Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra (84600 Views)

Hope They Are Not Set For War: MASSOB Urges Ndigbo To Return To Igboland Now / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Igwezeugo(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2015
CHM11:

Phillip Effiong, Kaduna nzeogwu etc etc all made their mistakes which cost nzeogwu his life and Phillip effiong his pride as he apologised to gowon when Ojukwu ran away to wherever he ran to after the war.

There is no 'igbo' in my state Delta state. We have ukwanis and some delta ibos who will never agree to be called 'IGBOS'...
The ikwerres don't call themselves igbos

Biafra is a good dream for the igbos, push for it without the Niger Delta. As the Name implies BIAFRA- it also sounds igbotic!...

God bless your country when you have it.
get sense u no get,go read history books u no go read
Delta,Akwaibom and rest of dem are called eatern region
If u come to eatern region u will b getting all dis state
Amechi Rotimi is nt an Igbo name,some of Ikwere speak igbo bt they hv their dialect,likewisw Ebony state and d rest of dem
U said Delta Igbo,Y nt remove d igbo in delta
My friend d 6political zone u ar hearing today is a plan deal from OIC inorder to bring hatred blw ourself,there is nothing like Niger Delta,is from OIC
Without oil we can still survive
We ar naturally inteligent and bless,anything we touch we execel on it
So we ar nt shaking
We want to b on our own
Allow us to go

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
fineguy11:
i said dis different times@different threads....biafra and naijadelta are two different entities dat will never merge...even my mum dat is frm kwale(igbo speaking part) in delta state,,has refuted claims dat she is igbo or even close to being an igbo,,i doubt any right thinking ibibio like me wld want to co exist with the igbos.....its either naijadelta remains with nigeria or we make each states in the naijadelta an independent country,,,e.g republic of delta,,rebublic of akwaibom etc....

You again? Have I not bursted you before to be Yoruba?
Now you're claiming Ibibio? Chai why must you always claim SS to discourage SSners?
Now your mom sef is from SS cheesy

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2015
fineguy11:
i said dis different times@different threads....biafra and naijadelta are two different entities dat will never merge...even my mum dat is frm kwale(igbo speaking part) in delta state,,has refuted claims dat she is igbo or even close to being an igbo,,i doubt any right thinking ibibio like me wld want to co exist with the igbos.....its either naijadelta remains with nigeria or we make each states in the naijadelta an independent country,,,e.g republic of delta,,rebublic of akwaibom etc....

CHM11:

Another Niger deltan speaking. My point exactly. We'd rather remain in Nigeria than be in a country with igbos...haaaaa IGBOS!!!!!...Jesus!!!! Its not hate oh, but errrrrrrrrm.....abeg abeg abeg....

Fineguy11 is not Niger Deltan o cheesy cheesy cheesy
He's Yoruba cheesy cheesy cheesy

I've bursted him before and he disappeared from that thread

So CHM11 quit having orgasm on his post thinking the guy is one of your own.

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by otr1(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2015
tonychristopher:
but then do some people from your region and ekun say they aint yoruba, cos i know one in lagos,
Which people from my region? Is it the Igbomina, the Ibolos or the Ekitis? Even indigenes of Ilorin Emirate won't say that. Or are you talking about the Okuns in Kogi who requested that boundary be adjusted to include them in the SW in the just concluded NC? Ask your friend where he is from. No one from Kabba to the west of Kogi boundary with Ondo, Ekiti and Kwara will tell you such.

I don't understand what you mean by "ekun". That's the greeting of the Igbominas.
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2015
I can feel the promised land coming .............

Our destiny can be delay but it can never , I said it can never be denied in JESUS name. ...........Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by christopher123(m): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
dont mind him

FreeGlobe:

whenever you edioots talk about sovereignty for ss, I shudder at your ignorance, do you know how many minority tribes in SS? do you think igoni can coexist in the same country as ikwerre or ijaw and itshekiri. the problem is you ignorant fools sit in your back of the woods shouting SS sovereignity when there is actually no SS. The best you should be asking for is Akwa ibom or ibibio sovereignity

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
adeitoro:

eeyah, pelee onye yoruba.
With time you will realise that the west will not be at your aid.

You keep on hating the Igbos, you shout that they should leave southwest for you, now the opportunity to realise your ambition is here you started screaming one Nigeria.

Smoking amala with excess ofeemmanu is not good for you and your people.

YORUBAS, for once can you guys have a stand?

Ohh, our stand is not known to you yet? Do you have comprehension problems or ishh? Well let me reinstate that the yorubas want you to leave for your landlocked region! Your serious agitation and eventual actualisation of biafra will be so much of a goodnews, we will party for weeks on our own to that effect. We will support you in everyway to create biafra

I really would advise that you people start migrating to ur biafraland now. It will be pathetic news if even after the declaration, your brothers refuse to leave lagos and the SW. I know most of y'all will want to change names to yoruba ones just to remain but do not worry, we recognise you lots even if you change faces. *by their head shape, you shall know them* tongue

Goodluck with biafra.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
pussyphilia:
You are right in calling me IGBOMAN! But you are wrong in thinking that I am not from Delta!

I am from Asaba but a pure-blooded IGBOMAN! Get that into your head!
I can't deny my identity because of oyel!
That's why I always advise people like CHM11 to just speak for himself

He supported Buhari all along and I respect that but pls don't act like all ND are like you seeking one Nigeria for selfish interest

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Macelliot:

Me Ode....
Hahahaha, jobless Yoruba boy claiming Delta...
For your information... Ifeanyi Okowa is from Ika in Delta state..
mumu I am from Delta state.. igbo man go create your biafra but just don't include my state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by proudlyhandsome: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Trash, you are the loser. Should there be another war the outcome will be very different from 1967 although I do not call for war.

Germany thought with the vengeance of first world war in their myopic minds, that second world war ll be fought with ease but unknown to them that as much effort they were putting into their own, others were fully prepared too.

Let me tap from my Hero's wisdom in person of Chief Awolowo and use it on you backward-always people. Read this below so as to save your your ass from getting bleeped like sissy when those Hausas eventually invade your landlocked region.

Vengeance is your falling point cos it makes you vulnerable in the presence of your devourers-Yorubas and Hausas(Awon Oko Iya Yin) just like last election in which you losers met your perpetual and everlasting political Waterloo/alienation.

I know you guys take after your failed and sissy-like progenitors. However, that is good on its own though cos that shows that you guys are not bastards (but there ll still be few bastards among u but Thk God for unavailability of DNA lab in your erosion ravaged region).

If you guys are smart, you ought to have known that PDP still belong to Yorubas elites and Hausas/Fulanis Oligarchy despite the fact that their presence is not being at moment. Example; I have a dead plant/flower in my garden which was abandoned by me due to one thing or the other but my foolish neighbour decided to be watering the flower every morning with intention to enjoy the beauty of flower later in the year but guess what I did when the beauty of the flower comes out later in d year, I fenced up my house. Lobatan

Instead of you fools to work on APGA as opposition party, you are watering the ground for Yorubas/Hausas that would still hijack PDP back from you people when the time comes.

Pls learn from your mentors-The Yorubas or Jagaban on his own.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
emmysoftyou:
but the governor elect does not bear urhobobo,isekiri and isoko name abi but it belongs to them.
I laugh in isekiri hohohoho.. long live ifeanyi okowa..
no wonder u igbo wanna claim Delta state
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by stynhaq(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Macelliot:

You Lied....
You are not from Ika... The Ika people I know are Igbos... My Ika friend is Igbo.,.
Stop Crying....

You are absolutely talking trash. What do you know about Delta?

Igbos are always trying to be domineering, that's why nobody will ever get to like you. From Uyo to Agbor to Benin to Lagos. its all same story.

awo uneghe (The Ibibios even have a special name for you)
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by stynhaq(m): 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:
mumu I am from Delta state.. igbo man go create your biafra but just don't include my state.

Bros abeg tellam if him brain fit pick.
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Macelliot:

Me Ode....
Hahahaha, jobless Yoruba boy claiming Delta...
For your information... Ifeanyi Okowa is from Ika in Delta state..

Ochillary is not the only Yoruba here claiming they're from SS

There r lots of them. Fineguy11 is another one

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by christopher123(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
otr1:

Which people from my region? Is it the Igbomina, the Ibolos or the Ekitis? Even indigenes of Ilorin Emirate won't say that. Or are you talking about the Okuns in Kogi who requested that boundary be adjusted to include them in the SW in the just concluded NC? Ask your friend where he is from. No one from Kabba to the west of Kogi boundary with Ondo, Ekiti and Kwara will tell you such.

I don't understand what you mean by "ekun". That's the greeting of the Igbominas.

OGORI PEOPLE OF KOGI SAID THEY ARE NOT YORUBAS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE OF Oko, Ebira, Uneme and Akoko Gbangiri ORIGIN.
Describing their Yorubaness as "largely speculative," one of the organisers of the event, Solomon Aje, of the Department of Linguistic and Languages, University of Ilorin, in his paper titled, "Linguistic Identity and the Challenges of Minority Languages in Nigeria - the Ogori Example and the Way Forward," noted that against the widely believed historical fallacy that the Ogorians, like their Okun neighbours in Kogi State, are of Yoruba stock, "genetically, Ogori people have tried to foist on themselves a Yoruba sense by claiming directly descent historically from Ile-Ife; some have even identified a Prince Akinbiyi as the Ogori progenitor.
According to him, "the pro-Yoruba protagonists easily rest on the oars of Yoruba names for evidence and support without accounting for the myriad of Oko, Ebira, Uneme and Akoko Gbangiri names that characterise our people, the uniqueness of the Oko (Ogori) language and the absence of Yoruba as a natural language in Ogori." There was not a single lexical item in Oko that bore a one to one correspondence with Yoruba
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 GUARDIAN
Ogori league in Kogi declares no link with Yoruba
From Ralph Omololu Agbana, Lokoja
A GROUP, League of Ogori Professors (LOP), rose from a one-day symposium on Ogori Culture and People, held in Ogori, Ogorimagongo Local Council of Kogi State at the weekend with a declaration that they are a distinct ethnic group who should not be categorised as part of the Yoruba stock.

advertisement

The symposium, supported by the Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan and facilitated by Association of African Universities, was part of the events marking the yearly Ovia Osese festival, one of Nigeria 's most famous cultural events. Ovia Osese is the process of initiation of maidens who have attained marriage age into adulthood and marriages.
Although they agreed they are partly Yoruba speaking and bear Yoruba names, they sought answers to the myths surrounding their origin to include who they are, language, history, religion, education and culture. They craved the need to find answers to UNESCO's recent classification of Ogori among degrees of endangered languages and cultures. Describing their Yorubaness as "largely speculative," one of the organisers of the event, Solomon Aje, of the Department of Linguistic and Languages, University of Ilorin, in his paper titled, "Linguistic Identity and the Challenges of Minority Languages in Nigeria - the Ogori Example and the Way Forward," noted that against the widely believed historical fallacy that the Ogorians, like their Okun neighbours in Kogi State, are of Yoruba stock, "genetically, Ogori people have tried to foist on themselves a Yoruba sense by claiming directly descent historically from Ile-Ife; some have even identified a Prince Akinbiyi as the Ogori progenitor."
According to him, "the pro-Yoruba protagonists easily rest on the oars of Yoruba names for evidence and support without accounting for the myriad of Oko, Ebira, Uneme and Akoko Gbangiri names that characterise our people, the uniqueness of the Oko (Ogori) language and the absence of Yoruba as a natural language in Ogori." There was not a single lexical item in Oko that bore a one to one correspondence with Yoruba."
Aje added: "On the other hand, many of the Yoruba names left behind by the expeditionary Yoruba who came to Ogori are still being borne. Many Yoruba names have passed on with the bearers while present time and Christianity-invoked names are taking over some of the names. Interesting and defensible as the Yoruba descent and names may sound, however, language, the commonest index to a people's identity, and in this case, Yoruba as a language or even as a dialect, is completely absent even as a natural medium of interpersonal communication or interaction in Ogori. Every Ogorian who has ever spoken Yoruba does so through attending primary schools in Ogori where he or she is taught to read and write in Yoruba."
His position was overwhelmingly supported by other members of the LOP
Vice Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) and Protem Chairman of the group, Prof. Olugbemiro Jegede, earlier in his welcome address to the gathering which had Governor Idris Wada as Special Guest of Honour, said the LOP decided to institute the symposium to add an academic and intellectual dimension to the yearly festival to further expose Ogori people and culture to the world.
The magnitude, he said, befitted Ogori's status, a small community with a population less that 40,000, but "with the largest number of professors per square kilometer" and espousing one of the most revered cultural festivals in Nigeria."
Governor Wada, while commending the LOP for organising the event, described the Ovie Osese festival as a pride not only to Ogori people but to Kogi State and Nigeria as a whole. Attributing the Boko Haram scourge partly to a drift from cultural values and practices, he promised to build his administration on a solid foundation of culture in the next four years.

Ogori. They bear Yoruba and Ebira names but deny being related to both tribes. According to the most recent
census of Nigeria the 1991 census,
there are 23,577 persons from Ogori.
Of this, 11,258 are male while 12,319
are females. The town used to be
primarily an agricultural settlement but
with the coming of Europeans and
western education, a crop of artisans
emerged especially in masonry,
capentry, painers etc. Quite a number
of Ogori sons and daughters are to be
found in every occupation in both the
private and public sectors.
One of the annual activities of the Ogori
people is the Ovia osee, the passage of
rite for females transforming from
adolescence to womanhood. The event
is now usually the climax of the Ogori
week.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=497999976902209&id=491504350885105

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:

You've been bursted to be Yoruba and you're still shamelessly hanging around this thread

Chai there is god oo

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by stynhaq(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Igwezeugo:
get sense u no get,go read history books u no go read
Delta,Akwaibom and rest of dem are called eatern region
If u come to eatern region u will b getting all dis state
Amechi Rotimi is nt an Igbo name,some of Ikwere speak igbo bt they hv their dialect,likewisw Ebony state and d rest of dem
U said Delta Igbo,Y nt remove d igbo in delta
My friend d 6political zone u ar hearing today is a plan deal from OIC inorder to bring hatred blw ourself,there is nothing like Niger Delta,is from OIC
Without oil we can still survive
We ar naturally inteligent and bless,anything we touch we execel on it
So we ar nt shaking
We want to b on our own
Allow us to go

You know not history. Delta has never been in Eastern Region. We were in Western region at Independence then named Midwest region circa 1963. Then Bendel State ca 1976-1977 (Benin-Delta). Go read History.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rose2014:

Ochillary is not the only Yoruba here claiming they're from SS

There r lots of them. Fineguy11 is another one

cheesy cheesy
sorry for you ! my name na OCHUKO...am not Yoruba. I am from Delta state and am not IGBO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:
sorry for you ! my name na OCHUKO...am not Yoruba. I am from Delta state and am not IGBO

I don't know why you have to claim SS on this thread

You're not o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is Comic relief indeed
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rose2014:

I don't know why you have to claim SS on this thread

You're not o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is Comic relief indeed
biafra for igbos only.. don't include niger Delta

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:
biafra for igbos only.. don't include niger Delta

I respect your opinion but why claiming you're from SS when you're Yoruba? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rose2014:

I respect your opinion but why claiming you're from SS when you're Yoruba? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
nawa ooo.. are you forcing me to say am yoruba?
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

[s]Germany thought with the vengeance of first world war in their myopic minds, that second world war ll be fought with ease but unknown to them that as much effort they were putting into their own, others were fully prepared too.

Let me tap from my Hero's wisdom in person of Chief Awolowo and use it on you backward-always people. Read this below so as to save your your ass from getting bleeped like sissy when those Hausas eventually invade your landlocked region.

Vengeance is your falling point cos it makes you vulnerable in the presence of your devourers-Yorubas and Hausas(Awon Oko Iya Yin) just like last election in which you losers met your perpetual and everlasting political Waterloo/alienation.

I know you guys take after your failed and sissy-like progenitors. However, that is good on its own though cos that shows that you guys are not bastards (but there ll still be few bastards among u but Thk God for unavailability of DNA lab in your erosion ravaged region).

If you guys are smart, you ought to have known that PDP still belong to Yorubas elites and Hausas/Fulanis Oligarchy despite the fact that their presence is not being at moment. Example; I have a dead plant/flower in my garden which was abandoned by me due to one thing or the other but my foolish neighbour decided to be watering the flower every morning with intention to enjoy the beauty of flower later in the year but guess what I did when the beauty of the flower comes out later in d year, I fenced up my house. Lobatan

Instead of you fools to work on APGA as opposition party, you are watering the ground for Yorubas/Hausas that would still hijack PDP back from you people when the time comes.

Pls learn from your mentors-The Yorubas or Jagaban on his own.[/s]

Nobody is planning any revenge mission. Stop deceiving yourself thinking that the Yoruba own the PDP, they don't. The northerners do just like they own APC too as you will see in the coming months after Buhari takes over.

You very stupid to call the Yoruba our mentors, check yourself into Yaba left urgently. We will stay in PDP and play the opposition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
anwo247:

You're very wrong! Put that your Fulani Cattle under APC Vs Ngige under PDP for presidency, SS will vote Ngige (PDP).

Take not that Ngige must run under PDP to be accepted. We so no accept APC, the children of hate. APC is the only party in the whole world that is angry in defeat and in victory. Check
.. . Even the last time I spoke with Buhari on phone, he was still angry. Rubbish.

The purported division and lack of love between SS and SE only exist in the figment of your imagination. Naturally, we are more elightend to the north so uou should expect that in discussing on certain issues, there could be argument. But you don't find us going out to kill anyone because he is SS or SE. Nope!

Is stupidity, foolishness, and against all known logic for anyone to think that the SS will prefer to stay with Malam (Islamic zealots) and Yorubas (chronic betrayers) than stay with the igbos ( very industrious people).

Igbos dont really care so much about Kingship and whoever becomes president or dominantly president over the years won't be a case. Also take note that the IGBOS in SS are the single bigger tribe or Majority in the SS. All others are fragments of Minorities. So the igbos in SS will determine.

Also put it in your brain that Nigeria has decided to treat us like we are in a strange country and now we want our won. Let it be bad, but is our own. Just like you can stand to defend nigeria against south Africa. .....think of it.

You gang raped our son, Goodluck Jonathan and come here to say we want to stay with you? Are you mad?

Finally my dear silly friend, who is under illusion? YOU.

Ofcourse you are the majority tribe in SS. Invasion of other people's territory seems like a curse for the igbos. The southsoutherners are not igbos, they don't speak your language, they don't answer your names,they have not agitated for biafra in any way or form, why must you try to lump them into your biafra madness?

As regards voting like I said earlier, SS voted for their Son expectedly, igbos voted out of bitterness, crying more than the bereaved in the process. If the south south want out of nigeria, they will do it on their own and not coz the igbos said so.

Hurry and form biafra, nigerians support and wish you goodluck

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Rose2014: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:
nawa ooo.. are you forcing me to say am yoruba?
Someone bursted you earlier and u were hoping no one saw it.

Sorry but I did cheesy
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rose2014:

Someone bursted you earlier and u were no one saw it.

Sorry but I did cheesy
fvck off!! you have Nothing to tell me.
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
OneNaira6:

Can this Yoruba woman leave me alone.
I've said my own about your people.
Are they or are they not the worst set of people on this planet?
Are they not worse than the devil himself?
Are they not the only tribe that pretends to be other tribes in other to cause division?
Are they not the only tribe that decided to make themselves mouthpiece of anioma?
Since you've been on this forum, b/w North and your people who have tried to cause division b/w SE igbo and SS igbo?
So tell me again why I won't find your tribe despicable and a worthless set of ppl?

Abeg waka.

Causing division between the SS/SE?? No one can divide what's not together. You guys were never a people, you are seperate entities. It's like the yoruba trying to lay claim to the itsekiri people because they answer yoruba-like names..thats the only correlation that you have with the nigerdeltans. Abi it's now a crime to share borders with igbos again? Stop forcing yourself on the SS, they are not and will never be igbos.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by ruudboie(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
NICCUMPOO
cocoduck:
eh heh! good! now you are talking, raise the awareness educate people on why it us very, very important Biafra is actualised albeit in a professional and peaceful manner, lobby the people in the US congress, that is a good way of doing it
I for example no longer sing the Nigerian national anthem, and I want to forget it
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by Kenistry(m): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
otr1:

I'm not saying they are not Igbos. In fact, they have stronger links with Igbos than Yorubas with the Itsekiri. The culture, the language, their name, but it's worrisome how 8 out of 10 Ikweres will deny being Igbo. I think it's delibrate from their Leaders, and in that case, I'm afraid, you can't have them with you.
I'm from Ekiti LGA of Kwara State. My Home Town is the Spiritual headquarter of neighboring Communities, in to Ekiti State territory. We share everything in common. The state and regional boundaries is not just existing. How regional boundary succeeded in changing who they are is what I don't know.
wow, Ekiti lga in Kwara. Dats my ppa during nysc. Obbo ile to b precise. Byway I understnd ur point too. Lets jst hope everytin works out gud
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by bigfrancis21: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
ubyways:

well crafted ,i adore ur writeup. but truth be told, until igbos proof otherwise to ss brothers. As far as am concern(ibibio),igbos are the most greedy, selfish, and self centered tribe in the country.If this perception is not change, my brother ur leaving in delusion n illusion. our people are not comfortable playing the second fiddle despite of our enormous freely God given wealth in this delusion entity called Nigeria but aligning with the igbos is like a case of jumping into fire from fry pan, there is a proverb in my dalet that says "give igbo man an inch he will take a mile" .to draw a conclusion, the ss people are not comfortable with dominat attitude of the igbos. we will rather prefer our own sovereignty.

You are clearly in the minority. You virtually have no say or right in the Nigeria you're currently in, no hope of ever producing a governor. You are not even in charge of your 'naturally-given' talents. You're being given the opportunity to handle your affairs directly and be in control of your 'naturally-given' talents, rather than think of ways to make it happen, you are still blinded by tribalistic thinking. Truth be told, you minority tribes stand no chance of ever producing a president in Nigeria. Jonathan, of Ijaw extraction, became president by chance, and upon his incumbency he was re-elected president. With a country of yours, you become more proactive and influential in the decision-making process of the country.

What makes you think the country will be an Igbo-only affair? If southerners were given the chance to vote to have a country of theirs, you'd be surprised at the percentage that will vote to leave Nigeria.

My brother, it is your country as much as it is Isoko's or Urhobo's. Do you know where 'biafra' would have been today assuming the war was won 40+ years back? The hatred and discord among SE and SS today comes from the legacy of the war lost. Nobody wants to associate with the 'losers'.

Don't let natural resources blindfold you into thinking only for 'your' people. Natural resources dry up but human capital resources stay forever. With natural resources, you need human capital development to explore the resources else the resources are a waste. SS/SE has the human capital resources.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by scholarosisi(f): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
CHM11:

Phillip Effiong, Kaduna nzeogwu etc etc all made their mistakes which cost nzeogwu his life and Phillip effiong his pride as he apologised to gowon when Ojukwu ran away to wherever he ran to after the war.

There is no 'igbo' in my state Delta state. We have ukwanis and some delta ibos who will never agree to be called 'IGBOS'...
The ikwerres don't call themselves igbos

Biafra is a good dream for the igbos, push for it without the Niger Delta. As the Name implies BIAFRA- it also sounds igbotic!...

God bless your country when you have it.
Amen oooo pls don't shout they using our oil and don't want to dev our place. The one they did to jonathan is childs play ha ha ha
Re: MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra by ogodorholdings(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
lets see what happens

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

Obaseki Unveils PDP Campaign Poster (Pics) / Lady Goes To Verify Price of Peter Obi Pair Of Shoes In London Mall(vid) / Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.