Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (87763 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2018
What is my doctrine? Is it the Word of God, you have quietly removed from your scriptures of the Catholic Church, is the traditions more important to you, that because Martin Luther disqualified them, you believe everyone walked in Martin Luther-what you don't understand is, we don't walk in Martin Luther-we walk in Christ..
9inches:

The doctrine of sola scriptura, which is unbiblical and made-up by him. I don't care what happened to Luther because he's already dead. But you need to be informed of his doctrine so you won't make same mistake.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:37am On Jan 31, 2018
I was searching through you tube for some good preaching, and I had noticed this video, I thought I would paste it, This preacher was dedicated to the Catholic Church for 38 years, and this is his testimony, 9 in" you maybe interested, and maybe you could explain your own version about it, after watching it? A dedicated Catholic's are starting to see some hidden truths about Pope Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeI0bDv3LE8
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2018
brocab:
Finally we have come to an agreement, the body of the believers is the Church..
So what made you believe, it was the Catholic Church Christ was preferring too, the Words Peter spoke weren't words that came out if sinful flesh,
these Word's were God's Words, God had spoken through Peter.
Jesus said: these Words you speak 'Simon Peter, didn't come from your flesh, it come straight from My Father in heaven, Christ built His Church on the Word, Christ didn't build His Church upon sin.
Sin can not build the Church of God, and you built your Church upon the sinful nature of Peter a sinner..

May God have mercy on you for posting the rubbish highlighted above. How can God build His Church on a sinful nature of man (Peter).
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2018
brocab:
What is my doctrine? Is it the Word of God, you have quietly removed from your scriptures of the Catholic Church, is the traditions more important to you, that because Martin Luther disqualified them, you believe everyone walked in Martin Luther-what you don't understand is, we don't walk in Martin Luther-we walk in Christ..

Your doctrine is sola scriptura (bible only), and No, it's unbiblical meaning it's not the Word of God or original Christian doctrine. All Sacred Scripture and tradition were approved by God and no individual should remove or distort any part of both.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2018
I know and I know you haven't any interest in the written Word of God, but whenever you front God on your Judgement day coming, you can say to God, you were told about the truth, but you refused it with a passion-all you could believe, the Word of God is used as our tool to know Christ, before the Bible was written, the apostles spoke word of mouth, some were listening to the Holy Spirit and others were listening to deceiving spirits-example-Paul had words with Peter because Peter did this!
{Galatians 2:11-13} Paul Confronts Peter: But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
So before the bible was written-Peter disobeyed God, he had caused division between the believers, Peter divided the Gentiles from the Jews, And "believing Paul" finding out through word of mouth, came to "disbelieving Peter" before the bible was written, but lets say if the bible was written in those times, Peter and the others, would have searched the scriptures, before they would have made any decision..
Like we are doing today, we search the scriptures, for the correct answers...

Just like Peter, many of the believers had falling away' and going astray, Jesus said: {2 Corinthians 11:4} I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ.
This is why the bible is needed, so we won't go astray far far away from the truth, "But you have gone astray! your doctrines do not line up with the Word of God' these are traditions made up=Purgatory Indulgence and bowing down to statue's is given to you through word of mouth, just look at Peter's story-circumcised or uncircumcised, either way he played the fool.
Even Jesus told John to write these things down. {John 21:24-25} This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who has written them down. And we know that his testimony is true. There are many more things that Jesus did. If all of them were written down, I suppose not even the world itself would have space for the books that would be written.
{John 14:26} But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
But of course the Spirit was bringing to remembrance the things Jesus had done, and who's idea was it, to write almost every thing down on manuscripts, when found, it was pertained and preserved, and later translated into the bible. Great idea..
{1 John 4:1-3} Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
If someone comes to you claiming God told him to do this or that, don't believe him unless he can back it up with scripture, Jesus said: test the spirits, and if the words you hear does not line up in scripture, it doesn't line up at all! it's like if purgatory and indulgence were bible knowledge, it would have been written down, so through word of mouth, man added tradition..
9inches:

Your doctrine is sola scriptura (bible only), and No, it's unbiblical meaning it's not the Word of God or original Christian doctrine. All Sacred Scripture and tradition were approved by God and no individual should remove or distort any part of both.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
The Catholic Church claims Peter built the Catholic Church. Peter was a sinner, and somehow Peter became Pope according the the Catholic's, and somehow you have this idea Peter built the Catholic Church. I suppose Peter is like Mary-Peter didn't sin either, because Popes who become Popes, are supposedly by the Catholic's are sinless..
{Matthew 16:15-17} “But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. ”Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven, and Jesus spoke about the Church, that was to be built on the Words God had given to Peter to repeat..
So which was it, was your Church built upon Peter's own words, or was it built upon God's Words, God had spoken through Peter?
9inches:

May God have mercy on you for posting the rubbish highlighted above. How can God build His Church on a sinful nature of man (Peter).
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Going through history, and it doesn't matter how it started, the point is, is it continualing, usually when we grow-we change, but when things don't Change, then maybe the body will never change.
The body should change, but if the body doesn't change-then the body wouldn't be supported by its unstable foundation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeI0bDv3LE8
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Could anybody share with me, is this Catholic Priest denying Christ, or could you "9 inch" answer this question-is this the way you were saved, or were you saved at birth by the Priest and baptised as a infant? If you expect me to learn, at least expect me to understand about why this Priest on the video, denies how one must be saved in Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOss8GB_LrU
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
brocab:
I know and I know you haven't any interest in the written Word of God

False. I regard both the oral and written Word of God as valid, unlike you who follows Luther to regards only the written Word.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
brocab:
The Catholic Church claims Peter built the Catholic Church. Peter was a sinner, and somehow Peter became Pope according the the Catholic's, and somehow you have this idea Peter built the Catholic Church. I suppose Peter is like Mary-Peter didn't sin either, because Popes who become Popes, are supposedly by the Catholic's are sinless..
{Matthew 16:15-17} “But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. ”Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven, and Jesus spoke about the Church, that was to be built on the Words God had given to Peter to repeat..
So which was it, was your Church built upon Peter's own words, or was it built upon God's Words, God had spoken through Peter?

You are not making any coherent sense. Do you know what a 'Straw man' argument is? That's what you are pulling off right now.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2018
{Acts 7:51-53} “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it.”Nor did you keep the tradition from the apostles, nor you do you obey the Word of God..
9inches:

You are not making any coherent sense. Do you know what a 'Straw man' argument is? That's what you are pulling off right now.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:37am On Feb 01, 2018
{Acts 7:51-53} “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it.”Nor did you keep the tradition from the apostles, nor you do you obey the Word of God..
9inches:

False. I regard both the oral and written Word of God as valid, unlike you who follows Luther to regards only the written Word.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2018
brocab:
{Acts 7:51-53} “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it. ”Nor did you keep the tradition from the apostles, nor you do you obey the Word of God..

Exactly! Unfortunately, protestants chose not to keep the tradition of the apostles and the Word of God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
I was motivated to read early Christian writers. As a Protestant involved in what can be called the "Free Church" model, I had been taught certain things about the early Church and the Catholic Church; as I studied with early Christianity in my I began to realize that I had been taught something like a conspiracy theory, and history completes itself.
I found there are many other "myths," but I want to comment on three: {1} The Early Christian Church was the model of following Christ, {2} Constantine was evil and used the Christian faith for political reasons. He made Christianity the official religion and influenced the Church to adopt pagan beliefs. {3} The Catholic Church started under Constantine and continually became more worldly.
And as I read on I always find the Catholic's believe they are the Church, the only Church and nothing but the Church, and everything under this, is nothing..
And as history had repeated itself "If we were to study even further, does the Catholic Church obeyed God, is there any evidence in history do they know God, do they know the apostles, was there another Peter, and where is the evidence they obey the Word of God-then why do they boast, and all such boasting is evil, why do they preach another religion, why do they follow after doctrines of men, Why do they pray through Mary and the saints, and why do they disobey the commandments of God verbally by letter and mind?
{Acts 2:1-4} When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. So if the Catholic Church were the first Church of Christ-shouldn't they be called the protestants instead of the Catholic Church?
The Holy spirit fell on Pentecost.
9inches:

Exactly! Unfortunately, protestants chose not to keep the tradition of the apostles and the Word of God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
brocab:
I was motivated as a young man to read early Christian writers. As a Protestant involved in what can be called the "Free Church" model, I had been taught certain things about the early Church and the Catholic Church; as I studied and became more familiar with early Christianity in my Ph.D studies I began to realize that I had been taught something like a conspiracy theory, and history completes itself.
I found there are many other "myths," but I want to comment on three: {1} The Early Christian Church was the model of following Christ, {2} Constantine was evil and used the Christian faith for political reasons. He made Christianity the official religion and influenced the Church to adopt pagan beliefs. {3} The Catholic Church started under Constantine and continually became more worldly.
Its the same old story-the Catholic's believe they are the Church, the only Church and nothing but the Church.

If the Catholic Church obeyed God, if they knew God, if they knew the apostles, and knew the Word of God-then why do they preach another pagan Jesus? Why do they pray through Mary and the saints, and why do they disobey the commandments of God the apostles had preached verbally, in Word or by letter?
{Acts 2:1-4} When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. So if the Catholic Church were the first Church of Christ-shouldn't they be called the protestants instead of the Catholic Church?
The Holy spirit fell on Pentecost.

Why should you be a protest_ant? Why not follow the original and the authentic?

The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term "Catholic Church" is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107AD to Christians in Smyrna. Exhorting Christians to remain closely united with their bishop, he wrote: "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." - Wikipedia.

Protestantism started in 1517 when Martin Luther decided to separate from the Body of Christ, His Holy Church..
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
The question you are asking are all wrong, you boast in your arrogance, and all such boasting is evil.
You say which Church is the body, you agree that the body is the people and the Words Peter spoke was the Word of God, and on this rock Christ said He will build His Church, "you should be asking yourself this question, am I saved, and have I received the Holy Spirit, to know all things the Spirit teaches me, who Christ is to me?
Once you have decided to test yourself, and have some sort of an idea about your salvation-then the truth will be revealed?
Your competition who's Church stood the longest, will make no difference to me, my concerns are, do you believe, are you saved, and which body are you from, were you baptised into Christ, or were you baptised into the Catholic Church?
9inches:

Why should you be a protest_ant? Why not follow the original and the authentic?

The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term "Catholic Church" is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107AD to Christians in Smyrna. Exhorting Christians to remain closely united with their bishop, he wrote: "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." - Wikipedia.

Protestantism started in 1517 when Martin Luther decided to separate from the Body of Christ, His Holy Church..
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:21am On Feb 02, 2018
brocab:
Your competition who's Church stood the longest, will make no difference to me, my concerns are, do you believe, are you saved, and which body are you from, were you baptised into Christ, or were you baptised into the Catholic Church?[/color]

The Church one attends makes a big difference. A wrong church will have wrong teaching. Christ was not silly when He established a Church.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:55am On Feb 02, 2018
9inches:

Christ was not silly when He established a Church.
This is why Christ said: {John 18:36} His kingdom is not of this world.
This is the Church you should have concerns about? Do you believe, are you saved, and which body are you from, were you baptised in Christ, if you know the answer to this-then it doesn't matter which Church building you enter, because, once you have accepted Christ as your Lord and savour-you will keep His commandments, you will have enough discernment, to know which doctrine is true, and which doctrines are false.
In Christ this is a Sure testimony.
Church buildings is like flicking through the net, if the preaching does not line up with the Word of God, having the right discernment-it's just as quick as turning the page.
First you have agreed the body of Christ is the people, again you have changed your plead, The Church one attends makes a big difference?
9inches:

The Church one attends makes a big difference. A wrong church will have wrong teaching. Christ was not silly when He established a Church.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2018
If we say we know Him, and don't follow His commandments we are lair's, How do we know Him, first seek the Kingdom of God, which is His Word, knowing God is reading the bible, Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
No-one knows God without seeking His kingdom. His kingdom is His Word, He promises He will come to you, seeking is believing, believing you will find. {Matthew 7:7}
{Mark 7:7-9} They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’ You have disregarded the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men.” He went on to say, “You neatly set aside the commandment of God to maintain your own tradition.
He continual's to say.
{Matthew 19:29} And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.
Don’t misunderstand. This is a giving of your complete heart to Jesus allowing Him to live in and through you. Jesus is not stating here that you must give them up literally before you can become his follower; He is only asking for us to give them up in our hearts so that if we are ever required to leave these things behind for HIS SAKE we will be able to do so. This is called conviction. Having a fixed or firm belief in Jesus and His word and promises. Are you willing to give up your Church for Jesus's sake-or is the Church building so much to you, nothing else matters, idolatry, Giving yourself to a “thing” or “idol”. Is replacing God for the sake of earthly materials..
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
brocab:
Do you believe, are you saved, and which body are you from, were you baptised in Christ, if you know the answer to this-then it doesn't matter which Church building you enter, because, once you have accepted Christ as your Lord and savour-you will keep His commandments, you will have enough discernment, to know which doctrine is true, and which doctrines are false.
How can you accept Christ and reject His Word? And how can you discern which doctrines are false when your knowledge of the whole Word of God is limited only to the written Word?

brocab:
First you have agreed the body of Christ is the people, again you have changed your plead, The Church one attends makes a big difference?
Yes, it makes a big difference. Many churches teach wrong doctrines like the bible only doctrine. Bible only doctrine is against the Word of God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
9inches:

Done that. I am yet to find anyone show me evidence of the contradiction you talk about and be able to substantiate it. Maybe you can help me discover that.
you couldn't find any contradiction because you do not know what the scriptures. I wouldn't do that for you. But my advice is take a KJV bible open study it prayerfully and you eyes would be open.
Also do a little research to the origin of roman catholic religion and you will find out there is nothing christian about it. The roman catholic religion is there to mislead millions of souls to hell. Roman catholicism exalts the goddess seramis as their queen in the name of Mary.
The roman catholicism is full of blasphemy against God and filled with hatered against true christian.
Do a research don't be fooled because on judgement day you would have no excuse. Shallom
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
solite3:
you couldn't find any contradiction because you do not know what the scriptures. I wouldn't do that for you. But my advice is take a KJV bible open study it prayerfully and you eyes would be open.
Also do a little research to the origin of roman catholic religion and you will find out there is nothing christian about it. The roman catholic religion is there to mislead millions of souls to hell. Roman catholicism exalts the goddess seramis as their queen in the name of Mary.
The roman catholicism is full of blasphemy against God and filled with hatered against true christian.
Do a research don't be fooled because on judgement day you would have no excuse. Shallom

Why wouldn't you do that? You don't care about my soul, do you? Like I have said, I've studied the bible multiple times over. Maybe you should point the contradictions out and let's have a discussion on them.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2018
9inches:

Why wouldn't you do that? You don't care about my soul, do you? Like I have said, I've studied the bible multiple times over. Maybe you should point the contradictions out and let's have a discussion on them.
if I dont care about your soul I would not have told you to search out the scriptures. As a catholic don't you know your doctrines? Compare it with scriptures and see if it is inline with it. Even if God loves you he wouldn't force himself on you. The choice is yours, Jesus didn't come to establish a religion he simply came to save sinners like me.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

You should search the scriptures and know if what you have been taught is true.
Infact it God encourages people to do so. Religion brought blind faith aka dogma which is a tool use to blind peoples eyes.

Jesus said search the scriptures. We shouldn't exalt traditions above the inspired word of God. Jesus quotes what was written not traditions do you think there were not traditions passed down from the fathers? They were! But Jesus choose the written word. Don't you think Jesus was wise? Why do you think scripture had to be written? So that it can be a reference. The scripture remains the only primary means of getting truth not traditions. God wants Christians to teach what is written not traditions..
God didn't reveal half truth in the written scriptures but the whole truth so that it can be used to correct errors.

Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

By this Jesus clearly told you his stand as regards this issue.

The first issue about the roman catholic church is that they exualts traditions the same way or even more than scriptures that is why the word have no effect on the members.

Placing traditions on same level or even above the commandment of God is plain heresy.

I have done my part in at least helping you to see one of the falsity or rcc. Now study those verses well.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
But you believe obeying the traditions of the earthly Catholic Church, will lead you to Christ; you believe everybody outside the Catholic Church, and refuses the traditions of the Catholic Church are not saved, so of course with your own understanding the Word of God is not enough knowledge to even come close to spend eternity with Christ, you believe the Catholic Church, is the only Church that knows God.
You believe the Catholic Church and through it's verbal teachings the Church has all the answers, as long as you fellowship with the Catholic's, and stay with the traditions of the Catholic Church, you are saved by the Catholic Church, you believe, it is they, who know Christ, through Mary and the saints, that they hold the keys to life eternal in heaven.
I had asked you "Do you believe, are you saved, I don't believe you even know what this means-you were saved in the Catholic Church, only to your knowledge, you don't need anybody telling you, are you saved, because you are part of the body through the Catholic Church, saved and baptised through them, this had given you insurance, as long as you serve the Catholic Church, you are already written in the book of life.
The truth is, its all unbiblical-simple, but you will never know, until you cry out unto God and repent-with your own understanding the darkness that is in you, refusing and rejecting Christ "won't give you light-if you say you have light-then "How bright is that light that shines from you, you don't recognise the bible, nor the author of the bible "God, because you don't have fellowship with Him, to know Him..
Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then the Lord will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!
I have asked you are you saved, you are not saved no more then the atheist that claim they don't know God "Your Jesus is based on tradition, your mediators are based around the Queen of heaven-Mother of God, and the saints, believing the lie, can only send you to be with your great grand fathers that nailed Christ on the tree, and to spend eternity with your father in hell..
9inches:

How can you accept Christ and reject His Word? And how can you discern which doctrines are false when your knowledge of the whole Word of God is limited only to the written Word?

Yes, it makes a big difference. Many churches teach wrong doctrines like the bible only doctrine. Bible only doctrine is against the Word of God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:47am On Feb 04, 2018
{Hebrews 2:3-4} How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, "4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
{Hebrews 6:4} For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, "5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, "6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
{Hebrews 10:29-31} Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? "30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Meaning if you know the scriptures, and if you had understood them and believed, and now you have turned your back on Christ-which you have 9 inches, there won't be any place for you in the Kingdom of God, Judgement is standing at your door..
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2018
brocab:
But you believe obeying the traditions of the earthly Catholic Church, will lead you to Christ; you believe everybody outside the Catholic Church, and refuses the traditions of the Catholic Church are not saved, so of course with your own understanding the Word of God is not enough knowledge to even come close to spend eternity with Christ, you believe the Catholic Church, is the only Church that knows God.
You believe the Catholic Church and through it's verbal teachings the Church has all the answers, as long as you fellowship with the Catholic's, and stay with the traditions of the Catholic Church, you are saved by the Catholic Church, you believe, it is they, who know Christ, through Mary and the saints, that they hold the keys to life eternal in heaven.
I had asked you "Do you believe, are you saved, I don't believe you even know what this means-you were saved in the Catholic Church, only to your knowledge, you don't need anybody telling you, are you saved, because you are part of the body through the Catholic Church, saved and baptised through them, this had given you insurance, as long as you serve the Catholic Church, you are already written in the book of life.
The truth is, its all unbiblical-simple, but you will never know, until you cry out unto God and repent-with your own understanding the darkness that is in you, refusing and rejecting Christ "won't give you light-if you say you have light-then "How bright is that light that shines from you, you don't recognise the bible, nor the author of the bible "God, because you don't have fellowship with Him, to know Him..
Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then the Lord will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!
I have asked you are you saved, you are not saved no more then the atheist that claim they don't know God "Your Jesus is based on tradition, your mediators are based around the Queen of heaven-Mother of God, and the saints, believing the lie, can only send you to be with your great grand fathers that nailed Christ on the tree, and to spend eternity with your father in hell..
I haven't said all the things you alluded here. I am not the one to judge who gets into heaven or not. The main topic of discussion here is about who knows the Word of God and who does not. God does not send an individual to hell for the sin he is ignorant of. But as soon as you've heard it and refuse to heed to it, only then you are culpable.

Now that you have realized your bible tells you to know not only the written Word of God but also the unwritten, you are now responsible for what next you do with that information.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2018
solite3:
if I dont care about your soul I would not have told you to search out the scriptures. As a catholic don't you know your doctrines? Compare it with scriptures and see if it is inline with it. Even if God loves you he wouldn't force himself on you. The choice is yours, Jesus didn't come to establish a religion he simply came to save sinners like me.
Like I said, I have done so multiple times but haven't seen any contradictions. Everything doctrine of the Catholic Church is inline with the Scripture. The main issue I observed is:

1. People's understanding of the Scripture.
2. People's understanding of Catholic doctrines.

I would assume before you critic someone's beliefs, you will have to restate exactly what that person believes, and not what you think he believes

In that regard, let's do it this way:

1. Mention any Catholic doctrine you think contradicts the Scripture
2. State or quote the exact interpretation of that doctrine from an authentic Catholic source
3. State where that doctrine contradicts the Scripture.

Happy Sunday!

solite3:
Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken.

By this Jesus clearly told you his stand as regards this issue.

The first issue about the roman catholic church is that they exualts traditions the same way or even more than scriptures that is why the word have no effect on the members.

Placing traditions on same level or even above the commandment of God is plain heresy.
This would be true if the bible is the only rule of faith, but it's not. If you have really studied and understand the bible well, you would've known that it is not the only rule of faith. The apostles and the early Christians know way more than what is contained in the bible.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
9inches:

Like I said, I have done so multiple times but haven't seen any contradictions. Everything doctrine of the Catholic Church is inline with the Scripture. The main issue I observed is:

I would assume before you critic someone's beliefs, you will have to restate exactly what that person believes, and not what you think he believes

2. State or quote the exact interpretation of that doctrine from an authentic Catholic source

Happy Sunday!

This would be true if the bible is the only rule of faith, but it's not. If you have really studied and understand the bible well, you would've known that it is not the only rule of faith. The apostles and the early Christians know way more than what is contained in the bible.
In other word what is written can not be the only truth right? The Christians do not know more than what was written, that catholic religion false teaching. The bible contain the mind of God because all scripture was inspired by God himself not man made traditions. Traditions do not supersede God's inspired words. God's inspiration is the sole rule of determining truth, of which only the scripture is inspired.

Unlike catholicism that teaches that scripture alone is not sufficient to to perfect a believer, the bible teaches otherwise.
2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You never search scripture if you did you would have seen it.

You religious folks are destitute of truth only moved about by sensual knowledge nothing more.

If I have time I would post catholic false teaching.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
You are not ignorant of the scriptures, we have written the truth to you-we have showing you the written Word of God
{John 14:23-24} “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.…
{John 8:51} Truly, truly, I tell you, if anyone keeps My word, he will never see death."
{John 15:10, John 16:27, John 14:15,21} If you love me, keep my commandments…
9inches:
God does not send an individual to hell for the sin he is ignorant of.
Again you are not ignorant, we have written the truth to you-we have showing you the written Word of God-verse after verse, you have refused these Words with a passion, you have claimed the bible is not the only traditional Word of God, you won't accept God speaks to us through His Word, nor will you allow your heart to swallow up your pride.
You believe in other traditions that the Spirit of God did not teach you, you bow down to paganism praying "to" martial things that are seen, idol's of the rosaries, statues of a dead souls-instead you alter to pray directly to the unseen God the Father Jesus and the Holy Spirit, as the written Word of God {bible} have directed us to do..
You have refuse to recognise the scriptures, and your arguments are about your traditional Church and how great it stands.
9inches:

I haven't said all the things you alluded here. I am not the one to judge who gets into heaven or not. That is not the main topic of discussion here is about who knows the Word of God and who does not. God does not send an individual to hell for the sin he is ignorant of. But as soon as you've heard it and refuses to heed to it, only then you are culpable.

Now that you have realized your bible tells you to know not only the written Word of God but also the unwritten, you are now responsible for what are do next with that information.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
The apostles may know the truth, but what is sad you don't know? And by the looks of this below, neither does the Catholic Church know the truth in Christ.
9inches:

Everything doctrine of the Catholic Church is inline with the Scripture. The main issue I observed is:
Everything about the Catholic Church contradicts the bible, matter of fact, none of you know Christ and the scriptures, thru shall not make any graven images, from above, on earth and under the earth, you have made and bowed down to all three.
The Word of God was giving to us by God, Do you realise the Bible makes claims about the creation of the universe, the nature of the God who created the universe and reigns supremely over it, and the fate of mankind. {You do realise the Catholic Church refuses to teach this bible knowledge, matter of fact they teach other doctrines that doesn't line up with the scriptures.}
If these claims are true, then the Bible is the most important book in the history of mankind. If the Bible is true, then it holds the answers to life’s biggest questions: “From where did I come?” “Why am I here?” and “What happens to me when I die?” The importance of the Bible’s message demands it receive fair consideration, and the truthfulness of its message is observable, testable, and able to withstand scrutiny.
The writers of the Bible claim that the Bible is God’s very Word. The apostle Paul writes that “all Scripture is God-breathed”
{2 Timothy 3:16} That is to say, all the words recorded in the original writing of Scripture originated from the mouth of God before ever reaching the minds and pens of the biblical writers. The apostle Peter also writes that “prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” {2 Peter 1:21}
The phrase “carried along” is indicative of a sail being propelled by the wind. That is, the writing of Scripture was directed by the Holy Spirit. The Bible does not originate with man and is, then, a product of God and carries the authority of God.
When it is put to the test, the Bible is proved true in every area. Its truth extends to the spiritual, as well. That means that when the Bible says the Hittite nation existed, then we can believe that there were Hittites, and when the Bible teaches that “all have sinned” {Romans 3:23} and the “wages of sin is death” {Romans 6:23} then we need to believe that, too. And, when the Bible tells us that “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” {Romans 5:8} and that “whoever believes in [Jesus] shall not perish but have eternal life” {John 3:16} then we can and should believe that, also.
The bible may not be enough for you, and the only reason to this is, you haven't studied the bible enough the understand It, the blind can only lead the blind, and since the bible isn't worthy to you, I suppose you will never understand nor believe the unseen God.
It is the dead in spirit, that makes images of things that are seen by men, In the bible-Jesus said:blessed are those who don't see and believed.

So now you have the input about the bible, and why the bible teaches us to believe.
{John 20:28-29} Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.”
9inches:

Happy Sunday!

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
One thing for sure you are not my brother in the Lord, but believers do care for those like you, who refuses the Word of God. Anybody can call themselves Christian, but without the Spirit of the Lord, your resources to gain eternal life is nil..
Someone without love, wouldn't waste his time trying to help you with understanding who God is.
If someone didn't love you, they wouldn't waste their time trying to save your soul before you end up in hell fire with your father the devil.
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2018
solite3:
In other word what is written can not be the only truth right? The Christians do not know more than what was written, that catholic religion false teaching. The bible contain the mind of God because all scripture was inspired by God himself not man made traditions. Traditions do not supersede God's inspired words. God's inspiration is the sole rule of determining truth, of which only the scripture is inspired.
I don't know what you call man-made traditions, however, I understand your choice to limit your understanding of the Scripture to the Scripture alone. That is called the bible alone or sola scriptura doctrine which was formulated in 1517 by no other than Martin Luther who was a Catholic priest and monk. For over 14 centuries, Christians have been learning BOTH what was written in the scripture as well as what they were taught orally by their predecessors in faith.

Listen carefully to what Paul said to the Thessalonians (2 Thess 2:15): "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter." Now, don't you think the Thessalonians have more in-depth understanding of the overall message of Paul more than you? My answer is YES because you have only one aspect of his teaching- his letters; the other aspect he conveyed by the word of mouth, you do not have. That whole body of knowledge they passed on to the Churches and their descendants up till this moment, and will never stop as long as there is continuity in life and direct generational ties. And so it happens that only one group or sect of Christians still maintains that direct unbroken link to the apostles and Christ Himself. Martin Luther was in that loop but later broke off and passed down his own new doctrine to the disadvantage of his followers.

solite3:
Unlike catholicism that teaches that scripture alone is not sufficient to to perfect a believer, the bible teaches otherwise.
If I have time I would post catholic false teaching.
If you cite me any verse in the bible where it says the scripture is "sufficient"...., I will leave the Catholic Church and I will denounce the Pope on this forum.

I am waiting for the false catholic teaching.

Remember:

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (38) (Reply)

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.