Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west (21697 Views)

Fraud@pump/fuel Station / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by philips70(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
koligs:

You don't read... If only u read, u would have seen where he said he was gonna stabilize oil price...

Quit reading books written by haters and the frustrated so you don't live a life filled with self hate and frustration. This is a very valid advice.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by tociano009(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by anigold(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
zeekz:
IBADAN—FORMER Petroleum Minister and Professor of Virology, Professor Tam David-West, has said there was never a time the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), said he would reduce the pump price of fuel to N40 per litre as reported some days ago.

The don, who spoke with Vanguard in his residence in Ibadan, explained that the N40 per litre was his own preferred pump fuel price and should not have been attributed to Buhari.

He said: “I wish to correct a wrong impression carried in the newspapers, entitled, “Buhari’ll reduce petrol to N40-David West.” I did not make such categorical statement and I’m sure that Gen. Buhari will agree with me that I could not have made such a categorical statement.

“Gen. Buhari and I have said it times without number that the phenomenon called subsidy is fraudulent. N40 per litre is my own figure which I have repeatedly used in all my write-ups and interviews.”

However, while alluding to a comment made by a Texas professor, who said petrol should sell for N35 per litre, he said it was possible for the price of fuel to be reduced drastically if all four refineries were serviced to produce at maximum capacity, adding that for now, the refineries were performing at minimum capacity.

One of the antidotes that could make life more comfortable for Nigerians, he said, was the complete removal of middlemen who import fuel, noting that fuel importation must stop.

“Nigeria can go directly to refinery owners. We have done it before during Buhari’s time.” When asked if he could serve in the petroleum sector if invited or recommend anyone who could be of service to Nigerians, the erudite professor said it was God “who directs him and leads him on what to do next.
“In 1990, I wrote on sabotage theory of Nigeria’s refineries which was published by Vanguard. Our refineries can work, but some people sabotage the refineries. It is not because we don’t have Nigerians who can repair it and turn things around. If that fails, the people who built refineries can repair it. If people in government do it, there will be no more importation of fuel.

“I respect Gen. Buhari because he has much integrity and I believe that he would be a good leader. It is true that expectations of Nigerians are very high. No new leader can perform miracles. People should give him time and conducive atmosphere to perform. I don’t believe in 100 days in office, it is nonsense. If you are packing from one house to a new one, will 100 days be enough to settle down. How do you expect a sudden turn-around within 100 days when so much damage has been done for years.

“But, it will not take too long before Nigeria would experience that change they crave for. Between the first six months and one year, people would feel that positive change,” he said.

On the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, he said he felt so happy that he lost, adding, “I have never supported him and I will not support him because I am an Ijaw man. His policies are very bad,” he maintained.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/n40-pump-fuel-price-is-my-figure-not-buharis-says-david-west/

see agent of change. hahahababababah one of the APC KING PIN. I really pity GMB with all these sycophants around him how is he going make the positive changes, I hope your case won't be worse than GEJ"s tenure ooo...

Too many sycophants+ex-corrupt PDP politicians + corrupt APC CHIEFS= A failed governance

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
imbless:
It was during GMB tenure that fuel sold for 40 naira that was when our refineries were functioning well and and I don't think it can still happen again, unless we renovate or build new refineries

You are wrong guy, fuel was less than N40/L during GMB'S 23months in office in the 80s. Am not certain here, but I think abacha either increased the pump price to N22/L or he met it at N22/L.
If truth be told, as far back as 2012,the landing cost of imported PMS was actually less than N40/L (I recall reading the stuff by d Texas Professor, a Nigerian who is an expert in oil & gas in Texas), how much more if we fix our refineries and refine what we need for local consumption..... This is the reason honest Nigerians who are knowledgeable abt oil & gas have always been of the opinion that subsidy is at best a hoax,....slush funds for the boys.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
anigold:

see agent of change. hahahababababah one of the APC KING PIN. I really pity GMB with all these sycophants around him how is he going make the positive changes, I hope your case won't be worse than GEJ"s tenure ooo...

Too many sycophants+ex-corrupt PDP politicians + corrupt APC CHIEFS= A failed governance

Guy, believe me, you do not know Tam David West.
Ask any knowledgeable graduate of the University of Ibadan, Prof West is an exemplary Nigerian, he lives frugally, and prudent to the core.
Tam David West is no sycophant,......and by every yard stick, he stands taller than stomach infrastructure professors like Jerry Gana (any govt in power).
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If you read what he actually said....he said that fuel can come down to N40 if all the refineries were working AT full capacity....not a minimal capacity.(and even then we may still need some new refineries.).

Something which Dizzy and her oga failed to do over the last 6 years.
what did da excess abokii ex dictators and president do for about 40yrs?
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rexxie:

what did da excess abokii ex dictators and president do for about 40yrs?

Built 3 out of our 4 refineries actually. them abokis.....the last of which was completed by 1988.

(And guess who is building number 5....that's right Dangote the Aboki!)

And we brought in Johnny and Diz to sort out the problems arising from poor maintenance...which started in the 1990's...not 40 years ago.

You PDPians....if you want to win elections....stop refusing to take responsibility. We know you did not cause the problems....we expected you however, to fix them!
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Built 3 out of our 4 refineries actually. them abokis.....the last of which was completed by 1988.

(And guess who is building number 5....that's right Dangote the Aboki!)

And we brought in Johnny and Diz to sort out the problems arising from poor maintenance...which started in the 1990's...not 40 years ago.

You PDPians....if you want to win elections....stop refusing to take responsibility. We know you did not cause the problems....we expected you however, to fix them!
oh,so u guys've bn shiiting on da goddamm floor since da '90s (didnt ibb come onboard in da '80?) n expects others to do da goddamm clean up,huh? Bra4knvo!
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rexxie:

oh,so u guys've bn shiiting on da goddamm floor since da '90s (didnt ibb come onboard in da '80?) n expects others to do da goddamm clean up,huh? Bra4knvo!

Actually....IBB was good for the petrol industry (Kaduna refinery was finished in 1988...and Eleme Petrochemical Complex was commisioned in 1990).

The issues started with Abacha....and it went downhill from there.

Johnny Goode came...saw the rot...and did zilch.

As did OBJ and even Yaradua.

Hence my annoyance.

We know that PDP did not cause the problems....but we also expected them to fix them!

Or was IBB in power for the last six years and no one told me?

(See what you have done....you have made me defend IBB. Now...apologize!)
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by walepinna(m): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Damikevin:
how can they read when they are hustling to be FTC like say price dey am.

LOOOL grin grin
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If you read what he actually said....he said that fuel can come down to N40 if all the refineries were working AT full capacity....not a minimal capacity.(and even then we may still need some new refineries.).

Something which Dizzy and her oga failed to do over the last 6 years.

All APC agents speak before realising the implication of their statements. Which Nigerian parastatal has ever performed at FULL CAPACITY? Even the private sector companies are not running at full capacity talkless of moribund refineries. All those refineries became moribund in the 90's. They keep painting them to be shining like what you see at the Kaduna refinery whereas they are dilapidated.

Buhari himself "don enter One chance". Fuel must sell for N40/per litre. Nigerians say NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL

By the way see Professor Tam David West previous Analysis:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

One barrel of Crude oil = 42 gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (co mbined)
capacity = 445,000 barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing
equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil per barrel (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; -
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69
True cost of one BARREL of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria:
- Total sum cost/barrel = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about
N95/N85 litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN subsidy as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters for their response; We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.

Analysis by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.

1 Like

Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by solidifi: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
The government of Nigeria is a government of mis-match.

Tam-David West, how does your profession match with petroleum industry?

Square pegs in Round holes.

You have started showing how you people will mislead Buhari. And it is obvious that Buhari doesn't rule but his deputy, and you people want to mislead him the more. He'll see what GEJ saw.
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by tunnary(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Tatafo
Re: N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west by godwin120alex: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
We shall surely hold Baba n pastor accountable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South East Senate Caucus To Boycott Buhari’s Town Hall Parley / Ministers In Last Minute Lobbying Ahead Of Cabinet Dissolution / Senator Ndume Weeps As He Urges IDPs To Return To Their Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.