Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196750 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omenka(m): 12:20pm On May 02, 2015
rawpadgin:
pacquiao's boat
mayweather is too pompous
Humility or otherwise, has nothing to do with one's prowess when it comes to boxing.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

The video clear show that many refused 14 days test before fight, he said he wanted 24 days and I gave the link below.

Bro analyse boxing, this is an over flogged issue and its a thing of the past now or are we not having the fight any more?

And was it confirmed he used drugs as you implied?

You brought it up and its part of boxing.. I already contributed my part discussing boxing..just needed to filter half truths...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 02, 2015
Mayweather will likely win, I give him 75% chance. Boxing is a game for black men...We are naturally stronger than them physically...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Ishilove: 12:22pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
I'm putting my money on Mayweather.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:23pm On May 02, 2015
omenka:
Humility or otherwise, has nothing to do with one's prowess when it comes to boxing.

He's not just humble, he's an humble fighter who isn't afraid of defeat unlike may weather who runs from those likely to beat him.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Mufasa27(m): 12:23pm On May 02, 2015
Money or Manny
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 02, 2015
My bucks on Pacmania
He throws more hits in right areas
Dude is very Humble
Dude rarely fumbles
Dude is jack of all trades
Dude is naturally genius made
Dude sings, plays basketball and fights too
Dude donates 1 million pesos to Filipinos when he has a fight
Dude always smile, hmm kinda right
Mayweather gonna taste his first defeat in May
Las Vegas is his home and he's gonna be beaten in Las Vegas

#TeamPacquiao
#TeamPacmania
#TeamPacman

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 02, 2015
rawpadgin:
pacquiao's boat mayweather is too pompous

Pompousity is an integral part of the game.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

And was it confirmed he used drugs as you implied?

You brought it up and its part of boxing.. I already contributed my part discussing boxing..just needed to filter half truths...

If he doesn't have anything to hide, he would have agree to 14 days blood test prior to fight and not insist on 24 days. Mayweather won't risk his unbeaten run against such person, once all terms are met we have the fight. Now lets enjoy it!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bobcharly(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2015
my bet is on Mayweather
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by tunde1200(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2015
my best sport so far...

mayweather all the best...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by ChappyChase: 12:27pm On May 02, 2015
Mannie "Packman" for sure!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by BUGOFF(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2015
omonnakoda:

In Jesus name you pray
lol. wickid guy. So, how are u guys watching d fight 2moro?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Lifebender(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

I got knocked out during an amateur fight.

3 rounds, only 150 pounds for the winner.

Woke up concussed and realised that I was risking my life for nothing.

About the fight, Manny is old and a politician and a basketballer.

Floyd can smell victory cos like like Anthony Joshua, he picks fights he can never lose.

Pac lost to Marquez and then got beat by Tim Bradley. Granted Pac came back strong in the rubber, but it already obvious that we're looking at a great in decline

Plus Kennny Bayless is the ref...That's like having two floyds in the ring. grin

hey man,the lost to Bradley is debateable,u and i know pacman should've won that first fight which he did in the secon.

Mayweather is defensive style is paying for him,47 unbeating run,26 KO.Thats preaty scary.But we ought to rem this is pacman not oscar,marquez,cotto or marquez.

Moneyman has got the defense and accuracy,pacman has got the power and speed.I know mayweather will win if its on point but i'd like pacman to win on KO.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

If he doesn't have anything to hide, he would have agree to 14 days blood test prior to fight and not insist on 24 days. Mayweather won't risk his unbeaten run against such person, once all terms are met we have the fight. Now lets enjoy it!

But you turned assumptions to reality..making it look like he was caught with drugs.

So what makes the fight now different? Did he end up taking a 14 days drug test or still got his 24 days done? If he did the 14 days..mind giving us links to it?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2015
Lifebender:

hey man,the lost to Bradley is debateable,u and i know pacman should've won that first fight which he did in the secon.

Mayweather is defensive style is paying for him,47 unbeating run,26 KO.Thats preaty scary.But we ought to rem this is pacman not oscar,marquez,cotto or marquez.

Moneyman has got the defense and accuracy,pacman has got the power and speed.I know mayweather will win if its on point but i'd like pacman to win on KO.

Take it from me, may weather is going to kiss his sandals multiple times today...this I am sure of.. Quote this comment for reference.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by shegsrules(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2015
Both are good boxers but my bet is on Manny, the proud would be humbled and he who identifies with God he does not forsake.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2015
shegsrules:
Both are good boxers but my bet is on Manny, the proud would be humbled and he who identifies with God he does not forsake.

Abeg its not about God or religion here..the best man should win.. God is a just God.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

He's not just humble, he's an humble fighter who isn't afraid of defeat unlike may weather who runs from those likely to beat him.

Why can't Manny fight Canelo? Why would Manny leave top 5 P4P to fight talentless Rio and nutritionist Algieri. Why do you think Marquez never argued Mayweather superiority but question Manny win and even traveled to Manila, Philippine to ridicule him for a rematch. He didn't even KO him, he put your Manny to sleep like a C level fighter.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by maggystar(f): 12:36pm On May 02, 2015
Mayweather, 9th round ko....speaking that out
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by jafia(m): 12:36pm On May 02, 2015
i love what Pacquaio say....
*God will deliver Mayweather to my hands* on May 2nd. the Lord is ur strength
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by omenka(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

I addressed only the issue you raised which was pomposity/ arrogance.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by camelus: 12:38pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
Nigerian time for the long awaited fight and the likely Station to air it
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by holluwai(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2015
F
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by holluwai(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2015
Floyd is over freaking rated! PacMan all the way! May The Lord deliver him into your hands manny wink
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 3kay945(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2015
4am sad
How do I share my sleep tonight? embarassed
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dennismukoro(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2015
MONEY ON MANNY PACAIO

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by hermesprogidy(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2015
Op am just like you, I always support the under dog , besides I don't like May weather. in a weird way he reps everything wrong with the world today. my heart and head goes with the Pacman.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dennismukoro(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2015
camelus:
Nigerian time for the long awaited fight and the likely Station to air it
supersport likely to air because is paid view.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Babasessy(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2015
$300m Fight of the Century - Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Finally on!

More @link below....

http://amazingstoriesaroundtheworld..co.uk/2015/05/300m-fight-of-century-floyd-mayweather.html

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by fredoooooo: 12:46pm On May 02, 2015
The money team cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.