Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband (33946 Views)

Man Dies After Being Poisoned While Hanging Out With Friends In Anambra. Photos / Woman Dies After Intense Sex With Her Boyfriend In Ekiti / Nigerian Woman, Temitope Adebamiro Kills Cheating Husband In The US (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
tunnary:

Wooow, female lecturer, thnk u. I v alot in my head dats y i make minor mistakes such as dis. we all learn everyday even after sch. Wat does dis yada yada mean?
smilessmiley glad u did

Yada yada yada means blah blah blah wink

I:E: when you don't wanna continue a known line or repeat it. E.g GEJ is the president of federal republic... Yada yada yada grin
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
toluine56:

i dey surprised sef o
it just doesnt make any sense.
i'm tinking she commited suicide
cheesy
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
Funkychic:

Yes ma
wink
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
prophetfire:
please you can go and ask your english professor.taken is past participle.in the context of this sentence,taking is the right word to use.are you willing to bet anything on it?this one you are saying students,are you a teacher?
its like you too need extra lesson,do you care for grin
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
prophetfire:
yes you no sabi english at all bcs the bolded"taking" as used in the sentence is quite correct.
can you just tell me the appropriate time to use the word "ing
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
donnypool:

good job
you're wlcm smiley
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by tunnary(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
vheMa:
smilessmiley glad u did

Yada yada yada means blah blah blah wink

I:E: when you don't wanna continue a known line or repeat it. E.g GEJ is the president of federal republic... Yada yada yada grin

Yada yada yada, funny. Learnt somtin anyway.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
tunnary:

Yada yada yada, funny. Learnt somtin anyway.
grin yeah it is 4ni grin
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by prophetfire: 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
vheMa:
and who will give the extra lessons,you? Please I cant wait for us to start.oya now.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by prophetfire: 12:16am On Apr 25, 2015
vheMa:
can you just tell me the appropriate time to use the word "ing
the problem is that you are following the elementary rules of the usage of tenses without knowing that as you advance in the study and usage of english,there are exceptions to the rules.even at that this still falls within the rules. Your argue bcs you feel that "ing" being a present continous tense is not correct in the sentence being a past event but remember that it is a report that he is making. "taken is not even in the past but in the past participle,making it a terrible grammatical blunder here.he is reporting an event in using the present continous style. please.I like your interest in english language usage.if it has to be "taken",then it should have read AFTER SHE "HAD" MISTAKENKLY TAKEN. But AFTER MISTAKENLY TAKING is correct.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by prophetfire: 12:40am On Apr 25, 2015
vheMa:
just took interest and viewed your profile. As per your personal text and signature,are you serious?you ll ger more than you bargained for,mind you.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 25, 2015
prophetfire:
and who will give the extra lessons,you? Please I cant wait for us to start.oya now.
even the bible says "the son of peril will surly perish" I know for sure,no matter how long I keep on teaching you,you won't change sad (ao sad)
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by prophetfire: 7:01am On Apr 25, 2015
vheMa:
even the bible says "the son of peril will surly perish" I know for sure,no matter how long I keep on teaching you,you won't change sad (ao sad)
my dear so u know the bible?and you know that with certain lifestyles, one is doomed to perish?yet you are still bent on liviing that way? Repent now bcs God dsnt wnt you to perish though you insist on doing so.so sad.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2015
vheMa:

Guys it isn't correct.

NB: you can only use TAKING,when the action is still going on/on going,but in this case the deceased is no more(it will automatically become past tense)

I:E woman dies after TAKEN poisoned soup...yada yada yada

Is take understood,studentsgrin
Its a normal way of reporting an event in journalism. A preposition always attracts a gerund, a verbal noun or an ing form of a verb. E.g before leaving i told her my mind.
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Its a normal way of reporting an event in journalism. A preposition always attracts a gerund, a verbal noun or an ing form of a verb. E.g before leaving i told her my mind.
what's your point
Re: Woman Dies After Mistakenly Taking Poisoned Soup Prepared For Cheating Husband by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
vheMa:
what's your point
Can u get it. The ending of this article is in order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Houseboy Sentenced To Death For Killing Ogun Magistrate (Photo) / 'I Opened 2-Year-Old Girl's Private Part To See What It Looks Like'– 16-Year-Old / Two Men Caught With Many Bullets In Kogi State(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.