Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,229 members, 7,842,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2989 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Of course you will remind me of your dream on my wedding day. Or won't you come?
Scatterboss:

Dey do shakara there. Will remind you.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Scatterboss(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
Of course you will remind me of your dream on my wedding day. Or won't you come?

Sure i will be there to flex with you and your Yoruba husband tongue cheesy Will remind you on that day.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Biafran, if na joke stop am angry
Scatterboss:

Sure i will be there to flex with you and your Yoruba husband tongue cheesy Will remind you on that day.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Scatterboss(m): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
Biafran, if na joke stop am angry

Biafran kor, abeggy na my Yoruba broda. You know my own woman na Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
francizy:

OP you are damn fuckny (fūcking funny).. Yoruba people have been called names? You are sentimental if you feel that the Yoruba people have been called names more than the Igbos especially if we talk based on the just concluded general elections.
I NEVER SAID THEY ARE CALLED NAMES MORE THAN ANY TRIBE.

Now let me clear you on this, a woman/lady can be bad or good and that has nothing to do with tribe, same thing for men. You can't just open up your mouth and conclude that it's the Igbos that like dating married Yoruba men. Women from every tribe date married men and it's not specifically attached to one tribe.
IT WASN'T ONLY IGBOS I MENTIONED; INTERPRET ME ACCURATELY; DESPITE THE NAME CALLING OTHER TRIBES ESPECIALLY THE IGBOS

Now you can go ahead and ask yourself what Yoruba men see in Igbo women despite tagging Igbo women as materialistic. There is this friend of mine that two of her sisters are married to Yoruba men. Now what do these guys see in the Igbo women? Ain't they scared that the Igbo women will help them get poor easily? Don't they feel like they may end up living in a parsimonious state just a few years after marriage? Or is it that these men are just naturally attracted to fair ladies? But if that is the case, then why do some still wanna date or marry the dark Igbo women? When you have answered all these questions then you may come to terms with the reasons why you guys like Igbo women.

WHEN ONE SAID THERE IS NO REASON FOR WHAT ONE DID, THAT SHOWS THAT ONE IS NOT SINCERE. YORUBA MEN HAVE REASONS FOR MARRYING IGBO LADIES.

1. JUST AS YOU RIGHTLY SAID BELOW, WE YORUBAS ARE MORE AT LIBERTY TO MARRY FROM OTHER TRIBES
2. THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU MARRY AN IGBO LADY, THE TENDENCY OF THE LADY'S PARENT TO ACCEPT HER BACK TO THEIR FAMILY IF THERE IS ANY CHALLENGE IN THE MARRIED IS VERY SLIM.
FAIR COMPLEXION IS OUT OF IT BECAUSE GOOD NUMBERS OF YORUBA LADIES ARE ALSO FAIR IN COMPLEXION

Another thing you must know is that Igbo women love Igbo men more and the stressing on the fact that Yoruba people are not restricted to marrying a particular tribe while other tribes are is just another myopic observation from someone else on this your thread. Igbos are free to marry other tribes as long as the man or woman in question is from a Christian home. So my point here is, it is only religion that can stand as a barrier between an Igbo man/woman getting married with a person from another tribe. On the other hand, what makes it seem more like the Yorubas are more free is because of the diversity in their religious practice. Eg: Yoruba people have about 53-56% Christians and about 44-47% Muslims. Now these Muslims can comfortably marry Muslims from other tribes while the Christians can comfortably marry Christians from other tribes.
MY THREAD NEVER SAID THEY DONT LOVE THEIR MEN.

I hope you are cleared and next time, don't say things you don't know because you saw just two Igbo people doing something and then you conclude all Igbo people do it. Just like the way Igbos have been tagged names like drug pushers, ritualists, criminals, fraudstars, etc, just because a few Igbo men appeared on the news.

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW, OK! EVEN YOU SAID WITH YOUR OWN MOUTH AND I QUOTE "There is this friend of mine that two of her sisters are married to Yoruba men." JUST ONE OF YOUR NUMEROUS FRIENDS, TWO OF HIS SISTERS GET MARRIED TO YORUBA MEN. WHAT MONKEY SURVEY DO I NEED AGAIN TO DRIVE MY POINT HOME? SO WHEN WILL YOU ACCEPT THAT OTHER TRIBES ESPECIALLY THE IGBOS LIKE TO MARRY YORUBA MEN? OR IS IT WHEN ALL THE IGBO LADIES ON THIS PLANET EARTH GOT MARRIED TO YORUBA MEN BEFORE YOU WILL ACCEPT?

THE REASON IS WHAT I NEED MAN DONT MISINTERPRET MY QUESTION.

I AM NOT RULING OUT THAT IGBO LADIES ARE GOOD TO MARRY, NEITHER WILL I DISAGREE THAT OTHER TRIBES ESPECIALLY THE IGBOS LIKE TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES WITH YORUBA MEN AS WIVES.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
francizy:

There is this friend of mine that two of her sisters are married to Yoruba men. Now what do these guys see in the Igbo women? Ain't they scared that the Igbo women will help them get poor easily? Don't they feel like they may end up living in a parsimonious state just a few years after marriage? Or is it that these men are just naturally attracted to fair ladies? But if that is the case, then why do some still wanna date or marry the dark Igbo women? When you have answered all these questions then you may come to terms with the reasons why you guys like Igbo women.

don't say things you don't know because you saw just two Igbo people doing something and then you conclude all Igbo people do it.

isnt that what you just did only the other way round?

Another thing you must know is that Igbo women love Igbo men more and the stressing on the fact that Yoruba people are not restricted to marrying a particular tribe while other tribes are is just another myopic observation from someone else on this your thread. Igbos are free to marry other tribes as long as the man or woman in question is from a Christian home

in Igboland, your social status is closely linked to your marriage choices (for men).

It is very pronounced there, more than in the southwest.

stop trying to twist things plz.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by auntymi(f): 12:40am On Apr 26, 2015
ȘτΘરϓ ʃΘર ɖ ĢΘɖȘ
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 12:44am On Apr 26, 2015
auntymi:
ȘτΘરϓ ʃΘર ɖ ĢΘɖȘ
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Love Her But She's A Flirt. / Guys Will you Accept This As A Mistake From Your Girl(snapshot) / What Is The Meaning Of "Oturu Kpeke"? 18+ Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.