Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (50339 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Chai, nawa o. My God

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by baby124: 2:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Hmmm... Spiritual accounting going on in NNPC. Nigerians are fools any way. Instead of challenging their leaders and demanding change, they will be disturbing God in vigils and giving the second tier of thieves(pastors) what ever coins they have left. With the pastors encouraging them to get wealthy how ever possible like the thieves in government. Because of desperation to be like the role models aka thieves in power, they will rather die than demand a better life. All this money would have collectively improved the country and our lives. We lack foresight, do not reward hardwork and honor thieves. We also do not respect our future or our kids future. Nigeria is all we have. We can never get the respect, freedom or recognition we get at home, anywhere else. Even if you steal billions and run to another country. You are just a dumb negro with stolen wealth needing to be exploited or the wealth seized while the foreign government makes money on the interest. Money that could have saved lives.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dayodare49o: 2:12am On Apr 28, 2015
So, Sanusi is claiming that if a business generarates revenue that is worth 69 billion there won't be cost of production. Is it possible for a business to make profit without cost of production? Sanusi is madman. 69billion revenue. According to law NNPC should deduct necessu cost of the revenue had sanusi made provision for that before he said 20_billion lost.
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by 2n2k(m): 2:19am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

PWC issued what is known in auditing as a Disclaimer of Opinion this happens when an auditor is unable to complete an accurate audit report. This may occur for a variety of reasons, such as an absence of appropriate financial records. When this happens, the auditor issues a disclaimer of opinion, stating that an opinion of the firm’s financial status could not be determined this is a special type of audit report that should be issued when the auditor permits his or her name to be associated with financial statements that were not examined in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. This was due to CBN and NPDC refusing to open their books.
A new comprehensive audit will have to be made with full access to financial records for them to form in what is known in auditing as a Unqualified opinion, the unqualified opinion has no reservations concerning the financial statements. This is also known as a clean opinion meaning that the financial statements appear to be presented fairly.

No sir. PWC did not carry out a full financial statements audit and therefore could not have issued an opinion talkless of disclaiming the opinion.

Auditing profession is guided by International Standards on Auditing (ISA). The clause
"The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based".
in the report which people have been misinterpreting is a standard proviso required by the ISA to be inserted in your report when the engagement is not a full audit. It is not a qualification of the report but just to emphasize the limited scope of the assignment so as to narrow the expectation gap between the users of the report and the consultants. The engagement of PWC is investigative forensic audit. A sort of target audit not full financial statement audit. In this kind of engagement, the consultants reports his findings but won't give opinion.

A simple example is you own a company but requires me as an auditor to issue a report to one of your supplier that your company has certain amount of money in a bank account. I will ascertain that money is in the bank account and report my findings (not opinion) accordingly with that clause that I have not done an audit. This is because the assignment does not require me to have a complete view of your whole company transactions which a full financial statement audit that needs an opinion will require. The money in the bank account may turn out not to be your company's own but I am only required to report if the money is there or not, not how the money got there which full financial audit would have revealed.

6 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by ohenhen1: 2:21am On Apr 28, 2015
We need a 5 year audit, not a one year audit.

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by hush15: 2:26am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

You have to go through the report even after PWC concluded the report NNPC kept coming to them with dubious figures to try to make up for the shortfall e.g come with costs for pipeline damage,subsidy deductions etc
Many people are going to jail NNPC,DPR,PPPRA and NPDC might be empty by the time a comprehensive audit is done. This audit is null as void as long as access was'nt given to CBN or NPDC. How will I audit your company and you won't give me access to your company bank statements(CBN)

who was incharge of CBN then?

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Imagine listening to the super minister Diezaine the other talking as if all is well.She will need to find a country to go on exile because jail awaits her and her collaborators.
Those shouting GEJ till forever will soon realized that Nigeria had been ruled by 'one chance' president.

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by patrickmuf(m): 2:34am On Apr 28, 2015
Williamso:
I can't type much, but I'll try to dissect your points.

We agree on this

No it won't! I can give you so mant examples, but I'll give just a few; the Warri crises comes to mind as well as the dispute over the EPZ. The only kind of separation that will be favourable is for each tribe to have its own republic; which is near impossible. We keep complaining that too many ethnicities were fused together to form Nigeria, but we forget that the Niger Delta alone has much more than 50. Imagine what will happen when the Ijaws, the Itsekiris, the Okrikas, the Ogonis, the Kalabaris, the Ikwerres etc have the oil, but the Ibos have the population? The same marginalization card will be played by the minority groups, which will further begin the cycle.

Separation is not the answer to this, but what I will treat next is the answer.

The PIB, if implemented to the letter, in a corrupt free environment is the solution to the ND problem. This will handle the jobs for indigenes, local content, etc. I first heard of the PIB during Yar'adua, and when GEJ came on board, I was really excited that the bill will be passed. While the president has no power over the National Assembly, being a president involves knowing how to cajole your legislature into passing a bill you want. Five years down the line, we haven't heard jack about it. Because somebody will rather offend the common Niger Deltan than offend some powerful people. Very depressing I tell you. That notwithstanding, I'm still an advocate of true federalism, not secessation.
Thank God we still have people like you around...It's high time our people do right...#Proud Cross Riverian

4 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 28, 2015
hush15:

who was incharge of CBN then?
Mohammed Sanusi was in charge during the period under review January 2012 to July 2013. However when the auditing was done Ex-Managing Director of Zenith Bank Godwin Emifiele was in Charge of CBN,it was him that refused to co-operate with PWC

9 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 28, 2015
baby124:
Hmmm... Spiritual accounting going on in NNPC. Nigerians are fools any way. Instead of challenging their leaders and demanding change, they will be disturbing God in vigils and giving the second tier of thieves(pastors) what ever coins they have left. With the pastors encouraging them to get wealthy how ever possible like the thieves in government. Because of desperation to be like the role models aka thieves in power, they will rather die than demand a better life. All this money would have collectively improved the country and our lives. We lack foresight, do not reward hardwork and honor thieves. We also do not respect our future or our kids future. Nigeria is all we have. We can never get the respect, freedom or recognition we get at home, anywhere else. Even if you steal billions and run to another country. You are just a dumb negro with stolen wealth needing to be exploited or the wealth seized while the foreign government makes money on the interest. Money that could have saved lives.
lol at spiritual accounting
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by lagbaja(m): 2:40am On Apr 28, 2015
See daylight robbery here: they sell DPK at offshore location. Na wa o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by izzieman: 2:49am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:
Nigerian Petroleum Developent company(NPDC) and CBN refused to open their financial statement to PWC.SO the report is dead on arrival,another audit has to take place. It has no credibilty go to premium times and read the audit. NNPC is the definition of corruption here are some excerpts from the report:
" We requested for meetings and information from the Central Bank of Nigeria (“CBN”) but were not granted access to nor given the
requested information by the CBN
"page 196
" We requested for meetings and information from the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (“NPDC”) but were not granted access to nor given the requested information by the NPDC"page 196
"The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"
The audit is therefore null and void and a new one has to be undertaken with full access to CBN accounts and NPDC
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/Full%20report--20billion%20dollars%20missing%20oil%20money.pdf
[size=16pt]This report has further justified Buhari desire to Probe NNPC [/size]

Four years ago, Buhari publicly shed tears for this country. Looking through this report and how they brazenly try to cover up various things, I can understand why a grown man would cry for Nigeria.

May the souls of every Nigerian who has died of this man-made suffering as well as the God of all suffering and living Nigerians make life unbearable for all these evil perpetrators and their lineage.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 28, 2015
tbaba1234:
Identified discrepancies between Independent Surveyors’ Report and schedule provided by NNPC
We observed some discrepancies between some quantities of crude oil losses stated in the schedule provided by NNPC and that stated on the related Independent Surveyors reports which were provided as support documents. The difference amounted to 328,667 barrels higher than NNPC
figures in 2012 and 71,907 barrels lower than the NNPC figures from January to July 2013.

Thousands of barrels of crude unaccounted for
Could you interpret this and the financial cost or is there someone on the thread that understands what the 328,667 crude oil losses disrepancy between the Independent Surveyors Report and NNPC
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Excuzeme: 3:08am On Apr 28, 2015
disloman:
N how did they arrived at d $1.48b missing if they didn't release their account book?Hmmmmmm.we r on a long thing.

There is a CLEAR DIFFERENCE between \reports based on figures/data you SOURCED DIRECTLY from "receipts and invoices"..... and one based on figures SUPPLIED TO YOU by the same people (NNPC looters) you are trying to Audit.

That $1.48Billion is what they could make out from the "VERBALLY supplied" NNPC figures.
In actual fact, they only agreed to that because they were very, very sure that Jonathan will win a second term and as such, they would not even need to refund a penny of that amount.

Now imagine, if an "actual forensic audit" is carried out on "real data" based on receipts and invoices of the NNPC?

Mehn, that NNPC reeks and stinks to high heavens.

I hope that Kleptomaniac with frog eyes called Deziani Allison-Madueke will come back home to come and "assist" the 'Real Audit' .....
.... under a President who actually thinks "Stealing IS Corruption"

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by iPopAlomo(m): 3:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Barcanista... You're going to jail along with PDP...

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 28, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Diezani made this sound like it was a conclusive report. This is far from conclusive, they raised a lot of questions. A lot of info still being withheld. The wastage/losses THEFT though is mind boggling. Then the shell divestment deal between NNPC & NPDC too was quite revealing. Selling an asset worth $3.4bn for $1.85bn, who does that? Anyway still reading, is quite revealing and oddly entertaining.

corrected!... Stealing is a form of corruption!!!!

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 28, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Barcanista... You're going to jail along with PDP...
Barcanista actually supports the probe he has shown his support on this thread with his comment which really shocked me.It was too much for him to bear.

4 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Excuzeme: 3:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:
I am tired of reading.

I need some time out before I suffer an emotional breakdown

Infact, when l read it to a point, l was just boiling with anger and since l cant lay my hands on those who are responsible for this "financial r@pe and rascality" of our resources, l decided l needed to sleep before l explode!

This report should be taken offline because if truly nigerian Youths understand a tenth of the import of this Report, it is enough for them to give the "Alu treatment" to Jonathan, his Ministers and the people at NNPC and its subsidiaries.

But trust me, most of them dont know the cause of their failures in life, they think it is because they are not yet lucky to "hit it" in one online scam or because their "hustle" never reach! shocked shocked
I bet you, the average American or European Youth does not put-in half of the effort you put into your struggle but they excel and succeed....more than you by a mile!

These people in Power (Jonathan and his Ministers) and the thieves in the nations "golden egg nest" (NNPC and Its Subsidiaries) are the ones holding down your future.

Go figure if you can.... or keep shouting tribalism and Bigotry on Nairaland. wink undecided

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Excuzeme:

Infact, when l read it to a point, l was just boiling with anger and since l cant lay my hands on those who are responsible for this "financial r@pe and rascality" of our resources, l decided l needed to sleep before l explode!

This report should be taken offline because if truly nigerian Youths understand a tenth of the import of this Report, it is enough for them to give the "Alu treatment" to Jonathan, his Ministers and the people at NNPC and its subsidiaries.

But trust me, most of them dont know the cause of their failures in life, they think it is because they are not yet lucky to "hit it" in one online scam or because their "hustle" never reach! shocked shocked
I bet you, the average American or European Youth does not put-in half of the effort you put into your struggle but they excel and succeed....more than you by a mile!

These people in Power (Jonathan and his Ministers) and the thieves in the nations "golden egg nest" (NNPC and Its Subsidiaries) are the ones holding down your future.

Go figure if you can.... or keep shouting tribalism and Bigotry on Nairaland. wink undecided
This report is similar to the audit of Petrobas Brazil National oil company the equivalant of NNPC.Millions of Brazilians have been on the streets protesting calling for the President to resign over the missing billions in their country as well

8 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Excuzeme: 3:37am On Apr 28, 2015
nduchucks:
It is time to give 3 or 4 big fish immunity and protection, in exchage for their songs. Many will sing instead of going to prison.

I understand that the "Legis-looters" tried to 'sneak-in' IMMUNITY for themselves as well, in the last Bill sent to the president for his signature!

They knew what would be in the offing under this ruthless mallam who does not give a damn!
undecided

4 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Excuzeme: 3:40am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

This report is similar to the audit of Petrobas Brazil National oil company the equivalant of NNPC.Millions of Brazilians have been on the streets protesting calling for the President to resign over the missing billions in their country as well

Our own Youths seem to be to casual about what affect their future.
They seem just about brazenly "unserious", in my own view.

If our Youths were serious and are ready to provide the needed impetus for a corruption-free society, which will be to their best advantage as they represent the future, you wont see or hear them canvassing for a thief and looter, just because they hate the tribe his opponent comes from or simply because they dont like someone's religion or region.

I dont have much hope on our youths... may be they would disappoint me sha. undecided

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 28, 2015
I am so proud of Nigerians! Finally the masses are becoming less ignorant! Nigeria could easily have become the Dubai of Africa, but i can't really blame the corrupt leaders...its because the masses didn't know better in the past to demand accountability.....But hey, hopefully things will change now....Corruption is the biggest problem in Nigeria.....$20 billion invested in building world class hospitals, schools, roads and power supply would have gone a very long way. The funny thing is, the place (South South) where the OIL is gotten from is a 5hit hole!!!! What goes around comes around, and all these corrupt, kleptomaniacs will rot in hell.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by iPopAlomo(m): 3:56am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

Barcanista actually supports the probe he has shown his support on this thread with his comment which really shocked me.It was too much for him to bear.

For real... Lol... link please...
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by izzieman: 4:00am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:
Nigerian Petroleum Developent company(NPDC) and CBN refused to open their financial statement to PWC.SO the report is dead on arrival,another audit has to take place. It has no credibilty go to premium times and read the audit. NNPC is the definition of corruption here are some excerpts from the report:
" We requested for meetings and information from the Central Bank of Nigeria (“CBN”) but were not granted access to nor given the
requested information by the CBN
"page 196
" We requested for meetings and information from the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (“NPDC”) but were not granted access to nor given the requested information by the NPDC"page 196
"The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"
The audit is therefore null and void and a new one has to be undertaken with full access to CBN accounts and NPDC
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/Full%20report--20billion%20dollars%20missing%20oil%20money.pdf
[size=16pt]This report has further justified Buhari desire to Probe NNPC [/size]

One thing we all need in our country today is empathy. The people I feel for the most, is the people in the oil producing regions. Their farmland and fishing grounds have been destroyed by this oil.

If all this stolen money is used to build a Dubai like modern city in Bayelsa or Rivers state, I am pretty sure no one would even talk of saying a bad word about Diezani or Jonathan but sadly, none of this money would be used there, rather, some of it is making Dubai grow richer and helping America or Europe's economy while our youths wallow in poverty and joblessness.

What kind of god do these people serve?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 28, 2015
iPopAlomo:

For real... Lol... link please...
barcanista:
Wow, Wonderful...!!! I urge General Buhari to extend his probe from 1999 till date. I support this call for thorough probe and bring all culprit to justice

I was in shock when I read it,I thought maybe he had been hacked
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by iPopAlomo(m): 4:08am On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
Am sure one barcanista will be somewhere writing rubbish that he will come and post here in blind defence of this lootery act. I think he's good at analysis, why is he not here to defend this on time. Youths of today baffles me a lot.

Nope... his analysis are shit... He wants Buhari to probe from 1999... I'm seeing he's beginning to swing again... too late barcanista... I told you once before... You're becoming irrelevant...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 28, 2015
izzieman:

One thing we all need in our country today is empathy. The people I feel for the most, is the people in the oil producing regions. Their farmland and fishing grounds have been destroyed by this oil.

If all this stolen money is used to build a Dubai like modern city in Bayelsa or Rivers state, I am pretty sure no one would even talk of saying a bad word about Diezani or Jonathan but sadly, none of this money would be used there, rather, some of it is making Dubai grow richer and helping America or Europe's economy while our youths wallow in poverty and joblessness.

What kind of god do these people serve?
What pains me the most is Diezanni Madueke greed and recklessness. She was an Executive Director in Shell before she was appointed Minister of Petroleum and attained the Age of 45 so she was eligble for pension for life of 50% of her last salary from Shell, so she gets at least $300,000 in pension payments from Shell annually based on being a former Director.She never needed to steal, now add the annual pension payments to her Salary as Minister of Petroleum.The level of greed of some people is unimaginable and shocking

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by iPopAlomo(m): 4:16am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

barcanista:
Wow, Wonderful...!!! I urge General Buhari to extend his probe from 1999 till date. I support this call for thorough probe and bring all culprit to justice

I was in shock when I read it,I thought maybe he had been hacked

He wasn't hacked... Since he likes analysing... I'm sure he's starting to realise... no money... no PDP... come 2019... it's probably going to be ACCORD or APGA as main opposition... PDP strategy has always been money... but every strategy player knows... DECEPTION IS THE ULTIMATE STRATEGY!!!
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by mikeywise(m): 4:23am On Apr 28, 2015
shocked angry angry
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Chivasex: 4:43am On Apr 28, 2015
Thank God for this change of government, this gej and his croonies would have killed this country.
What do we really expect when he made a lawyer the MD of NPDC, someone without an iota of technilogical texerity, who doesnt event know the color of crude oil to lord of engineers who in them selves are thieves and agents of Dieziani.
the bird has finally come home to roost.
Buhari please dont spare these people that have driven Nigerians so deperately into their early graves by this hardship they created in the country through out the fatal reign of gej as president. He is not even worth using capital letters for his ancronyms.

1 Like

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by sammhi(m): 4:54am On Apr 28, 2015
most commentators here are either biased , naive or plain mischievious......let GMB order 20 more probes...on nnpc.....one thing is clear.....nnpc was set up for fraud since 1977.... due to its operating structure.
you need to change its operating structure.period
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Truth234(m): 5:06am On Apr 28, 2015
dutchjongen:

It won't happen in Nigeria, most people won't even take time to read through the pages.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu With Speakers Of APC States And Their Deputies (Photos) / #EndSARS: Traffic Gridlock In Rivers As Pro-Buhari Protesters Take Over / FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.