Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault (658 Views)

6 Ways to Protect Yourself from Heartbreak!!!! 100% guaranteed / 15 Tips To Get Any Man On His Knees And Ask You To Marry Him / Guys: How To Protect Yourself From False Rape Accusations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2015
Let me be real clear from the beginning of this post…if you have been sexually assaulted, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. PERIOD. No matter what you did or did not do…the choice was 100% the decision of the perpetrator. They could have chosen to not violate you, but they did not make that choice, so it is THEIR fault and only theirs.

Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Now with that said, I want to offer you some tips that can perhaps help protect you from being a victim of sexual assault, but I want you to understand that even if you follow all these steps or if you slip up on one of them, and you experience a sexual assault, it still is not your fault. These tips are simply meant to help make you more aware and lessen your chances.
15 Tips for Protecting Yourself from Sexual
Assault
1. Trust your instincts– If your gut is telling you that you should not be alone with someone, leave. If you feel the party you are at is getting a little too out of control, get out. If you are starting to get creeped out by how someone is looking at you or what they are saying to you, call a cab or find a friend.
2. Be prepared.Before you go out make sure your phone is fully charged, carry some cash, and have the number of a cab company programmed in your phone.
3. Don’t share too much on-line about what your
plans are– 61% of attackers are known by the
victim.
At a Party
4. Stick together with your friends or let them
know where you are going. It does not hurt to
have code words to alert a friend if you are getting
uncomfortable.
5. Be aware of your alcohol consumption.My first recommendation is don’t drink…especially if you
are under age. But if you are going to have a drink,
know your limits. There is no disputing the fact that
alcohol compromises your ability to make responsible decisions and be accurately aware of your situation. Over half of sexual assaults among college students involve alcohol.
6. If you do have a drink, don’t let it out of your
site. You never know when someone might slip
something into your drink. If you leave it unattended, get a new drink. Never accept a drink
from someone you don’t know.
7. Be ready to speak up to help someone out.If a situation seems wrong, step up. Find others to
support you and then offer some distraction to rescue a friend or peer from a questionable situation.
When Walking Alone
8. Keep your eyes scanning– Stay alert and pay attention to your surroundings.
9. Keep your ears listening– Don’t have earphones in
10. Keep your feet moving– Walk with a purpose
11. Choose a smart route– Try to stick to well-traveled areas even if it is not the most direct
path
On a Date
12. Tell a friend where you are going
13. Don’t compromise your standards – Set your
boundaries and be firm. “I don’t want to” is a good
enough reason.
14. Understand that consent to sexual activity can be
withdrawn at any time.
15. If your date is making you uncomfortable – call a
friend and use a code word, or, if you can, make an
excuse and leave.
Since 1993, sexual assaults have declined by 60%. So it is possible that by raising awareness and taking
precautions, we can keep lowering the number of
incidents.
PLEASE YOU CAN ADD YOURS

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by major466(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Ladies must stay away from isolated places or going to such places alone. If you need to go somewhere at night, make sure you go with a friend.
I Endorse this thread.
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
major466:
Ladies must stay away from isolated places or going to such places alone. If you need to go somewhere at night, make sure you go with a friend.
I Endorse this thread.
tnx 4 d add ons
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by cyprus000: 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=15pt]simple.
Carry your gun always..when he makes uninvited advances.

"Warn him sternly"..if he persist,remove your gun and shoot him in the scrotom.

Pray for his soul for God to accept him,then walk awaygrin

watch "man down" by rihanna and thank me lettergrin
[/size]
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Mhizizzy(f): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is an educative and intresting post

Thumbsup
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mhizizzy:
This is an educative and intresting post

Thumbsup
tnx mz pray it makes front page..
Re: 15 Tips To Protect Yourself From Sexual Assault by gentlezypher: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
on point!

(1) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Said "I Love You"to Your Husband? / Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage / See The Ugly Truth I Told My Teacher When I Was In Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.