like a lizard cheesy
This will probably cost more money to roof but I hope to scrape through.
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mi Oga, I wouldn't mind seeing close up pictures of that EWT in the background.

I want to construct something similar with two levels.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I will get you a closer shot tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
Also, when you have time can you please do a lecture on plumbing and what work to do and at what point.

I keep on seeing pipes (like in the picture) but I can't understood where they are for.

For example I see this one going into the attic but there is no toilet up there. And where is the termination point on the bottom? Does it go directly into the sewer?

Ive gotten the german floor one down. I understand the covering, the reinforcement, the pillars, etc it's just this plumbing that I can't figure out.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2015
Our plan is to use the top quality Gerrard roofing tiles on this house, we are going to use the Milano brand.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Also, when you have time can you please do a lecture on plumbing and what work to do and at what point.

I keep on seeing pipes (like in the picture) but I can't understood where they are for.

For example I see this one going into the attic but there is no toilet up there. And where is the termination point on the bottom? Does it go directly into the sewer?

Ive gotten the german floor one down. I understand the covering, the reinforcement, the pillars, etc it's just this plumbing that I can't figure out.

Thanks.

What we did here is the conduit plumbing (internal piping) We usually start this by laying pipes inside the foundation walls, fixing and joining it through bricks and concrete as we go up till it gets to the very top. We can then cut the pipes and use a bend to form a vent that points outwards. The pipe you saw protruding was later cut so we could cast the parapet.

The one that will lead to the sewer is done by continuing the piping from the foundation, get a good gradient through the compound, drop chambers or service points along the way till it terminates into the soak away system. This will make for a free flow of waste from the building to the sewer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by omooba969(m): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2015
@spyder,

Plz why is d roof dat high, is dere any other advantage other than to beautify to building?

10x
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2015
+No be small money dey smell for this house sha..
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by twinskenny(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Oga mi weldone sir... beautifully done

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Here we go.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2015
More tanks.....

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Roofing carpentry continues. ..........

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
spyder880:

What we did here is the conduit plumbing (internal piping) We usually start this by laying pipes inside the foundation walls, fixing and joining it through bricks and concrete as we go up till it gets to the very top. We can then cut the pipes and use a bend to form a vent that points outwards. The pipe you saw protruding was later cut so we could cast the parapet.

The one that will lead to the sewer is done by continuing the piping from the foundation, get a good gradient through the compound, drop chambers or service points along the way till it terminates into the soak away system. This will make for a free flow of waste from the building to the sewer.

So the same "vent" pipe (light red) by the parrapet is the same pipe that goes to the soak away and takes shyte alongst with it?

Edit: Okay I think I've got it, if this diagram is correct.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2015
We are already making moves to roof this house, using the stone coated roofing tiles. Work goes on......
Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:19am On Aug 21, 2015
We are filling up this our site road for private cars to access it easily.

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by Reconz2014: 4:54am On Aug 22, 2015
If that is the case then ur carpenter is really good

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:24am On Aug 22, 2015
We offloaded the roofing tiles for the duplex side yesterday night. Work on the coverage of the roofing sheets will commence this morning. Expect a neat, smooth finish as usual. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" by spyder880(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2015
We have started installing this roofing tiles. ........

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Latest New Year Promo Prices For High Quality Imported Doors. / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.