Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:23 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86711 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Newboss(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
SirBunky85:

Pls stop bringing everything here. u weren't forced in d first place and here u are seeking for advice. if I tell u to leave him,will u? all dese attention seeking for dis early year no good at all pls
Did you look at the dates at all? Close to 3 years fvcking ago! angry
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by mickeymimi: 11:33pm On Jan 01, 2018
There is only one God and both of them are Christians
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by sirfee(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2018
Na wa oooh! 2015 topic on front-page in 2018

It is well
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by ugofr(f): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!
if you cannot follow him to mass, please let him go because you will end up attending catholic church. Before, you wed, you will attend cathechism(i dunno if i got the spelling right) cos you will receive holy communion on your wedding day and if you are not an anglican then baptism before holy communion.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by TheUbermensch: 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
Catholics believe in the Gift o' the holy spirit, I am one and I think you've been wrongly informed...you need to enlighten yourself a bit more. I can attend any church that preaches the word of God through the holy spirit and not to satisfy man...the only real advantage of being a catholic is you develop your spirituality yourself and the probability o' going church to church is slimmer. . .christianity is one.

My humble opinion...no offence meant

Thank you for this.

Most people are so misinformed and they end up talking shit about the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nasir123(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
Funny!
You love a guy,u like his money,but u want to reject his church.
Are u for real?
Leave him na!and look from someone from your church.

Wash.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Oluwaseyi456(m): 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
U're nt mature enough,i tink u re both xtian?that is why ISLAMIC is getting it way in nig.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by maestroferddi: 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
kevoh:
Christians! They can not even agree among themselves! Even to get married to each other na wahala! undecided And you expect an atheist to take you guys serious?
Look at this one!

You think you can blackmail us with your atheist orientation?

Continue with atheism until it gets too late...

Na today?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by cyrilex202(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .

my dear you have nothing to fear. since he's a charismatic member bet me you won't miss your church that much because everything done is the Pentecostal church are all find in the charismatic renewal.u can even start attending prayer meetings with him and u will see for urself
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 86bee(f): 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
they say when a river forgets its source den its planning to go dry! wt is d name of d first church in Nigeria? i believe its d catholic church from which other churches arose from meaning we r all one body of christ. shld dere be descrimination among christians? is it abt demomination or the God u serve?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Dalek(m): 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
winners can't marry Cele
CAC cant marry winners
JW can't marry any
RCCG can't marry christ embassy
Chosen can marry winners
MFM can't marry Catholic
Deeper Life et al...

see what religion is doing to you fools. your bible preaches Love, you all worship with the same bible. but lo and behold that dumb mentality that i am better than u is why you all will one day be irrelevant in this society.

religions come and go, LOVE, HUMANITY CONQUERS ALL.

7 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by olobas(m): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
Chai? �you this people of Christian Don't even belief in your your self hmmm this is some reason why i like Muslims, because there is nothing like that in Islamic religion all Muslim are 1 because the group's pray together in the same mosque

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by darepoju(m): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
Rich4god:

Where do our Protestant brothers get their info from... Who told you Catholic don't believe in the holy spirit....
So much dislike for the Catholic church...
This is what I dislike about catholics... What in God's name is protestant? Who is protesting.? What are you protesting for?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by pocohantas(f): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
sirfee:
Na wa oooh! 2015 topic on front-page in 2018

It is well

The babe for done marry the guy, born one sef.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by maestroferddi: 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
Oluwaseyi456:
U're nt mature enough,i tink u re both xtian?that is why ISLAMIC is getting it way in nig.
How dare you smuggle in Islam when we are having a Christian deliberation?

What accord has justification with unjustification?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by KingTom(m): 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
brocab:
She has already found the truth in Christ.
It's not easy giving up what she already knows.
Make una come see Christians grin smh
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Mike008(m): 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.

You sound more like you want to leave but you scared of your church people.
You need to follow your heart.

Any way to Christ is a way.
Catholics believe in the gift of the Holy Spirit too.

This is even an opportunity for you to know and understand the Catholic church and then form your own opinion about their mode of worship, and not been slave to the religious prejudice that is instilled in us childhood that a particular religion is bad.

You can wed traditionally, live with your husband for some time, study his church then you both can decide.
Otherwise just do a court marriage.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by jstar376(m): 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
I think the major issue is that u have been living and believing in negative thoughts people around u say about catholic. Have u ur self try to discover the truth? If u 're talking about believing in the holy spirit... my dear, catholic(s) are the one who introduced (per say) the trinity (God the father, God the son, nd God the holy spirit) of which the protestant copy nd follow.

Don't be deceived.......Catholic worship the true God Jehovah. The reason y they have a unique method of worship is that, as the first church on earth, they try to follow the ancient method of worshipping God......if u read ur old testament well, u will find it easy to comprehend what am telling u. The only deviation from the ancient method is that they respect, honour nd adore the mother of Jesus christ the saviour and ask that she should intercede 4 them. Is it not worthy to honour the womb who carry ur redeemer?

Sister, becareful not to loose someone u will never 4get in life......
Becareful not to loose ur "made" life partner......
If ur pastor has been telling u any negative thoughts about catholic, ask him only this question. Are there catholics in heaven?
There are many embedded questions in that Question nd aswell many answers.......if ur have an average IQ, u should be able to make a good decision from there....tanks

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Pataricatering(f): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
I can understand why she hates speaking in tongues ! People speaking in tongues look so ridiculous !
misreal:
I was in the same shoes with you,my dear.don't let people decieve you into believing that all that is needed is love.belief also matters a lot .I thought so myself until the day she sayed she doesn't like my speaking in tongues.worst of all you are a lady,after marriage u r a gonner.my humble advice is that you break the relationship now,u can't joke with your eternity.don't think you can change him,cos u r not the holy ghost.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by sirfee(m): 11:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
pocohantas:

The babe for done marry the guy, born one sef.
Abi o,she fit don born 2 self if the guy na sharp shooter.

Between are you a Catholic or Pentecostal member?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Touchey: 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
As if she has the gift of the holy spirit.
Mtcheew...
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kanuchiemela: 12:02am On Jan 02, 2018
Remember you have no church as a woman untill u marry.
If actually you love him without artificial love... follow him.
I'm born, baptized and confirmed Catholic.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by xpiranza: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2018
pls nobody can monopolize the Holy spirit... john3:16 paraphrasing it said who so ever belief will not perish but have ever lasting life. under the word who so ever...it did not say church or denomination it said who so ever means any body so any where u are if u just believe in Jesus u are a child of God

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by pasol4real(m): 12:05am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
You are even Lucky he is considering marrying you.
Most catholics wud hav nothing to do with pentecostals cos of their (pentecostals)extreme way of life .
So my advice to u is to get married now n hand every thing to God .
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 02, 2018
GGirll:

Happened to me too he coerced me that he would join me to my Pentecostal church cos of my ministry only to start persuading me with riddles of love covers all n all to coerce me to wed n attend Catholic I just dumped him for good cos I can't thread my soul with anything less of Jesus Christ.can't afford to be in Hell fire for eternity after this world no way nobody by God's grace can coerce me to date Catholic or any of its kind again.
I can boldly say you are not a Christian.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by nefertitiram: 12:05am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.

I married a Catholic guy. Im pentecostal. It was difficult wedding in the catholic church but I persevered.

I still attend my pentecostal church. Depend on the man in question. Is he a staunch Catholic? Mine is indifferent
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by sirfee(m): 12:08am On Jan 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ur a religious Idiot.
This is what religion does to the brain.There is so much confusion in the land all thanks to the religious bigots and extremists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by TheUbermensch: 12:09am On Jan 02, 2018
brocab:
Yes I agree-as I had said in one of my Quotes to her, trust in God.
It's hard to give up on Christ what you already know, she had already found the truth in Christ.
My wife and I are on the same boat, even Thur I love my wife dearly and she became a born again Christian, she was starting to have that personal freedom with Jesus, listening to him-but deep down her heart was with the Catholic Church, where she grew up.
As I said>its hard to give up what you already know...

The couple will have many differences, they both need to have that willingness to share in each's ones beliefs. Not just one sided.
My wife believes in the Catholic Church, she believes when she was baptised as a baby her own parents had made the right decision for her spiritual growth-until she herself dies. She believes she is already saved, before given her heart over to become a born again Christian and receiving the Holy Spirit.
So you see my King James bible reads different, from the catholic bible, and these are the problems this lady will front up against, at times it will be frustrating for both of them, like it is for us..

So with this ladies little problem, it could become a bigger problem, she needs the Lord more, like never before.
As I have said: Its hard to give up what you already know...

Are you trying to say Catholics are not born again Christians? Because I can't just understand the rubbish at the end.

It's people like you who cause unnecessary confusion. I'm a baptised Catholic and I count myself a born again Christian.

So when I see Pentecostal peeps like you mumble what y'all don't know, I can't help but laugh.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Kizyte(m): 12:10am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
You know nothing about the Catholic Church, I'll advice you keep your mouth shut. How can you say Catholics don't believe in the Holy Spirit? Be very careful less you sin against the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.

The prayer above is recited daily by Catholics.

7 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by juniorades: 12:10am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
my dear, it's is very important to get married to some one you share same belief with but if you are married to him, you have no choice than to bear because divorce is not an option in accordance to God standard.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
a lot of silly threads have been making fp lately
so lemme get this straight
the church which jesus gave to peter(who was d first pope)does not believe in d holy spirit?grin
the church from which other churches came off ie anglican does not believe in d holy spirit
and method of worship oh please if u believe dat nonsense dat we worship mary den u will believe anything
have u ever heard of any priest buying private jet?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by omoikea(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2018
mods what did you take this night?

this is medicine after death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.