Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN (59606 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by kiyosaki1(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2015
MduZA:

shittest place like Nigeria?

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Dollar101(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
why do you say there are no more than 7 killings in S.A....i have watch several, coming from my friend directly from S.A...you are just trying to justify xenophobia and that is so wrong, the painful part was watch your police stand and entertain this rubbish going on in your land...point of correction there are so many billionaires and millionaires waiting to buy Shoprite, Mtn and the rest of them, so we wont be jobless...we are just kicking you out of business...

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by osystein(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Dahjhi:

All these thrash to justify this animalistic behaviors? U are kidding bro

those gruesome images are fake, and that child is south african, she was short in a service deilivery protest in january check this link. where that image was sourced from.

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by epadomo(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
U ar a lunatic cos if u ar nt u wouldn't say dat just 7 lives. As if u can create 1,mind u if mtn, shoprite, dstv, gotv and d rest were shut down heaven will nt fall and our. Pple will still survive. @ least if one door closes anoda opens so as it always said
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Msauza(m): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2015
989900:

Well if ur 'thought-process' is functioning @ 0.5 times it's capacity, yes, ur right!

Nigeria: $600b (excluding some private industries/trades) is 0.5 times of SA: $350?

Lagos' GDP alone is almost half of the whole of SA's.

And if Lagos where a country in Africa, with it's GDP twice, or more of countries like Ghana, Kenya, and e.t.c., it will be the 4th-5th biggest economy in Africa.

Chief, it seems as if you have not done economics 101. The recent devaluation of Naira and falling oil prices has shrunk your GDP now to less than $450 billion. Go and learn your economics.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Horus(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015

[size=21pt]Zuma complains about lazy South Africans[/size]

2015-03-25

Johannesburg - If he were a dictator, he would change a few things, President Jacob Zuma says.

“But this is a democratic country,” Zuma told delegates at the SA Local Government Association [Salga] in Johannesburg on Tuesday.

The president said South Africans had started to become lazy since the shackles of apartheid were loosened.

Zuma related an anecdote of a visit he made to an unnamed African country during the liberation struggle, reported Sapa.

"I got there and people were working very slowly, they were not in a rush, and I asked the comrade who was taking me, 'What's happening?'

"He said people don't work fast, people say they are free. The white man has left, they are now free."

Zuma warned that freedom is "not something that is in the air".

According to the Times, he told delegates that if he were a dictator, he “would change a few things”.

He also complained that South Africans tend to “exaggerate” about their problems and wait for government to sort everything out, reported

Source: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Politics/Zuma-complains-about-lazy-South-Africans-20150325

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by kiyosaki1(m): 11:52am On Apr 24, 2015
Msauza:

Chief, it seems as if you have not done economics 101. The recent devaluation of Naira and falling oil prices has shrunk your GDP now to less than $450 billion. Go and learn your economics.

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Msauza(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4eGhsiP-Q

[size=15pt]The Gang Leader of Xenophobia in South Africa [/size]

The leader of Xenophobia in South Africa.

This video has gone viral on social media with million views in just 5 hours.

He says his troops will not stop killing foreigners.

My question is why would Africans kill fellow Africans?

The guy on the video is a foreigner himself. South Africans do not have such a weird accent. IMPERSONATION
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by 989900: 11:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Msauza:

Sorry to burst your bubble, 'econ 101' won't do much for you here. You need more than that to decipher the intricacies affecting the value of the Naira to the dollar, and how fluid that can be.

Oil is only 10% thereabout of Nigeria's GDP (don't confuse GDP with GOv't's. forex earnings).

Even at that, how is $450b 0.5 times of $350b?
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by DadaStephen1(m): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
I actually feel highly insulted by this post and i consider it an affront.
I strongly advise you delete your account as you have stated, in order to save yourself alot of trouble.
Also do note the following;

1. If your useless investments like Shoprite, MTN (WHOM I PITY THE MOST) and MultiChoice (whom i hate the most) are thrown out of this country, we won't even feel it, but your miserable country will.
2. Your country has the highest rate of HIV/AIDS patients in the world, and they are your indolent black south African brothers and sisters
3. You are not the richest economy anywhere, the west is just over hyping you ass-licking country
4. You guys have started a fight you cannever finish, this will be recorded in history and our children will take note of this
5. Nigerians are not your mates in any way, we brought you out of misery and poverty. We can ensure that you get sunk in it.
6. Accepted, we have our faults, but you're no saints and we are still better off.
7. SA cannot stand in isolation of African countries

You have just ended up staring more hate for your country, congratulations to the beginning of an end for your GOD FORSAKEN country

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by skylane: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Msauza:

Stop feeding us untruths. SA has the best military in Africa that will decimate Boko haram just in few hours. Remember the same South Africans are helping you defeat Boko Haram when your soldiers were chased around by just mere tag tag militant group losing land and bases.

SA has the largest budget in Africa, which is 4X larger than that of Nigeria. So, how will you finance our budget when you are struggling to raise over $100 billion budget to your own people. You uninformed claim does not make sense.
come here av been reading ur xenophobic comments since,how dare you compare nigerian military with dat lazy military of yours?how many peacekeeping has ur military gone 4 and also won? Only bokoharam wud islamisize ur nation under 3hrs if u don't know,

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by biggybanty7(m): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our people are not Lazy...SA is the largest econmy in Africa and the most beautiful country because it was built by the hard work of black South african labourers.
shut your people aare very lazy they don't believe in hustle you stupid people can do witout we the foreigners,i have in south Africa so many years
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by prettyboi1(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
The author of this post is silly, really! First he says "don't believe all you hear and read about in the media", then he turns around and talks about Nigeria based on the crap information he thinks he knows from the same media he says we shouldn't believe even though he has never been to Nigeria. If you're going to believe bullshiit about my country based on what you hear in the media without scrutiny, then don't come hear telling me shiit about how I should not believe the media about your country without scrutiny.

After all of these long talks, he still goes ahead to blame the foreigners in his home country of South Africa for crimes just like the same lowly criminals that have been attacking foreigners in his country. Things like xenophobia don't have to get to the point where foreigners are physically attacked, it starts from the mind and with all due respect to you (the author), you seem to already have the same mind as those local South Africans who have attacked foreigners physically.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by skylane: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
Msauza:

my friend check againg even hw GDP has fallen amist the crisis we still experience its still twice ur own dats under no crisis,infact u guys have no power its the whites in ur land dat run all this,u guys r modern day slaves
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Adelayo111: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
SA, hmmm,. I don't think u guys realize u are inviting wat even ur so call king of Zulu will not wait to see d result, plsss pass Di's massage across to DAT parrot DAT causes all dis, DAT his dayz are Numbered #### he shud try to ask king Egibiti of those days.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Horus(m): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PeteaFdeuY

[size=15pt]Xenophobic Tendencies: Most South Africans Are Envious Of Nigerians[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by scachy(m): 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
The Nigerians employed under SA owned companies are less than 15,000 in number with 70% of them receiving peanuts as salary at the end of every month. Let MTN, DSTV, SHOPRITE, and co.leave our country, we v moneybags that ll replace their miserable space within 24hrs. U should be ashamed of ur self that DSTV and MTN has been In Nigeria for more 15yrs yet, we get nothing but epileptic service from them n u call that a company. Advise ur fellow country men to shun xenophobia attack on foreigners wether black or white, wether Nigerians or non Nigerians, they should respect d dignity of human life. The way they burnt people alive including small children that has committed no crime against ur country is so disgusting n pathetic, I couldn't even stand watching the video. This is barbaric act that should be condemned in entirety.some SA are living in other countries n they are committing social crimes there too, no country ll claim to be sanctimonious over others wen it comes to social vices n ills.the crime been perpetrated by south Africans in SA are worse than the crimes foreigners has committed cos many SA are lazy n uneducated thereby resorting to sleazy ways of making a living. What ur people has done n are still doing is very despicable n disgusting.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Samadict(f): 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
You are confused. You believed all you read and heard about us but said we shouldn't believe the videos and pictures confirming the attacks? and who told you MTN employed millions here? Nigerians aren't destroyers, we are builders, makers. Go back to the source of your employment story and ask how much MTN makes off us. I expected something better from you but wasn't too surprised. You just confirmed that you are all in this and fueling the criminals among you. Boko haram isn't new so stop the noise already. If you attack foreigners over your own laziness, I imagine what SA would do if they face a quarter of BH madness. Pack your xenophobic ass off this forum. Iranu...mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Emmahunk(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
You know, when I started reading your article, I though I was I reading from a rational human bein , little did I know that you are just one of the very scums of the Earth. Calling Nigeria and Nigerians names, I can take from anyone but not from a South African.
It's obvious that you are either too young or so daft you don't even read 'history' else you won't call a Country that spent billions of dollars to save you and your Country from the evil clutches of apartheid names.
Have you asked yourself why drug business thrives in your country. The reason is simple! Quite unlike Nigerians, your people are drug addicts.
Again, you said we lure your women into prostitution. This is a laugh because it's a known fact that just like their male counterparts, your women are lazy and could only survive through prostitution.
Stupidly, you likened Xenophobia to Boko Haram, what a shame! May I remind you that BH is an internal problem and contrary to your shallow knowledge, even the outgoing government has wiped over 75% of Boko Haram out already.
It is heart breaking that Nigeria and Nigerians have continued to play big brother to some African Countries that are better described as ungrateful.
Finally, it's important that you know that before the emergence of Shoprite and MTN in Nigeria, our people were not dying of hunger.
You can as well tell your people to remember that no one Country has the monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Curvinus(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

More idiotic than you fools? I don't think so. There's no patch, drip or pill for your own kind of stupidity.

Making intelligent commentary obviously isn't the strong point of an animal in a slave infested dungeon.

Thats why you creeps are continuously excited by the drumbeats of a xenophobic scoundrel you call your King.

Rather than coming here where obviously nobody wants to read you tripe, I suggest you stick to xenophobia you crazy south African pigs? Phaack off.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by BlackGirlsCode: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis.

I'm sure they did. Our resident chestbeaters are responsible for that.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Msauza(m): 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
989900:

Sorry to burst your bubble, 'econ 101' won't do much for you here. You need more than that to decipher the intricacies affecting the value of the Naira to the dollar, and how fluid that can be.

Oil is only 10% thereabout of Nigeria's GDP (don't confuse GDP with GOv't's. forex earnings).

Even at that, how is $450b 0.5 times of $350b?

Chief-Chief, let us do Maths.

350X0.5=175

175+350=525, so you see the figures are even high. Let say your GDP is 0.3 X bigger than SA GDP to be more accurate.

Nah!! you know that our monies and GDPs are always calculated on dollars on international platform and once our home currencies perform weak against the dollar out wealth is affected and thus our GDP. Ask Dangote how he lost his $10 billion in a short space of time. The Naira is shrinking your GDP bit by bit while your growth is escalating positively. You lose some and gain some.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by dstar01(m): 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
@Op I'm surprised you could still defend the barbaric acts that took place in ur over hyped country last week. you seem to be OK with the fact that just 7 lives were lost. xenophobia has been going on since early 2000s over and all lives lost has been put as over 70. in fact na pidgin I wan talk now...God punish you for wetin you talk about Uncle Jona. Thunder faya shoprite and MTN including multi choice and stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by BlackGirlsCode: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack [/b]into our bank accounts [b]stealing millions.

Another chestbeater traits.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
I read your composition with an open mind. No Nigerian will burn MTN or Shoprite.

What I understood from your write up is that foreigners are taking over opportunities that ordinarily, in the absence of foreigners, belongs to South Africans.

From this i can draw an analogy that your people are economically laid back. Can you offer us the population of foreigners in South Africa so we can know whether a large percentage of population of south Africa has been taken over by foreigners say more than 5% of SA population are foreigners. In that situation, will I agree with you that foreigners might be muzzling the South African population. Otherwise, I will say that you guys are lazy and want the government to do things for you, ignore your opportunities which foreigners see, and tap into to succeed in your land above your citizens.

What is the effectiveness of your police ? Here in Nigeria crime is crime, no matter who is involved whether Nigerian or foreigner. If you do drugs, there is a relevant agency who will burst you once they receive a tip off. Recently I wanted tipping off this agency to come and arrest some hemp smokers and demolish their den in my neighborhood, luckily the owner of the house in the hood has shown up and sent the touts packing. He is lucky because his property would have been a goner. This is what south Africans should do. Everyone knows that drugs and crime are sisters of same blood, so report criminals in your country to your police and other paramilitary outfits and stop killing human lives out of hate, frustration and laziness which stops you from struggling for survival..

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by macanu(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Well 4rm wht I hv seen 4rm ur write up,it shows how silly u think about killing a black african that u share d same skin colour,u say only 7 killed like it is notin to u,unknownly to u if u support d killing of anoda black man u hv invited a generational curse 4rm ur lineage,b4 I rest my case, u sound like a lazy person to me just as ur brother and sister south africans r,if foreigners r taking over ur businesses as u say just let d world know that south africans r not lazy and compete wit them

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by lordmario(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
"South Africans feel resentful of immigrants who
are seen to be depriving the native population
of jobs, a feeling which has been given
credibility by the fact that many South African
employers have employed migrants from other
countries for lower pay than South African
citizens, especially in the construction, tourism,
agriculture and domestic service industries."

With the above piece, we see that it is a problem caused by south africa for south africans. If your government have made it a mandate for business owners that at least 60-70percent of dia workforce should be for its citizens, you people will not be in dis problem and maybe u don't know, foreign investors contribute 28.6% to ur GDP. The story may be blown out of proportion by hungry bloggers but you guys should pls stop this act. Its giving south africans bad name
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by joes11(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
adegunwa4real:
Well....I see some sense in his words
what sense ar we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by BlackGirlsCode: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

B. Zimbabweans are involved in robberies and car hijackings

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

Where image of fake story about foreign child attacked by xenophobic mob comes from
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun

Fake photos misrepresent xenophobic violence
http://ewn.co.za/2015/04/17/Fake-photos-misrepresenting-xenophobic-violence

Internet boasts false images of xenophobic violence in South Africa
http://observers.france24.com/content/20150417-south-africa-durban-immigrant-xenophobic-false-photos

Thank you sir for this thread. It has enlightened me. I have done my part by looking up the facts and remaining unbiased while I read.

The media is evil and usually takes things out of proportion.

As per your claims, I have no reason to dispute you because I know how the chestbeater tribe in Nigeria exaggerate things.

i.e Taking Oba Akiolu saga and Dr. (I forgot his name) saga out of proportion.

May the gods bless Nigeria and SA so that we can continue to be prosperous.

From a Yoruba queen.

The *animal* part was unnecessary. We're all animals in nature.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by 989900: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
This has always been about Nigerians getting 'em SA poonanis.

Got myself some too back in them days in 'down under' (both colours). . . them SA ladies know better cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ozigbondu:
OP i put it to you that you are an idiot how dare you compare terrorism that is abetting to the animality displayed by your zulu.We have our own problems here but we don't blame it on foreginers.As for MTN and co if they are shut down other markets like etislat and glo will enlarge and absord the work force.

lf we could nationalize british petroleum because of some savages then we can nationalize MTN and the rest of them and resell it to those intrested in it.

That's all I have been saying. I don't know why people don't get it. Let MTN, Shop rite and DSTV go, their Nigerian competitors will simply take over and business will continue as usual. You guys should stop this "employing thousands of Nigerians bullsh*t".

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Edygrin:
Lwkm die.. I don't join issues with thieves. You sound like the obese woman that was looting shops

Lmao...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

LA County Deputy Sheriff Fired For Having Sex While On Duty (Graphic Audio) / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) / Vladimir Putin Allows ill Russian Teen To Film His ₦180b "Flying Mansion" Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.