Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (34845 Views)

Oba Akiolu "Stylishly" Tells Atiku To Forget Nigerian Presidency / Atiku To Oyegun: You Can’t Break Rules Without Creating Problems / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ascek(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Most of our problems started during the Obasanjo regime in 1999. I find it hypocritical that Nigerians will accuse GEJ for all the problems this country is facing.

I totally agree with you.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by NCOIM(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerians Asked For Change[s][/s]
They've gotten the ironic Shit!!
May29 isn't here yet,,,the Senile ones are already ruling from behind

undecided
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by kodded(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Calling someone baby mama is not same as accusing them of killing their wife and daughter Bro.
undecided

you act stupiid hope you are not stupiid

undecided
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by annibro(f): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
baby124:
Electricity is better in private hands with government regulation

Yes! but not in d hands of those who bought it just 2 crumble it & sell Milkano 2 us.
IBB bought Shiroro Power Substation
Abdulsalami bought Kainji Substation
Otedola bought Egbim Substation

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by agabaI23(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

GEJ met a problem and instead of solving it, he added more to it, that's how he was judged. In 6 years as president, Nigerians expect improvement, not beating around the same problem.

Do you remember there was no single telecom company in Nogeria when OBj over office? He didn't need to be blaming IBB and Anacha for the problems, he solved it with seriousness.
But it was Abacha that granted the first licence to telecoms company.

Tell us the problems GEJ added

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by LAX89(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
princesslucy83:
Atiku are you interested in PHCN?

[/b]I think electricity is better in the private sector than Government.

[b]You nailed it! Atiku wanted a bite from PHCN but GEJ wouldn't oblige, so he wants a do-over. Can anyone remember when NITEL was a monopoly run by government.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by DesChyko: 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
cyberguy72:
Why not open OBJ and TINUBU's files.He-diot
I'm in support of probing the outgoing administration for cracks and letting them suffer for their probable ills if found wanting, as a deterrent to others.
What is disgusting, however, is painting the incoming administration a 'saintly one'. There is nothing decent about them or their processes either, for now. All I noticed is that Mr Ben gave his car a new coat. Same engine, same interior, same troubles.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by bid4rich(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Father forgive him 'cos he doesnt know what he is saying.

For Atiku to say Buhari should revoke privatisation of PHCN, I can bet it with anybody, he has something to gain from it.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
baby124:
Electricity is better in private hands with government regulation
Truee talk....if reversed we might be looking at another NNPC
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by AjaniDWickedBoy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
embarassed sm0kinq mah weeds & sippinq viju milk..wetin concern we?
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ricsman(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
GMB knows there's a lot of things to be dealt with. The Power Privatisation thing is also a cover up like the NNPC. u would marvel at things when the PHCN is revisited by the incoming govt. Heard they bought it amongst themselves.
meanwhile, if this is coming from Atiku then, the end of the world is at hand. God is watching.
u made me laugh even when I hardly do it in NL
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Ismaelkola(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://leadership.ng/news/429136/atiku-to-buhari-reverse-phcn-privatisation

Nothing wrong In Privitalization...Its always Brought about sanity
Were Nigeria government do fail her citizens is Lack of regulations and price control of all private organisations
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by kheart(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
vizkiz:

should I eat rice and beans or vegetabe and fufu for lunch...please advice sad

No u better chou grease and petrol
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by dandoki: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
We should trust Buhari for courage to do what is needful not minding the fact that the problems are in legions!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ajepako(f): 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Advice is like a-s-s-h-o-l-e

we all have one
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by SergeAlain: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
I am sure the private investors wont mind, once you cough up the $2.5b they paid you in total for the assets plus any bank interest that has accrued since then, plus amounts they have since invested in replacing old transformers etc.

Sorry did i mention you also have to invite back the old PHCN workers most of whom had already been handsomely paid off, and then continue paying them salaries!!! Will be nice to see how you do this while also providing school meals, paying unemployment benefits to graduate along with all the other wonderful promises that underlined the change agenda.

This is without mentioning the terrible impact this will have on investor confidence when you then want to invite investors to build your railways, manage your airports etc.

Goodluck (Not GEJ oo) to you all, you will certainly need plenty of Patience( not PEJ oooo) over the next 4 years on power supply if GMB takes this poison pill advice from Atiku.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by watchingin3D: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
A little bird told me he(Atiku )benefits from the sales of Gen. Sets.
I think the privatization affected him.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Abugab(m): 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
We know that power sector is comatosed and Atiku was part of the people who made it so. GMB must as a matter of urgency and importance review the privatisation as the IPPs were sold off to cronies whose only interest was to start collecting money in th form of power bills without supplying power. At least, instead of government to be eating the money from the power sector, some dudes were given the chance in form of privation like we have in the oil & gas sector too.
Naija, is just one big cake which every ruler and their cronies want to always devour but thank God they have not been able to finish the cake and if we don't tame the rate at which the cake is feasted on, we shall one day wake up and see that we don't have anything again as a nation. God bless Nigeria
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by rabimlomo: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
4stylz:

Please eat all my broda

Haba! you wan give am running stomach ni? You no nice at all. Chai!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by iliyande(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
I bought 100 units since January until today, the unit is still there looking at me because the 30minute at night supply of electricity can't finish the unit . Today they went to settle the so called service charge only to discover that I am owing about three thousand naira. No scam like privatisation.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by chamboy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
fewj:

Have you ever heard foxnews report anything good about Barack Obama?
but not to this extreme
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by okoriejephthah: 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Buhari killed his wife and injected sickle cell into his daughter who later died because he hated her.- AIT

And you want AIT to be following Buhari anywhere he goes?

AIT never see anything
if what they said of him is false,why don't he come up and clear the air?sorry for nigeria!!!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Ufranklin92(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
boujaye:

franklin, not u na, shooo.

i for say na,i think say u don dey mistake me for atiku cheesy
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by otr1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
I agree with him on this. The privatization is not yielding any positive result(and will never) and so, it should be reversed.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by tete7000(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigeria taking one step forward and two hundred steps backward since 1894. If there is anomaly in privatisation, I think the appropriate thing to do is to correct the anomaly and not nullify the entire process. Who said the next privatisation won't record irregularity? So next government will cancel that too and we continue in a cycle. Comment from a warp mind!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Aroh48(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
vizkiz:

should I eat rice and beans or vegetabe and fufu for lunch...please advice sad
Jst take HCL,it's gud for you.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by chamboy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ismaelkola:

Nothing wrong In Privitalization...Its always Brought about sanity
Were Nigeria government do fail her citizens is Lack of regulations and price control of all private organisations
If APC-led government can do dis am 50% satisfied
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by shamecurls(m): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
princesslucy83:
Atiku are you interested in PHCN?

I think electricity is better in the private sector than Government.

You re very right and correct but the privatization was a sham and was never a true one as they just shared it among the big wigs who were interested. Its a big flop
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by boujaye: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ufranklin92:

i for say na,i think say u don dey mistake me for atiku cheesy

you better pass atiku na grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by rabimlomo: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
laplace12:

Worse things have been said about Obama.

Take your stone age vindictive mindset set elsewhere, this democracy cannot accommodate it. Tell that to your tyrant general too.
Why do you always compare naija with U.S Why not give examples from other countries, UK, canada, australia etc?

And I just got an info that fox news is banned in canada because lying is against their media law.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Great

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / $4m Puts Atiku’s Man In Trouble / Governor Oshiomhole Survives A Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.