Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? (14587 Views)

What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? / If The Tribal Game Continues - We Might Never Have An Ibo President. / 3 Reasons Why Plateau State Must Produce An Apc Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by zendy: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
I don't see an Igbo man ever becoming president and frankly, it is of no importance. The office of the president is more of a psychological thing than anything else. How has the presidency benefitted other zones that produced it? Did the south-South get any special benefits from GEJ's presidency? The Igbo man should think beyond the Nigerian presidency and ponder on how best to get his own country. No Nigerian president has ever done well since 1960 and none ever will because Nigeria is a fundamentally flawed enterprise. The Igbo nation should evolve into its own nation and govern its self and resources instead staying in Nigeria and wondering when the Yorubas and the northernets will seceed power to an Igbo man. We should not think small because of 'Igbo president'

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

Hahahahahahaha, your mental deficiency is amusing grin
I laugh you..it's a waste of limited time arguing with a low lifer like you so, fvck off my mention..
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by ayokellany: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
CyerSeries:
when I said fighting for survival, I mean merit ..Set a standard for everything ..Anybody that merits the standard, let the person take it..if an ibo is not able to meet up with the standard, don't give it to him..that's what I'm talking about..did you get me?
The Igbos have obviously being missing out on the standard of national spread / appeal which is a perquisite to the 2/3 of about 23 states needed to win the presidency.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
CyerSeries:
I laugh you..it's a waste of limited time arguing with a low lifer like you so, fvck off my mention..

Indeed a brainless fool cannot sensibly argue with a higher intelligence grin, so scurry on away like the pathetic loser that you are to threads where braindead rascally idïots like yourself abound. This thread is exclusively for smart people.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by IGBOSON2: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Amaechi is from the political SS at least for now, we want a man from the SE please.

^^^Your type make me want to puke in disgust! I hope you're really not Igbo with this your grovelling attitude!
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by IGBOSON2: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
zendy:
I don't see an Igbo man ever becoming by president and frankly, it is of no importance. The office of the president is more of a psychological thing than anything else. How has the presidency benefitted other zones that produced it? Did the south-South get any special benefits from GEJ's presidency? The Igbo man should think beyond the Nigerian presidency and ponder on how best to get his own country. No Nigerian president has ever done well since 1960 and none ever will because Nigeria is a fundamentally flawed enterprise. The Igbo nation should evolve into its own nation and govern its self and resources instead staying in Nigeria and wondering when the Yorubas and the northernets will seceed power to an Igbo man. We should not think small because of 'Igbo president'
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
zendy:
I don't see an Igbo man ever becoming by president and frankly, it is of no importance. The office of the president is more of a psychological thing than anything else. How has the presidency benefitted other zones that produced it? Did the south-South get any special benefits from GEJ's presidency? The Igbo man should think beyond the Nigerian presidency and ponder on how best to get his own country. No Nigerian president has ever done well since 1960 and none ever will because Nigeria is a fundamentally flawed enterprise. The Igbo nation should evolve into its own nation and govern its self and resources instead staying in Nigeria and wondering when the Yorubas and the northernets will seceed power to an Igbo man. We should not think small because of 'Igbo president'

We're not talking about the failures of the past; rather we're talking about the developmental prospects of today's Nigeria under the current democratic dispensation. And just because PDP presidents haven't delivered as expected in the past 16 years doesn't mean that all other coming Nigerian presidents should be written off. Nigeria still holds great promise as a country for every tribe within its borders. But I get your point about the possibility of an ibo presidency and sadly it's really hard to dispute, so I won't even try.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by zendy: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

We're not talking about the failures of the past; rather we're talking about the developmental prospects of today's Nigeria under the current democratic dispensation. And just because PDP presidents haven't delivered as expected in the past 16 years doesn't mean that all other coming Nigerian presidents should be written off. Nigeria still holds great promise as a country for every tribe within its borders. But I get your point about the possibility of an ibo presidency and sadly it's really hard to dispute, so I won't even try.

If you build a house and it has a faulty foundation,no matter what you do,you will never enjoy that house. Nigeria holds no hope for anyone and its greatness is chrade. The reason why Buhari will fail,just like all other Nigerian heads of states before him is that he cannot give Nigeria what it truly needs and that is autonomy. Even the founding fathers of Nigeria realised that to govern Nigeria,the people had to be given a high degree of autonomy. There were 3 regions and these largely governed themselves and kept the vast bulk of whatever accrued in their regions. Nobody could cheat anybody. What we have now is a situation where one man and 36 state Governors have been arrogated more powers than God and people expect anything good to come out of it? Nigeria is a failed venture and we should all cut our losses and go our different ways.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by omoreminder2: 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
StBlack1:

DO YOU KNOW?

- The average Yoruba man ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a factor against his/her progress.

- The average Northerner ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a disturbance.

To be candid, If Ibos present their presidential candidate, I pray majority of them do not get striken by heart attack when they experience the pain of seeing Yorubas vote massively against their son. Please get it right, THAT WE SEE IBOS & YORUBAS INTER-MARRY NOWADAYS MEANS NOTHING. The Germans and French inter-marry, but does that make them friends or enemies?

Social & economic events may somehow bind these two, but take it from me,
when it comes to politics between these two, Yorubas are ready to strike these people dead. If you really need to get a grasp of what I mean, let a northerner contest against an Ibo and lets see where Yorubas will massively sway their votes
. ! It is a wide opinion I have well perceived from my people towards Ibos. They still believe till today that Ibos hate them, hence WHY they cant vote an Ibo man. !![/b]

Damilola drop your hatred for Ibos....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cross River: No Military Bombardment In Calabar / Roqeeb Adeniji Dies At 79 (Ogun APC Chairman) / I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.