Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196743 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 10:29am On May 02, 2015
I just feel this fight is another Sugar Ray Leonard vs Hagler. Floyd will maintain his distance with his continous jab as usual and use counter punch when Manny backing out after each combination, Manny will work him in and out using speed and good combination. By round 5 upward Manny will attempt to push hard with power shots. It will go the distance, Floyd will most likely win on points
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
oga una wan expose if i be small or old man? grin

sure the tv was switched off after the ear came off. I hated Tyson after that, until i rewatched it years later again. Holyfield get money mehn
Dey there na, Oga our yeye Panasonic bin wan fall my hand that day, Na me stand dey adjust antenna grin grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 10:30am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Baby you read my mind, from my comment above yours. Amir is childish, he ran away when Floyd's name was mentioned. He'll be knocked-out in round 1 grin grin grin

Make we dash am round 4
Small child that wants to take food from his elders mouth cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2015
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:33am On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Make we dash am round 4
Small child that wants to take food from his elders mouth cheesy
Can you imagine? Round 4 too much na you wan kill am for that hin fine wife ni?, oya make we just give am round 2, make e be say he see road go house. grin grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:33am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
But Vitali murdered Samuel Peter and sent him into exile grin grin
undisputable!

Days before that match

SP- ama cut down this talking tree

VK-I wanna keep him shut forever

Vitali did. But he had doubts. Peter had more confidence.

I watched the clip. Pacman was just smiling, while Mayweather was just looking lost/frightened(dunno if its a strategy) when they were told to face each other, Pacman is sarcastic. Towards the end, Mayweather now forced a smile and did "familiarity" with pacman as if they be padi grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 10:35am On May 02, 2015
Truth234:
I just feel this fight is another Sugar Ray Leonard vs Hagler. Floyd will maintain his distance with his continous jab as usual and use counter punch when Manny backing out after each combination, Manny will work him in and out using speed and good combination. By round 5 upward Manny will attempt to push hard with power shots. It will go the distance, Floyd will mostly likely win on points

I feel floyd will bring something out of the norm to the ring on fight night

Freddy roach said manny has been watching series of floyd's fight and he has mastered floyd's moves

Floyd is super calculative and I think he will stun manny mos def

Did u knw he added tree-chopping to his workout routine??
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 10:37am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Can you imagine? Round 4 too much na you wan kill am for that hin fine wife ni?, oya make we just give am round 2, make e be say he see road go house. grin grin grin

Buhahaha ok round 2 it is b4 his wife rejects him
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
undisputable!

Days before that match

SP- ama cut down this talking tree

VK-I wanna keep him shut forever

Vitali did. But he had doubts. Peter had more confidence.

I watched the clip. Pacman was just smiling, while Mayweather was just looking lost/frightened(dunno if its a strategy) when they were told to face each other, Pacman is sarcastic. Towards the end, Mayweather now forced a smile and did "familiarity" with pacman as if they be padi grin
That's how we boxers roll na, in 2000, I was beaten silly by one fat guy Balogun, if you see my face? shocked Chai I'm glad I didn't go professional, but I for get money oh grin grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:38am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Dey there na, Oga our yeye Panasonic bin wan fall my hand that day, Na me stand dey adjust antenna grin grin grin

grin grin lwkm

you mean that "V" antenna? grin grin grin grin wey you go dey bend to and fro grin grin grin i no fit laugh o
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Buhahaha ok round 2 it is b4 his wife rejects him
Ok, round 2 it is grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Yes I'm a fan but not a die hard one

I ddnt watch the fight btwn samuel and vladimir cos I no like dem

If this fight ends in an unanimous decision then it was ruled in favor of manny best believe

Khan is only but a chilld cos even his orthodox style can't be matched with that of floyd

And he will only be the next bigthing when floyd retires
ah everyone wants to label Khan small boy. (shrugs) didnt know ladies like boxing. Its like a "no no" football is a "yes-no"!

I need a KO. I hope the camera catched dr sid and don jazzy in the crowd though!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2015
daveP:

grin grin lwkm

you mean that "V" antenna? grin grin grin grin wey you go dey bend to and fro grin grin grin i no fit laugh o
You sabi am! Guy that thing frustrate me for 1998 World Cup oh, popsi go just shout "Aworinde, wa! Se mole ran mi lowo? I go ask with what, he go say Antenna na! Chai 90 minutes! Na half time I dey go relax my hand grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
That's how we boxers roll na, in 2000, I was beaten silly by one fat guy Balogun, if you see my face? shocked Chai I'm glad I didn't go professional, but I for get money oh grin grin grin
Balogun grin grin your eyelid go form tent, the mouth go spread like carpet and the chin go resembel eiffel tower upside down! grin grin

thank God true true. (imagines him bounces as the ring announcer calls his ringname before a fight) wait, e for fit you small o. Just that "tent" go dey form after every match grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
Balogun grin grin your eyelid go form tent, the mouth go spread like carpet and the chin go resembel eiffel tower upside down! grin grin

thank God true true. (imagines him bounces as the ring announcer calls his ringname before a fight) wait, e for fit you small o. Just that "tent" go dey form after every match grin grin
I defeated Balogun na, but the guy bruise me well! Chai, I knocked him out. Na there I get this KINGTOM name na, ask those guys for Abeokuta grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 10:48am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
ah everyone wants to label Khan small boy. (shrugs) didnt know ladies like boxing. Its like a "no no" football is a "yes-no"!

I need a KO. I hope the camera catched dr sid and don jazzy in the crowd though!

Khan is still a learner jare

I watch wrestling too cheesy. all thanks to my bf

There'll def be a KO bt I'm scared for floyd cos manny is all hyped

Donjazzy bought tickets? I heard dey r sellin as much as $5000 in vegas

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
You sabi am! Guy that thing frustrate me for 1998 World Cup oh, popsi go just shout "Aworinde, wa! Se mole ran mi lowo? I go ask with what, he go say Antenna na! Chai 90 minutes! Na half time I dey go relax my hand grin grin
(faints and revives with some coffee leaf smeared on his nose)

e go sweet you say u sabi make one channel clear. But e go taya you cos when you "antenna" reputation spreads, you don get job be that-Frustrating! grin

neigbour 1-5 go sabi you, even your street. Uncle go boast say u get one kine jazz wey dey make channel show. grin grin grin

well..... Unanimous fit mayweather. KO fits Manny. Il be asleep then
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by codedmax(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2015
When's this fight down Nigeria time?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
I defeated Balogun na, but the guy bruise me well! Chai, I knocked him out. Na there I get this KINGTOM name na, ask those guys for Abeokuta grin

(hesitates to drink this "Zobo" ) grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 10:59am On May 02, 2015
codedmax:
When's this fight down Nigeria time?
9pm over there. +7 time difference-that's 4am i guess.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
(faints and revives with some coffee leaf smeared on his nose)

e go sweet you say u sabi make one channel clear. But e go taya you cos when you "antenna" reputation spreads, you don get job be that-Frustrating! grin

neigbour 1-5 go sabi you, even your street. Uncle go boast say u get one kine jazz wey dey make channel show. grin grin grin

well..... Unanimous fit mayweather. KO fits Manny. Il be asleep then
If round 1 is boring, I go just go sleep grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 11:02am On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Khan is still a learner jare

I watch wrestling too cheesy. all thanks to my bf

There'll def be a KO bt I'm scared for floyd cos manny is all hyped

Donjazzy bought tickets? I heard dey r sellin as much as $5000 in vegas
lol@Khan part.

Yeah he is there as i type. That's regular ticket i guess. Crazy entertainment!

Wrestling? shocked give me 2reasons i shouldnt be afraid already?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2015
daveP:

(hesitates to drink this "Zobo" ) grin
Drink your Zobo flavored coffee guy grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
If round 1 is boring, I go just go sleep grin
that would be 4:30am already.

(looks@ clock) shocked chai. Kachi fo grin

most round 1 are usually boring. Rd 11 is always the most interesting
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Drink your Zobo flavored coffee guy grin

(turns and pours him more coffee)
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
that would be 4:30am already.

(looks@ clock) shocked chai. Kachi fo grin

most round 1 are usually boring. Rd 11 is always the most interesting
See me see my mumuness, I dey look Las Vegas time eh? Abeg na tomorrow I go find out, make I go sleep grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2015
daveP:

(turns and pours him more coffee)
**Sips** grin

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

I feel floyd will bring something out of the norm to the ring on fight night

Freddy roach said manny has been watching series of floyd's fight and he has mastered floyd's moves

Floyd is super calculative and I think he will stun manny mos def

Did u knw he added tree-chopping to his workout routine??

He is the most dedicated and hardworking boxer. He knows he is coming into this fight with so much at stake, if the noise flying around does not get to him mentally, I am sure he will give us typical Floyd
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 11:33am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
lol@Khan part.

Yeah he is there as i type. That's regular ticket i guess. Crazy entertainment!

Wrestling? shocked give me 2reasons i shouldnt be afraid already?

Hahaha abeg oo I no sabi fyt oo na watch I dey watch

Bt I knw one or two wicked moves thanks to roman reigns

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by codedmax(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2015
daveP:
9pm over there. +7 time difference-that's 4am i guess.

tnks bro

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by pussypounder(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2015
Where can i watch this fight online, please nairalanders send me a link
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by ozo13(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M
yeah nice one.have bn looking for a live stream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.