Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (42145 Views)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by pure2012soul(m): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2015
CSTR2:
A true statesman that wasted billions of dollars on power and kept hundreds of Nigeria's millions for supposed "safe-keeping".
You are a clown.
He thought we have forgotten his 3rd term agenda. If not for our woeful short memories, who would degrade himself by calling obj a statesman?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by ladej(m): 5:51am On Apr 25, 2015
Obj

Spiteful since the resurrection of christ!
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by drnoel: 6:12am On Apr 25, 2015
jascon1:
We were taught back in school that old ppl r full of wisdom. And that their words r well scrutinized before being spoken... But, today I question the veracity of those words

U 4get some old people get senile in their old age

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nagoma(m): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2015
specco:
This man is too petty. And he is full of envy having seen the handwriting on the wall. Very soon Gej will replace you as the Nigerian nay African statesman, having made a name for himself as a champion of demacracy and the world would no more have need of you to deliver lectures and give talks on democracy.Very soon it'll hit you like a thunderbolt and you would just pale into insignificance. You cant cover the moon with your hands, its impossible. Gej is still rising.

The axis of evil. May they never have influence in our affairs again. Amen.

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Obasanjo is a confirmed idiiot.

Gbam.

ladej:
Obj
Spiteful since the resurrection of christ!

The old cargo is known for stabbing people close to him at the back anytime they have difference with him. He is not an honourable man.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by ledaman: 6:45am On Apr 25, 2015
PDP is dead and buried for life
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Rexyl(m): 7:35am On Apr 25, 2015
ledaman:
PDP is dead and buried for life

But it wasn't by surprise that spirit of d dead PDP resurrected in APC. Everyone knows that this change is unarguable. Obj was just the umpire that coordinated the transition. Nigerians will always react as different parties of the same beginning roll over the same deficit over the years.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by wanimo: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2015
Obasanjo should let Nigeria and Nigerians be. I thought he said he has retired from politics. He is a useless Dog that goes back to his poo and vomit. He should just die so we can have peace.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by wanimo: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2015
onatisi:
Obj only confirmed what many of us had suspected happened . Gej sacrificed his political ambition and position for the sake of peace and unity of nigeria. Pdp members wanted gej to contest the election at the tribunal and many other things like that, which would have had disastrous consequences because of the reaction of a particular section of the country. That phone call from gej to gmb conceding defeat and congratulating gmb brought nigeria back from the brink of a potential disintegrating chaos. Welldone Mr President, You have done very well.
After May 29.... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by bennybaba(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2015
Believe anytin this oldman says nd b condemned to eternal damnation....no wonder africa is stil backward, why use a renowned election rigger, a war criminal(odi massacre) as a chief election observer.#i pity Africa
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Ellashow: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2015
Igwe9:
Obasonjo has lost touch of reality, I am still waiting for his purported snipers.

At old age one is still lying, could you imagine when this lie started and up till this day, no stopping.

Kids lie out of fear of being punished but what would be that of elders that tell lies?
nothing but to ferment trouble.

Baba wasn't lying o.
When GEJ lost the election, come and see how Obasanjo was been congratulated as if he was the one who won the election in Abeokuta. Had it been GEJ won, I'm sure Obasanjo would have went on exile. GEJ ready to take Baba to the cleaners because a lot of people close to GEJ and also loyal to Baba had really warned him before the election. It's fact, take it or discard it
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2015
wanimo:
After May 29.... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
funny guy
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by ladej(m): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2015
onatisi:
I am not a fan of obj ,but I think he was quoted out of context and the press actually twisted his words .
he's been quoted out of context for the last 60 years !
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2015
ladej:
he's been quoted out of context for the last 60 years !
actually he has a very big mouth which he finds difficult to control just like his libido ,that is why he talks too much at times without reasoning ,thereby giving the press an easy avenue to twist his words
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by preciouschiomy: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2015
Foolish old man
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Mmayor(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2015
stronger:
This is obvious na.

GEJ was no even competent enough to be a local govt chairman. . not to mention President. So, clearly, he was NO LEADER for Africa. The clown didn't even know about the Morocco scandal until Wole Soyinka told him. The clown had to go begging Chad and Niger to fight Boko Haram for him.

Together with Jacob Zuma, they were a pathetic duo (In stark contrast to the AFRICAN LEADERSHIP of the Obj-Mbeki duo)

Good riddance!

This same Obasanjo? are you suffering from severe memory loss or you need history lessons?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 11:45am On Apr 25, 2015
Mmayor:

This same Obasanjo? are you suffering from severe memory loss or you need history lessons?

Actually, I am not a fan of Obasanjo. I actually despise his presidency. You can say many things about him but you can't deny his African leadership role. Just like you can say many things about Abacha but his work with ECOMOG and peace-keeping missions in west africa was fantastic. That's what I was focusing on. Leadership skills that GEJ lacked.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by chernest2002: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Obj is shameless after planning to spill innocent blood just for election and our gentle and loving president allow them have their way even with all their rigging just to make sure that no Nigerian life was lost,this Old foolish demon is still going around trying to instigate hatred among Nigerias,is it not time he goes to hell? We i trust gmb to bring this Old demon to book and let him start his journey to hell sooner.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Mmayor(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
stronger:

Actually, I am not a fan of Obasanjo. I actually despise his presidency. You can say many things about him but you can't deny his African leadership role. Just like you can say many things about Abacha but his work with ECOMOG and peace-keeping missions in west africa was fantastic. That's what I was focusing on. Leadership skills that GEJ lacked.

GEJ is like the only president we've had after shagari without military history, there's something about these retired generals you know? it's not easy going against the powers that be in this country especially when you've got no spine. I think he should have taken a firmer stand on corruption though and book haram too if that's where you're heading to.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nerilove(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
stronger:

I just wasted 2 minutes highlighting your grammatical errors. If you paid attention in school rather than learning sewage disposal and chasing prostittutes, this should not have happened!

Now run along and go do your english assignments and your chores, okay?
do I need to answer u, seems u are new to social media and other uses of abbreviation in chatting. I really pity that breast that gave u suck. Ur own illiteracy is so stack. Dont divert the topic rather stick to d point. Hmmm
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by olagold65: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
THE BOLD WOULD SUCCED BETTER THAN THE HESITANT,friend,parent,political godfather whichever his btw ( Gej and Obj) is time for baba to forget the past and let us move forward either African are happy abut outcome of our election is not matter now,but hw incomng Governmnt will succed has every common man pray for,baba ( o b j ) the time is now u redirect ur sword to rebuild ur platform that made you president for 8 years Man shall be recor with there lines of success but not whom they destroy,Great mind have purpose,other have wish,I we personally appreciate you the more if you can bring us new PDP or new party strong to challg ths APC so we can have Good democratic system in nigeria like. U. S,thanks God bless
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Eluwilussit(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
juman:

Gbam.

The old cargo is known for stabbing people close to him at the back anytime they have difference with him. He is not an honourable man.

You are right. The man is the most dishonest and dishonourable elder statesman in Nigeria. Sometimes I wonder why we accord him so much respect. He's a dirty man, inside and outside. No morals.

He has forgotten how Abacha treated him like a common farm rat. Now he plays god to Jona. Shameless randy goat.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Drone007: 11:14am On Apr 26, 2015
Novaworld:
Former president, Olusegun obasanjo, on Thursday said countries across the african continent are happy over the outcome of the presidential election in Nigeria, which saw the defeat of incumbent president Goodluck jonathan.

Mr. obasanjo said his checks in a number of african countries suggested they were as happy over the result of the election as majority of Nigerians are.

He referred to president Goodluck jonathan as a moving train who was providentially stopped from collapsing Nigeria.
“I have visited six countries since the election, they are as happy about the results as we are in Nigeria. It is good not only for Nigeria, it is good for Africa and I believe it is good for the world.”

Mr. obasanjo, who led the african Union Observation Mission to the April 2015 General Election in Sudan, spoke on Thursday at a Washington DC event.

The former president described Nigeria as a country that obsessively plays “a dangerous game of moving close to the precipice”.

He said the country came close to disintegration in the run-up to the 2015 elections but switched swiftly to the path of redemption after the polls.

“I hope we will not fall over one of these days,” he said.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

Describing his role in the election as that of a person standing on the track of a moving train, the former president said during the countdown to the elections, he faced the option of “jumping off” the tracks or “be crushed” if the train did not providentially get “derailed and stop.”

He said he did not jump and was not crushed adding that “at every stage, there must be leaders imbued with sufficient courage and will to stand firm when you have to stand firm.”

He described the results of the elections as what Nigerians “deserve” though some Nigerians “did not want it”.

Mr. obasanjo was the featured speaker at the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) event titled What is Right with Africa: Reframing Africa’s Leadership Challenges.

He made these remarks in response to a question by Princeton Lyman, a former ambassador to Nigeria.

Mr. obasanjo observed that Nigeria’s tendency to flirt with near-death experiences stretches back to colonial times when it almost cost the country the chance of gaining political independence from Britain.

Recalling colonial-era disagreements over self-rule, the former president said at a stage, advocates of self-rule from the Eastern and Western Regions decided to “let the North go” since their leaders were reluctant to accept regional autonomy back then.

“But reason prevailed,” he said, “East and West got internal autonomy in 1957, North got same in 1959 and the whole country got independence in 1960.”

Listing the 1964 post-election violence in the south west and the 1966 coup d’etats which led to “pogrom and civil war” as other self-destructive phases in the country’s history, the former president remarked that Nigeria emerged from all of these as “one entity” in spite of contrarian speculations.

“Not only did we survive the civil war but, within nine years, somebody from the rebel side, as we called them, and somebody from the vandal side, as they called us, became president and vice-president of Nigeria. Not many countries achieve that,” he said.

president obasanjo described the 2015 election as “almost in the same category” as other near-death experiences in Nigeria’s history.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

“I think we are now building institutions that can withstand what we may see as danger to good governance in Africa. The election has moved Nigeria one very important step up in our democratic dispensation, process and practice.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181970-african-countries-happy-over-president-jonathans-defeat-obasanjo.html

OBASANJO, CIA'S AGENT 199 (AND THE CIA'S BEST AFRICAN SPY) SINCE 1998!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why / Meet Akintola Williams The Accountant: Biography, Dapper At 99 / Obasanjo Enforces COVID-19 Protocols At The Burial Of Florence Adenekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.