Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria (21707 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by uboneak: 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
I think that is the difference in our societies. Here in UK, Even with a 3rd class (due to my last minute poor gambling on exams questions), I got a job in a multinational pharmaceutical just 4months after graduation last year. I had series of interviews even more than my mates with better. What helped was dat i had done a year placement (what you call industrial attachment in Nigeria) in a hospital after 2nd yr and so by graduation, i had a yr's experience. Moreover, my employers were looking for 3 main qualities. A bioscience degree holder, good communication skills and attention to details. I was able to demonstrate how i met all this in my cover letter, cv and the interview. While at uni, I worked part time in a call center so i had loads of good communication examples to give. I was able to use examples from my placement where i gave proper attention to details. This little skills helps be it from anywhere. I only pray the lord visits you soon though. It would be nice letting us know what your degree was on too..?

7 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by patlead: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:
Today i hit 1100 applications for job in Nigeria. What is the wayforward?

This means i have applying for jobs everyday for the past three years
: mathematically,
365 × 3 = 1095

Where do i get it wrong ?

I have a second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online

I have prayed & fasted for 50days this year alone.

I always asked for help from well connected friends.

I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.

I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.

I am a staunch christian who has complete trust in God.

I have been to different deliverance programme. what is my problem?

Could it be that my time as not come?

I am simply tired and optimistic.

I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.

Let your will be done in my life

Let me bring my testimony to your children here in nairaland

Let me break this jinx of stagnation and barrier oh Lord

Let people celebrate with me

I BELIEVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

I ALWAYS CRY IN MY CLOSET BUT I WONT STOP THE JOB HUNT

ANOTHER CYCLE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Volunteer somewhere for free.God will come through.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by themharcqk(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

I have a second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online

I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.

I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.

I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Create a job for yourself, must you be employed? You can be an employer. There are a thousand and one thing you can do To generate income.
A lot of us didn't even finish the university yet we are employers.

Put your skills and abilities into good use.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Don't give up.keep trying.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by upsonn(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
Its time to look inward. Look at what you can do for yourself, like a biz you can start up. My problem with school is that, she only teaches you how to look for work....shioorrrr!
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Gbengard(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
OP The Lord will raise you up helper of destiny! No matter how bad the economy of our nation is you will succeed as from today on. The rest of your life will be the best as from today.... From this hour you found yourself in favor market and not labour market! From now on grace, mercy and favour will speak for IJN because that's what you need sir.
Meanwhile my dear OP check your CV over and over again if someone haven't edit one of your hobbies to "masturbating".....

Remain Bless till God is done with you

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by ZinoFego: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
That's who you're known here, that's what you answer to. I think you should honestly change it. There is power in words...names.

IHate9ja1:

Is that the name on my certs?
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by zonax(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bro maybe it's time you stop the job hunt and start looking for how to create jobs maybe for other job hunters.
Look withing man

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by fxjones(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Did u block to get a 2:1 ? Let's start from there, I know of people who got their result using bribe, they never get a Job with it. Some do get a Job but they r never happy. Search itself.
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by AAinEqGuinea: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op, are you entering the interview process with the jobs you're interested in? If so, start critiquing yourself there.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by breakeven: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Please stop writing applications. Your distiny does not lie in paid job but in self emp!oyment. Just start doing something, anything . grin

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Dotunani(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Y not learn work..u even av moni for applications n CV...nawa oh
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by sunkymike(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Everyone is just saying work for free but even companies are not ready to accept Volunteers. I have written about 15 volunteer application letters to companies without reply. I have even gone to several companies without been able to pass the gate because I wasn't on appointment to see anyone.
So how would you suggest I go about this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Setaje(f): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
merzybenedict:

One thing you probably fail to understand is the concept of WINNING HABITS which voluntary work is part of is that it'll bring you closer to your dream and stay connected till God makes a way-out. It's not in the fact that money will be given to the OP by us.. But just advising Him to take one step at a time towards greatness.

And I ask u is there any voluntary work done in someone's house?. Wouldn't u go to an organisation? If it is not close by, would u walk or fly there? I no many voluntary organisations I can join. But leaving my house to those places is like am going to work wivout getting paid. Sorry. Things don't work that way.

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by rossi5(f): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Setaje:
Here they go again. Help yourself. Learn something. Do voluntary work. As if they will give u money for transport to go and do voluntary work or they will give u money to learn something. Tsheeeeeeeew.
my broda,as if u know,,,u just hit d nail ryt on d head..I have bin promising to start a catering lesson for some time now,even money to take deposit ma na God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by AAinEqGuinea: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Take note of the numerous suggestions to start your own business... I'd gladly echo their sentiments as well

I wish FP featured more start-up stories from entrepreneurs once in OP's position.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by horlarlorwor(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Start Laundry job.... Go to city, look for company(s) and package yourself, before u know it, you are there. Just a matter of time...
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Dbeloved1: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
Well young man..... I believe God will help you. Pls what's ur discipline/age ?.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Femistico(m): 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Is the op saying the truth or maybe he's probably lieing, how can u search for a job in a company on Saturday and Sundays..does dat make sense..its fabricated menh

buh if its true u got a crious problem nt even prob buh war battling with u..am very sorry ooo jes go and meet Tb Joshua
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Dbeloved1: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dbeloved1:

Well young man..... I believe God will help you. Pls what's ur discipline/age ?.

I'm waiting for ur response.........
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by chinkichun: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Femistico:
Is the op saying the truth or maybe he's probably lieing, how can u search for a job in a company on Saturday and Sundays..does dat make sense..its fabricated menh

buh if its true u got a crious problem nt even prob buh war battling with u..am very sorry ooo jes go and meet Tb Joshua

You don't know the meaning of "average". .. Abi?
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by micktoxin(m): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

We don't even know your target market. Which career have you been applying to?

Sir.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by otikpoko(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:

365 × 3 = 1095

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Sent you a PM.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Kevinoh: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
sunkymike:
Everyone is just saying work for free but even companies are not ready to accept Volunteers. I have written about 15 volunteer application letters to companies without reply. I have even gone to several companies without been able to pass the gate because I wasn't on appointment to see anyone.
So how would you suggest I go about this?

Don't mind them. Last time I checked talk is still cheap. So many people saying so many things like look at your inner self, bla bla bla with no one actually willing to put you through on anything in details...
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Dbeloved1: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Will the person looking for job respond to my question pls... what's ur discipline and age ?.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Bome01(m): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
p2t2r:
This one is strong..
Eleyi Gidi Gan..

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Kevinoh: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
zonax:
Bro maybe it's time you stop the job hunt and start looking for how to create jobs maybe for other job hunters.
Look withing man

Pls what are u really saying? Can a blind man lead other blind men? Lets be realistic and offer tangible solutions to the Op
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by sunkymike(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kevinoh:

Don't mind them. Last time I checked talk is still cheap. So many people saying so many things like look at your inner self, bla bla bla with no one actually willing to put you through on anything in details...
My brother I tire oo. The kind shame wey catch me that day as gatemen just dey use me shine never catch me before. After visiting the 6th company and hearing the same story over and over again, nobody tell me to go sitdown for my papa house.
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Closetoheart: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
mizzyboy007:
so because you get a lot of mails.... Then you have to ignore some...

I am sorry
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
EbolaParasite:

If there are no jobs or openings, how was the OP able to apply to One thousand jobs?
There is no way on earth the OP could have been qualified for all those openings. 1000. Na how many degrees you hold? Applying to every single opening and expecting results will get you nowhere.

His post shows the frustration of many Nigerian youths. You may be a beneficiary of government largesse hence it will be difficult for you to feel how other Nigerians feel. I don't see anything wrong in applying for any and all vacancies where you meet the basic criteria. To answer the bolded, there are jobs only when people get employed. You'll recall the fatal immigration recruitment of March 2014. By March 2015, over a million people yet again applied for that same job -means same job advertised twice without employing a soul. I know a company perpetually in the job market doing "massive recruitment" only to employ a pitiable number or cancel and repeat the exercise wasting applicant's time and money.
It is time the government look into this employment scams and stop discriminating Nigerians based on age, gender, state of origin, religion, disability etc. All these should never be a yardstick for employment, except in special circumstances.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
ZinoFego:
That's who you're known here, that's what you answer to. I think you should honestly change it. There is power in words...names.

Ok
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
If there is anyway you can lay your hands on any capital....just start up a business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MURIC Condemns FRSC For Excluding Muslim Women From Recruitment Exercise / New Job Scam Tactics In Warri / Nigerian Navy Releases List Of Successful Candidates For 2019 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.