Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer (5593 Views)

Pre-Wedding Shoot: When A Doctor Is Engaged To A Doctor / What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 12:04am On Apr 21, 2015
Its time to settle. I'm at the verge of making serious decision about my life. I have two ladies in my life at the moment which happens to be a lawyer & a medical doctor; both of them are ok. I have dated my lawyer fiancee for 1yr now by october but she seems litle bit too smart & some how 'disloyal' for my fears as an African man. The doctor sometimes could be too conservative which i really dont understand whats she's made up of in the inside. Although both of them are preety & a good company, am only worried in making this decision becos i understand there could be risks getting myself 'hooked' in marriage with these two professionals.

I do solicit your opinion, experience & advise in making choice from these two people.

1 Like

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 21, 2015
Marry the person, not the profession. A woman will definitely adjust her career plans/schedule to allow you enough family time if she really loves you..

1 Like

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2015
And what's ur profession?

5 Likes

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by LewisO: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2015
Get yourself a stark-illiterate then.

Isn't human that will marry them?

2 Likes

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 12:41am On Apr 21, 2015
pinkbee:
And what's ur profession?

Pls understand the post, does my profession play in here?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2015
LewisO:
Get yourself a stark-illiterate then.

Isn't human that will marry them?

how do you mean Mr? Did i say they're bad?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 12:45am On Apr 21, 2015
twoondei:
Marry the person, not the profession. A woman will definitely adjust her career plans/schedule to allow you enough family time if she really loves you..

cool, buh in marrying the person, am i not also marrying her profession? And what if she dosent realy love me enough? Can u see my fears?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2015
wealthinfos:

Yes it does. Like d doctor chic,if u have more home-time, she won't, that is if she has a very good job. Doctors usually look 4 brighter opportunities n dat could take them out of ur state of residence. Besides, doctors r very very boring.
D lawyer chic, oboy, u will argue like u r in d court room. Them no dey ever gree
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2015
maybe this dude is studying/studied botany science or zoology... he need supplement ... I guess the doctor is okay..
warrlay
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2015
pinkbee:

Yes it does. Like d doctor chic,if u have more home-time, she won't, that is if she has a very good job. Doctors usually look 4 brighter opportunities n dat could take them out of ur state of residence. Besides, doctors r very very boring.
D lawyer chic, oboy, u will argue like u r in d court room. Them no dey ever gree

@Pinkbee did u say doctor chicks are boring? Do u have any experience u knw dat u wono share with me on this? Lol
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 21, 2015
wealthinfos:

@Pinkbee did u say doctor chicks are boring? Do u have any experience u knw dat u wono share with me on this? Lol
I had a doctor bf, stayed at their quarters 4 a while. D guy wasn't boring but it was work work work work. Most doctors prefer marrying themselves. They view ppl not in d medical field like outcasts. They prefer conversing about their job. Some could be fun but I've not seen any. My family friends, both couples r doctors. Their house is like a library, very quiet, kids always forced 2 read books, parents r hardly home.
I was hooked up wit a lawyer but I couldn't date him because everything we discuss is like a case study.
For me, I'll say go 4 d lawyer because u might end up picking up d kids 4rm school almost everytime.

2 Likes

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by LewisO: 2:22am On Apr 21, 2015
wealthinfos:

how do you mean Mr? Did i say they're bad?
I didn't say u address them bad, but this is the situation u know u are dealing with two intelligent ladies in which u are having this thought of finding it difficult to control them.

If u really love them then pick one, have it mind they are women u can get them married if u are okay with and everything is moving on fine too.

2 Likes

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Doortun(m): 2:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Personality aside, I'd rather the doctor. The doctor will serve more purpose for you and your kids in the future, but the lawyer will end up engaging in mental games with you every now and then. God help you the lawyer is a divorce lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 21, 2015
wealthinfos:

But theirs do?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2015
Doortun:
Personality aside, I'd rather the doctor. The doctor will serve more purpose for you and your kids in the future, but the lawyer will end up engaging in mental games with you every now and then. God help you the lawyer is a divorce lawyer.

how do you mean she's a divorce lawyer? I didnt get you clearly.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by sinizia: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2015
OP, shouldn't you rather look for the good or better one between them rather than marry based on their professions?

Their professions are just titles and doesn't show who will make a good wife between two of them. The key point to look for in a wife to marry shouldn't be about what profession she studied. Profession doesn't determine a good or bad woman.

Between both of them, marry the one that completes you the most, the only that has the better characteristics you want in a woman. That's all.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
sinizia:
OP, shouldn't you rather look for the good or better one between them rather than marry based on their professions?

Their professions are just titles and doesn't show who will make a good wife between two of them. The key point to look for in a wife to marry shouldn't be about what profession she studied. Profession doesn't determine a good or bad woman.

Between both of them, marry the one that completes you the most, the only that has the better characteristics you want in a woman. That's all.

am sorry, inasmuch as profession is not the key factor to look into while choosing, i want my wife to be an asset to me and not a liability. Am i wrong in this thinking?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by sinizia: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
wealthinfos:

am sorry, inasmuch as profession is not the key factor to look into while choosing, i want my wife to be an asset to me and not a liability. Am i wrong in this thinking?

None of them are liabilities to you. Both are gainfully employed, so it all boils down to the traits you want in a woman.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
PaulCI:

But theirs do?

I dont have any ish with thier profession aiit. You dont wono see my fears. Do you?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by focusM: 4:31pm On May 16, 2015
Am a lawyer but I think many men prefer doctors as wifes. However,its character that matters most.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by IamLEGEND1: 4:38pm On May 16, 2015
seems u've arrived at a bit of an impasse

so as the tie breaker just blèep dem both and see wic one is sweeter

DNT WORRY ABOUT IT, U CAN TANK ME LATER.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 16, 2015
twoondei:
well said. Send me ur adress i would order a 20naira biscuit 4rm konga for u.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by decisive(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2015
Don't like either angry . One sees one as a patient undecided,the other as a criminal embarassed
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 16, 2015
focusM:
Am a lawyer but I think many men prefer doctors as wifes. However,its character that matters most.
If you want people to be sure you are a lawyer, endeavour to spell words correctly. That 'am' should be spelt 'I'm', and 'wifes' as 'wives'. Queen's English, with its honed usage, defines dudes in that profession.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by focusM: 7:30pm On May 16, 2015
StealthIdeals:
If you want people to be sure you are a lawyer, endeavour to spell words correctly. That 'am' should be spelt 'I'm', and 'wifes' as 'wives'. Queen's English with its honed usage defines dudes in that profession.

Is that the best u can offer? SMH for ur lack of what to do.

1 Like

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 16, 2015
pinkbee:

I had a doctor bf, stayed at their quarters 4 a while. D guy wasn't boring but it was work work work work. Most doctors prefer marrying themselves. They view ppl not in d medical field like outcasts. They prefer conversing about their job. Some could be fun but I've not seen any. My family friends, both couples r doctors. Their house is like a library, very quiet, kids always forced 2 read books, parents r hardly home.
I was hooked up wit a lawyer but I couldn't date him because everything we discuss is like a case study.
For me, I'll say go 4 d lawyer because u might end up picking up d kids 4rm school almost everytime.
This applies to that Xiadnat of a girlie. She may find it difficult marrying a man outside medical field.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 16, 2015
focusM:

Is that the best u can offer? SMH for ur lack of what to do.
I didn't mean to be rude to you. Who won't like having a lawyer friend in a country where you can spend years behind bars 'cause of the crime you never committed? I'm just getting addicted to words these days.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by MrDojo(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2015
Marry both of em polygamy is nt a crime in Nigeria...... grin

Dnt mind me Op I jst feel like sayin sometin stupid...
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 10:22pm On May 20, 2015
focusM:

Are u male or female pls? Also why do you think men prefer doctors to lawyers?
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by wealthinfos(m): 10:28pm On May 20, 2015
StealthIdeals:
If you want people to be sure you are a lawyer, endeavour to spell words correctly. That 'am' should be spelt 'I'm', and 'wifes' as 'wives'. Queen's English with its honed usage defines dudes in that profession.

How come u magnify the insignificant to be signficant thereby derailing from ur focus?

1 Like

Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by jayriginal: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2015
pinkbee:

That's the stereotype about Doctors. You should meet my friends, just about the craziest people you could ever meet, with every vice imaginable. When they're in the hospital its all seriousness but when off, oh boy.

As for the lawyers, its another stereotype. I should know!

You are right about Doctors looking for greener pastures though.
Re: Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer by PrettyClare7(f): 6:41am On Jun 02, 2015
sinizia:

you nailed it. If OP likes let him listen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does His Heart Beats Faster? / Beach In Rio, Brazil When There was No Plastic Surgeries Or Phones(photo) / My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.