Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,300 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (42143 Views)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by millionaireman: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
blym:
Obasanjo victorious atlas

A phyrric victory - if Obssanjo still has sense.

Here Obssanjo talked about SW and SE regions getting autonomy from Britain when the northern region was refusing autonomy.
But where are those autonomies now?

After independence, the SW, SE, and northern regions had regional governments, until Ironsi brought a closer and mild form of unitary government.

But after Ironsi, north ballooned the unitary government system, such that all those autonomies the SW and SE fought hard to obtain before and after independence, are now denied them by Nigeria through a 1999 constitution - a constitution supervused by northern soldiers for unitary government which gives north over -dominance of Nigeria's political process, as well as takes most of Nigeria's revenues to north.

Obssanjo pursues what interests him only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Reference(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
Btw, elections have come and gone.
OBJ according to his fans have won.
It's buhari and OBJ's time now to give Nigerians the change that GEJ couldn't give them.
Time melts away every form of propaganda and grandiose delusion.
I wish them luck.

Weeks after the election they still won't let it go. Shows it wasn't about the country. It was about the man. For the country is now yours but you still won't let go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Kay25(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pdp failed while obasanjo is alive and he is happy busy going about talking nonsense if gej is clueless who brought him there??is he is not the one father of cluelessness mtchew him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by openmine(m): 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
onatisi:
Obj only confirmed what many of us had suspected happened . Gej sacrificed his political ambition for the sake of peace ane unity. Pdp members wanted gej to contest the election at the tribunal and many other things like that which would have had disastrous consequences because of the reaction of a particular section of the country. That phone call from gej to gmb conceding defeat and congratulating gmb brought nigeria back from the brink of a potential disintegrating chaos. Welldone Mr President, You have done very well.
SECONDED!! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Emperorone(m): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
idiot
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Angel1977: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
For God's sake, is OBJ the only former head of state of Nigeria? Can you see the role Abdulsalami, Gowon, Shagari, IBB played in the course of these elections, especially Abdulsalami?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by M4gunners: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ah so dis man no won go back to Ota farm and live Jonathan alone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by DInvertedHammer: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
/
OBJ was equally as bad, if not worse than GEJ.

GEJ's biggest problem was lack of the ability to take a decision on issues of National importance.

He spend most of his tenure wishing problems away instead of tackling them.

Who does that?

\

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by 1stola: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
so y r u posting pics of Ur elder sister on nairaland? I just day pity u cos Na only breeze I go just blow u u go just fly
What da fùck
Are you blind?
That's you SILLY angry
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by emmasege: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Angel1977:
For the sake of the Office that GEJ occupied, which OBJ himself occupied at sometime, for the sake of our national pride as Nigerians, I think it is about time OBJ is called to order. In spite of their fierce contest, even GEJ and GMB did not throw personal attacks at each other before, during and after the elections, there has been this mutual respect for each other. Why this endless desecration of the exalted Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Is OBJ jealous of the name that GEJ has made for himself by peacefully conceding rather than trying to use unconstitutional means to perpetuate himself in power like trying to manipulate the populace for a 3rd term, like he OBJ did? We have not forgotten his infamous attempt at getting a third term . . . .
Thumb up for you! This is what every sane Nigerian should be telling the shameless old man who thinks he can make himself the Mandela of Nigeria. For ur information OBJ, Jonathan towers a thousand times above you & he'll forever be remembered not only in Nigeria but in the entire continent.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Rotimi47: 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Angel1977:
For the sake of the Office that GEJ occupied, which OBJ himself occupied at sometime, for the sake of our national pride as Nigerians, I think it is about time OBJ is called to order. In spite of their fierce contest, even GEJ and GMB did not throw personal attacks at each other before, during and after the elections, there has been this mutual respect for each other. Why this endless desecration of the exalted Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Is OBJ jealous of the name that GEJ has made for himself by peacefully conceding rather than trying to use unconstitutional means to perpetuate himself in power like trying to manipulate the populace for a 3rd term, like he OBJ did? We have not forgotten his infamous attempt at getting a third term . . . .
who is more respected among OBJ & Gej worldwide? Its definitely OBJ so there ain't room for comparison as the little respect Gej have is as a result of him accepting the election result & nothing else! He has even stated losing it with what his wife did in Rivers state; if he doesn't bukkle up & restrain his wife & his trabalist nature; he may lose the respect he has left. I use to like Gej & supported him a lot in his first year as President but his tribalist & incompetence made me think otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Angel1977:

The shameless oldman is clearly jealous. GEJ just keeps winning him all over even when it seems GEJ has lost. He just can't fathom GEJ so it kills him inside. The useless Nigerians who applaud him for making these unpatriotic and haywireric statements forget he is desicrating our national pride. If you point a finger @ someone else, your remaining fingers are pointed @ you.
I know what is disturbing the old man, everytime that spirit visits him for having carnal knowledge of his sons wife, he goes shamelessly from normal to abnormal.

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by mykemiley(f): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:
This is obvious na.

GEJ was no even competent enough to be a local govt chairman. . not to mention President. So, clearly, he was NO LEADER for Africa. The clown didn't even know about the Morocco scandal until Wole Soyinka told him. The clown had to go begging Chad and Niger to fight Boko Haram for him.

Together with Jacob Zuma, they were a pathetic duo (In stark contrast to the AFRICAN LEADERSHIP of the Obj-Mbeki duo)

Good riddance!
Ewu...ein bin dey wait 4 ur useless fada nd moda 2 cum tell am...pig wey no get sense...get brain fast..
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anonimi: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
When will this agbaya useless old man get sense

Instead of thanking God and IBB for bringing him out of prison to make him president e dey get mouth spoil person wey BETTER pass am sad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2331885_cddqs62ueaehuqd_jpeg63c3f598bfea631e9acf4f670ff572cb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2331886_obj1_jpeg56832f58bdbb26f9d997068fa0a25bf4

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by vislabraye(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
We were taught back in school that old ppl r full of wisdom. And that their words r well scrutinized before being spoken... But, today I question the veracity of those words

I think the speak like motor park touts...
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by volcanoash(f): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Baba, many countries in africa will be happy after you die this year.

3 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jascon1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
1stola:

What da fùck
Are you blind?
That's you SILLY angry
my guy abeg go outside!!! Ur body odor is depleting our ozone layer here
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stephmike(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:
This is obvious na.

GEJ was no even competent enough to be a local govt chairman. . not to mention President. So, clearly, he was NO LEADER for Africa. The clown didn't even know about the Morocco scandal until Wole Soyinka told him. The clown had to go begging Chad and Niger to fight Boko Haram for him.

Together with Jacob Zuma, they were a pathetic duo (In stark contrast to the AFRICAN LEADERSHIP of the Obj-Mbeki duo)

Good riddance!
. it's quiet clear dt OBJ is an animal, why will man happy over some1 downfall.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by NobleG1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Does ugly baboon obasanjo think Africa was happy when he was president?

- an I*diot who hunted down all his opponents and killed many.
- looted the treasury with impunity (was president and also the oil minister).
- illegally tried to change laws to become a life president.
- he was an authoritarian in a "democracy".
- a fool who allowed the creation of sharia law (a country can't have two laws).
- Boko Haram started under him.
- he ordered soldiers to slaughter a whole village (Odi massacre).
- he also ordered another massacre in Zaki Biam.
- pipeline vandalism started under him.
- Iyabo Obasanjo said that her father is ‘a liar, manipulator, hypocrite’. 
- this same I*diot slept with his son's (Gbanga) wife.
- he abandoned his six children.
- he is the one that locked funds of a federating state.
- he left a legacy of massive electoral corruption in the country.
- he murdered his own Minister ofJustice, Chief Bola Ige.
- he destroyed businesses of those who questioned or opposed him.
- his squabble with his deputy, Atiku Abubakar, made nonsense of governance.
- he is the one under whose presidency the PDP had a faction.
- he rigged all his elections during his tenure using government security agencies. It was a do or die affair for him.
- Obasanjo was the most tribalist leader in the history of Nigeria.
- he built all the power stations during his tenure in his village and the immediate surrounding.
- he pursued a scotch earth policy against Eastern Nigeria and didn't allow federal investments in Eastern Nigeria during his term.
- he was one of those corrupt Army Generals who were scheduled to be retired because of massive corruption before the Dimka coup.

Jonathan isn't a good leader but he's a Saint compared to Obasanjo. Obasanjo was the most dangerous and disastrous failure we ever had as a president. And he's still destroying this country today. He belongs in prison.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Welrez(m): 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
foura:
you should know that obj was addressing a group of people that are also happy that GEJ lost infact i am happy too,GEJ said all is well with NNPC but NNPC is paying back part of the missing money today,truelly stealing is not corruption

Nobody stops you and your ilk from being happy. I just wish you and your kindred can retrieve your brains detained in the past to face the present. The days of writing and launching a book in the heat of elections and producing bogus corruption figures are gone, for it is completed. The past is too heavy for your delicate hearts! Move on.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Cityguy: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
He should say he 'carried' his happiness over Jonathan's exit to those six countries rather than that they were happy. We all know GEJ was no threat to any African country. Agbalagba o kin sa langba-langba kiri. Baba, respect yourself pls.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
stephmike:
. it's quiet clear dt OBJ is an animal, why will man happy over some1 downfall.

Ah good question. Simple answer! GEJ's political downfall = Nigeria's survival!

GEJ's incompetency was going to kill Nigeria if he stayed one extra day in office!

You see why Africa is happy? I just gave you the answer free of charge. Oya tell me thank you. smiley smiley smiley
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by doctokwus: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
You are a lunatic.
So GEJ is a prime candidate for the ICC because his govt was plagued with terrorism-a rising global concern?
OBJ the monster who carried out the genocidal slaughter of Nigerians in odi and zaki ibiam is your model of a true leader who should be knighted.
You deserve 10 years working the russian mines of siberia ,and that is after a full brain surgery.
U are an slowpoke for trying to engage your imbecilic brain in a discourse that is far beyond your capacity.
Do u know what led to the invasion of odi and zaki ibiam.
Under the watch of your utterly incompetent god,gej about 77 dss/military/policemen where murdered in nassarawa in cold blood and their families are yet to get their due service gratuities,talkless of explanation on what led to their deaths.
Under d watch of the fisherman,his wife,explicitly encouraged and fuelled violence in her own community!
Under d watch of the same fisherman,political assasinations reached freightening heights.
I could go on and on.
U are a sick soul to ever compare loss of lives of innocent,defenceless civilians by BH to that of armed indigenes of a community who murdered members of the armed forces engaged in their legitimate duties,eventhough the jury is still out on if excessive force was applied in trying to revenge their deaths.
Get out of my face and go continue licking the ar se of the most incompetent individual that would ever rule Nigeria.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Sajio(m): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what one must commend OBJ's tenacity in saying the truth and daring the consequences once he holds unto an ideal.
Very few leaders in the world would come out and say they made a mistake in their imposition of a ruler(though fostered too by circumstances), and would go the full hog to reverse that mistake.
At a point in time before the elections one could perceive that for OBJ ensuring that GEJ does not return to totally wreck Nigeria, was one battle he was ready to give his life for.
I think OBJ was one of those who used his vast international influence to ensure that the major foreign powers openly spoke out,warning GEJ of dire consequences of derailing the process leading to the elections and interfering with the outcome once his loss was all but confirmed.
Baba well done. U are indeed a true statesman.
..... politically, Gej has broken Obj wings hence his joy. but one thing is sure, Sure made Obj irrelevant had not choice but to join his enemy which and I know he's not happy with... Obj did not get what he wanted and won't see none in buhari's Government too. Gej remains my best ever president.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by DesChyko: 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what one must commend OBJ's tenacity in saying the truth and daring the consequences once he holds unto an ideal.
Very few leaders in the world would come out and say they made a mistake in their imposition of a ruler(though fostered too by circumstances), and would go the full hog to reverse that mistake.
At a point in time before the elections one could perceive that for OBJ ensuring that GEJ does not return to totally wreck Nigeria, was one battle he was ready to give his life for.
I think OBJ was one of those who used his vast international influence to ensure that the major foreign powers openly spoke out,warning GEJ of dire consequences of derailing the process leading to the elections and interfering with the outcome once his loss was all but confirmed.

Smart opinion.
Now answer this: What is the relevance of this comment by Obasanjo, doctor?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
millionaireman:

It seems Obssanjo wants to set Nigeria ablaze before he finally departs.
He said he fought for Nigeria's unity, but it seems that since Nigerians denied him Third Term in office, he lost faith in Nigeria, hence his endless inciting statements.

His body language, words and action says it all. He will soon be disgraced permanently.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
mykemiley:
Ewu...ein bin dey wait 4 ur useless fada nd moda 2 cum tell am...pig wey no get sense...get brain fast..

Wait, they now allow prostittutes on Nairaland? Oya your customer is waiting for you ehn? Do am well well o.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
We were taught back in school that old ppl r full of wisdom. And that their words r well scrutinized before being spoken... But, today I question the veracity of those words
...where are you while GEJ was insulting OBJ?I am sure you are in Nigeria...
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by doctokwus: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
DesChyko:

Smart opinion.
Now answer this: What is the relevance of this comment by Obasanjo, doctor?
Sorry I don't understand the question.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by smileyz16(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nerilove(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:
This is obvious na.

Good riddance!
I Really pity the breast that gave U suck. GEJ is not competent and he was choosen by d general. The general talked about the election been free and fair but During his time is the election free and fair? If U don't know, UN is proposing to give him(GEJ)an executive position. Tell urself the hometruth. The general who instigated rigging is now calling pot black. Don't worry, Buhari will gv him his position when time comes. Mtcheew!
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by DesChyko: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:

Sorry I don't understand the question.

Okay doctor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Akintola Williams The Accountant: Biography, Dapper At 99 / Where Are They? Five Most Powerful Persons Of The Buhari Era / Obasanjo Enforces COVID-19 Protocols At The Burial Of Florence Adenekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.