Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (88041 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
To be honest I haven't been trying-and the sites you have shared with me-really doesn't make a difference-every time I have search for Catholic sites, there's always some news that go's against it, nothing good come's out of the Catholic Church-nothing to be so highly proud of anyway, you are a faithful believer in the Catholic Church, I have shared the Word of God to you, and still you have refused it with a passion, but that is your choice.
"Just talking about official teaching of the Church' isn't the problem, what is, none of you practice it, nor do you truly believe it.
Anybody can claim they are christian-Jesus said: by their fruit we will know them, and if you practiced such bible teachings as you say the Church obeys, then I suppose we wouldn't hear of the many stories of wrongs that happens in the Catholic Church, back in the past and still today, and with no justice served-the Church turns a blind eye-leaving their victims standing alone-without a trial against the perpetrator, a priest who forced themselves upon a innocent Child, and still have the expectancy to be called a priest your father after he had broken all the rules.
Or had he broken the rules? Of course we don't know about the hidden agenda's of the secret society, with these hidden teachings?
If you were to believe the teachings of the Catholic Church, as you say you do, than you must fellowship with these monsters, but if you said to me, you believed in the written Word of God-then with evidence it would prove God had separated you, taken you out from a murderous Church that have caused crimes against God and humanity. "And plus you haven't shared nothing about anything."But as we can see-your fruit tells the story.
News travel's-but the problem is, you bow down to your Church as if it were made of previous Jewel's, you haven't given anything that is positive, nothing to help me to understand, that God had removed you out from the flock, and Christ is actually working in your life.
You would like me to think how great your Church stands above all man kind-and you want us to believe how faithful you are towards the Catholic Church, but the fact is, where is Jesus's name-and whereabouts does He stand in the building you believe will save the world.
9inches:

You are trying but you are still not sticking to the script. We are talking about official teaching of the Church, not what people chose to do in their lives.
1. Mention any Catholic doctrine you think contradicts the Scripture:

2. State or quote the exact interpretation of that doctrine from an authentic Catholic source (what does the Church teach about this?):

3. State where and how that doctrine contradicts the Scripture (criticize the teaching in number 2):

Catholic sources: https://www.catholic.com/all
http://www.ewtn.com/search.asp
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:19am On Feb 14, 2018
brocab:
To be honest I haven't been trying-and the sites you have shared with me-really doesn't make a difference-every time I have search for Catholic sites, there's always some news that go's against it, nothing good come's out of the Catholic Church-nothing to be so highly proud of anyway, you are a faithful believer in the Catholic Church, I have shared the Word of God to you, and still you have refused it with a passion, but that is your choice.
"Just talking about official teaching of the Church' isn't the problem, what is, none of you practice it, nor do you truly believe it.
Anybody can claim they are christian-Jesus said: by their fruit we will know them, and if you practiced such bible teachings as you say the Church obeys, then I suppose we wouldn't hear of the many stories of wrongs that happens in the Catholic Church, back in the past and still today, and with no justice served-the Church turns a blind eye-leaving their victims standing alone-without a trial against the perpetrator, a priest who forced themselves upon a innocent Child, and still have the expectancy to be called a priest your father after he had broken all the rules.
Or had he broken the rules? Of course we don't know about the hidden agenda's of the secret society, with these hidden teachings?
If you were to believe the teachings of the Catholic Church, as you say you do, than you must fellowship with these monsters, but if you said to me, you believed in the written Word of God-then with evidence it would prove God had separated you, taken you out from a murderous Church that have caused crimes against God and humanity. "And plus you haven't shared nothing about anything."But as we can see-your fruit tells the story.
News travel's-but the problem is, you bow down to your Church as if it were made of previous Jewel's, you haven't given anything that is positive, nothing to help me to understand, that God had removed you out from the flock, and Christ is actually working in your life.
You would like me to think how great your Church stands above all man kind-and you want us to believe how faithful you are towards the Catholic Church, but the fact is, where is Jesus's name-and whereabouts does He stand in the building you believe will save the world.
I can't read all these. Make use of the format below.

2. State or quote the exact interpretation of that doctrine from an authentic Catholic source (what does the Church teach about this?):

3. State where and how that doctrine contradicts the Scripture (criticize the teaching in number 2):

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:42am On Feb 14, 2018
9inches:

see simple request is now looking like impossibility.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
I am enjoying this, you keep on asking, and I will keep on writing, either way, how you see it, all not. But either way the truth is always out there to be found-and as long as you keep on asking me, to fill in your missing puzzle's I am always here to help..
9inches:
I can't read all these. Make use of the format below. 1. Mention any Catholic doctrine you think contradicts the Scripture:
Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters.
9inches:
Catholics believe that truth is found in the Bible, as interpreted by the Catholic church only, but also found in Catholic church tradition. Catholics give honor to statues and images as symbolic of the individual saints.
9inches:
{Matthew 6:7} "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.
Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters. The Pope teaches that Mary is the mediator between God and man. Catholics also engage in more praising of Mary than Jesus Christ himself and actually pray to her to have their prayers answered. Rosary Beads graphically represent how Roman Catholics heap 10 times more praise upon Mary than God himself. Of the 59 total beads of the Rosary, 53 beads are "Hail Marys", but only 6 beads are "Our Father". The Rosary most often ends with a "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer to Mary, not God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
brocab:
I can't read or this either..
I believe you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
I am so glad you believe me-because the world believes me too-and I believe Jesus believes me, because I believe-your doctrine does not stand concerning the Word of God.
9inches:

I believe you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
brocab:
I am so glad you believe me-because the world believes me too-and I believe Jesus believes me, because I believe-your doctrine does not stand concerning the Word of God.
Ignorance is bliss. Carry on!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:36am On Feb 15, 2018
brocab:
http://catholicchampion..qa/2010/10/rationalism-vs-faith-protestantism-vs.html

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2018
Is this you final answer-this is what you have finally come up with-why do the Catholic's always turn to this sort of rubbish-it took One man to save the world-but it wasn't this unbelieving so called protestant man, he was never a protestant-he's Catholic, like most Catholic's that never read their bibles-this man is a lazy believer-Just like you-he doesn't believe-he didn't know God, he was brought up as a another bum sitting in Church..
Why try to give me this kind of rubbish-This man wasn't a born again believer-this man's Catholic, he never knew Christ from the beginning, visa versa.
Believers don't turn their backs on Christ, and if this man was ever a protestant-someone else wrote this rubbish-and planted a photo of this man-maybe he is a priest-true protestant believers don't lie against the Holy spirit-they don't turn their backs against Christ, if not this man, someone is lying-and allow me to guess who that will be.
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I can see-I have finally answered your 3 questions correctly, Well done good and faithful servant, this is where 9 inches pats brocab on the back for given such great 3 answers.
I am enjoying this, you keep on asking, and I will keep on writing, either way, how you see it, all not. But either way the truth is always out there to be found-and as long as you keep on asking me, to fill in your missing puzzle's I am always here to help..
9inches:
I can't read all these. Make use of the format below. 1. Mention any Catholic doctrine you think contradicts the Scripture:
Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters.
9inches:
Catholics believe that truth is found in the Bible, as interpreted by the Catholic church only, but also found in Catholic church tradition. Catholics give honor to statues and images as symbolic of the individual saints.
9inches:
{Matthew 6:7} "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.
Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters. The Pope teaches that Mary is the mediator between God and man. Catholics also engage in more praising of Mary than Jesus Christ himself and actually pray to her to have their prayers answered. Rosary Beads graphically represent how Roman Catholics heap 10 times more praise upon Mary than God himself. Of the 59 total beads of the Rosary, 53 beads are "Hail Marys", but only 6 beads are "Our Father". The Rosary most often ends with a "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer to Mary, not God.
But whom do we believe/the Catholic's/or do we believe the Word of God?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
Pope Francis and Death Penalty
Lets translate the current Catechism into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty."
Today pope Francis has announced his method of spreading confusion across the Church like wildfire. Francis communicates to us something that has never been a part of preaching the Gospel. He said,
"It is not enough to find a new language in which to articulate our perennial faith; it is also urgent, in the light of the new challenges and prospects facing humanity, that the Church be able to express the “new things” of Christ’s Gospel, that, albeit present in the word of God, have not yet come to light. This is the treasury of “things old and new” of which Jesus spoke when he invited his disciples to teach the newness that he had brought, without forsaking the old (cf. Mt 13:52)."
Francis has now invented his own Gospel. He says it is not enough to ensure we are preaching the perennial faith with sufficient language to meet our time, but that now we must express, "new things"! Now we are supposed to be finding things in the Word of God that we have never heard of? Did Jesus speak of this in Matthew 13:52? I think not.
Lets look at the passage. He said unto them: Therefore every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven, is like to a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure new things and old.
Jesus here according to Saint Thomas is speaking about the sacred teaching itself which Jesus was communicating to his followers which he also calls scribes. Why was he calling them scribes? Because they would be similar to the scribes of old, they would teach the Gospel instead of the old law. They can discuss the the kingdom of God and Sacred teaching, wherein things new and old are contained. "Behold I send you prophets, and wise men and scribes." Dan 12:10 They are also called scribes because they are Christ's secretaries. Jesus taught them in parables so they would see the fulfillment of the Old Law in the New. Thomas says according to Gregory, the old things refer to all those things which are attributed to sin, and the new to those things which are attributed to the grace of Christ and eternal life. (Taken from St Thomas' Commentary on Matthew)
How on earth does this refer to "new things" that we have never heard of over the past 2000 years the Church has been preaching the Gospel? Francis is simply inventing new teaching. As we all know, Divine Revelation closed with the death of the last apostle. We can only delve deeper into the existing, perennial teaching that we have been given at the outset. So yes, it is enough to articulate our perennial faith to the world, because like God it is the same today and forever.
Then Francis then drops one of his "new things" on us. He invents a new teaching out of thin air! Brace yourselves!
I would like now to bring up a subject that ought to find in the Catechism of the Catholic Church a more adequate and coherent treatment in the light of these expressed aims. I am speaking of the death penalty.

This issue cannot be reduced to a mere résumé of traditional teaching without taking into account not only the doctrine as it has developed in the teaching of recent Popes, but also the change in the awareness of the Christian people which rejects an attitude of complacency before a punishment deeply injurious of human dignity. It must be clearly stated that the death penalty is an inhumane measure that, regardless of how it is carried out, abases human dignity. It is per se contrary to the Gospel, because it entails the willful suppression of a human life that never ceases to be sacred in the eyes of its Creator and of which – ultimately – only God is the true judge and guarantor.
So the "new thing" is now condemning 2000 years of Christian teaching which teaches that the death penalty is a legitimate form of punishment.
What Francis is really saying is that the Church taught and upheld an act which was contrary to human dignity, contrary to the Gospel, and he is the one who is going to correct it. If it goes against the Gospel, then the Catholic Church has been teaching something contrary to the Gospel for 2000 years! We all know this is an impossibility.
Better yet, he is calling Pope Pius XII and many other popes monsters who were promoting heinous acts against human dignity!
His predecessors were promoting an act as being a legitimate form of punishment that was really contrary to the Gospel!
Is Pope Pius XII so far removed from our advanced society that he did not realize this? If you think so I have ocean front property to sell you in Kansas. Do we see what this kind of thinking leads us? This is modernism at its finest! He is claiming that this is a development. Does he know the definition of development? Development means the teaching is the same, we just understand it more fully. Development is not that we overturn the teaching and then label it a development.
Everyone who came before Francis was wrong, and he is right.
This is the leitmotif of his papal occupation. Francis knows better than all the popes who came before him. Francis knows the "new things" that no one else ever knew!
Almost sounds like the Gnostics no? As for me, the Church teaching is what it is. For now the Catechism teaches, "Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty..." Guess what, if the act was contrary to the Gospel, this could never have been said in the Catechism!
Lets translate this into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty." I feel ashamed for anyone who falls for this "new thing." Do you think we are idiots? As you can tell I am a bit miffed at this whole debacle.

Above: Pope Pius XII now according to Francis a monster who promoted inhumane acts against human dignity!

Even in the case of the death penalty the State does not dispose of the individual’s right to life. Rather public authority limits itself to depriving the offender of the good of life in expiation for his guilt, after he, through his crime, deprived himself of his own right to life.
(Pius XII, Address to the First International Congress of Histopathology of the Nervous System, 14 September 1952, XIV, 328)
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
brocab:
Is this you final answer-this is what you have finally come up with-why do the Catholic's always turn to this sort of rubbish-it took One man to save the world-but it wasn't this unbelieving so called protestant man, he was never a protestant-he's Catholic, like most Catholic's that never read their bibles-this man is a lazy believer-Just like you-he doesn't believe-he didn't know God, he was brought up as a another bum sitting in Church. Why try to give me this kind of rubbish-This man wasn't a born again believer-this man's Catholic, he never knew Christ from the beginning, visa versa.
Believers don't turn their backs on Christ, and if this man was ever a protestant-someone else wrote this rubbish-and planted a photo of this man-maybe he is a priest-true protestant believers don't lie against the Holy spirit-they don't turn their backs against Christ, if not this man, someone is lying-and allow me to guess who that will be.
You know the man well enough, right? How old are you again?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
brocab:

brocab:
This has nothing to do with Catholic interpretation of your number 1 above.
Open any of the links, search for any topic you desire, for example bowing to statues and paste the teachings you find here so we can criticize the teachings together. You have to understand the

brocab:
But whom do we believe/the Catholic's/or do we believe the Word of God?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
brocab:
One at a time. The apparition of Mary to St. Dominic or the Perpetual Virginity of Mary

brocab:
[s]Catholics believe that truth is found in the Bible, as interpreted by the Catholic church only, but also found in Catholic church tradition. Catholics give honor to statues and images as symbolic of the individual saints.[/s]
I said state or quote the INTERPRETATION from Catholic source. You only restated a belief of the Catholic Church, but then what is the whole teaching behind that to support the practice or belief? And by the way, this has nothing to do with Catholic interpretation of your number 1 above.
Open any of the links, search for any topic you desire, for example bowing to statues and paste the teachings you find here so we can criticize the teachings together. You have to understand THE REASON WHY the Church believes or practices whatever it believes or practices. The reasons you can find here. Copy and paste any of them here and criticize it:
https://www.catholic.com/all

brocab:
[s]{Matthew 6:7} "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.
But whom do we believe/the Catholic's/or do we believe the Word of God?[/s]
Number 3 says criticize the teaching in number 2. This segment is for you to find faults in the teachings and interpretations from Catholic sources in number 2.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
This is the Catholic sites you had given me, and now you are denying its fruits, you expect me to write something that isn't there-not in the sites you had given me-but what I did find in these sites-I have written them down, and again you have refused your own documents from these same sites you have given me.
9inches:
Open any of the links, search for any topic you desire, for example bowing to statues and paste the teachings you find here so we can criticize the teachings together. You have to understand THE REASON WHY the Church believes or practices whatever it believes or practices. The reasons you can find here. Copy and paste any of them here and criticize it:
I don't need to know why the Catholic's have their many faults nor how they prefer to bow down to idol's-what I need to know is what does the Bible say, and what does God say we should do?
Is it right for you to bow down to nontraditional traditions, do you wash your hands, a special way as your fathers did.
Paul preached the traditions he received from God.
{John 14:14-16} If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever.
I would believe you-but the problem is you don't obey God's traditions of commandments-as well as you claim you do.
9inches:
One at a time. The apparition of Mary to St. Dominic or the Perpetual Virginity of Mary

I said state or quote the INTERPRETATION from Catholic source. You only restated a belief of the Catholic Church, but then what is the whole teaching behind that to support the practice or belief? And by the way, this has nothing to do with Catholic interpretation of your number 1 above.

Number 3 says criticize the teaching in number 2. This segment is for you to find faults in the teachings and interpretations from Catholic sources in number 2.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:51am On Feb 17, 2018
9inches:

Open any of the links, search for any topic you desire, for example bowing to statues and paste the teachings you find here so we can criticize the teachings together. You have to understand THE REASON WHY the Church believes or practices whatever it believes or practices.
So you would like me to criticize the Catholic's-I have a better idea, lets start with lining up your doctrines of traditions and how Paul actually had interpreted it in the scriptures.
{2 Thessalonians 3:6} Has nothing to do with the "Sacred Tradition" claimed by the Roman Catholic Church. It is about not being idle and failing to work. But that hasn't stopped the Roman Catholic church from reading into the scripture the idea that "tradition" means apostolic pronouncements that were orally deposited to the Roman Catholic Church which then releases them over time. They should stick with what the text actually says, and not what it does not.
In the New Testament, the word "tradition" also has reference to that which has been passed down. In some contexts, it is clear that some things (doctrines, rituals) passed down by man are contrary to the Word of God, and should be forsaken see {Mark 7:13}
The fact something is passed down from one time to another does not mean it must be forsaken. But if it is contrary to the Word of God (whether traditional or contemporary), it should be forsaken {Colossians 2:8}
In other contexts, there are traditions we ought to hold and perpetuate. Paul wrote to the Thessalonians and said, "Stand fast and hold the traditions," {2 Thessalonians 2:15}
Here, traditions are those ordinances, precepts and teachings transmitted through the apostles of Christ, and intended for all future generations.
Remember what Jesus said to His men when He sent them out after His resurrection? "... teach them to observe all things that I have commanded you," {Matt. 28:20} As an apostle of Christ, Paul taught what Christ commanded, and this body of instruction transmitted through the apostles is now preserved in the New Testament. Our obligation is to learn these instructions, then "stand fast" and "hold" them against all threats and temptations.
In the next chapter, Paul adds this: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received from us." {2 Thessalonians 3:6}
Not only must I stand fast and hold the traditions {New Testament} I'm also obligated to join with others in the local church to take action against those who rebel and refuse to keep these sacred traditions.
It is the teachings (paradoseis, 'traditions'). Paradosis means truth which, having been received, must be faithfully handed on. In this case it is Paul's own teaching, which he had received from God {1 Thessalonians 2:13} and which subsequently, he writes, we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth (his oral instruction when present with them) or by letter (his written instruction when absent).
So these paradoseis are not the later 'traditions of the church,' but the original teachings or traditions of the apostles.
It is vital to preserve this distinction between the two kinds of tradition. The apostolic traditions are the foundation of Christian faith and life, while subsequent ecclesiastical traditions are the superstructure which 'the church' has erected on it.
The primary traditions, to which we should hold fast, are those which the apostles received from Christ {either the historic Christ or the living Spirit of Christ} which they taught the early church by word or letter, and which are now preserved in the New Testament.
To 'stand firm and hold to the teachings' means in our case to be ... uncompromisingly loyal to the teaching of Christ and his apostles. This is the road to stability. The only way to resist false teaching is to cling to the true teaching that is written in the bible."
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2018
brocab:

So you would like me to criticize the Catholic's-I have a better idea, lets start with lining up your doctrines of traditions and how Paul actually had interpreted it in the scriptures.
{2 Thessalonians 3:6} Has nothing to do with the "Sacred Tradition" claimed by the Roman Catholic Church. It is about not being idle and failing to work. But that hasn't stopped the Roman Catholic church from reading into the scripture the idea that "tradition" means apostolic pronouncements that were orally deposited to the Roman Catholic Church which then releases them over time. They should stick with what the text actually says, and not what it does not.
In the New Testament, the word "tradition" also has reference to that which has been passed down. In some contexts, it is clear that some things (doctrines, rituals) passed down by man are contrary to the Word of God, and should be forsaken see {Mark 7:13}
The fact something is passed down from one time to another does not mean it must be forsaken. But if it is contrary to the Word of God (whether traditional or contemporary), it should be forsaken {Colossians 2:8}
In other contexts, there are traditions we ought to hold and perpetuate. Paul wrote to the Thessalonians and said, "Stand fast and hold the traditions," {2 Thessalonians 2:15}
Here, traditions are those ordinances, precepts and teachings transmitted through the apostles of Christ, and intended for all future generations.
Remember what Jesus said to His men when He sent them out after His resurrection? "... teach them to observe all things that I have commanded you," {Matt. 28:20} As an apostle of Christ, Paul taught what Christ commanded, and this body of instruction transmitted through the apostles is now preserved in the New Testament. Our obligation is to learn these instructions, then "stand fast" and "hold" them against all threats and temptations.
In the next chapter, Paul adds this: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received from us." {2 Thessalonians 3:6}
Not only must I stand fast and hold the traditions {New Testament} I'm also obligated to join with others in the local church to take action against those who rebel and refuse to keep these sacred traditions.
It is the teachings (paradoseis, 'traditions'). Paradosis means truth which, having been received, must be faithfully handed on. In this case it is Paul's own teaching, which he had received from God {1 Thessalonians 2:13} and which subsequently, he writes, we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth (his oral instruction when present with them) or by letter (his written instruction when absent).
So these paradoseis are not the later 'traditions of the church,' but the original teachings or traditions of the apostles.
It is vital to preserve this distinction between the two kinds of tradition. The apostolic traditions are the foundation of Christian faith and life, while subsequent ecclesiastical traditions are the superstructure which 'the church' has erected on it.
The primary traditions, to which we should hold fast, are those which the apostles received from Christ {either the historic Christ or the living Spirit of Christ} which they taught the early church by word or letter, and which are now preserved in the New Testament.
To 'stand firm and hold to the teachings' means in our case to be ... uncompromisingly loyal to the teaching of Christ and his apostles. This is the road to stability. The only way to resist false teaching is to cling to the true teaching that is written in the bible."

Do the simple thing, follow the format I posted.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:18pm On Feb 15
Sound Hypocritical, coming from a Catholic-so you prefer me to criticize these sites-so you can laugh with me?
Why criticize your Church, together we could search the scriptures to find the truth where your Church began?
History First Christians-According to Catholic Church tradition, Saint Peter established the church in Antioch, and was the city's first bishop. before going to Rome to found the Church there.
But was it Peter? "It was in the city of Antioch (modern day Antakya in southeast Turkey) that Christians were first so called {Acts 11:26} "After having gone to Tarsus to get the new convert Saul, only recently a persecutor of the church himself, Barnabas returns with Saul and they work with the church at Antioch for a year. What an encouragement he must have been to Saul, for most believers were still afraid of him. Later, Barnabas and Saul (soon to be known as Paul) will travel through Asia Minor together establishing many churches in many different cities. Antioch would become their "headquarters" from where they would launch their missions and return after completing them.
9inches:

Do the simple thing, follow the format I posted.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
brocab:
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:18pm On Feb 15
Sound Hypocritical, coming from a Catholic-so you prefer me to criticize these sites-so you can laugh with me?
Why criticize your Church, together we could search the scriptures to find the truth where your Church began?
History First Christians-According to Catholic Church tradition, Saint Peter established the church in Antioch, and was the city's first bishop. before going to Rome to found the Church there.
But was it Peter? "It was in the city of Antioch (modern day Antakya in southeast Turkey) that Christians were first so called {Acts 11:26} "After having gone to Tarsus to get the new convert Saul, only recently a persecutor of the church himself, Barnabas returns with Saul and they work with the church at Antioch for a year. What an encouragement he must have been to Saul, for most believers were still afraid of him. Later, Barnabas and Saul (soon to be known as Paul) will travel through Asia Minor together establishing many churches in many different cities. Antioch would become their "headquarters" from where they would launch their missions and return after completing them.

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Here I go again, I have found better sites for you to criticize, these sites are the truth-sites that people could understand more clearly, where there's truth-people run to it, because it's true.
God is not mocked: and in Word He will always lead His own people to safety. Writing down Catholic doctrine I think contradicts the Scripture, is not hard to find-matter of fact I have written down many contradictions the Catholic's believe-but this won't matter to you, because the bottom line is, you don't believe, this>If You Abide in My Word, You Are Truly My Disciples..
9inches:
Some of these new Catholic traditions were added to the scriptures..
Basic Doctrine
Reflections and Prayers
Excerpts from Church Documents
God Became Man: The Incarnation
Christ Died for Us: The Redemption
Christ Rose From the Dead: The Resurrection
Christ Returned to His Father: The Ascension
The Holy Spirit
Mary, The Mother of Jesus
Basic Doctrine
Reflections and Prayers
Excerpts from Church Documents Overview of Church Teaching
Individual Doctrines Explained
Español
Apologetics
Devotion
The Catholic Church
The Papacy
Basic Doctrine
Apologetics
Reflections
Excerpts from Church Documents Saint Peter
Basic Catholic Teaching on St. Peter and the Papacy
Apologetics
Reflections
The Holy Eucharist
The Last Things
Basic Doctrine
Mass and Communion
Eucharist in Scripture
Eucharistic Devotion
Excerpts from Church Documents Death
Judgement
The Resurrection of the Body
Heaven
Hell
Purgatory
Overview of how Catholic faith contradicts the Bible
1. Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden
Catholics are taught to call their priest, "Father", as a religious title of respect. Christians in the first century never called their leaders, "father". This first happened hundreds of years later.
Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

9inches:

Angelus
Apostle's Creed
Glory Be
Guardian Angel Prayer
Hail Mary
Holy Rosary
Our Father
St. Michael the Archangel
The Authentic Doctrine of the Eucharist
At the heart of Roman Catholicism lies the celebration of the Eucharist as it both expresses and renews the living faith of Catholics. Each new generation accepts the tradition, even as it articulates its own authentic understanding and expression of the Eucharistic doctrine. The Authentic Doctrine of the Eucharist documents the rich heritage of this living tradition. So more can I say?

9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:21am On Feb 20, 2018
brocab:

You are copying and pasting an entire homepage of EWTN website. That's not what I asked you to do.

Example:
You believe Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden because of Matt. 23:9.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

Read the explanations in number 2 and also (2 Kings 6:21) and explain how they contradict Matt. 23:9 on the issue of calling a priest or a parent father.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 4:48am On Feb 21, 2018
So now you would like me to past certain chapters? At first You wanted me to just look into EWTN website, I did, but you didn't give me a site to focus on.
Finely I can see-where you are heading with this, and of course you call your blood father at home holy priest, just like the Catholic's say about the Pope.
Just by looking at this below-obviously you are looking into the scriptures sightly backwards. There is nothing wrong with using the word father metaphorically, there is nothing wrong with calling our earthly parents “father” and “mother.”
In doing so we are not giving our parents an elevated title or position that belongs only to God. Our earthly parents are worthy of honor, and we are to honor our parents daily in the spirit of {Exodus 20:12, Matthew 15:4, Ephesians 6:1–3}
It would be confusing for God to give the fifth commandment in {Exodus 20:12} “Honor your father and your mother” and then later restrict us from calling our earthly father “father.”
{Matthew 23:9} states, “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and He is in heaven.
”The context of {Matthew 23:9} tells us that referring to one’s biological father as “Father” is not what Jesus is speaking about.
In {Matthew 23:1–12} Jesus is denouncing the Jewish scribes and Pharisees for rejecting Him as their Messiah, in particular for their hypocrisy in elevating themselves above others with titles such as “teacher” and “master.” The Jewish teachers affected those titles because they supposed that a teacher formed the man or gave him real life. They sought, therefore, to be called “father,” as if they were the source of truth rather than God.
Roman Catholics call their priests “father,” and the Pope is the “holy father.” Abbots take their title from the Aramaic word abba, which means “father.” This is clearly unbiblical. The priest as “father” is problematic. In the case of “holy father,” there is no doubt this title is unbiblical.
No man can take on the title of “holy” anything, because only God is holy.
9inches:

You are copying and pasting an entire homepage of EWTN website. That's not what I asked you to do.

Example:
You believe Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden because of Matt. 23:9.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

Read the explanations in number 2 and also (2 Kings 6:21) and explain how they contradict Matt. 23:9 on the issue of calling a priest or a parent father.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2018
brocab:
So now you would like me to past certain chapters? At first You wanted me to just look into EWTN website, I did, but you didn't give me a site to focus on.
Finely I can see-where you are heading with this, and of course you call your blood father at home holy priest, just like the Catholic's say about the Pope.
Just by looking at this below-obviously you are looking into the scriptures sightly backwards. There is nothing wrong with using the word father metaphorically, there is nothing wrong with calling our earthly parents “father” and “mother.”
In doing so we are not giving our parents an elevated title or position that belongs only to God. Our earthly parents are worthy of honor, and we are to honor our parents daily in the spirit of {Exodus 20:12, Matthew 15:4, Ephesians 6:1–3}
It would be confusing for God to give the fifth commandment in {Exodus 20:12} “Honor your father and your mother” and then later restrict us from calling our earthly father “father.”
{Matthew 23:9} states, “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and He is in heaven.
”The context of {Matthew 23:9} tells us that referring to one’s biological father as “Father” is not what Jesus is speaking about.
In {Matthew 23:1–12} Jesus is denouncing the Jewish scribes and Pharisees for rejecting Him as their Messiah, in particular for their hypocrisy in elevating themselves above others with titles such as “teacher” and “master.” The Jewish teachers affected those titles because they supposed that a teacher formed the man or gave him real life. They sought, therefore, to be called “father,” as if they were the source of truth rather than God.
Roman Catholics call their priests “father,” and the Pope is the “holy father.” Abbots take their title from the Aramaic word abba, which means “father.” This is clearly unbiblical. The priest as “father” is problematic. In the case of “holy father,” there is no doubt this title is unbiblical.
No man can take on the title of “holy” anything, because only God is holy.

Make use of the format to make it easy to read. Copying and pasting from gotquestions.org won't help you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
Here we go again, refusing to give me something I could work on, instead you prefer me using religious sites-but not the sites I found is useful, if Got Questions won't help me, than what makes you believe EWTN website will?
So far the EWTN website isn't helping me at all-matter of fact-it is doing my head in, and damaging me spirituality, if I wanted to believe in fairy tales, yes EWTN would be the site to go-I actually thought you were going to lead me to a good site-not something on the lines of a witch hunt, I thought Catholicism were a group of people that brought people to God, not turn them away.
If you are expecting me to learn something about God, then at least give me truth, not something-the Catholic Church have added to scripture.
9inches:

Make use of the format to make it easy to read. Copying and pasting from gotquestions.org won't help you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
][quote author=9inches post=64794333]
I don't know what you call man-made traditions, however, I understand your choice to limit your understanding of the Scripture to the Scripture alone. That is called the bible alone or sola scriptura doctrine which was formulated in 1517 by no other than Martin Luther who was a Catholic priest and monk. For over 14 centuries, Christians have been learning BOTH what was written in the scripture as well as what they were taught orally by their predecessors in faith.
@ bold are you insinuating what was written and what was preached were different gospels?
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If there was one gospel, it mean what was written down is the same as what was said no difference and if so, the scripture can be used as a yardstick for differentiating lies from truth.

Listen carefully to what Paul said to the Thessalonians (2 Thess 2:15): "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter." Now, don't you think the Thessalonians have more in-depth understanding of the overall message of Paul more than you? My answer is YES because you have only one aspect of his teaching- his letters; the other aspect he conveyed by the word of mouth, you do not have.
Paul never said there two part of his message. That is you reading what it didn't say into it. He simply said his teaching was pass out in two ways, in writing and in words.

Paul clearly said that the written scripture can make one perfect.
2 Timothy 3:15[b] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptureinspiratione able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[/b]
3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
3:17 That t[b]he man of God may be perfect, [/b]throughly furnished unto all good works.

Can what is imperfect bring perfection?

That whole body of knowledge they passed on to the Churches and their descendants up till this moment, and will never stop as long as there is continuity in life and direct generational ties. And so it happens that only one group or sect of Christians still maintains that direct unbroken link to the apostles and Christ Himself.
lol superfluity of nothingness.
Being link to Christ has nothing to do with generational ties or physical birth.
Churches do not have discendants.
Do you are think that the worship of God is like ancesstral worship that is pass down from one lineage to another?
The lie you have been taught is that roman catholic holds the truth.

Martin Luther was in that loop but later broke off and passed down his own new doctrine to the disadvantage of his followers.
who is Luther?

If you cite me any verse in the bible where it says the scripture is "sufficient"...2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.., I will leave the Catholic Church and I will denounce the Pope on this forum.

I am waiting for the false catholic teaching.

Remember:
1. Mention any Catholic doctrine you think contradicts the Scripture
2. State or quote the exact interpretation from an authentic Catholic source
3. State where that doctrine contradicts the Scripture.
I have already
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
brocab:
Here we go again, refusing to give me something I could work on, instead you prefer me using religious sites-but not the sites I found is useful, if Got Questions won't help me, than what makes you believe EWTN website will?
So far the EWTN website isn't helping me at all-matter of fact-it is doing my head in, and damaging me spirituality, if I wanted to believe in fairy tales, yes EWTN would be the site to go-I actually thought you were going to lead me to a good site-not something on the lines of a witch hunt, I thought Catholicism were a group of people that brought people to God, not turn them away.
If you are expecting me to learn something about God, then at least give me truth, not something-the Catholic Church have added to scripture.

You are supposed to be criticizing Catholic teachings, that's why you have to use authentic Catholic sources so you can understand what the teachings are so that you will be able to point out the contradictions in them. My challenge to you is only to go through the teachings and point out errors, not necessarily for you to believe anything.

Use the simple format as you do so.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
You expect me to criticize Catholic teaching, everybody criticizes-and shamefully with religion the Catholic Church is always in the middle of it all.
I have read about many different religions-but the main attraction is-most false religions actually lines up with the Catholic Church, and this isn't criticizing-this is the truth..
Pointing out errors, won't change the fact people choose to believe them, the truth is written in the bible-but how many actually read the bible, to seek between error's and truth?
Most people in Churches believe in their Church traditions, they would rather listen to either their priest-pastor, then to read something God's Spirit had ordained men to write the scriptures.
There are more people in Churches all over the world today,"lost" and as I said above, and this isn't criticizing-since you became a believer in Christ, is there fruit-would you recognise changes in you-since the beginning?
Count the many Churches who are guilty of crimes against God and humanity, is the Word of God actually being preached amongst the believers: all is there another tradition of doctrines stopping God's people to gain eternal salvation.
God won the battle, had He opened to us a narrow door, a decision is made so each and everyone have a choice to decide, which life we have chosen to live by.
“They are not of the world, even as I am not of it,” and this is before His request: “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
Are we not all in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption” {1 Corinthians 1:30}
9inches:

You are supposed to be criticizing Catholic teachings, that's why you have to use authentic Catholic sources so you can understand what the teachings are so that you will be able to point out the contradictions in them. My challenge to you is only to go through the teachings and point out errors, not necessarily for you to believe anything.

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
And plus-I was hoping you would explain why you believe in God-and why you prefer to believe in something other then God's Word?
But no you have pushed this aside-hoping no-one will ask you such a question-you had given me websites that can't possibly answer this question.
So of course this gives you time to crawl under that rock you once came out from, again..
Can't any Catholic-give me the answer, are you saved, and how were you saved, and who saved you?
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:01am On Feb 23, 2018
solite3:
@ bold are you insinuating what was written and what was preached were different gospels?
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If there was one gospel, it mean what was written down is the same as what was said no difference and if so, the scripture can be used as a yardstick for differentiating lies from truth.
Example: If I gave you my sister's diary which she had written "I make sure I eat 3 square meals a day". And later on, I told you orally that my sister eats 5 times a day, what would be your conclusion? Do you see any contradictions?

solite3:
Paul never said there two part of his message. That is you reading what it didn't say into it. He simply said his teaching was pass out in two ways, in writing and in words.
Paul never said his teaching was passed out in two ways. That is you reading what it didn't say into it.

solite3:
Paul clearly said that the written scripture can make one perfect.
2 Timothy 3:15[b] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptureinspiratione able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[/b]
3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
3:17 That t[b]he man of God may be perfect, [/b]throughly furnished unto all good works.

Can what is imperfect bring perfection?
Refer to the example in my first reply above.

solite3:
lol superfluity of nothingness.
Being link to Christ has nothing to do with generational ties or physical birth.
Churches do not have discendants.
Do you are think that the worship of God is like ancesstral worship that is pass down from one lineage to another?
The lie you have been taught is that roman catholic holds the truth.
Using my first reply: Assume in the year 4048, a man in India who has no knowledge whatsoever about my sister walks into a library, opens my sister's diary (or a copy of it) and he reads "I make sure I eat 3 square meals a day". The librarian says to him "the writer of this book eats 5 times a day".
Just like a protestant, the man would argue the librarian's information is wrong because he couldn't find it in the diary. Who among the two do you think has more understanding of my sister's eating habit than the other?

solite3:
who is Luther?
The founder of Protestantism.

solite3:
2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works
No "sufficiency" in the above. Keep trying!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:06am On Feb 23, 2018
brocab:
You expect me to criticize Catholic teaching, everybody criticizes-and shamefully with religion the Catholic Church is always in the middle of it all.
I have read about many different religions-but the main attraction is-most false religions actually lines up with the Catholic Church, and this isn't criticizing-this is the truth..
Pointing out errors, won't change the fact people choose to believe them, the truth is written in the bible-but how many actually read the bible, to seek between error's and truth?
Most people in Churches believe in their Church traditions, they would rather listen to either their priest-pastor, then to read something God's Spirit had ordained men to write the scriptures.
There are more people in Churches all over the world today,"lost" and as I said above, and this isn't criticizing-since you became a believer in Christ, is there fruit-would you recognise changes in you-since the beginning?
Count the many Churches who are guilty of crimes against God and humanity, is the Word of God actually being preached amongst the believers: all is there another tradition of doctrines stopping God's people to gain eternal salvation.
God won the battle, had He opened to us a narrow door, a decision is made so each and everyone have a choice to decide, which life we have chosen to live by.
“They are not of the world, even as I am not of it,” and this is before His request: “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
Are we not all in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption” {1 Corinthians 1:30}

When you find any teaching from authentic Catholic source that is wrong, let me know. May Martin Luther pray for you. cool
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:09am On Feb 23, 2018
brocab:
And plus-I was hoping you would explain why you believe in God-and why you prefer to believe in something other then God's Word?
But no you have pushed this aside-hoping no-one will ask you such a question-you had given me websites that can't possibly answer this question.
So of course this gives you time to crawl under that rock you once came out from, again..
Can't any Catholic-give me the answer, are you saved, and how were you saved, and who saved you?

Sure, you can find enough answers to what I believe in here:
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
{Romans 10:14-18} How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “Their sound has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the ends of the world.”
So you see, I am seeking the truth from you-not from sites that has no meaning..
9inches:

Sure, you can find enough answers to what I believe in here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.