Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,628 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196752 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 02, 2015
Boxing is a Barbaric game, I am just watching it for the money. I already placed a bet of a million against Pac. I hope I lose but I pray I win.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

But you turned assumptions to reality..making it look like he was caught with drugs.

So what makes the fight now different? Did he end up taking a 14 days drug test or still got his 24 days done? If he did the 14 days..mind giving us links to it?

Freddie Roach said if they agreed to this term in the first place this fight would have happen long time ago. I posted video and you are still asking the same thing again. Bro he must have agreed to 14 days because we all know Mayweather call the shots, if he doesn't the fight won't happen. Watch the video
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by LEXYCOM: 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
I beg, wetin cos their fight?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Lifebender(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

Which is why I find him boring to watch. I wanna see folks go into the ring with intent to do some serious damage not trying to win on point (oh how I miss the days of Mike Tyson)... that's what make an entertaining fight and this is why Manny would have to KO him.

Floyd cannot hurt Pacquiao, that's a given so the question is; will he be able to keep his not-well tested chin away from manny's flurry of punches?

Tyson Fury cannot fight shi*t!! He's a fraud, and the fact he's gotten this far, is testament to how weak heavyweight boxing has become. The guy is devoid of style or technique, zero footwork, he's tall and awkward,he once mistakenly punched himself in the face.... C'mon this guy is a fuc*king joke compared to previous British champions, someone like Lewis or Haye could have had him for breakfast.

Beating washed up fighters like Derek Chisora and Audley Harrison don't make him a good boxer. I saw the Chisora fight, and I must say it seemed as if Chisora was drunk before entering into the ring. It was a docile version of Chisora that showed up that night, not the same Chisora who face Vitali.

The only thing working for him is his height and size which obviously give him the power. Most of his opponents are hardly tall enough to connect with his chin. Klitschko however is a different story, they're almost the same height so that would count for nothing..it will be down to skill and endurance.

The beating will be so bad, you're going to say I told you so.

You dont xpect a guy that tall to be fast and besides he's still a youngstar.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
Money Mayweather the ring scientist to knock Pacman out by latest round 7.

Watch out for Mayweather's straight right - Pacman is going to walk into it.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
Billyonaire:
Boxing is a Barbaric game, I am just watching it for the money. I already placed a bet of a million against Pac. I hope I lose but I pray I win.

You already won smiley
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by iheanyi40(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2015
3kay945:
4am sad
How do I share my sleep tonight? embarassed
same fin m wondering bro, and m not really a boxing fan
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 02, 2015
this is one match you can t predict.... mayweather is used to fighting fighters who are only brutal with little speed except miguel cotto, manny has power punches, speed and skills.... if floyd makes it to the last round he will be bruised like no other time in his career....i dont think his evasive style will work too much this time cos manny never gets tired....

Throwing weak punches and running wont help.... if floyd winsthis we can boldly say he is the greatest boxer in history no contest......
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Bagayouche: 12:52pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
am in support of Manny pacquiao he got speed
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 3kay945(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2015
iheanyi40:
same fin m wondering bro, and m not really a boxing fan

I hope I won't cry during the match. cool

I used to put myself in position of their love ones. Can't stand the blood, staggering and falling. cry
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by weselomo(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2015
"A turtle is only vulnerable when he sticks his head out - when he senses danger, he goes back into that shell. You can beat that shell up, but you're not hurting him. Pacquiaohas to trick Mayweather out of that shell, make him think he's there for the counter. When he's not - 'bang' - capitalise on his mistake.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 02, 2015
Yomieluv:
Zeal to win,I give it to Pacquiao..

Floyd would be humbled by defeat.

Mayweather knows this,that's why he was avoiding to fight Manny.

Since the. Fight is official,Floyd has been quiet,so unusual of him.

*in Pac's voice* God will deliver Mayweather to my hands on May 2nd.

Hi...
I think the big reason for the delay had been the money sharing, and not fear like you said
...they finally agreed on 60 (Mayweather) : 40 (Pacquiao) sharing of the takings
Okay...I will go back to my own business now
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 12:59pm On May 02, 2015
chrisbaba1:
this is one match you can t predict.... mayweather is used to fighting fighters who are only brutal with little speed except miguel cotto, manny has power punches, speed and skills.... if floyd makes it to the last round he will be bruised like no other time in his career....i dont think his evasive style will work too much this time cos manny never gets tired....

Throwing weak punches and running wont help.... if floyd winsthis we can boldly say he is the greatest boxer in history no contest......

Does Manny hit harder than Canelo? Mayweather schooled Canelo with is power, power is not going to do much in this fight because we all know Manny can't KO Floyd. The determining factors will be conditioning and adjustment, trust me Mayweather have it all. Even Marquez that put Manny to sleep picked Mayweather and so all the other boxers.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 1:01pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

Looool really? The Money Team got tired of running scared, they're going down on May 2nd.

You should return to training, why did you stop?

Do you actually believe Pacman, even at his peak when he was juiced up, on steroids, can beat Floyd Mayweather? grin

Mayweather has the size advantage, the ring presence, the supreme boxing IQ (arguably the most intelligent boxer ever - he's a scientist and he adapts in the ring), the longer reach, the better counter-puncher, a defensive juggernaut (the greatest defensive boxer ever), and he has too many ways to win.

Pacman;s advantage: he's a Southpaw, punches harder from different angles, and he has heart. Mayweather will knock his ar.se out like Marquez did - the fight won't even go the distance, trust me. grin

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Psychedelia(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2015
I'm for Manny!
See the STARK difference? grin

1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by LewisO: 1:06pm On May 02, 2015
tablu:
Nah wah oh!
shocked OMG! I know this match will be very expensive, it's the match everybody have been waiting for.

Those guys match are mostly expensive expecially "Mayweather's" own. Money making team... I go with Mayweather but Pacquiao is also technical and crucial.

Mehn see ticket per match. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 02, 2015
Billyonaire:

My brother has been winning Euros, hundreds....on sports (football) betting, like no man's business....with 2 Euros ooo
...I have been showing an unusual interest in it lately...to his biggest dismay cheesy
Maybe cos I told him I would like to start betting with 1000 GP....like bet big, win big cheesy

Since then, he has been keeping the news away from me
Lawd...I must be really bored
But meeen to make a winning with 1000 Pounds...wow
Anyway.....I hope you win too
Cheers
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:08pm On May 02, 2015
Pacman all the way!

Heard he's a born again christian and I was so move at his inspirational speech.

Wish him victory
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 02, 2015
I put my money on Floyd mayweather. He's treacherous!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 1:11pm On May 02, 2015
Psychedelia:
I'm for Manny!
See the STARK difference? grin

But should it be about that or the skills? That's his money and he has a right to spend it how he wants. When he was dead broke and poor, growing up in Michigan, barely surviving as a kid - where were the cameras? He became a gym rat, honed his skills, worked extremely hard, and fought his way to the top - making sacrifices on the way despite being the most hated ever (folks love to hate him but they still buy his tickets to see him lose - thus putting money in his pocket - business/marketing genius).

At the end of the day, he has never gone broke like Manny Pacquiao did. And that shows he manages his wealth better. Give props to the man, not the image the media keeps pushing. He earned it - no one gave it to him for free, or on a platter of gold. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by delors(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2015
May is a very technical guy...That's how he wins. He's not much of a hard puncher but an opportunist who counter attacks. Waits for an opening, deceives the opponent then stings. The build up of this weighs down the opponent which eventually opens way for May to physically demolish the opponent.

This strategy may be counterproductive in this fight. Manny is a tireless attacker...absorbs punches like Ali but never seems to tire out. One advantage of Manny is his assault, stamina n pace...he is also a direct hitter, shower reach yet heavier punch than May.

So, like football, when Barcelona attacks a defensive Real Madrid who sometimes thrives on counter attack, the result could be pre-emptive.

But then, May s strategy has given him an akl-win no loss in all his bouts while Manny has lost 5 times through this strategy, so the odds balances out when the total number of fights-wins are compared.

I think Manny could win the bout.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 02, 2015
Okay...Manny kinda looks content, serene and happy
Floyd just appears still hungry despite the millions

I am probably wrong....just from their pix and posts that I see here
I hope I am
I want them both to be rich, content and happy
I need to take a chill pill...like now
Okay
lipsrsealed
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by LewisO: 1:15pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:
All Manny needs to do is corner mouth weather to the corner or as well stay on his own lane too since mouthweather hardly initiate an offence.

He waits for opponents to bring the fight to him which I find boring..I pray Manny also join the wait game so people can see how boring mouth weather fights.
Yeah! I think that's is own logic of game, he won't want to make the attack so as not to make him to get points, though i think his punch is more heavier than the one of manner, but Manny is more faster with is punches.

This is the match people have been waiting for.

But the ticket fee is very huge amount, never expect it's gonna be much expensive. $96,000.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 02, 2015
[i][/i]For me, Mayweather's advanantages such as long arms, patience, gud defence, height and speed stands him out; he will patiently block off the initial rush of Pacquiao's punches in the first few rounds and when Pac is tired, May will keep him at arm's lenght and box the hell out of him. I give it to May
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 1:17pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Freddie Roach said if they agreed to this term in the first place this fight would have happen long time ago. I posted video and you are still asking the same thing again. Bro he must have agreed to 14 days because we all know Mayweather call the shots, if he doesn't the fight won't happen. Watch the video

Save us the theory, there is nothing like that in the video that he took the 14 days eish..is may weather the only fighter? How come he fought others without the exodus of demands like mayweather Yet was still beaten? Did those who beat Manny put up those endless conditions?

Why didnt may weather accept his own 24 days option rather than insist on a 14 days yada if he wasn't afraid of getting beat up?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dennismukoro(m): 1:17pm On May 02, 2015
i just stake 40k on manny to return 138k. #TEAMPAQUAIO
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 02, 2015
milychocs:

My brother has been winning Euros, hundreds....on sports (football) betting, like no man's business....with 2 Euros ooo
...I have been showing an unusual interest in it lately...to his biggest dismay cheesy
Maybe cos I told him I would like to start betting with 1000 GP....like bet big, win big cheesy

Since then, he has been keeping the news away from me
Lawd...I must be really bored
But meeen to make a winning with 1000 Pounds...wow
Anyway.....I hope you win too
Cheers
Sport is the best gambling platform, cos you go see your money going koro-koro, and if you win, your joy is complete.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 02, 2015
pacman all the way
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Does Manny hit harder than Canelo? Mayweather schooled Canelo with is power, power is not going to do much in this fight because we all know Manny can KO Floyd. The determining factors will be conditioning and adjustment, trust me Mayweather have it all. Even Marquez that put Manny to sleep picked Mayweather and so all the other boxers.

check it, manny is one of the hardest hitting punchers in his weight class, carnelo can barely dodge a punch all he does is hit hard... manny has good foot work and conditioning as usual.... floyd wont give manny issues except that he would try to dodge with that shoulder roll thing. mannyjust needs to keep the pressure nd fight like manny.... floyd will get hurt tryung to get points....manny just needs to zone cover floyd at the edge of thhe ring nd give him the work, low jabs will work well since floyd keeps his face far back nd his left hand on his belly. ihope they allowed manny use his preferred gloves though.... im a floyd fan but i want to see him prove himself.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by fineguy11(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2015
i see may weather winning by controversial decision,,,,if this fight were to have happened 3 yrs ago,i wld av given it to PACMAN...mayweather took his time,,declined prior deals coz he knew PACMAN wld be too much to handle.....its a 50-50 fight,,luck wld play a role coz the fighters cancel themselves out...PS:LENOX LEWIS is my greatest fighter of all time,,.....why all this hype abt ALIi watched Ali vs foreman few days back and i saw nothing special abt Ali..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2015
omenka:
I addressed only the issue you raised which was pomposity/ arrogance.

Nah I didn't raise the issue, only responding to yours..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by dennismukoro(m): 1:23pm On May 02, 2015
manny have the strenght to attact till 12rounds. Money mayweather only defend and attack. He run round the ring like a child. Although he got the advantage as home team. The phillipine guy dont have home or away. He knows were to attack with his power punch. #teaManny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.