Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee (10400 Views)

85yr Old Emir Of Daura & His Pretty Young Wife Welcome Child(See Photos) / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Joda, 85 year Old To Head His Transition Committee / Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by fr3do(m): 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
doctokwus:

Do u sometimes listen to yourself?
Besides our different political affiliations and I daresay insights,I do honestly respect your approach to issues,unlike many of your kin on d otherside,but sometimes u disappoint me.
How can an educated person like want to hold a man to his promises when he hasnt even assumed office?It doesnt make any single sense.

he with all optimism made those promises before the election, after he was elected he started singing a new song, he began talking about how infeasible his promises were, we, well meaning Nigerians were thrown into panic mode.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
gringringringrin

Thank You!
I noticed you dont like Buhari...so you are Jonathanian angry
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mogidi:

But the task requires some modicum of being in good physical health, this guy is a geriatric that would be wheeled in at close of discussions to rubber stamp the committees input.
Monkey dey work baboon dey chop, Buhari is only rewarding his friends from the 70s, I don't think Nigerians expected that.
Ahmed Joda is as strong as his fellow octogenerian, Christopher Kolade that Jonathan appointed to head SURE-P.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Chibest2000(m): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
daresma93:

there are no friends in politics take a cue from goodluck case only permanent interest so i will rather wait for buhari to unveil his ministerial list before i can be sure his is only appointing old people's
There are no friends in politics but there are mutual friends who could never be forgotten for favors in politics, now tell me, where was Ahmed Joda during Goodluck's administration? Do you know his earlier correlation with Gen Buhari? Why does he has to surface in the picture just now after his long active participation in politics?
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mogidi:

In Europe and America you don't find them recycling leaders like we do here. When would we be allowed to take this country back from those who ruined it?
Go find out the age of Senator Kennedy of the US when he died, and the number of tenure he served. Go check the faces of the men in the UK House of Lords.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by MizMyColi(f): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ipledge:
I noticed you dont like Buhari...so you are Jonathanian angry

Naaahhh.
It's the Party's ideologies I'm not cool with.
He's just a victim of friendly fire, kindagrin

I haven't always been pro PDP.
Jonathan's singular act won me over.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Menace2Society(m): 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chibest2000:

Hahaa.. So u didn't remember all these while you were commenting earlier? Oh Yes, youths gots to work hard to be successful but we can't succeed without a somehow help from our governments.
Seems u don't really get my sermon undecided My argument is that we youths are below pass mark!We can't even hold our Government response for their misdeeds!We are not standing out so tell me whose gonna take us serious!have u ever been to any NANS election and see guns everywhere?do u know much about the SUG across the country dem dey embezzle like say tomorrow no dey!
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Splashme: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nigeria is doomed.
This old BUHARI will take the country 30yrs back

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Mogidi: 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go find out the age of Senator Kennedy of the US when he died, and the number of tenure he served. Go check the faces of the men in the UK House of Lords.

Kennedy came from from "America's unofficial" royal family, dude used his family name to boot.

As for the U.K, half of the "peers" in U.K house of Lords are people who inherited those titles.

Unlike the elected House of Commons, most new members of the House of Lords are appointed. Membership of the House of Lords is made up of Lords Spiritual and Lords Temporal. There are seats for 26 Lords Spiritual who sit in the Lords by virtue of their ecclesiastical role in the established Church of England.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords

2 Likes

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by anonimi: 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Kolade354:
Pple lyk Mogidi will never see anyting gud Buhari adminstration even if buhari appoint his father..........What is wrong if he appoint 83 year old man to head his transition commitee as long as he has Clean record and his able to discharge his duties..............#Therewillbehaterz

Please show us where you saw anything good in Jonathan administration otherwise STFU.

Abi what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

QED!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by atlwireles: 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Firefire:
embarassed embarassed

I pity some youth chanting CHANGE, Sai Baba, on this forum, your hope of becoming a leader is evaporating.

For your information: your future is been colonized by the same people who ruled your parents.

Welcome to a new Nigeria of CHANGE with the same people as of 1960. undecided
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by PapiWata: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Splashme:
Nigeria is doomed.
This old BUHARI will take the country 30yrs back

Please allow Nigeria to enjoy the northern colonialism and slavery under the born-to-rule 95-year-old Fresident-fwa-life that they have elected.

At least the Boko Haram terror gang have now completed their contract of making Nigeria ungovernable in order to pave the way for the new, long awaited northern dictatorship, and the Boko boys can now enjoy the proceeds of the Niger Delta oil wealth with no further share needed to be wasted on those who live there, along with anyone else who is not part of the new northern hegemony.

In short, Nigeria, count your blessings and shout for more change, because chump change is all you will get now ha ha ha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Kolade354(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
anonimi:

Please show us where you saw anything good in Jonathan administration otherwise STFU.

Abi what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

QED!!!
He revitalised our Rail System, Building of almajiri school and our agric sector is now back to normal, but on a general note he deserve to go.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chibest2000:

There are no friends in politics but there are mutual friends who could never be forgotten for favors in politics, now tell me, where was Ahmed Joda during Goodluck's administration? Do you know his earlier correlation with Gen Buhari? Why does he has to surface in the picture just now after his long active participation in politics?
please expatiate on the favor buhari is extending to him by appointing head of the transition commitee because as i see it ahmed joda is the one doing buhari a favor by heading it commitee because he can turn him down but he did not which is a virtue hard to come by these days
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by anonimi: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Kolade354:
He revitalised our Rail System, Building of almajiri school and our agric sector is now back to normal, but on a general note he deserve to go.

I asked you to show us where you said anything good about Jonathan in the PAST i.e. BEFORE the elections and I can withdraw my yabis.

Simple!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Naaahhh.
It's the Party's ideologies I'm not cool with.
He's just a victim of friendly fire, kindagrin

I haven't always been pro PDP.
Jonathan's singular act won me over.
cheesy
Which singular act is that? You want him to fight because Buhari won?

Jonathan was desperate for re-élection,but he gat no choice again
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Kolade354(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
anonimi:

I asked you to show us where you said anything good about Jonathan in the PAST i.e. BEFORE the elections and I can withdraw my yabis.

Simple!!!
I dont have time for that,But one thing i dont practise is politics of Bitterness and anger..........Fani-kayode said worst abt Buhari so if i shld say sumting bad abt jonathan it all abt politics..............Life goes on but let hate less.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Mogidi: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
daresma93:

please expatiate on the favor buhari is extending to him by appointing head of the transition commitee because [size=13pt]as i see it ahmed joda is the one doing buhari a favor by heading it commitee[/size] because he can turn him down but he did not which is a virtue hard to come by these days

So Nigeria is so bereft of experience and ideas hence Joda was called upon to provide his experience and expertise? Seems like a perverse incentive for 90yr old Shagari to make a triumphant return.

Baba Shagari we need your experience and expertise please.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by baby124: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Well the man cannot be an active member of his government, so he gave him this role. Compensation I suspect for his support. The old baba is equal to the task and experienced considering his portfolio
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Chibest2000(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Menace2Society:
Seems u don't really get my sermon undecided My argument is that we youths are below pass mark!We can't even hold our Government response for their misdeeds!We are not standing out so tell me whose gonna take us serious!have u ever been to any NANS election and see guns everywhere?do u know much about the SUG across the country dem dey embezzle like say tomorrow no dey!
No! I understood your message and you are very much on point, but my argument is, are we going to live on this till thy kingdom come? By the way, the fact that am partially against the olds system of our government is not because they can't do something better if they wish to, but because the course that is affecting the youths today resulted from them, hope you understand the theory of causality?
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Menace2Society(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chibest2000:

No! I understood your message and you are very much on point, but my argument is, are we going to live on this till thy kingdom come? By the way, the fact that am partially against the olds system of our government is not because they can't do something better if they wish to, but because the course that is affecting the youths today resulted from them, hope you understand the theory of causality?
I got u now well u are right!We just got to do something
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by MizMyColi(f): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ipledge:
Which singular act is that? You want him to fight because Buhari won?

Jonathan was desperate for re-élection,but he gat no choice again

Lmao
Bro, Jo is not desperate.

Go look up the dictionary meaning of desperation.

Desperate is when a man rules a country for two terms (8 years) and pays his goons to put in good words for him for a third term.

Desperate is when a man loses an election, goes all weepy on national TV, which of course sparks an outrage....Over 800 lives lost.
Yet, there is not a single documentation of this man publicly condemning those killings in the strongest possible terms.
Years later, Nigerians are yet to get so little as an apology for his past sins.

My political ambition is not worth the BLOOD of any Nigerian.

Nobody’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. ~ GEJ 2015.

^^^ No desperate person thinks in those lines.

Matter of fact, I know a ruler who is desperation personified.
smileysmileysmiley
He is our President-Electgringringrin

2 Likes

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mogidi:

Kennedy came from from "America's unofficial" royal family, dude used his family name to boot.

As for the U.K, half of the "peers" in U.K house of Lords are people who inherited those titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords
You're confused.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
We see things differently
Both dont you think,its not yet time to cricitize,as you said,president elect and not yet president..U can start condemn If he fail to perfom as president
MizMyColi:

Lmao
Bro, Jo is not desperate.

Go look up the dictionary meaning of desperation.

Desperate is when a man rules a country for two terms (8 years) and pays his goons to put in good words for him for a third term.

Desperate is when a man loses an election, goes all weepy on national TV, which of course sparks an outrage....Over 800 lives lost.
Yet, there is not a single documentation of this man publicly condemning those killings in the strongest possible terms.
Years later, Nigerians are yet to get so little as an apology for his past sins.

^^^ No desperate person thinks in those lines.

Matter of fact, I know a ruler who is desperation personified.
smileysmileysmiley
He is our President-Electgringringrin

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by MizMyColi(f): 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ipledge:
We see things differently
Both dont you think,its not yet time to cricitize,as you said,president elect and not yet president..U can start condemn If he fail to perfom as president

Lols.
No. I haven't criticized him.

I have merely judged, based on his antecedents.

People are more informed these days.
A criticism from the opposition, especially one that is issues based is just a reminder to the GMB train that they must hit the ground running.

Ultimately, whether we are of the proposition or opposition, we collectively want a Nigeria that works!

3 Likes

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols.

A criticism from the opposition, especially one that is issues based is just a reminder to the GMB train that they must hit the ground running.

Ultimately, whether we are of the proposition or opposition, we collectively want a Nigeria that works!

yea a Nigeria that work....am happy that our Ambasaddors will be change cheesy

1 Like

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by ABEngine(m): 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
daresma93:
whats wrong with appointing a 85 years man when he is still capable of discharging his duties

What's wrong with appointing you except you have declared yourself unfit.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by PassingShot(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols.

Does it make sense to imagine actions/results and criticize them just because he must hit the ground running?

Face the facts, some persons can't get over the election loss.
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Metrofox(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
fr3do:

yes, Nigeria is more than a company and needs people that are even more up to the task.

When searching for people up to the task you exclude a certain age bracket even if they've got loads of experience & integrity?
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Waste recycling comes to mind!

It's gerontocracy all the way!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by rabbuy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
M just seeing few fellows saying as long as he can discharge his duties. Wtf the man is aged can he even think on his own... I mean his p.a will do all the work and he will get paid... See how he is lookin .. Thats the one yall say can discharge his duties can he even discharge his urine in the right facility.. Nigerians and sentiments sai buhari doesn't mean ill follow him blindly I also have a reasoning faculty #buharinofallmyhandoh #whyna #85 wtf
Re: 73yr Old Buhari Names 85yr Old Ahmed Joda To Head Transiton Commitee by MizMyColi(f): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Does it make sense to imagine actions/results and criticize them just because he must hit the ground running?

Face the facts, some persons can't get over the election loss.

Trust me, the hero image with which the world media painted GEJ gave us a very soft landing.

Talk of being winners in a slight marginal loss.
I don't know about others, but for me...it is fun.
I stopped being pained a looong time ago.
If I were still pained, no Jupiter can make me congratulate GMB. I don't say what I don't mean. That's hypocrisy.

I take it you're talking about Barca's latest thread?

Well, I think it makes sense that we bring to the fore, antecedents as such.
What he did was mere comparison.
A warning of sorts.
"Nigerians must be on the watch, lest history repeats itself".....that makes sense.

Surely, you don't expect TeamOpposition to just fold hands waiting for May 29.

If the incoming administration have started making concrete arrangements on who becomes house speaker, who does that and who does this....if they are all over the news like it's past may 29 already...why don't we tell them to slow down till handover date before filling our faces with their news.

Imo, the opposition needs to gather more steam.

Criticism hasn't begun yet.
This is warming up.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Refugee Welcomes Baby At Yola IDP Camp (Photos) / BREAKING: Sultan Of Sokoto Escapes Through Window As Bandits Invade State Mosque / NNPC Ex-GMD, Yakubu Sues EFCC, CBN, GTB Over Alleged Non-Release Of $9.8M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.