Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2973 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially From The Ibos Like To Date/Marry Yoruba Men?

I always ask myself this question yet I’ve not gotten a convincing answer. Good numbers of these tribes are fond of calling the Yorubas names but the same set of people will still see their daughters/sisters going out with a Yoruba guy and refused to raise objection. Many even allow their daughters/sisters to marry the yorubas.

Is there anything hidden in these people (the Yorubas) that still motivate these tribes to marry them despite their yorubas are these, yorubas are that attitude?

Please, I want you (Nairalanders) to help me out.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by falconey(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
yoruba men are the best hubby.

69.63% of them are educated,goodlooking.rich and above all GOOD IN BED!

E.g on nairaland;
Tosyne2much
Kingtom
Buygala
S.E.U.N.
cool
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
The man below me has something to say..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kinibigdeal(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Your topic is not subjective but objective

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Princessderaa(f): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
op you are the liar of the century.

Igbos hardly marry youruba people

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by hefty4real(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nice question! But I think Biafranqueen would be in the best position to answer u
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yourba Men!!!
This is actually the first time I am hearing this, even Yoruba women pray for an ibo guy
IBO men by default are very romantic and caring o! OP get your facts right

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kelvyn7: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
falconey:

E.g on nairaland;
Tosyne2much
Kingtom
Buygala
S.E.U.N.
cool

GOOD IN BED?? shocked
hmmmmmn... how did u knw they are good in bed? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
poster over to you.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Eyepencil: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
sexyseun:
Yourba Men!!!
This is actually the first time I am hearing this, even Yoruba women pray for an ibo guy
The only reasonable comment you have made for a very long time. cool
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:

Is there anything hidden in these people (the Yorubas) that still motivate these tribes to marry them despite their yorubas are these, yorubas are that attitude?

Please, I want you (Nairalanders) to help me out.

there is nothing hidden there.

as I pointed out before, yorubas are the easiest tribe to marry from in Nigeria, compared to other ethnicities who are stricter when it comes to weighing public opinion against your marriage choices.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Eyepencil: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by missKiffy(f): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Princessderaa:
op you are the liar of the century.

Igbos hardly marry youruba people
Wrong, igbos do marry yoruba people or should I say yoruba people marry igbos, anyway they do marry each other
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by smvinreal(f): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yoruba Men are Just the best #my view#
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by frodobee: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
What do you mean by Ibos?
Are there other tribes and what is your order of affinity?
Any stats?

How about a question like this: why do my people(men from my tribe) like to marry people(women from other tribes) from other tribes esp. ...? This question I think is right unless women marry men where you from.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
frodobee:
What do you mean by Ibos?
Are there other tribes and what is your order of affinity?
Any stats?

How about a question like this: why do my people(men from my tribe) like to marry people(women from other tribes) from other tribes esp. ...? This question I think is right unless women marry men where you from.

IF YOU UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION VERY WELL AND YOU ARE FREQUENT ON THIS NAIRALAND YOU WILL NOTICE THAT THE WAY YORUBAS ARE BEING CALLED NAMES HERE, YOU WILL EXPECT THAT THESE TRIBES WOULD GO AT ANY LENGTH TO MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE ANY BLOOD MIXED UP WITH YORUBA BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE; SO WHAT IS THE REASON?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
bro how many reasons do you want?

I just gave you the breakdown.

with Igbos for example, your choice of wife is closely tied to your social standing and esteem in the community. Its not like that for Yorubas, they can marry from anywhere and it wont necessarily affect how they are viewed (the wife is always considered the outsider no matter what). Save in specific instances.

In this respect, Yoruba culture is aligned with the western one which also does not penalize outside marriages.

so, dating and marrying Yoruba has less hassle compared to attempting to do so with other tribes. The man does not have to consider the marriage affecting his social status or not.

all this is generally speaking.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
geography | distance | proximity - whatever you call it. you are most likely to marry people close to you. most igbos and yorubas marry within their tribes.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
sexyseun:
Yourba Men!!!

SORRY O, ARE YOU FROM THE MARS? EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IBO AND YORUBA INTER-MARRY FREQUENTLY THAN ANY OTHER TRIBES.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Chizzy20(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
hmm..op u sure u did ur research well...
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by daveP(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Because the younger generation see less of the inter tribal restrictions by prior generations

its not limited to one tribe. What the oldies put up as "platinum" may not be seen as "brass" after viewed from another angle.

Its one of the factors that has been trailing and ending, burying some cultural practices that once were held high( both +ve and -ve; im against the -ve)

if this barrier falls( which im sure it will gradually as the berlin wall fell), the objective of a united people would speed up by 45% in all ramifications (drops marker)

now im not here to say it is THE only way, but its one of the ways. Weigh on scales and find what's "wanting"

Gracias
(concerto music played@ the beginning of movies plays)
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
There is nothing to weigh and nothing to find.

Yoruba men are easy to marry, fact.

Like I said, it resembles western attitudes to marriage.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Women don't marry men...reverse is the case. hence, your question wasn't rightly projected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pelmet:
Women don't marry men...reverse is the case. hence, your question wasn't rightly projected

OK, WHY DO THEY ACCEPT YORUBA MEN TO DATE/MARRY THEM DESPITE THE OBSERVATION STATED IN THE MAIN POST.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by KingTom(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2015
falconey:

E.g on nairaland;
Tosy ne2much
Kingt om
Buyg ala
S.E.U.N.
cool
I no fine, I no rich, I no go school, but I be Bull for bedroom grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by SuperSuave(m): 3:22am On Apr 25, 2015
Youruba....igbo....*thinking*
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 25, 2015
mightycrown1:

OK, WHY DO THEY ACCEPT YORUBA MEN TO DATE/MARRY THEM DESPITE THE OBSERVATION STATED IN THE MAIN POST.
people are more Intelligent now...they look beyond tribe. I think the tribal bashing going on here is between Yoruba men and igbo men mostly and it Could be attributed to the fact that this is "online" or that yoruba men are now marrying igbo women and vice Versa isn't happening. But generally, they don't bash like that in real life...people marry for other major reasons noy tribe anymore.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by francizy(m): 5:33am On Apr 25, 2015
mightycrown1:

IF YOU UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION VERY WELL AND YOU ARE FREQUENT ON THIS NAIRALAND YOU WILL NOTICE THAT THE WAY YORUBAS ARE BEING CALLED NAMES HERE, YOU WILL EXPECT THAT THESE TRIBES WOULD GO AT ANY LENGTH TO MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE ANY BLOOD MIXED UP WITH YORUBA BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE; SO WHAT IS THE REASON?

OP you are damn fuckny (fūcking funny).. Yoruba people have been called names? You are sentimental if you feel that the Yoruba people have been called names more than the Igbos especially if we talk based on the just concluded general elections.

Now let me clear you on this, a woman/lady can be bad or good and that has nothing to do with tribe, same thing for men. You can't just open up your mouth and conclude that it's the Igbos that like dating married Yoruba men. Women from every tribe date married men and it's not specifically attached to one tribe.

Now you can go ahead and ask yourself what Yoruba men see in Igbo women despite tagging Igbo women as materialistic. There is this friend of mine that two of her sisters are married to Yoruba men. Now what do these guys see in the Igbo women? Ain't they scared that the Igbo women will help them get poor easily? Don't they feel like they may end up living in a parsimonious state just a few years after marriage? Or is it that these men are just naturally attracted to fair ladies? But if that is the case, then why do some still wanna date or marry the dark Igbo women? When you have answered all these questions then you may come to terms with the reasons why you guys like Igbo women.

Another thing you must know is that Igbo women love Igbo men more and the stressing on the fact that Yoruba people are not restricted to marrying a particular tribe while other tribes are is just another myopic observation from someone else on this your thread. Igbos are free to marry other tribes as long as the man or woman in question is from a Christian home. So my point here is, it is only religion that can stand as a barrier between an Igbo man/woman getting married with a person from another tribe. On the other hand, what makes it seem more like the Yorubas are more free is because of the diversity in their religious practice. Eg: Yoruba people have about 53-56% Christians and about 44-47% Muslims. Now these Muslims can comfortably marry Muslims from other tribes while the Christians can comfortably marry Christians from other tribes.

I hope you are cleared and next time, don't say things you don't know because you saw just two Igbo people doing something and then you conclude all Igbo people do it. Just like the way Igbos have been tagged names like drug pushers, ritualists, criminals, fraudstars, etc, just because a few Igbo men appeared on the news.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2015
GBAM!

I met a yoruba girl back then in school who was so happy to be dating an IGBO guy.
When I got to know he is the only son and from .................Anambra...I had to tell my girl the truth!
Don't ask me what it is,you know smiley

sexyseun:
Yourba Men!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Scatterboss(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
GBAM!

I met a yoruba girl back then in school who was so happy to be dating an IGBO guy.
When I got to know he is the only son and from .................Anambra...I had to tell my girl the truth!
Don't ask me what it is,you know smiley

Hmmmmm. You wey be say na Yoruba man you go still marry. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Naaaaaaa!
Scatterboss:

Hmmmmm. You wey be say na Yoruba man you go still marry. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Scatterboss(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
Naaaaaaa!

Dey do shakara there. Will remind you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

(pix) See This Wicked Reply From A Gal To Her Boyfriend / I Love Her But She's A Flirt. / Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.