Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration (15612 Views)

Ijaw Youth Council Plans One-million-man March Against Buhari / Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos) / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by lalasticlala(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
The Presidential Inauguration Planning Committee has outlined a week long activities for the inauguration of the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The committee is co-chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim; and a former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timpre Sylva.

Both of them addressed State House correspondents on Thursday at the end of the second meeting of the committee held inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Anyim listed the programmes that have been outlined for the inauguration to include a Jumat service, an interdenominational church service, inauguration dinner, the swearing-in ceremony, a lunch and a gala night.

He however did not give the details of the dates and venues of the events.

He said, “The inauguration committee has had two meetings thus far.

“The purpose of this press briefing is to present the programme to the public; seek their understanding, support and participation in the 2015 presidential inauguration.

“The committee has planned one week programme of activity each of which is as important as the other.

“They include ‎press briefing, Jumat prayers, inter-denominational ‎church service, inauguration dinner, ‎swearing-in ceremony‎, lunch immediately after the swearing-in ceremony and a gala night‎.

“We have accordingly created sub-committees ‎to focus on each activity. The co-chairmen and members of the sub-committees may now or later take their turns in briefing the public on their activities.”

Anyim explained that there are two parallel transition committees and inauguration committee.

He said the inauguration committee was structured to be a joint committee of the present administration and incoming administration.

‎The committee has the mandate to draw up programmes of activities for the inauguration ceremony; arrange invitations and accommodation for foreign and local dignitaries; organise approved programme of activities; draw up budget‎ for the programme of activities and coopt into subcommittees persons that may be necessary to assist in the discharge of activities.

http://www.punchng.com/news/committee-plans-one-week-activities-for-buharis-inauguration/
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by SeverusSnape(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
**waiting for that day** cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by TRADELYN: 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Fine, but there better key staff working very closely with the President (e.g. Dr. Ngozi Iweala) that should have been chosen rather than the former governor.
ʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹ__modified__ʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹ
Ooh...I see better now.

Timpre Slyva is representing Buhari's committee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Brb!
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Mogidi: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
A week long activities for mere inauguration, judging from Buhari's age and history of procrastination, work won't start till next year.
We are in for a rough ride indeed, God help us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
TRADELYN:

Fine, but there better key staff working very closely with the President (e.g. Dr. Ngozi Iweala) that should have been chosen rather the former governor.
the fprmer gov is working under the Buhari camp...don't you get? It is a pay back to Gej for removing him as governor

3 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Cc Ibnsultaan, cc cramjones, please is the lunch and gala night necessary? Isn't it a COMPLETE waste of public fund? Week long activity for what nao? Nigerians aren't interested in all these jamboree. Please make GMB Inauguration committee cancel some of the activities OUT!!! Friday and Sunday service and gala night have do! Even the gala night should be limited.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Dannyset(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
May 29th we know. There's no other day that is more important.
Total rubbish I must say.
Well, they should just include "indomie evening" for people like Doyin Okupe.

3 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by abduljabbar4(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Patiently waiting for May 29th

1 Like

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Eyepencil: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
Apc won't complain about this again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by abduljabbar4(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
Mogidi:
A week long activities for inauguration, judging from Buhari's age and history of procrastination, work won't start till next year.
We are in for a good ride indeed, God help us.
I repeat my question, how did the condom tear and why was the abortion unsuccessful?

28 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by TRADELYN: 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
soe:
the fprmer gov is working under the Buhari camp...don't you get? It is a pay back to Gej for removing him as governor
OK. Thanks!
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
How many days left to May 29th naa?
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Mogidi: 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I repeat my question, how did the condom tear and why was the abortion unsuccessful?

Lets hope your progenitor gets cancer of the cli..toris, another abduljabbar would be too many.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
Abeg who get My-X5 charger? Because i don't fvckin know how diz will bring afternoon food to my table angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ok--- look at the frivolities..."Jumat service, an interdenominational church service, inauguration dinner, the swearing-in ceremony, a lunch and a gala night" wasteful outgoing government of PDP led by Jonathan Goodluck, PhD.

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Rilwayne001: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Change is here
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by ajepako(f): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
One week inauguration?

Money chopping don start even before administration..

APC, PDP....... no difference

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Which kind jamboree be this

1 Like

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Please do fast and inaugurate the bunch of failures to start messing up. But wait? On whose accounts are the so called one week activities going to be funded? It's high time I stopped paying my taxes. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Sunnycliff(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
No problem! All the best to the outgoing leaders and better harmony and wisdom for the incoming administration!

1 Like

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by joystickextendr: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
okay now
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
k
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Blurry: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
lol
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by efilefun(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
But is the lunch and dinner aspect that important? there must be some hidden plans cuz it was rejected earlier by the APC and now they adjusted it to the main day.... Well baba's team should be coming with their Chair, Table Water and food and i trust JAGABAN borgu (irunmole osha nla)...lol.. moreover BABA should be careful during the jumat service also.

2 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by dunkem21(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
One week? grin ..and finally the APC agreed on a dinner date to chop galagrin ..even when they complained about the funds to be expensed on such frivolities? ..even when the GEJ team is tricky?

We will also want to know how much that week like long activities will gulp ..I thought people volunteered

Abeg, everybody should bring their food including the president and the president elect and all dignitaries ..

Again, nobody should eat anything dia ..

..I mustn't be T.B Joshua grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by lordsharks(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nice plan

1 Like

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by efilefun(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
GEJ's committee not buhari
Members of the incoming government include Chief Pius Akinyelure, Abike Dabiri Erewa, Sharon Ikeazor, Tony Anwuka, Kawu Baraje, John Shagaya and Babagana Kingibe.

Others are – Ismaila Is a Funtua, Hadiza Usman, Babachir Lawal, Binta Garba, and Samson Osagie[color=#990000][/color]
TRADELYN:
Fine, but there better key staff working very closely with the President (e.g. Dr. Ngozi Iweala) that should have been chosen rather than the former governor.
ʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹ__modified__ʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹʹ
Ooh...I see better now.

Timpre Slyva is representing Buhari's committee.

2 Likes

Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by iyatrustee(f): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hope they start the administration on a money making jamboree for the boys?
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by Johnnoo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Side-show-freaks undecided
Re: Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration by MKO4ever(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oya naaa......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diezani In London For Cancer Treatment - SaharaReporters / Soldiers Mistake Electricity Workers For Boko Haram, Kill 1 / EFCC Arraigns Tompolo In Absentia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.